King of the Hammers 2017 - Page 26 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #626 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeptahoewhite View Post
They didn't address it and yet, they awarded him 2nd place... Am I the only one wondering wtf happened to make it okay?
What do you mean it wasn't addressed? If you're expecting a call from Dave Cole to explain why he stayed on the podium...can I have your stuff?

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #627 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
Most all racing has some leeway, especially dirt sports. Think WRC, Dakar
Pretty sure these 2 take checkpoints very seriously. As I said before Cody Webb lost the race that he dominated due to a missed checkpoint. Would his checkpoint have made a difference in the race, no.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 09:09 PM   #628 (permalink)

Member # 67732
Was sheerererer leading during the third lap at all?

[QUOTE=jettscott;14783350]That guy can go fuck himself with whatever power tools he has left.[/QUOTE]

[color=red][SIZE="3"][b]For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIZE][/b][/color]
Honky Lips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #629 (permalink)

Member # 684874
The UTV I pitted for originally was DNF'd until he turned in his tracker. They reviewed it and gave him the finish. Either the timing gate at main was jacked up or he missed it when leaving the pits. If he missed it, he went where the course worker told him to go to get back on course.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #630 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Pretty sure these 2 take checkpoints very seriously. As I said before Cody Webb lost the race that he dominated due to a missed checkpoint. Would his checkpoint have made a difference in the race, no.
You're right they do, but the way they administer penalties is kind of...arbitrary.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #631 (permalink)

Member # 98652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky Lips View Post
Was sheerererer leading during the third lap at all?
Yeah...Scherer had a wonky tracker so it was hard to tell exactly where he was but he and Waylon lead the 3rd lap after Wayes broke on spooners, till Shannon caught them with a couple miles to go!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikeb273 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #632 (permalink)

Member # 3239
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
All I have to add is it makes me smile everytime I see you guys type Scherererer

And a few years ago didn't Randy miss a checkpoint and get third and then disqualify himself so as not to cause issues??
Old 02-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #633 (permalink)

Member # 3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post
Tomahawk's explaination on facebook:
I don't care that Shannon drove over my rope, I don't care that he took 35 feet of my winch extension, 30 feet off my drum, my flatlink and looked at it drove over it. That is what it is, he didn't have verbal or visual permission to do either one of those. I did my best to get my car out of the way so I wasn't blocking the notch in spooners. I tried to point out to drivers that I could signal to take the high line while trying to fix my rear driveline. Every other driver managed to go around clean.
At that point he had 50-60 feet of my rope wrapped around his front left axle, I ran up next to him less then a foot from his window. He stopped, I reached in to untangle the mess and he stood on the gas, now I'm belling surfing his drivers front tire getting mostly run over trying to hang on to his door bar and not get my legs run over by his back tires. Then I got the rope out and he proceeded. End of story, I was pissed wanted to file a red card and didn't push it. There the facts Memes
Any video of this?

Last edited by southernfriedcj8; 02-14-2017 at 12:05 PM.
southernfriedcj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #634 (permalink)
Trail Tampon

Member # 27333
Can anyone explain this??

Last edited by rajincajingt; 02-14-2017 at 01:45 PM.
rajincajingt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #635 (permalink)

Member # 23853
Send a message via AIM to DarkEternal Send a message via Skype™ to DarkEternal
Not much to explain, he ripped a tire apart off the wheel and the tire balls inside flew everywhere
DarkEternal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 01:51 PM   #636 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajincajingt View Post
Can anyone explain this??

Crappy tires blew apart and lost their stuff.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #637 (permalink)
Trail Tampon

Member # 27333
Sooooo, they weren't outlawed?
rajincajingt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #638 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 110672
Quote:
From what I understand this is the last year.

Why are they not being allowed?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #639 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 214484
Quote:
They're done after this season if I remember right.
TreeQuotaTon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #640 (permalink)

Member # 123919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms97ZJ View Post
From what I understand this is the last year.

"To Ultra4 Drivers, fans, and partners,
As many of you are aware, the concept of eliminating the use of redundant tire inflation systems (Tire Liners, Tire Balls, etc) has been discussed from multiple perspectives. From my perspective as the promoter of Ultra4 Racing, I need to provide a safe and competitive racing series. The bottom line is that having the 'safety net' that you won't get a flat tire allows drivers to take risks with impunity. Those risks lead to an event that is harder to contain in a safe and predictable manner (as predictable as Off Road Racing can be). Secondarily, as a fan of the sport, I believe the ability to take care of your equipment is an area that differentiates competitors. I have held these views for several years now but have staunchly stood by our chief tenant of Unlimited Off Road Racing.
Over the past year, I have been approached by both competitors and Tire Manufacturers regarding the continued use of the technology. At this year's King of the Hammers I asked all of our participating tire partners to join us for a meeting to discuss this issue and enforcing the DOT Tire rule in the EMC Classes of racing. All of the partners, with the exception of one, were present and all unanimously indicated from their point of view they would like to see this technology eliminated. This is not an indictment of a given brand. In fact, most tire companies have a variation of the same technology. Their perspective was that they wanted their tire designs to stand on their own merit. They all agreed that without the fall back of a secondary inflation system, they would be required to keep pushing development technology to make a better product. I have spoken to at least twenty teams individually and with very few exceptions have received variations of the same sentiments.
I want to be very clear. There has never been discussion about the safety or performance of any of these technologies. The ancillary finding that teams with secondary inflation systems experience more flats is almost certainly attributed to more aggressive driving as opposed to performance of the systems.
The final concern I had was an obligation to our drivers to protect their investments as best as possible. I do not want to cause teams to mothball thousands of dollars of parts based on a rule change. I have spoken to both manufacturers and teams and have quantified the service life of existing systems at two years.
As such, effective 12/31/2017, redundant tire inflation systems, anything that could be used to retain the tire profile in a puncture situation, will be illegal for use in Ultra4 competition.
As always, I am available to discuss this, or any matter, at any time.
Sincerest Regards,
Dave Cole
Hammerking Productions
Ultra4 Racing"
Old 02-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #641 (permalink)

