Mass shooting at Route 91 festival Las Vegas. - Page 34 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 08:28 PM   #826 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 29,115
guess this was probably already posted, but i haven't been keeping up with the thread very well.

USA Today reporting that there were no fully automatic weapons used.

Quote:
The hotel suite used by the Las Vegas gunman to rain deadly rounds down on concertgoers below revealed an alarming arsenal of 23 weapons and accessories, including semiautomatic rifles, scopes and hundreds of rounds of ammunition
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/726743001/
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #827 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Member # 628250
Location: In the desert
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenkennels View Post
Not trying to be the turd in the punch, but we have members who have posted in this thread who lost people there.
Agreed.


Some of the shit in the meme thread too.

You don't look like a hardass making light of this tragedy, you look like a cunt.


There's nothing about this situation, that's funny.

Fuck anyone that thinks otherwise.
Illysium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #828 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Grumpy356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 151139
Location: Brazoria County Texas
Posts: 8,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illysium View Post
Agreed.


Some of the shit in the meme thread too.

You don't look like a hardass making light of this tragedy, you look like a cunt.


There's nothing about this situation, that's funny.

Fuck anyone that thinks otherwise.
Do you understand gallos humor? It's a way to cope with situations that make no sense. You HAVE to laugh to keep from.... Well..... insert inappropriate shooter joke here.
__________________
Mass quantities of anxiety, internal conflict and discontent, all balled up in one short, tattooed body.
Grumpy356 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #829 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
DozerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9144
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,375
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_G View Post
Yup trying to assess who needed help.

Check the pulse on that one girl and it pushed blood out of her mouth.

Why he was videoing though I don't get

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
And yet held the camera perfectly for each person. Some things just make you wonder. Who videos themselves doing that, not to mention perfectly one handed.

I hate to be that guy but things seem off with it all.
__________________
Dan Smith
'physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight'

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #830 (permalink)
3d Artist for Hire!
 
animator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member # 13701
Location: Plano/Dallas
Posts: 19,306
Send a message via AIM to animator Send a message via Yahoo to animator
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan View Post
And yet held the camera perfectly for each person. Some things just make you wonder. Who videos themselves doing that, not to mention perfectly one handed.

I hate to be that guy but things seem off with it all.
Thatís the world we live in now. Where actually helping isnít nearly as important as recording it for social media...
__________________
Sometimes I parkerize stuff. PM for info..
animator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #831 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Member # 98578
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,978
Well, here I go with the tinfoil...and yes I'm going to try to make sense of what this psychopath did...

The type and amount of ARs, to include accessories seemed contrived. As we've already commented on, he had far more fire power then he needed or used. Of that firepower, he had over a dozen different models of major manufacturers, all of which were listed by name in AWB legislature attempts. For accessories, he had several that were previously listed in legislature to be banned, from slide fire stocks to certain muzzle devices to bipods to magazines. Furthermore, he had tannerite (and just ammonium nitrate) stashed in his vehicle and house. Much of these items went seemingly unused, some in neat stacks in his room.

Additionally, this guy wasn't a looney toon by most standards. No social media diatribes, no crazy rants to his local paper, etc. He was a regular old guy who went out and bought everything the legal way. No 'loopholes'. No illegal modification. No laws broken prior to his escapade.

It seems like this was his personal attempt to have legislation enacted. In previous incidents, we could always point fingers: 'it was a stolen weapon' 'he was mentally unstable' etc, etc. Not this time.

Not calling this some false flag tinfoil weirdness, but I think that it was his agenda to do it this way.

Sorry, just my late night two cents.
__________________
Semper Fidelis
TJGreg5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #832 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Member # 98578
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan View Post
And yet held the camera perfectly for each person. Some things just make you wonder. Who videos themselves doing that, not to mention perfectly one handed.

I hate to be that guy but things seem off with it all.
Especially because he had no idea how to help or what to do, and admitted that several times. Not saying he shouldn't have tried, but seemed like documenting what he did was for attention.
__________________
Semper Fidelis
TJGreg5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #833 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Member # 628250
Location: In the desert
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
Do you understand gallos humor? It's a way to cope with situations that make no sense. You HAVE to laugh to keep from.... Well..... insert inappropriate shooter joke here.
I get that.

It's shitty timing though and incredibly classless, from people whose lives weren't personally affected by this.
Illysium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #834 (permalink)
A_G
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
A_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 118487
Location: Tahlequah, OK
Posts: 9,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenkennels View Post
Not trying to be the turd in the punch, but we have members who have posted in this thread who lost people there.
Your right without saying it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Vagina advice number 1...never invite crazy into your home
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vacancy (daytona coupe, 66 charger, cougar eliminator)
1967 F250: Restomod
1998 f150 reg cab, swb, 4x4 5.4
2013 Yamaha fz8
2015 jetta
And 2 more
A_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #835 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: Bryan, TX
Posts: 11,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan View Post
And yet held the camera perfectly for each person. Some things just make you wonder. Who videos themselves doing that, not to mention perfectly one handed.

