Custom Splice - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2017, 04:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Fuck Veriscope!

Member # 44308
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDXSR5 View Post
My kids are screwed.
Thankfully I don't believe Wyoming is doing common core. My kids are in K and 1 and I haven't seen any of it.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 110516
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelin66bronco View Post
Thankfully I don't believe Wyoming is doing common core. My kids are in K and 1 and I haven't seen any of it.
Excellent. My oldest is 4, so she will be starting kidergarten soon and I want to be able to actually help her with school, haha.
KDXSR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 05:20 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 36822
Dude has issue with online order. Issue is addressed, however, thread takes non-atypical derailment into "common core" bullshit.

Yep, I'm in PBB GCC...

Old 12-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 123919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
I knew it was likely common core, but it almost hurts trying to understand why you would do that. It's like they tripled the "difficulty" of going up ten and counting the difference that is 2. What the hell.
A child canít think that far ahead in math. Start with easier splits. 20 is an even number right between those two. Takes 5 to get from 15 to 20 and another 7 to get from 20 to 27. Or as you stated, from 15 to 25 is 10, another 2 for 27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nuts View Post
Isn't that what everyone does in their head?
The ones that figured it on their own do. I do. I know others that donít.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 123919
Quote:
What. The. Fuck.

So glad I was not part of common core bullshit math. Never had a problem learning any level of calculus with actual math either. My kids are screwed.
Actually your kids are going to do really well in pre calculus and harder math in their older years if the program works as intended. Like, theyíll be factoring polynomials in their heads quicker because they understand how math works at a level that starts with split numbers.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 13671
My phone has a calculator on it. It's kinda cool. :kicks rock:
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 07:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Rope Dude

Member # 122622
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenToy View Post
Dude has issue with online order. Issue is addressed, however, thread takes non-atypical derailment into "common core" bullshit.

Yep, I'm in PBB GCC...

Troof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Synthetic Winch Rope
We Stock - Factor 55, Excel Hooks, Tube Thimbles
We manufacture,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
in house.

Office- 785 856 1844

Check out
Custom Splice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:

Yep, I'm in PBB GCC...

On some forums, one might feel bad for derailing a thread, but here in PBB GCC, I'll do it readily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peow130 View Post
A child canít think that far ahead in math. Start with easier splits.
I don't ever recall trying to target a number in the middle that was a factor of 5. I use base 10, for everything in my head. Hence the 10 up and just count the difference in a split second... although I'm not sure I would call it counting. Anything less than 5 difference is just there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peow130 View Post
Actually your kids are going to do really well in pre calculus and harder math in their older years if the program works as intended. Like, theyíll be factoring polynomials in their heads quicker because they understand how math works at a level that starts with split numbers.
I certainly hope it works as intended, but as anything .gov I'm skeptical and don't have much of that hope.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #34 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 192722
I don't think Todd minds keeps his name on the first page
Landman87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 36822
Quote:

On some forums, one might feel bad for derailing a thread, but here in PBB GCC, I'll do it readily.

I don't ever recall trying to target a number in the middle that was a factor of 5. I use base 10, for everything in my head. Hence the 10 up and just count the difference in a split second... although I'm not sure I would call it counting. Anything less than 5 difference is just there.

I certainly hope it works as intended, but as anything .gov I'm skeptical and don't have much of that hope.
Not sure just how much more non-sequitur one can be between decent customer service and non-essential-make-it-more-difficult-than-it-needs-to-be elementary math.

[voice=John Houseman]Here, at Pirate, we not only stretch the boundaries of non-sequitur we blow it the fawk up...[/voice]

As for common core, I believe Newton, Leibnitz, Maxwell, Leyden, Gauss, Einstein, Teller, Oppenheimer, Bohr, Kepler, Galileo, Ptolemy, Archimedes, Pythagoras, etc. were all graduates...

Anybody pimping common core is usually a elementary school teacher or married to one.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 123919
Quote:

You're just doing in your head the advanced version of what they're teaching on paper realistically. The only difference is that you're able to easily see that by adding 10 to the original number it places you only two units away. Children can't easily visualize these values in their head, so it's easier to re-reference the problem to a new point.

