Prime day - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 55981
Damn!! I set an alarm to buy a hotels.com card for $500 and I went there, the 500 wasnt part of the deal so I went back to the $50 and they were sold....fml ha
82_toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 31358
Send a message via AIM to clendaniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerfreak View Post
Not yet, I've been eyeballing a Amazon Tap, but at $79 I'm still not sold on it. I'm looking for a powered bluetooth speaker and am afraid the Tap would be too tinny sounding. I've seen powered bookshelf speakers with bluetooth for the same price, I need something I can set up in the garage or yard when I'm working and I can actually hear when working.
If you don't care about the Echo functionality it's hard to beat this one. Picked it up based on the reviews for use on our deck, camping, at the beach, etc and that little F'r sounds surprisingly good even when cranked up full blast.

--Ian
clendaniel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 83430
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerfreak View Post
Not yet, I've been eyeballing a Amazon Tap, but at $79 I'm still not sold on it. I'm looking for a powered bluetooth speaker and am afraid the Tap would be too tinny sounding. I've seen powered bookshelf speakers with bluetooth for the same price, I need something I can set up in the garage or yard when I'm working and I can actually hear when working.
We have a tap and use the speaker pretty much daily. Isnt tinny at all and actually sounds pretty good. Gets pretty loud too. They also updated the firmware on it and you can set it up to act like an echo where you dont have to press the button every time.

I did end up buying a dot today. Cashed in some points through work and ended up only paying 20 bucks for it.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #54 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 487154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
I bought a 4.5" Makita Grinder and some Wera screwdrivers.
That Makita (Ga4530) is a pretty good deal. Not 50% off as they advertise, but still cheaper than can be had off eBay.
Same thing for the Ingersoll 231C at $98. That's all we had back when I was at Belle Tire (Michigan thing), I saw those things take some serious abuse and just keep going. The 2235TiMAX is on there also for $208.
They have 4 1/2 x .40 x 7/8 cut-off wheels coming up for sale shortly. At $30 for a 50 pack (before whatever Prime Day deal), that's a better deal than you can get at any stores clearance racks.

I've had Amazon Prime ~7 years, never had any complaints about shipping. Everything that was prime eligible (roughly 95% of what I've ordered) was there 2 days after ordering and before I get home from work, so long as I don't order too late. Some items can be ordered later than others and still be there in 2 days Plus shipping on Sunday is pretty nice.
________/__/__\____\_,__
|- /¯¯\_''______/¯¯\-[]===[]
_`(o)_)<>)_)__`(o)_)o==)_)

Quote:
Mathematics itself operates as Whiteness.
5TonDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 81022
Quote:
Originally Posted by will12785 View Post
Its about as good as gander mountains going out of business sale
hah I was there to check it out, seems like all they did was raise the prices really high & put the inflated prices on sale....

also they have Wanted signs for job positions....I asked the employees when they were closing doors and they don't know.

Anyway I got a few things on prime today.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:05 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 124676
https://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Canist...CQNB2E9PNAGR7J

Fluval FX6 for $250. Pretty good deal if anyone needs one.
f3arn0fj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by clendaniel View Post
If you don't care about the Echo functionality it's hard to beat this one. Picked it up based on the reviews for use on our deck, camping, at the beach, etc and that little F'r sounds surprisingly good even when cranked up full blast.

--Ian
I don't require the echo functionality, I got the echo last prime day. To be honest, I doubt I'd get wifi in my garage or most certainly not out in the yard. That's one of the perks of living in a mud hut. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it goes on sale.
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector

Last edited by wheelerfreak; 07-11-2017 at 02:24 PM.
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 7647
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82_toy View Post
Also I remember a while back someone was looking for a jump starter that is small and could start a diesel. This one sounds pretty good and great reviews. If mine didnt work well I would jump on this.
https://www.amazon.com/Weego-Award-W...54c38e006a55f8
The Antigravity XP-10 is a better unit imho
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KF5EQF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 188446
Keep an eye on Woot.com as well. I got a $1000 tool box for $169 (now sold out).
ManNamedJed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
I generally prefer brick and mortar stores, but the selection and price is tough to beat on certain things.
My worry is that local B&Ms won't be around anything other than groceries. Amazon is even encroaching on that. Once they snuff out all our local options they can raise their prices and start charging shipping. I have no doubt there is an agreement somewhere with the shipping companies to bear the burden for now until they get us in a corner.... tinfoil? ..maybe.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #61 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 31621
Send a message via AIM to vetteboy79
Got an 8-quart InstantPot for $40 less than usual; I've needed a new slow cooker for a while so I figured I'd go with that.