I hate to be that guy but things seem off with it all.
Ugh. I think what I've done in serious situations. Most recently a girl collapsed outside of the local grocery store puking all over, and it was over 100į outside. A random woman and I were the first persons to do anything about it.

Taking pictures was the last thing on my mind, and she never produced a camera either. It's just not the first thing, or X whatever thing that comes to mind if you care about helping.





Disclaimer: Not watching that tonight. I don't need it to know it's weird.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #836 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: Bryan, TX
Posts: 11,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGreg5 View Post
Well, here I go with the tinfoil...and yes I'm going to try to make sense of what this psychopath did...

The type and amount of ARs, to include accessories seemed contrived. As we've already commented on, he had far more fire power then he needed or used. Of that firepower, he had over a dozen different models of major manufacturers, all of which were listed by name in AWB legislature attempts. For accessories, he had several that were previously listed in legislature to be banned, from slide fire stocks to certain muzzle devices to bipods to magazines. Furthermore, he had tannerite (and just ammonium nitrate) stashed in his vehicle and house. Much of these items went seemingly unused, some in neat stacks in his room.

Additionally, this guy wasn't a looney toon by most standards. No social media diatribes, no crazy rants to his local paper, etc. He was a regular old guy who went out and bought everything the legal way. No 'loopholes'. No illegal modification. No laws broken prior to his escapade.

It seems like this was his personal attempt to have legislation enacted. In previous incidents, we could always point fingers: 'it was a stolen weapon' 'he was mentally unstable' etc, etc. Not this time.

Not calling this some false flag tinfoil weirdness, but I think that it was his agenda to do it this way.

Sorry, just my late night two cents.
You're not alone and I certainly don't think you're out of line.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #837 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 688970
Posts: 12,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Ugh. I think what I've done in serious situations. Most recently a girl collapsed outside of the local grocery store puking all over, and it was over 100į outside. A random woman and I were the first persons to do anything about it.

Taking pictures was the last thing on my mind, and she never produced a camera either. It's just not the first thing, or X whatever thing that comes to mind if you care about helping.





Disclaimer: Not watching that tonight. I don't need it to know it's weird.


Unfortunately people have changed. When my wife was in a wreck and the other vehicle overturned, three people videoed it. my wife jumped out of her totalled car to go try and help the lady out of her overturned truck.

Last edited by santa V2.0; 10-03-2017 at 08:54 PM.
santa V2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #838 (permalink)
Registered User
 
djelliott916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 134532
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGreg5 View Post
Well, here I go with the tinfoil...and yes I'm going to try to make sense of what this psychopath did...
Definitely crossed my mind a time or two.

I'm also thinking he did a little practicing. The gloves, multiple rifles... He knew shit would get hot and start jamming. Just wondering how long this was in the works. I hope that note gets leaked.
djelliott916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #839 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29527
Location: WA
Posts: 38,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGreg5 View Post
Well, here I go with the tinfoil...and yes I'm going to try to make sense of what this psychopath did...

The type and amount of ARs, to include accessories seemed contrived. As we've already commented on, he had far more fire power then he needed or used. Of that firepower, he had over a dozen different models of major manufacturers, all of which were listed by name in AWB legislature attempts. For accessories, he had several that were previously listed in legislature to be banned, from slide fire stocks to certain muzzle devices to bipods to magazines. Furthermore, he had tannerite (and just ammonium nitrate) stashed in his vehicle and house. Much of these items went seemingly unused, some in neat stacks in his room.

Additionally, this guy wasn't a looney toon by most standards. No social media diatribes, no crazy rants to his local paper, etc. He was a regular old guy who went out and bought everything the legal way. No 'loopholes'. No illegal modification. No laws broken prior to his escapade.

It seems like this was his personal attempt to have legislation enacted. In previous incidents, we could always point fingers: 'it was a stolen weapon' 'he was mentally unstable' etc, etc. Not this time.

Not calling this some false flag tinfoil weirdness, but I think that it was his agenda to do it this way.

Sorry, just my late night two cents.
Not sure where tinfoil comes into play here. This is precisely what it looks like.