Member # 7647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
And a few years ago didn't Randy miss a checkpoint and get third and then disqualify himself so as not to cause issues??
That was Tom, and it was 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms97ZJ View Post
That picture might have something to do with it. They're a PITA to pick up if they ever depart the tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeQuotaTon View Post
They're done after this season if I remember right.
Correct.

KF5EQF

Last edited by apeters89; 02-14-2017 at 02:42 PM.
apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #642 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 110672
Cool. Good info. Actually makes sense. When I first say the tire shredding I thought it was rocks getting kicked up. I had never seen the tire balls before.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #643 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeters89 View Post
That was Tom, and it was 1st.
No, what Brad speaks of did happen to Randy... I believe it was 2009.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #644 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peow130 View Post
"To Ultra4 Drivers, fans, and partners,
As many of you are aware, the concept of eliminating the use of redundant tire inflation systems (Tire Liners, Tire Balls, etc) has been discussed from multiple perspectives. From my perspective as the promoter of Ultra4 Racing, I need to provide a safe and competitive racing series. The bottom line is that having the 'safety net' that you won't get a flat tire allows drivers to take risks with impunity. Those risks lead to an event that is harder to contain in a safe and predictable manner (as predictable as Off Road Racing can be). Secondarily, as a fan of the sport, I believe the ability to take care of your equipment is an area that differentiates competitors. I have held these views for several years now but have staunchly stood by our chief tenant of Unlimited Off Road Racing.
Over the past year, I have been approached by both competitors and Tire Manufacturers regarding the continued use of the technology. At this year's King of the Hammers I asked all of our participating tire partners to join us for a meeting to discuss this issue and enforcing the DOT Tire rule in the EMC Classes of racing. All of the partners, with the exception of one, were present and all unanimously indicated from their point of view they would like to see this technology eliminated. This is not an indictment of a given brand. In fact, most tire companies have a variation of the same technology. Their perspective was that they wanted their tire designs to stand on their own merit. They all agreed that without the fall back of a secondary inflation system, they would be required to keep pushing development technology to make a better product. I have spoken to at least twenty teams individually and with very few exceptions have received variations of the same sentiments.
I want to be very clear. There has never been discussion about the safety or performance of any of these technologies. The ancillary finding that teams with secondary inflation systems experience more flats is almost certainly attributed to more aggressive driving as opposed to performance of the systems.
The final concern I had was an obligation to our drivers to protect their investments as best as possible. I do not want to cause teams to mothball thousands of dollars of parts based on a rule change. I have spoken to both manufacturers and teams and have quantified the service life of existing systems at two years.
As such, effective 12/31/2017, redundant tire inflation systems, anything that could be used to retain the tire profile in a puncture situation, will be illegal for use in Ultra4 competition.
As always, I am available to discuss this, or any matter, at any time.
Sincerest Regards,
Dave Cole
Hammerking Productions
Ultra4 Racing"
I wonder if the tire ball mfg was invited.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #645 (permalink)

Member # 3239
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post
Yes this is what I was talking about. That was the year I raced with Mello.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #646 (permalink)
Need an LS

Member # 23188
I have heard that Jason stopped for Loren when Loren was holding his Car-B-Q and Scherererererer helped him with it.

While that is AWESOME and totally the type of person Jay is...the question is...

Did he stop for more than 3 minutes? If he didn't ....he would have won.

Last edited by Kurtuleas; 02-14-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #647 (permalink)

Member # 39660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post
I have heard that Jason stopped for Loren when Loren was holding his Car-B-Q and Scherererererer helped him with it.

While that is AWESOME and totally the type of person Jay is...the question is...

Did he stop for more than 3 minutes? If he didn't ....he would have won.
Not necessarily, he could have run into different traffic, not gotten a benefit of following someones line on a trail or in the desert. I know what you're saying, but a million things could have happened to affect the outcome in any alternative situation.

Think if there was a problem, and you didn't stop, and then the person had a total loss, serious injury, death, etc. That'd be rough for some to swallow.
Attached Images

Last edited by christyle; 02-14-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: pic added
christyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #648 (permalink)
Need an LS

Member # 23188
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyle View Post
Not necessarily, he could have run into different traffic, not gotten a benefit of following someones line on a trail or in the desert. I know what you're saying, but a million things could have happened to affect the outcome in any alternative situation.

Think if there was a problem, and you didn't stop, and then the person had a total loss, serious injury, death, etc. That'd be rough for some to swallow.
True.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:14 PM   #649 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 21622
Send a message via AIM to Corey Young Send a message via Yahoo to Corey Young
2009 Randy placed 2nd. Come to find out he missed a small section of the course and DQd himself.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...is-koh-25.html
Corey Young is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 PM   #650 (permalink)

Member # 7647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Young View Post
2009 Randy placed 2nd. Come to find out he missed a small section of the course and DQd himself.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...is-koh-25.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post

Right! I forgot about that one.

KF5EQF

apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in