Otherwise between the amount of movies & shows, music, plus shipping (I'm in a 'same day' shipping area for a lot of Amazon stuff), I've got no problem with what Prime charges.

Flying Pig Racing #512
vetteboy79 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 66137
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShaft696 View Post
hah I was there to check it out, seems like all they did was raise the prices really high & put the inflated prices on sale....
GM had things priced at suggested retail, with the discount off that. I did find a couple Pelican cases that were a little cheaper than they were on Amazon.

Sears is doing the same thing. Tools are pretty much picked over, with a lot of Lisle stuff left. Levi's cargo shorts for 15% off, which was still $35. Can get shorts at Gabriel Brothers for $14 a pair, why bother with Sears? My friend works at the local Sears that is closing and says they are still having trucks coming in daily, and they are hiring and letting current employees work all the OT they want.
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteboy79 View Post
Got an 8-quart InstantPot for $40 less than usual; I've needed a new slow cooker for a while so I figured I'd go with that.

Otherwise between the amount of movies & shows, music, plus shipping (I'm in a 'same day' shipping area for a lot of Amazon stuff), I've got no problem with what Prime charges.
I got the instapot last year about a month prior to prime day It actually works pretty damn well. We have used it quite a bit and really like it.
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_c View Post
GM had things priced at suggested retail, with the discount off that. I did find a couple Pelican cases that were a little cheaper than they were on Amazon.

Sears is doing the same thing. Tools are pretty much picked over, with a lot of Lisle stuff left. Levi's cargo shorts for 15% off, which was still $35. Can get shorts at Gabriel Brothers for $14 a pair, why bother with Sears? My friend works at the local Sears that is closing and says they are still having trucks coming in daily, and they are hiring and letting current employees work all the OT they want.
Two weeks ago I dropped by GM. All the firearms were discounted 30%. I could buy online with shipping and ffl for less. Went back today to see if they would haggle and they were damn near sold out. Idiots galore that saw nothing but SALE SALE SALE.

Fuck sears, they did it to themselves.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 66137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
Fuck sears, they did it to themselves.
Well yeah. The original Amazon, everything one needed in one catalog.

It's funny, the same mall that will soon be without a Sears has a big bank of Amazon lockers. I remember my parents ordering from the Sears catalog and picking it up in store. Not much different, probably quicker delivery now.

The old Sears store in my hometown was torn down the same day Sears announced it was closing the mall store that replaced the store in my hometown in '70.

Last edited by frank_c; 07-11-2017 at 11:23 PM.
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 11:16 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 55360
Wife bought a few classroom supplies (1st grade teacher) that she had be wanting for about 3 months. 20% discount and verified from price checking she has been doing. Also purchased a much needed "rug" thing for the outside of the 5th wheel toyhauler that we should have had a year ago for 50% less than what we were willing to spend (again, price research was done several months ago). Other stuff that was a "good price" but we did not "need" was avoided.
48flatty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 110491
I bought a memory foam mattress that was half off. I've been eyeing the same one for a couple months now and saw it pop up last night. My current spring mattress fucking sucks so we'll see how a cheapo memory foam holds up.
cmarjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2017, 04:28 AM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 684914
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarjeep View Post
I bought a memory foam mattress that was half off. I've been eyeing the same one for a couple months now and saw it pop up last night. My current spring mattress fucking sucks so we'll see how a cheapo memory foam holds up.
Picked up the $300 Amazon special last black Friday, one of the best buys of my life. Killed my shoulders for the first few nights but i either broke it in or got used to it pretty quick and now love it

Grabbed myself a fire 7 tablet. Regularly 50 bucks but on sale for 30, cheap enough to keep on the headboard and forget about
D Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2017, 07:08 AM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 270274
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Lightbulb

I picked up a few computer pieces I needed for a couple of builds I'm working on. I probably saved more with my points from previous purchases, than I did from their discounts.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 27575
Wife wanted a humidifier for the bedroom. The one we were looking at went on sale so we snatched it up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in