One flew over the CooCoo's nest... - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 34022
Send a message via AIM to Terrys_85_Toy Send a message via MSN to Terrys_85_Toy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
pics?

I don't get close enough to take a picture.

[QUOTE=rustywagoneersdotcom;11056223]Political Correctness is a doctrine that holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=fullygruntled]PBB is mostly dumb.[/QUOTE]
Terrys_85_Toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 06:22 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 199544
....bump....

How's life so far ? Can you concentrate on working & drink coffee in peace at work ?

Good day to you
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 06:44 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 54455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi View Post
That's it. Microstation > Autocadd > Postal. I thought for a second you might be Caltrans. Fortunately things aren't that fucked up.
There is truth to this.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:46 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 90667
Quote:
Originally Posted by det107 View Post
....bump....

How's life so far ? Can you concentrate on working & drink coffee in peace at work ?

Good day to you
Nope. Still on lockdown. Dude's waiting til we go home then he wears out our voicemails. Crazy demands. A lot of cussing. Hoping time will just "make him go away".

He left some chicken scratch letters with mumbo jumbo in the door last week and his biggest demand is to get those back. He will get those by FedEx today. His personal belongings is in transit should get tomorrow.

After that his demands are pretty silly and we've decided not to give in for the demands may become more and worse.

Like he demands for me to change my voicemail cause of how I say my name. And I'm a coward to not call him back. My point is he is the coward for not calling during the day to speak and don't need to be even calling me after hours to leave a message in the first place.
Gittinwidit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 06:12 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 199544
Really sore spot for employees to be in. Has the guys in white coats (mental health workers) shown up with a restraint jacket yet? Not trying to be funny but the friend's presence needs more than being scolded & frowned at.

Be safe Buddy-
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 07:24 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 90667
We realized this too late. Although dude had a lot of personal issues for over a year or so with his wife, family and stepson, there was absolutely no signs of a personal mental breakdown until it happened besides his hair went gray like within weeks. Hell he was a very joking person and carried on like nothing up until the day he snapped. But all of the bosses have said over and over that they would have GLADLY provided him with help if they had known. Heck they demanded for him to take a month off (with company paid full coverage insurance) and told him to seek help before coming back. Not too many companies would have even gone that far. We have descent insurance where he could have been omitted to the best facilities in town. He took his month off and they gave him an additional week to get his mental capability note. He was a no-show and unfortunately never seeked help for he's ripped our voicemails ever since.

We're still on lockdown. Probably will be for a few more weeks? But he finally received his 2 sheets front and back of scribble pages in the mail that he was demanding back that he had previously shoved in the crack of the door. They reminded me of what I would have done when my first true love broke up with me in middle school? But with a lot of cuss words. And he printed the sentences that he meant to sound angry larger than the rest of the scribble. But most of it didn't make a bit of sense to us?

Kinda weird to see clients come in and meetings being held like usual, just that they have to be let in the front door. I'd say 1/4 of our work comes from walk-ins. And a locked door to me sounds like a negative advertisement.

He finally stopped his calls last night. We're taking it one step at a time. We feel a couple weeks to go by he should be toned down?

But I tell you guys, the voicemail he sent me night before last was ESPECIALLY brutal. He's madder than a wet hen at everybody and everything. And his demand list and items he was mad at was growing daily. But for the papers to be returned were his number one demand.

Only thing we could do from this point is to contact his dad. I know his dad well. And he's the most level headed guy you ever met. But it's way too soon for the fact we have to think of ourselves. The bosses have to put their current employees safety first. And what would happen if he caught word of us calling his dad right now??? He's already turned my hospital visit into spying for the company. And he's turned me into a traitor / worthless coward for not being his "messenger". Last thing I need in my life right now is to add to his list.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:56 AM   #57 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Did you make photocopies of his chicken scratch letters?

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 41063
So why hasn't he been arrested for making threats? Why would you send back the papers he scribbled on instead of handing it over to the police? I guess with all these people going postal and shooting up their workplace, I just don't understand why someone has basically terrorized your workplace and is still running around with only a restraining order, that he has obviously violated, to keep him from going full retard.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 356210
Had a guy do very similar stuff at a great place I worked about 10 years ago... started talking to himself at first, then he'd start getting angry at his spindle lathes, started getting violent; all the while, his driving out of work got more and more aggressive, too. It all came to a head when he shit all over himself at work and just acted like nothing happened.