My tinfoil theory is that Paddock just happened to be the guy in the perfect suite, and someone else broke in and did all the shooting. But there's nothing to support this outside of Paddocks apparent complete lack of motive.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #840 (permalink)
Registered User
 
flecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Posts: 10,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by djelliott916 View Post
I hope that note gets leaked.
I didn't realize there was a note.
__________________
I R A REVOLUTION LEADER!
flecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #841 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: Bryan, TX
Posts: 11,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa V2.0 View Post
Unfortunately people have changed. When my wife was in a wreck and the other vehicle overturned, three people videoed it. my wife jumped out of her totalled car to go try and help the lady out of her overturned truck.
Fucked up. These days, I surely do believe most people would film first and hope someone else acts.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #842 (permalink)
Mall Rated
 
RedX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 19093
Location: NC
Posts: 6,251
Send a message via AIM to RedX
Quote:
Originally Posted by flecker View Post
I didn't realize there was a note.
Hillary's finishing up writing it this evening.
__________________
Brad & RedX
RedX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #843 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: Bryan, TX
Posts: 11,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Not sure where tinfoil comes into play here. This is precisely what it looks like.

My tinfoil theory is that Paddock just happened to be the guy in the perfect suite, and someone else broke in and did all the shooting. But there's nothing to support this outside of Paddocks apparent complete lack of motive.
A detective wouldn't find this out of line. It's nothing more than a theory and theories solve murders.

I think it has merit. It totally throws off whatever motive the *actual* shooter had, if there was a different shooter than the dead one that is.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #844 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Member # 720922
Posts: 10
Theres something fishy going on with having that many guns in the hotel. Sure have 4-5 that all take the same mags and ammo. Some with a scope some with red dots. But to basically go to a gun store and by every type of weapon that the left wants to out law. And than legally modify said weapons to there max killing potential???? Than on top of it the guns are just randomly set everywhere. Some look staged, some look used. In all the videos I have seen I only hearthe large mags unloading. Never once heard any twenty round 308's go off. either a statement by him and his own persoanl agenda.... or tin foil.
LSNTOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #845 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 29,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSNTOY View Post
Theres something fishy going on with having that many guns in the hotel. Sure have 4-5 that all take the same mags and ammo. Some with a scope some with red dots. But to basically go to a gun store and by every type of weapon that the left wants to out law. And than legally modify said weapons to there max killing potential???? Than on top of it the guns are just randomly set everywhere. Some look staged, some look used. In all the videos I have seen I only hearthe large mags unloading. Never once heard any twenty round 308's go off. either a statement by him and his own persoanl agenda.... or tin foil.
jebus christo guy didn't 'max killing potential' his shit, maybe bro'd out to the nose out i guess.

i dunno, your whole post is about the least coherent in the last couple pages, but dang did that part in red just jump out to me.
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #846 (permalink)
Registered User
 
CSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member # 31658
Location: Deer Park, WA
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
Not sure where tinfoil comes into play here. This is precisely what it looks like.

My tinfoil theory is that Paddock just happened to be the guy in the perfect suite, and someone else broke in and did all the shooting. But there's nothing to support this outside of Paddocks apparent complete lack of motive.
If itís true that he did in fact record himself doing the deed it will answer some questions once the video gets out.
CSmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #847 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 29,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
A detective wouldn't find this out of line. It's nothing more than a theory and theories solve murders.

I think it has merit. It totally throws off whatever motive the *actual* shooter had, if there was a different shooter than the dead one that is.
until everything comes back as registered to him.


edit: and the whole thing about him shooting through the hotel door as SWAT was being led up and was in the hall and then killing himself before they breached. did anybody notice any bodies jumping out of the 32nd floor window right around that time? where would the "other shooter" have gone?
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums

Last edited by Provience; 10-03-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #848 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 192237
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 11,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy30 View Post
Talking about it one thing,a video that could potentially show their dead acquaintance is another.
Easy enough to just not click on the link.
I haven't clicked any of them ITT, I know I don't need to see more dead people.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #849 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 118363
Posts: 389
If you've got your tinfoil on and haven't read Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matt Bracken, check out the prologue.
Beginning page 1
xj42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #850 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Member # 720922
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
jebus christo guy didn't 'max killing potential' his shit, maybe bro'd out to the nose out i guess.

i dunno, your whole post is about the least coherent in the last couple pages, but dang did that part in red just jump out to me.
Yeah rambling is my strong suit, not so much English and grammar. I'll try harder at proof reading.

But seriously, it's a leftist wet dream. It's to good to be true. Nothing is that good.

And max killing potential maybe strong words but that's how it's going to be used. Look at the person and not the object is going to be a hard argument. You know, feelings and all.


I'm sorry for the people that have lost someone. I seriously cried waking up early Am going to work Monday. Couldn't fathom dealing with that...

Last edited by LSNTOY; 10-03-2017 at 09:33 PM.
LSNTOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.