Mass shooting at Route 91 festival Las Vegas. - Page 90 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #2226 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
An AR disassembled is about 20"s long with just two pins removed in about 10 seconds. So it seams reasonable to me they were in the suitcases.


Depending on barrel length and muzzle devices it can easily be north of 36”. But I have absolutely zero clue or desire to dig into it to try and find the specs of the rifles.

Either way I have no doubt that if you wanted to you could have gotten all those rifles into the room in suitcases. Even if he took all the barrels off and put them back on. It was obvious he wasnt going for accuracy.
If he did it at all before he was killed before the cops finally got there. Way to many stories to not think there was someone(s) behind the scenes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #2227 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Depending on barrel length and muzzle devices it can easily be north of 36”. But I have absolutely zero clue or desire to dig into it to try and find the specs of the rifles.

Either way I have no doubt that if you wanted to you could have gotten all those rifles into the room in suitcases. Even if he took all the barrels off and put them back on. It was obvious he wasnt going for accuracy.
If he did it at all before he was killed before the cops finally got there. Way to many stories to not think there was someone(s) behind the scenes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I published the list of firearms right after it happened. All AR pattern, so yeah they could be broken down and fit in suitcases. A shitload of mags, some tools for breaking windows and nailing doors shut, a goofy gas mask type setup. All stuff anyone here could have planned and procured. He was a rated player so he could request the room he wanted, again nothing out of the ordinary.

He had dope cards, but even if he missed his target the density of the crowd got him a hit.

He did himself with a pistol.

None of that would require anyone behind the scenes. Burden of proof is on you, what proof do you have as to your claim?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Dog
Me and my co driver were running across the Lakebed on our way to pre run when we saw :gary: walking his dog.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #2228 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
I published the list of firearms right after it happened. All AR pattern, so yeah they could be broken down and fit in suitcases. A shitload of mags, some tools for breaking windows and nailing doors shut, a goofy gas mask type setup. All stuff anyone here could have planned and procured. He was a rated player so he could request the room he wanted, again nothing out of the ordinary.



He had dope cards, but even if he missed his target the density of the crowd got him a hit.



He did himself with a pistol.



None of that would require anyone behind the scenes. Burden of proof is on you, what proof do you have as to your claim?


None. But too much doesn’t add up. People missing then show up on TV then missing again. I think I am in 10x the shape he was in and I would be exhausted if I tried to do what he did.
Even if all the mags were loaded and he had zero failures. To fire that many rounds in that short of time frame would be a feat for someone like myself with zero formal training. 1100 rounds in 10 minutes. Also why would he go to the trouble of getting dope cards and then begin with the least accurate way to send rounds down range? To much stuff doesn’t add up to me. I know he had the connections to get the room he wanted and previously had the money to buy all that stuff. Thats a non issue with me. But as someone who is just at best an amateur interested in getting into distance shooting I see the amount of effort he supposedly put into being accurate and they he opens and closes with the spray and pray. Sorry I will keep my tinfoil on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2020, 05:07 PM   #2229 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
None. But too much doesn’t add up. People missing then show up on TV then missing again. I think I am in 10x the shape he was in and I would be exhausted if I tried to do what he did.
Even if all the mags were loaded and he had zero failures. To fire that many rounds in that short of time frame would be a feat for someone like myself with zero formal training. 1100 rounds in 10 minutes. Also why would he go to the trouble of getting dope cards and then begin with the least accurate way to send rounds down range? To much stuff doesn’t add up to me. I know he had the connections to get the room he wanted and previously had the money to buy all that stuff. Thats a non issue with me. But as someone who is just at best an amateur interested in getting into distance shooting I see the amount of effort he supposedly put into being accurate and they he opens and closes with the spray and pray. Sorry I will keep my tinfoil on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I take non-shooters to my range and get them 1000yd hits on a 18" x24" targets. I've done it several times. Sniper 101 is up well over 100 episodes, dope, reloading, ballistics, optics, wind calls, moving targets, he covers it all, and that's just one guy. There are lots and lots of resources if you want to get long range hits, and his were under 500, not a big deal shooting into a target that is 10, 000 sq yards (or bigger) in size.

Really? You don't think you could fire 100 rounds a minute with a bumpfire stock? I could. This also includes 200 rounds he fired into the hallway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Dog
Me and my co driver were running across the Lakebed on our way to pre run when we saw :gary: walking his dog.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2020, 06:11 PM   #2230 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Member # 774777
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
I take non-shooters to my range and get them 1000yd hits on a 18" x24" targets. I've done it several times. Sniper 101 is up well over 100 episodes, dope, reloading, ballistics, optics, wind calls, moving targets, he covers it all, and that's just one guy. There are lots and lots of resources if you want to get long range hits, and his were under 500, not a big deal shooting into a target that is 10, 000 sq yards (or bigger) in size.

Really? You don't think you could fire 100 rounds a minute with a bumpfire stock? I could. This also includes 200 rounds he fired into the hallway.
I can dump a 100 rounds a minute with regular stock and just my finger. 1100 rounds in 10 minutes shouldnt be too hard.
Stuckntx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2020, 06:19 PM   #2231 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member # 86724
Posts: 29,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
I can dump a 100 rounds a minute with regular stock and just my finger. 1100 rounds in 10 minutes shouldnt be too hard.
this.

I've set handguards on fire in semi auto aks.
__________________
Electricity is really just organized lightning.
87manche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.