Home / Shop / Landscape Design Software for Mac - Home Gamer Version? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2017, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 29373
Home / Shop / Landscape Design Software for Mac - Home Gamer Version?

When I retire (15+ years) I hope to build our dream home/shop/pool/landscape/etc. on a few acres. I have the itch to do the initial design work just as a fun project.

However I was looking at software and there are so many specialized ones (architectural, interior design, landscape, pool, etc.), most seem to be aimed at pros, and they are $$$.

Do you know of any all-in-one versions (for Mac) that are aimed at home gamer? If I were on the cusp of building, I wouldn't mind shelling out the $$$ for the good stuff, but I'm really just scratching an itch and dreaming at this stage. I've played around with Google Sketchup and couldn't make her chooch.

Thanks in advance -
Coarsegold1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 40131
Fuck landscaping. Rather spend my money on gun shit. I'm drinking though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorsport Syndicate:::Edinburg TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Bitches today are too fucking uptight.
72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 70825
I've used the one made by punch. It's ok for basic design but you aren't going to be generating blueprints from it.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
What I use, at your stage of design:

Yes, I'm a Mac user.
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 29373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
What I use, at your stage of design:

Yes, I'm a Mac user.
If you saw the quality of my stick figure drawings, you'd rethink that advise!

Old 09-30-2017, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 224886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
Yes, I'm a Mac user.
That's redundant. We're all aware that you're an idiot already.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 232221
I use PRO Landscape software to do all my landscape bids. I'm a landscaper. It's a great program with great support from Drafix inc. However, I wouldn't go out and buy it for a one time deal. I think I spent around $1500 to buy the program and another $300/yr to keep it up to date. That would be pretty pricey for one drawing.

I would offer to help you out but I really only use the image editor portion of the program. This allows me to take a picture of a house and add computer generated landscaping around the house. There are other portions of the software that allow you draw out property lines, foundation, walls, roof, landscaping....basically a cad drawing. I haven't taken the time to learn those functions.

I would bet if you called drafix, they may be able to get you in touch with one of their customers who would be able to do a drawing for you.

link to software
siduramaxde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 29373
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_of_light View Post
I've used the one made by punch. It's ok for basic design but you aren't going to be generating blueprints from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siduramaxde View Post
I use PRO Landscape software to do all my landscape bids. I'm a landscaper. It's a great program with great support from Drafix inc. However, I wouldn't go out and buy it for a one time deal. I think I spent around $1500 to buy the program and another $300/yr to keep it up to date. That would be pretty pricey for one drawing.

I would offer to help you out but I really only use the image editor portion of the program. This allows me to take a picture of a house and add computer generated landscaping around the house. There are other portions of the software that allow you draw out property lines, foundation, walls, roof, landscaping....basically a cad drawing. I haven't taken the time to learn those functions.

I would bet if you called drafix, they may be able to get you in touch with one of their customers who would be able to do a drawing for you.

link to software
Appreciate the input gents - thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in