Texas fire dept folks need some help - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
Texas fire dept folks need some help

When texas got hit with the storms we were doing a fundraiser and as part of the fundraiser we put that some of the proceeds would go to relief efforts down there. We are a small volunteer dept and we know that money is always welcome. We thought we found a small volunteer company that had gotten hit hard. Their pics showed the building completely wiped away. When we got in touch with them they said it was only a storage building and they were ok and suggested that we just give it to the fire union in ( I don't remember which big city) We really would like to give it to a dept that can use it. I'm posting this on pirate because pirate is everywhere and would know a good dept that could use a little money. If you know a dept that could use the donation please post up or PM me some info that I can pass to the chief. I think the general consensus is that if we can't find a FD to donate to we will just send it to the JJwatt foundation.

thanks PBB

World Proof your children, Don't child proof the world

Last edited by nahmus; 12-07-2017 at 04:07 PM.
nahmus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Try Rooney, he handled a bunch of donations we sent that way
PROJECTJUNKIE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 7624
Send a message via AIM to offroadman83
Houston ' fire department lost a ton of rigs and used a lot of man hours. Their mayor Hates the FD so they aren't well funded. I don't really know the small cities next to there, but Rockport and Aransas pass got hit incredibly hard. ..not sure what they have either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12557
Send a message via AIM to CaseyP Send a message via Yahoo to CaseyP
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadman83 View Post
Houston ' fire department lost a ton of rigs and used a lot of man hours. Their mayor Hates the FD so they aren't well funded. I don't really know the small cities next to there, but Rockport and Aransas pass got hit incredibly hard. ..not sure what they have either.

Understatement of the year! Lots of part time guys at my full time department work for HFD and that's a constant topic around the table.

Definitely look down towards the Rockport area. Lots of VFD's got hit pretty hard down in that area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
[/COLOR]
[QUOTE=ndeepoffroad;12310146]A well rounded wheeler will be prepared to prepare a delicious meal after a day of quality wheeling. Shit man errbudy know dat. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 7624
Send a message via AIM to offroadman83
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Understatement of the year! Lots of part time guys at my full time department work for HFD and that's a constant topic around the table.

Definitely look down towards the Rockport area. Lots of VFD's got hit pretty hard down in that area.
Yeah I've seen the craziness that POS mayor has done in Houston. I guess I didn't know how to explain it. ..plus I know those smaller departments need it more.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
If nobody here knows a vfd or friends with someone in one I'll do some googling on those two cities.

Thanks guys. I just want to make sure it goes to a good house

Old 12-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 12557
Send a message via AIM to CaseyP Send a message via Yahoo to CaseyP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
If nobody here knows a vfd or friends with someone in one I'll do some googling on those two cities.

Thanks guys. I just want to make sure it goes to a good house
let me send out some texts to some guys I know in the area

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
[/COLOR]
[QUOTE=ndeepoffroad;12310146]A well rounded wheeler will be prepared to prepare a delicious meal after a day of quality wheeling. Shit man errbudy know dat. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 74407
I agree with any of the depts down along the coast. We are mostly vfd's up here in the hill country (Bandera, Pipe Creek, Medina, etc) but we havent had issues like other depts have.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 71939
My parents live in Rockport, I can make then rounds when I head down for Christmas and do some checking in with some of the smaller departments if you're willing to hold the funds until then.
inthefield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
@Brimstone was hit hard. I know hes in Beaumont area, but not sure if his local is a VFD. Might send him a pm.

'84 CJ7- all stock farm rig, except a bunch of gun racks

'79 CJ5- not stock- way too much to list
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 147452
Rockport, Tx FD could use it.
JORDANJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDANJ View Post
do you have any contact info?

Old 12-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 159940
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadman83 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDANJ View Post
I used to be a volunteer firefighter down in that area. I can message a few friends and see who got hit the hardest. I know AFD had a building almost collapse/collapse during the storm. I have a good friend who is a volunteer/cop that would know.

I can also call my old fire department, Ingleside On the Bay. VERY small department and they might get the biggest help from this.

Port Aransas Fire deparment lost a lot too. They got the brunt of the storm.

Last edited by Talon2006; 12-08-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Talon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2017, 07:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 159940
Quote:
When texas got hit with the storms we were doing a fundraiser and as part of the fundraiser we put that some of the proceeds would go to relief efforts down there. We are a small volunteer dept and we know that money is always welcome. We thought we found a small volunteer company that had gotten hit hard. Their pics showed the building completely wiped away. When we got in touch with them they said it was only a storage building and they were ok and suggested that we just give it to the fire union in ( I don't remember which big city) We really would like to give it to a dept that can use it. I'm posting this on pirate because pirate is everywhere and would know a good dept that could use a little money. If you know a dept that could use the donation please post up or PM me some info that I can pass to the chief. I think the general consensus is that if we can't find a FD to donate to we will just send it to the JJwatt foundation.

thanks PBB
Buddy got back to me. Port Aransas FD took the worse hit. Rockport and Aransas Pass are a close second. My buddy can get some good contact information Monday.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon2006 View Post
Buddy got back to me. Port Aransas FD took the worse hit. Rockport and Aransas Pass are a close second. My buddy can get some good contact information Monday.
Awesome. I will let them know. PM me the info when you get it.

Thanks

Old 12-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
this them?
https://aransaspasstx.gov/199/Fire-Department

Old 01-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon2006 View Post
Update.
After some phone tag I have spoken with the Chief and he is sending me some information for our files so we have a record of where the donation went to but it looks like a done deal. Once I get the info I will pass it along to the executive line and let them handle the rest.

Thanks for all the help Talon2006!

Old 01-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 159940
Quote:
Update.
After some phone tag I have spoken with the Chief and he is sending me some information for our files so we have a record of where the donation went to but it looks like a done deal. Once I get the info I will pass it along to the executive line and let them handle the rest.

Thanks for all the help Talon2006!
Sorry it took me so long! Glad it worked out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in