Some of the more ignorant assholes in the shop would egg him on and make things worse, then they wanted to fight him when he started getting violent. Turns out, Steve had a brain tumor. Start to finish of all this stuff was about 3-4 weeks from the time it started til he was dead.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 90667
Going to try to do a multi-quote on all your questions. Do keep in mind I can't write 2 months worth of story. And unless you were local with a helpful background and willing to help, I don't really feel the need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
So why hasn't he been arrested for making threats?
His threats have not been totally across the line yet. He cusses a lot. GD's / FU / such. Repeating that the boss is an absolute Pussy, I'm a coward for not being a messenger / traitor for coming to visit in hospital and gay because of my voicemail / girl that took office is royal bitch / so on and so on for half the people here. And very vulgar with a list of off the wall demands. The only thing we thought we had was that he threatened suicide in which the police were "only able to put him on neighborhood watch for it takes 2 signatures with 1 being family. We are not family.

Quote:
Why would you send back the papers he scribbled on instead of handing it over to the police?
I assure you that the police are fully aware and have copies. The full procedure has been followed through with a company with an attorney that specializes in this type of stuff. Just as I have previously mentioned.

Quote:
I guess with all these people going postal and shooting up their workplace, I just don't understand why someone has basically terrorized your workplace and is still running around with only a restraining order, that he has obviously violated, to keep him from going full retard.
You have to commit a crime before you can be arrested. He's already served mandatory 2 days in hospital by police on orders from his wife who immediately left him and fled back to TN. He's by himself with his 2 dogs at his apartment now.

And this company is more lenient than most. Hell, he only worked here for 10 years. That's plenty of time to become "family to the company". Small companies tend to be close knit and more willing to help than hurt. The restraining orders were mainly put in place for legal reasons in case something happened.

And then there's the situation of "turning him in"... For what? He'd be out in 2 days? THEN what kind of fuel did we just pour on his fire???

Last edited by Gittinwidit; 10-25-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Ok, I see. I guess I took your comment that his last voicemail was "ESPECIALLY brutal" that he was making threats about skinning people or something. So with all this weirdness he hasn't threatened bodily harm or property damage yet? He must be going for some sort of psyche disability.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 90667
Quote:
Ok, I see. I guess I took your comment that his last voicemail was "ESPECIALLY brutal" that he was making threats about skinning people or something. So with all this weirdness he hasn't threatened bodily harm or property damage yet? He must be going for some sort of psyche disability.
My thoughts exactly! The company we used for legalities was requested by our insurance company. They are working together on this.

Brutal by name calling. But in a very weird way. He will not listen to any of the bosses trying to reach out. He just goes on his rampage. And his emails and voicemails are scathingly weird. Very mumbo jumbo and not making sense.

Only threats were to himself so far. But there were a couple voicemails threatening suicide in our parking lot. That's considered bodily harm to me for I would never be right if I witnessed that.

Yes, the more I think about this, the more I think that this could very well be all a ploy. The question is, to what extent would you go to not have to work anymore but receive a paycheck? And risk a great job and the reference to use elsewhere? That seems to me as a do or die.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 90667
Quote:
He must be going for some sort of psyche disability.

I'll be damned!!! It has all clicked now. I think you nailed it Elwenil! Everything makes total sense now. I think he knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Pretty sure he never turned to anger until he was told he had to take a mental test to return. That was Friday before last before the emails and voicemails started rolling in.

I spoke with the bosses. They haven't given this thought either. It's crossed my mind but I never put 2 and 2 together until now.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gittinwidit View Post
the more I think about this, the more I think that this could very well be all a ploy.
Really??

Seems much more likely that you've just never been directly exposed to severe (schizophrenia etc.) mental illness before.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 90667
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Really??

