FNLC - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLES View Post
Daughter decided to glue pages of magazines to her wall with elmers glue. Fun.

I will have 3 female turkeys here soon, daughter, niece, and niece. All ranging from 10 to 12. Can't wait to here them running up and down the hallway, knocking shit over and giggling all night.

I can wait. Fuckers.

My nephew (5 years old) will be here too, hanging out with the cousins, sisiter, and my 14 year old son.

Soooooooo. I have a house full of little shits. Maybe tomorrow night i will have a break.......I shouldn't have won the custody battle. I should have thought about the risks.
When you realize how fawked they could have turned out it makes it all worth it. Stay strong

Mines working full time and going to school full time and she will be taking summer school to knock out some general ed classes.

If it were up to her mom she would be trying to find some dude to take care of her so she could sit on her ass and spend his hard earned money and still be miserable, while he worked all the time...
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa V2.0 View Post
When you realize how fawked they could have turned out it makes it all worth it. Stay strong

Mines working full time and going to school full time and she will be taking summer school to knock out some general ed classes.

If it were up to her mom she would be trying to find some dude to take care of her so she could sit on her ass and spend his hard earned money and still be miserable, while he worked all the time...

I know.
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 23716
Send a message via AIM to YotaRedneckGirl Send a message via Yahoo to YotaRedneckGirl
Got up and finished a paper for class today then headed to my Sister's who is going through a tough time. Took care of her 4 kids and worked around their house for the next 8 hours.

Picked up a pizza on the way home and drove the back way home. Husband and I are heading to the city tomorrow just for something to do - make a Costco and farm supply store and find a good place to eat. Maybe hit up a museum while we're there.

Mushrooms are starting to pop, hoping to get outside for awhile tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Fuck everything.

Been up since 4:30... I might make it till 9 :loser:
Old 04-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaRedneckGirl View Post

Mushrooms are starting to pop, hoping to get outside for awhile tomorrow afternoon.
My wife is up in OREGUN and I asked her to at least go look for some chanterelles, It's been so wet this year there have to be some popping still...I can dream right
Old 04-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post
Fuck everything.

Beers or PM. I will make both, well may have already made one and it's 8:04 here
Old 04-14-2017, 09:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 23716
Send a message via AIM to YotaRedneckGirl Send a message via Yahoo to YotaRedneckGirl
Quote:
My wife is up in OREGUN and I asked her to at least go look for some chanterelles, It's been so wet this year there have to be some popping still...I can dream right
I know my buddy in WA found some chanterelles a couple weeks ago. I'm looking forward to a fried mushroom sandwich and a couple skillets full of very unhealthy 'shrooms!
Old 04-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
The ground here is just about the squishiest I can remember it ever being. And that's from the coast to detroit lake. Everywhere is just faking soft. Not sure what that means for the mushrooms you're having her look for. Oh, I'm talking about oregon if the connection wasn't made because I didn't quote santa.

Last edited by cslimfu; 04-14-2017 at 09:09 PM.
cslimfu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 53696
In.

Weather was quite nice on Wednesday got most errands done, yesterday we had 70mph winds that were relentless for most of the day...

Changed rear shocks on my moms Liberty yesterday before weather got worse.
Farming out front struts - pain in the ass to get at them, and a mechanic friend will do them for cheap

Me and 142lb Alpha dog have been getting into routine walks in the evenings, switching his diet a bit, so far so good. About to step out and go walk him in a few min.

Need to order parts for Miata project, front clip is off, fender braces are on as of a couple weeks back. Now I need new radiator/timing belt-water pump kit/OEM Tstat and a few other bits - might as well get it all with the car apart.

Likely get back on it after my Wisconsin vacation/roadtrip in May.

Tomorrow morning work fun starts...
Old 04-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post
Fuck everything.

^Me every day.

OFS: Old Fuckrs Syndrome.

In.My Airedale was 8 years old today.

Had a good walk.
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
IN!

Master cylinder on the 69 Mustang today, now I have to bleed the brakes by myself... I am sure there is a thread here on that...

Tomorrow is front air bag to coil strut conversion on the Mark VIII, then fix a leaky headlight on the Ranger.

Sunday is a headliner on the F250... and I am spending time with my granddson.

Somewhere in between I have to pull the 75 Bolens apart so I can pull the hydraulic hoses and have replacements built...

Happy dead man rising day!

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.
71PA_Highboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
^Me every day.

OFS: Old Fuckrs Syndrome.

In.My Airedale was 8 years old today.

