Tugboat DUI - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85771
Location: Minnysooota
Posts: 18,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotasmob View Post
If he is showing up for a shift drunk he has probably smashed that tugboat hella drunk before
This aint the first time
__________________
Make Forums Great Again!
ky scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 12:41 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
The lesson he said that was learned here was "don't admit guilt"



Maybe I'm just an old man with old fashioned ideas but I think the first lesson to be learned is "don't be a fucking idiot and show up drunk to your 6 figure job"



I know, I'm just a little whacky



The 2nd lesson might be don't get caught when you do fuck up



Then I suppose the 3rd lesson is keep your mouth shut and don't admit guilt. That's not going to help when your boss hands you a breathylyzer like in this situation


I fully agree with you and I hope he gets the help he needs. My dad taught me a few thing that I took to heart. When dealing with government.

Deny everything, admit to nothing, demand proof.

Question your government leaders. Itís patriotic.

Everyone of those people in government office has fucked up at least as bad as you have. They are no better than the people they represent. Hold them to the same standards they hold you to.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #128 (permalink)
Ebs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 20043
Location: MI
Posts: 5,377
The great thing about drunk tug boatin' is they're made to run into things, and if you fawk up you can just blame it on the strong current or outdated navigational charts and that the dock needed to be rebuilt anyway.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #129 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar
 
crowbar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member # 346233
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post
The great thing about drunk tug boatin' is they're made to run into things, and if you fawk up you can just blame it on the strong current or outdated navigational charts and that the dock needed to be rebuilt anyway.
Good point, this boat was not made to run into things. Happened locally about 2 years ago. "throttle stuck" supposedly.


edit- the old lady in red makes me laugh everytime I see it. Everybody but her knew something bad was about to happen.
__________________
I love God, women and beer

Last edited by crowbar7; 12-16-2017 at 01:10 PM.
crowbar7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #130 (permalink)
CJF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member # 41971
Posts: 5,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar7 View Post
edit- the old lady in red makes me laugh everytime I see it. Everybody but her knew something bad was about to happen.
Fuck you.

She started moving as soon as everyone else did; she just couldn't go any faster.

Asshole.
CJF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #131 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
KacksterK5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5851
Location: Harford County, MD
Posts: 3,277
Send a message via AIM to KacksterK5
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
I think he does have a problem. But I don't think he was going to drive the boat that night if it was going to be ready early. He is going to do whatever he has to keep the lisence. I was just wondering if they will take it in that situation.
Doesn't matter, fitness for duty regulations state that he has to be of sound mind when scheduled to be on duty. If one of the other tugs had gotten into trouble or broken down he would have been the next to call and is expected to be ready.

Go to rehab, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I'd suggest a lawyer but as a guy who spends 100+ days per year on tugboat infested waters I'd want his ass tested every time he steps on a boat. Getting chopped up by a propeller would be a horrible way to die
__________________
"If you ain't first, you're last"


86 4Raisin A bunch of stuff under it


02 Chevy 2500 HD Tow Rig

Last edited by KacksterK5; 12-16-2017 at 01:26 PM.
KacksterK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member # 66137
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax View Post
That's why I prefer to instead of .
We have random testing at work. One of my co-workers got called for his random in October and tested positive. They've got him running around taking classes and whatever Anonymous meetings and all kinds of shit, so he can keep his job.

We work 12 hour rotating shifts, he finishes work and goes a county over for "treatment" a few times a week. The times he's on nights he misses time to go to "treatment."

Luckily no police involved, but it's a huge pain in the ass for him. We're told from day one that there is random testing, he knew the risk.
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #133 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar
 
crowbar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member # 346233
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Fuck you.

She started moving as soon as everyone else did; she just couldn't go any faster.

Asshole.
I hope your joking. She was way off to the right and her escape route was to move in front of the boat by going to the left? She was clueless.
__________________
I love God, women and beer
crowbar7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #134 (permalink)
CJF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member # 41971
Posts: 5,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar7 View Post
I hope your joking. She was way off to the right and her escape route was to move in front of the boat by going to the left? She was clueless.
Not as clueless as you, apparently.

As soon as you can see her, she's already to the left of where the boat eventually hits.

And again, the sad part to me is that she's moving as fast as she can for her age.
CJF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #135 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar
 
crowbar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member # 346233
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Not as clueless as you, apparently.

As soon as you can see her, she's already to the left of where the boat eventually hits.

And again, the sad part to me is that she's moving as fast as she can for her age.
She is not even in the screen at first and when you do see her she has moved directly in the path. My wife is disabled so I am not incinsiderat to those who move slowly but moving toward the danger instead away from is just plain stupid. I am going back to work now so you can flame away with no reponse from me but imo you are wrong.
__________________
I love God, women and beer
crowbar7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member # 74407
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 12,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
I fully agree with you and I hope he gets the help he needs. My dad taught me a few thing that I took to heart. When dealing with government.

Deny everything, admit to nothing, demand proof.

Question your government leaders. Itís patriotic.

Everyone of those people in government office has fucked up at least as bad as you have. They are no better than the people they represent. Hold them to the same standards they hold you to.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Joe was just too quick to respond to me so he could talk shit. My exact words were "A lesson", not "THE lesson".