Seems much more likely that you've just never been directly exposed to severe (schizophrenia etc.) mental illness before.
Well if I was a fuckin mental health wizard I sure as hell wouldn't be bringing it up on this site now would I???
Old 10-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 436537
Quote:
there was absolutely no signs of a personal mental breakdown until it happened besides his hair went gray like within weeks.
so he had normal haircolor, then it suddenly went gray, then he went nuts? That seems odd. Is that a normal thing to be associated with mental illness? Maybe both symptoms have a common cause?
shredator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 90667
I had some mental issues when mine decided to just let go and fall out? Think I pulled a 3 week drunk and then I was all good with it.

That may be the only thing that don't fully add up It had a few grays here and there before it changed.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:40 AM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 693689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Had a salesman go off the deep end at the dealership I worked at. Came in one day and went the fuck off on both sales managers and our VP and went home and failed at hanging himself. Came in the next day, packed his shit, and moved to NY for like a year before coming back. They actually let him have his job back.

Turned out his wife had been fucking some dude for years and their kids were actually the other dudes. Hes a Jesus freak now.
If I owned the dealership, and he had been a good employee, I would give him a pass on that horrible shit and would have hired him back too. That is some awful shit for a man to go through.
DannyK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2017, 05:33 AM   #69 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 38193
Quote:
I'll be damned!!! It has all clicked now. I think you nailed it Elwenil! Everything makes total sense now. I think he knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Pretty sure he never turned to anger until he was told he had to take a mental test to return. That was Friday before last before the emails and voicemails started rolling in.

I spoke with the bosses. They haven't given this thought either. It's crossed my mind but I never put 2 and 2 together until now.

Thanks!
except for this:

Quote:
there was absolutely no signs of a personal mental breakdown until it happened besides his hair went gray like within weeks.
Hair growing grey in a matter of weeks ain't normal, unless he just ran out of Grecian Formula.
That's why they call it the Present

—Eleanor Rososevelt
Screwzer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2017, 06:05 AM   #70 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
1/5 people with college degrees in America believe in conspiracy theories. Mix in some drugs and here we go!

Or sick.

Poor guy, really. :/

Last edited by ev13wt; 10-26-2017 at 06:14 AM.
ev13wt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 56430
Just found my own CooCoo's nest today. Turns out the school district my son goes to has a nuckin' futz guy who's been sending letters and emails to the district. Dude lives right next to our bus stop. District has guards now when I drop off, and pick up, my kid.

Think I'm going to be extra cautious from now on.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 90667
My situation took a turn. After being quiet for a week, we came in to multiple voicemails again. But this time all I got was mainly war stories. It never really dawned on me what was going on until his latest messages. As mentioned, I felt it was all for Disability?
He told me on the messages that he's still very mad at me for not answering back. And His only demand this time according to one of the bosses was for "the secretary to contact him for she is the only person that can get his dogs back from the police". surely he meant the pound? But I know the secretary didn't want anything to do with him for being scared. And most likely the dogs is all he had and regardless, I felt he needed immediate help.

We know his phone he was using came up on our office phones as registered in his wife's name over the past couple months but the last messages the same number was in his name. So most likely his wife left him. That said, I know he has nowhere to turn and nobody to turn to locally.

So I screwed the ole head on as tight as I could and it told me to contact the National Center for PTSD. A local representative called back and she has made him high priority for a rep (with experience) to make sure he is safe and to try to talk him into getting help. Unfortunately it is all confidential and she will not be able to inform me about anything. But I have absolutely no experience and would screw it up for sure if I tried to convene.

I also got with the secretary and she had a contact number for his dad that was like 8-9 years old that I will try to call later and try to explain. Along with his dad's help, I helped move him here. The dude even lived with me for a couple years working off his rent helping me build a garage. The bosses for the company I work for told me that they have had their hands tied not able to do much for legal reasons except to send him mental help pamphlets.

I had no idea until the latest voicemails that this is definitely PTSD related. I just hope I wasn't too late.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #73 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
So I screwed the ole head on as tight as I could and it told me to contact the National Center for PTSD. A local representative called back and she has made him high priority for a rep (with experience) to make sure he is safe and to try to talk him into getting help.
Good on ya.

And I definitely agree that you personally should have no contact with him at this point. I just don't see how it could do any good.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in