Best black Friday off road parts deals - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4gvn1 View Post

Those look like they are worth a try. Wonder if Iím going to blind people with a stock housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Damn, and here I thought I'd done good.

Yea I just got all excited. Thanks for the effort.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Yea I just got all excited. Thanks for the effort.

Be aware on H4 bulbs that you need one with the little reflectors that mimic what the stock halogen low beam filaments have on them. If they just have exposed LEDs, they will reflect light on the entire housing, casting light upwards. Stock, they don't cast low beam on the bottom 1/3.

I just bought some glass Hella 6054 housings and some cheapo $30 LED drop ins off egay a few weeks back and love them. After research that was what I determined to be the most important feature to have so I wouldn't glare everyone. Some even are clockable, which may be good on modern plastic lense housings.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Be aware on H4 bulbs that you need one with the little reflectors that mimic what the stock halogen low beam filaments have on them. If they just have exposed LEDs, they will reflect light on the entire housing, casting light upwards. Stock, they don't cast low beam on the bottom 1/3.

I just bought some glass Hella 6054 housings and some cheapo $30 LED drop ins off egay a few weeks back and love them. After research that was what I determined to be the most important feature to have so I wouldn't glare everyone. Some even are clockable, which may be good on modern plastic lense housings.

Something similar to these?

https://www.xenondepot.com/led-headl...ulbs-s/240.htm

Old 11-26-2017, 09:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwv View Post
The best deal I found on them was 4Wheel parts. 5% off. Free shipping and no sales tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjmark View Post
Poly Performance has 12% off and free shipping through Monday.
Thanks! I ended up blowing my wad on some chromo 35sp inners/ outers for the same price as the seats..... looks like Ill rock the ghetto seats for at least a few more months.

1990GT50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 5176
As a Canadian, I look forward every year to the circus videos that 'Black Friday' brings to you tube, and the local news stations.

I am not disappointed.

I was expecting shoppers to have learned from the past, and hopefully, to have shopped in teams, ready to pounce and back flip into crowds, perhaps, use some diversionary tactics, to physically obtain the best impulse..., er., deal available. I guess, there's hope for next year.

However, I do believe that the internet deals seem to have tamed the 2017 spirit of 'Black Friday'.

Note to Retailers:
It seems clear, that the strategy of having staff members in street clothes, grabbing a product as soon as the pallet is unwrapped and then running with said products (screaming for awareness is optional) is working to encourage a buying frenzy. Keep up the good work.

STOLEN!!! -->'80 CJ-7 w/ 258 I-6,T-176,D300, '94 YJ tub, '83 toy axles front & rear, Smirffield front axles, w/3.90's, 'YJ rears up front, and a bunch of home-grown patches, all sitting on BFG 35" MTs.

Post #411
Blame Canada is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85264
Send a message via AIM to LeadfootCJ7
I was hoping someone would have a sale on EFILive, but no such luck.
LeadfootCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Something similar to these?

https://www.xenondepot.com/led-headl...ulbs-s/240.htm

They have several H4s on that site, but as long as they have the little shields you see here on the forward LEDs, you're good to go.

Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Extended Member

Member # 69765
Quote:
Those look like they are worth a try. Wonder if Iím going to blind people with a stock housing.

Yes. There is not a one and done with ledís. Look on the hidplanet or candlepower forums for more info to what bulb works in specific cars housings. Same problems with idiots and the plug and play hidís blinding everyone.

Kyle_T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2017, 06:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
For the h4 led's, I just picked these up. CHEAP in price but made better than the 3 other LED types I have tried in the last year. They have the shields, have a far better snap-mount ring than the cheezy stamped steel ones so they fit tight, and they are easily spun in case you have a unique reflector housing and you need to tune the beam a bit. At $59 for a pair, it's a good deal.

CREE LED's, 36 watt per bulb compared to most that are 25'ish, built in fan, and they claim they run under water. Be careful when buying bulbs in pairs as they often list the COMBINED wattage and luminance, versus what the output of EACH bulb is.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I liked them so much I bought a second set and put one in Becca's Yamaha WR250r and one in my Beta 390rrs. They are doing great, even with the dust and vibration. The nice thing is that they actually are not too long to fit in the BETA headlight, which has about an inch less room than most other motorcycles.

Last edited by RedBullJeep; 11-29-2017 at 11:30 AM.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2017, 08:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 80867
Quote:
Looking for H4 led bulbs on sale.

I just bought these for my motorcycle. Haven't had the chance to install them yet but I used the same brand on my wife's 4Runner and they are awesome. Instant on, good color and not too blue, and over twice the output of most halogens.
amgraham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 343466
Quote:
Damn, and here I thought I'd done good.
The bad thing is, he was our go-to for a while for ropes and lights. Oh well, his loss.
wvjeepguy81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in