Had a good walk.
I look forward to weekends where I can sleep until 6am... and then boom WIDE AWAKE
Old 04-14-2017, 09:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
The ground here is just about the squishiest I can remember it ever being. And that's from the coast to detroit lake. Everywhere is just faking soft. Not sure what that means for the mushrooms you're having her look for. Oh, I'm talking about oregon if the connection wasn't made because I didn't quote santa.
She's on the coast just south of Newport. When we were there in October I stopped picking because I don't like them dried and even with my dad eating them daily we would be hard pressed to eat them all. I made a bunch of mushroom pasta and soup MMMMMMMMMMM

It also brings out the pussy in a lot of people.."how do you know you picked the right ones" Umm why do you think I served you first

But seriously, with chanterelles you would have to be an absolute moron to pick the wrong one if you have half a brain.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 53453
I'm holding down this porcelain throne like it's trying to fly away.... fuck my life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 09:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
I'm in the woods 5 days a week hauling logs. I've seen guys fill hard hats with them a foot off the road in one spot. Never cared for them(whole fam doesn't like them either) and don't know which ones to pick, so I don't.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
I'm in the woods 5 days a week hauling logs. I've seen guys fill hard hats with them a foot off the road in one spot. Never cared for them(whole fam doesn't like them either) and don't know which ones to pick, so I don't.
I don't know how many edible varieties there are. I now I could pick lobster mushrooms the size of a possum in October, but I'm not a big fan.

Having spent a lot of time in Germany growing up they use Chanterelles like we use button mushrooms. Unfortunately they are $25 to $40 a pound for moderately good probably week plus old mushrooms in the stores when you can get them here. We pick them and eat them fresh when we can and get a bit of exercise doing it.

They are awesome, sautéed, in soup, in pasta, fried, etc. We just love them and they are so much better when fresh.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
I'm holding down this porcelain throne like it's trying to fly away.... fuck my life.
Sick or diverticulitis? Have a co-worker who has that. When he has to take a couple days off he celebrates his return with informing everyone whether it was a bloody episode or not
Old 04-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 148982
Quote:
Originally Posted by TireFryerSS View Post
So not looking forward to teen girl drama. She's already the most dramatic 8yr old Ive ever met. I figure by the time she's in her teens she'll either love me or hate me
At 8, enjoy the easy now cause it gets more funner year by year.

Have fun!

Edit to add:
I have a 9yo girl also.
Then my wife, 2 female dogs, 4 female rabbits, 4 hens... dammit, I need me a male gold fish or something..

Last edited by Pat McRotch; 04-14-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Pat McRotch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
Sick or diverticulitis?
Brown bottle flu.

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigBoozer View Post
Brown bottle flu.
He is injun, you're probably right.

And the weird thing all the giants fans just did with their cell phone flashlights pissed me the fawkk off, but they scored a bunch of runs so I'm conflicted.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Side job poured some concrete today, got a kick a$$ side job for tommorow. Ranger doug is playing some good tunes tonight. Gf coming down tommorrow night

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 107967
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71PA_Highboy View Post
IN!

Master cylinder on the 69 Mustang today, now I have to bleed the brakes by myself... I am sure there is a thread here on that...

Tomorrow is front air bag to coil strut conversion on the Mark VIII, then fix a leaky headlight on the Ranger.

Sunday is a headliner on the F250.

Somewhere in between I have to pull the 75 Bolens apart so I can pull the hydraulic hoses and have replacements built...

Good thing that jeebus stuff doesn't get in my way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71PA_Highboy View Post
IN!

Sunday is a headliner on the F250... and I am spending time with my granddson.

It's like deja vu....
Old 04-15-2017, 05:49 AM   #48 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Jeebus was pissed I took out the reference, so he posted it twice for me...

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.
71PA_Highboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 07:06 AM   #49 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
Daughter decided to glue pages of magazines to her wall with elmers glue. Fun.
Encourage her to "image cut" the pictures. 1. It will keep her busy for HOURS. 2. They make really cool collages. I wish I had the one I made in about 1966. That would be vintage.

Quote:
I will have 3 female turkeys here soon, daughter, niece, and niece. All ranging from 10 to 12. Can't wait to here them running up and down the hallway, knocking shit over and giggling all night.

I can wait. Fuckers.

My nephew (5 years old) will be here too, hanging out with the cousins, sisiter, and my 14 year old son.

Soooooooo. I have a house full of little shits. Maybe tomorrow night i will have a break.......I shouldn't have won the custody battle. I should have thought about the risks.
Good times... in retrospect.
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16751
FNLC

I'm in
With possibly the most loser-ist story

Flying to see some family for the holiday

Left a loaded 9mm mag in my duffle bag from my last camping trip
Yay me !
Lots of delightful conversation with the TSA

Then when we are landing , gear down , about fifty feet off the runway the pilot aborts the landing and guns it and takes off

Flew around for twenty minutes with no explanation and
Then land

Look around the airport for half an hour trying to find Economy rent a car
Not on the list of rental companies
Turns out they are are off site and have to take a shuttle bus to the place
Walk all over trying to find the right shuttle bus and finally give up and call economy rent a car to find out how to get there . After battling my way thru their "press one for this , press two for that "
Menu and finally get to a real person , they said they cancelled our reservation and rented out our car and don't have any cars left

Grrr
Walk up to the counter at the nearest place and they want $480 for the weekend ,
Get on the iPhone and make an online reservation for $275

Left home at 2:00 for a 4:30 flight
Arrived at motel at 10

Next time i visit them, I'm gonna just fking drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?[Alan Keyes]

For some, Freedom matters, for most, prosperity suffices.[Fred Reed]

74Bronco EFI 5spd

Last edited by roundhouse; 04-15-2017 at 07:16 AM.
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in