Travis AFB/Nor Cal Area - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 09:36 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
Originally Posted by despain85 View Post
I didn't think about the displaced people from the fires. We have bad timing when it comes to moving, when we moved out here the High Park fire was happening and the same thing was said, now it's the same in Nor Cal. Is there new construction in Vacaville/Dixon area? I don't have an issue buying new, if I absolutely have too. From what I read on here it is safe to say that I will be living north/northeast of the base to stay away from Fairfield and Vallejo.
There's a lot of inventory over there, and even with the fires, you should be able to find something.

Over here in Sonoma county, housing was already scarce, now with the fires, finding a place is absurd.

Keep an eye out for scams too, lots of guys getting cute with the rents and deposits.

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 107014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigBoozer View Post
There's a lot of inventory over there, and even with the fires, you should be able to find something.

Over here in Sonoma county, housing was already scarce, now with the fires, finding a place is absurd.

Keep an eye out for scams too, lots of guys getting cute with the rents and deposits.
I hope not to rent, nobody likes pets and the prices are overly absurd compared to a mortgage.
despain85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2017, 10:37 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
the prices are overly absurd compared to a mortgage.
Yup.

I would think if you're looking to buy, you'll be fine. It's the rental market that's crazy right now.

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler
Old 10-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 25970
Check the gold hills area of Cordelia. That's where I'm at. Low crime, middle class subdivision with a lot of new housing going up.

Last edited by axjwhlr; 10-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.
axjwhlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 1234
I took this picture on hwy 80 going through Vacaville in July. I had been going 20mph since I had gotten on hwy 80 coming from Napa...

That's all I got... hwy 80 sucks balls
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
Originally Posted by axjwhlr View Post
Check the gold hills area of Cordelia.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #57 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 25970
Quote:

Yeah, there's that. There's like 1 day every two months where the winds drop below 10mph. All the trees lining the streets lean to the east
Old 10-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 107014
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, there's that. There's like 1 day every two months where the winds drop below 10mph. All the trees lining the streets lean to the east
You guys do realize that I live in Northern Colorado and work in Wyoming? Anything less than 20-30 is a nice day in Cheyenne!
Old 10-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
When I lived in Napa, we used to ride dirtbikes all over that area off Red Top Rd between 80 and 680.

Quote:
You guys do realize that I live in Northern Colorado and work in Wyoming? Anything less than 20-30 is a nice day in Cheyenne!
Then you'll do just fine.

FWIW, the only place I'd consider living that direction is Vacaville. Still reasonably clean, good amenities and location. Hot and windy though. All the other places - Winters, Dixon and Cordelia mostly suck.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:06 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 107014
Bumping this to the top. Orders got bumped, we will be there in March. Wife and BIL will be there in a month to look at houses. If we were to look in Fairfield due to prices, where would it be? Would someone draw some lines on google maps for us, or should we just avoid it all together?
Old 12-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 121866
Quote:
Bumping this to the top. Orders got bumped, we will be there in March. Wife and BIL will be there in a month to look at houses. If we were to look in Fairfield due to prices, where would it be? Would someone draw some lines on google maps for us, or should we just avoid it all together?
The areas close to a couple of the golf courses seem nice enough. Rancho golf course and paradise valley golf courses?? I keep hearing anywhere near the mall is a total shithole, but what do I know? Im not familiar with the area all that much. I am currently staying in Fairfield, but I have not gone out anywhere except to work for the few months Ive been here so I am not much help.
904_runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2017, 03:07 AM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 684554
For grins n giggles I just checked zillow for Fairfield (300k and under, 3 bedroom 1.5+ bath). It showed 5 homes total and all were between Air Base Parkway and East Tabor.....HELL NO.

Bumping it up to 400k shows a lot more homes for sale but they are all in Fairfield.....HELL NO.

If I had to live in Fairfield I would look West of I-80.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 107014
Quote:
Originally Posted by L!ghtfoot View Post
For grins n giggles I just checked zillow for Fairfield (300k and under, 3 bedroom 1.5+ bath). It showed 5 homes total and all were between Air Base Parkway and East Tabor.....HELL NO.

Bumping it up to 400k shows a lot more homes for sale but they are all in Fairfield.....HELL NO.

I'll give it a look and I'll call some realtors today too to get a better idea. Looks like some new construction areas around there too.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:50 AM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 166307
A quick fwiw
I know you are aware of the firestorm we had out here.
Housing is INSANE with all the displaced folks, there will be some burnt builders available.

Word is The fat cats are buying excavators for contractors ,to hasten the epa's cleanup agenda.

Best of luck, this may get ugly for a while.
Hope you get lucky.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #65 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 25970
Quote:

Pretty much this. Gold hills area of Cordelia, Green Valley, Rancho Solano and Rolling Hills Park

Name:  FAIRFIELD.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  43.0 KB
Old 12-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 777769
If you wheel, I am close, and I can interduce to you some others with nice rigs. Feel free to pm me
Rubirunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:

Quote:
Pretty much this. Gold hills area of Cordelia, Green Valley, Rancho Solano and Rolling Hills Park
X3

There are a few nicer neighborhoods in Fairfield proper, but they are usually surrounded by shitholes. Green Valley area would be my choice, but you'll pay more.

Go west young man.

Last edited by LigBoozer; 12-21-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 107014
Quote:
X3

There are a few nicer neighborhoods in Fairfield proper, but they are usually surrounded by shitholes. Green Valley area would be my choice, but you'll pay more.

Go west young man.
I guess we will see what happens! Going west is quite expensive, I think Vacaville will be the ticket.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 107014
Quote:

Attachment 2767417
That's what I needed, I'll check it out, thanks!
Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 39791
Vacaville made #17 on the 25 most Festive Holiday Towns based on Candy Cane and Lollipop Lanes. They didn't even consider the huge annual downtown Christmas Tree Lighting, or the week long Festival of Trees which is a huge fundraiser for a local charity. It's a great place to visit over the holidays, or a great place to live in general.

https://www.carrentals.com/blog/the-...holiday-towns/

__
Old 03-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 107014
Made it to Travis, hopefully close on a house in Dixon in 3 weeks. Seems to be an ok area, still working on finding everything and where we need to buy all of our goods.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 166307
Congrats
Look for Buds restaurant over by the church.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 107014
So we close on the 28th in Dixon which is nice, need some minor work done on the roof which was paid for buy the seller and HVAC service done. Anybody know any reputable companies in the area that aren't a complete ripoff?
Old 03-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
So we close on the 28th in Dixon which is nice, need some minor work done on the roof which was paid for buy the seller and HVAC service done. Anybody know any reputable companies in the area that aren't a complete ripoff?
For HVAC?

rockbuggy84 on here knows his stuff.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:03 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 199544
Could Op enlighten us about the car explosion recently-
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in