It's much easier to see that the difference between 20 and 27 is 7. It's also easy to see the difference between 20 and 15 is 5. It's a bit more advanced to see the difference between the two numbers as a split that's skewed heavily towards one of the numbers.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 108006
Quote:

You only saw it that way because the numbers are close together. The "common core" way is to get to the nearest multiple of ten, then to the nearest hundred and so on and then once you can't increase by the next stage you work your way back down. Only need to know how to subtract from 10 to be able to do any large subtraction problem out there....
JunkCJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
thread takes non-atypical derailment into "common core" bullshit.
Oh, so you're for common core?

Fawkin libs.

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Splice View Post
To Follow up...a new one is on its way with a freebie thrown in...
PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...

Last edited by RedBullJeep; 12-14-2017 at 09:27 PM.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 12:25 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 726945
Am I the only one that has no idea what this common core shit is?
I see it as
(Can't draw an underline)
And then work out the columns vertically moving right to left
Old 12-15-2017, 12:49 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 684754
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...PLEASE be a glitter bomb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieNZ View Post
Am I the only one that has no idea what this common core shit is?
I see it as
(Can't draw an underline)
And then work out the columns vertically moving right to left
lol. i work from left to right.
RMKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 726945
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMKrawler View Post
lol. i work from left to right.
Too many different ways.....

I still think this way is the easiest especially when the numbers get really big.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:06 AM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 684754
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieNZ View Post
Too many different ways.....

I still think this way is the easiest especially when the numbers get really big.

absolutely. somewhere when i was young i had a lecture by some smart person that was able to do the maths in his head, from going left to right. almost as quick as a computer. I still try to do it that way, but could never get past the 3 digits

edit: i mean 2 digits

Last edited by RMKrawler; 12-15-2017 at 01:07 AM.
RMKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 09:19 AM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 64554
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nuts View Post
Isn't that what everyone does in their head?
No, I look at it as 27 is 3 less than 30. 30-15 is 15 less the 3 you added is 12. because I work in 5s as good as 10s.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Roo skin seat covers

Member # 342298
People in this thread need to be watching some this cos math are hard

These guys make it fun

Numberphile Youtube Channel

Do a binge on the weekend

Turn up to work wearing multifocal black framed glasses, nice slacks, nice shirt with pocket protectors Monday morning, and being all smart and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyTJ View Post
No, I look at it as 27 is 3 less than 30. 30-15 is 15 less the 3 you added is 12. because I work in 5s as good as 10s.
Using concatenation

27: 2 + 7 = 9
15: 1 + 5 = 6

9 + 6 = 15 subtract 3 (only common denominator of 27 and 15) = 12

It's not hard

Old 12-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 45502
Looks like the long way around the tree to me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
windtech007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 121053
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Splice View Post
To Follow up...a new one is on its way with a freebie thrown in...
Package showed up today and had a awesome soft shackle tossed in.
Attached Images

Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 38890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt View Post
Package showed up today and had a awesome soft shackle tossed in.

Great customer service!

Glad it worked out for you!

God Bless,
David B.
BOFF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 98895
Send a message via AIM to dezrik Send a message via MSN to dezrik Send a message via Yahoo to dezrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelin66bronco View Post
Quote:
Excellent. My oldest is 4, so she will be starting kidergarten soon and I want to be able to actually help her with school, haha.
They are , At least in Pinedale Schools, Very basic common core in K, I believe they teach them both methods and in 5th Grade they start learning Common Core full time, At least thats what I was told. Teachers love common core, they say that kids learn better with common core. First paper I saw with common core I was fucking lost , I was pretty good at math in school. Sad thing is Ill have to get a Middle schooler to help her when she needs it
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 777769
Iím going to be making an order, because he chimed in this thread right away. Iím replacing wire rope and fairlead. I need to look at what I even need.
Rubirunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in