He absolutely fucked up going to work drunk. Atleast to the point that some shit wad security guard narc'd him out.

Then he fucked up submitting to a test and admitting fault. He literally gave them the ammo they needed to fire him.
__________________
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/38826018-post1418.html
TireFryerSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Member # 798313
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_c View Post
We have random testing at work. One of my co-workers got called for his random in October and tested positive. They've got him running around taking classes and whatever Anonymous meetings and all kinds of shit, so he can keep his job.

We work 12 hour rotating shifts, he finishes work and goes a county over for "treatment" a few times a week. The times he's on nights he misses time to go to "treatment."

Luckily no police involved, but it's a huge pain in the ass for him. We're told from day one that there is random testing, he knew the risk.
Man that's BS. I think what you do off the clock shouldn't matter. Unless you're harming others. Then you'd be a d-bag. But weed......wtf cares...
Cyrax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Member # 181868
Location: North Florida
Posts: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by KacksterK5 View Post
Doesn't matter, fitness for duty regulations state that he has to be of sound mind when scheduled to be on duty. If one of the other tugs had gotten into trouble or broken down he would have been the next to call and is expected to be ready.

Go to rehab, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I'd suggest a lawyer but as a guy who spends 100+ days per year on tugboat infested waters I'd want his ass tested every time he steps on a boat. Getting chopped up by a propeller would be a horrible way to die
I got some more details. He did not sign the log saying he was taking control of the ship. Not sure if this log is a fed requirement or company. So not sure if it has any relevance.

Going to rehab is the least of his concerns. It's losing everything he signed his life away to buy. To be clear, this is my wife's son. I didn't raise him before 17, so didn't have much effect. Anyone that knows me, knows I don't go for debt.

As far as "shoulda, coulda, woulda" all his captain buddies said he should have quit and walk off the minute he knew he was suspect. But just water under the bridge now.
__________________
Project : Amphibious HEMTT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FrankenToy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36822
Location: Toyotaville, just west o' Denver
Posts: 6,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrandyholman View Post
Simple fix...donít drink. Carry on...
What's easier than getting a DUI? Precisely, NOT putting yourself in a position to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
So what happens when driving your car get labeled as an extreme risk vs a self driving car. What, like under 20 years away? Probably under 10 years in some states.

Simple donít drive???
That's quite the straw-man argument there, especially when the topic is DUI. No offense intended, but it comes across that you, perhaps, on occasion, will consume alcohol and drive. Is that true? Is this the basis for this particular reply of yours? No matter what you say, how you phrase it, whatever syntax you wish to use, it is ALWAYS easier to NOT drink alcohol, period. That is a fact, if for only, because it requires a person to simply do NOTHING. It, however, may not be easy for some to realize that, actually overwhelmingly difficult for others, and that's when you know that they have a problem.

If I think that I might encounter the possibility of a chance of operating a car (or tugboat, in this case) within a 24 hr period I won't even take a whiff of any alcohol, including beer. It really is that easy.

Now to brace myself for the inevitable PBB GCC dog-pile that will descend upon me...
__________________
Dr Floyd: Don't suppose you have any idea what the damn thing is, huh?
FrankenToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenToy View Post
What's easier than getting a DUI? Precisely, NOT putting yourself in a position to get one.







That's quite the straw-man argument there, especially when the topic is DUI. No offense intended, but it comes across that you, perhaps, on occasion, will consume alcohol and drive. Is that true? Is this the basis for this particular reply of yours? No matter what you say, how you phrase it, whatever syntax you wish to use, it is ALWAYS easier to NOT drink alcohol, period. That is a fact, if for only, because it requires a person to simply do NOTHING. It, however, may not be easy for some to realize that, actually overwhelmingly difficult for others, and that's when you know that they have a problem.



If I think that I might encounter the possibility of a chance of operating a car (or tugboat, in this case) within a 24 hr period I won't even take a whiff of any alcohol, including beer. It really is that easy.



Now to brace myself for the inevitable PBB GCC dog-pile that will descend upon me...


No I got lucky once and followed my own advice years ago and got told to drive home. Now I wonít get behind the wheel period if I have had a sip. Period! My job is 100% completely dependent on my being able to drive. No way I could possibly do it via bus or taxi. So I havenít had a drop and driven afterwards for over 9 years.

My argument was straw man but not far fetched. I used to live in a suburb of Seattle. On more than one occasion I heard politicians talk of how great it would be to have driverless cars. No more human error. Drinking and driving would be a thing of the past. Regulation in the name of ďsafetyĒ. Same thing has already happened to guns in most states. With I-594 in Washington my wife canít grab one of my firearms and go hunting with a friend. All firearms used must be registered to the owner if they were purchased after I-594 was passed. Now they want to try and force gun owners to get insurance. If you want to think cars arenít next you can.

There are several politicians on record saying we donít need to ban xxx we can just regulate it, to death.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #141 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Member # 181868
Location: North Florida
Posts: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenToy View Post
What's easier than getting a DUI? Precisely, NOT putting yourself in a position to get one.



That's quite the straw-man argument there, especially when the topic is DUI. No offense intended, but it comes across that you, perhaps, on occasion, will consume alcohol and drive. Is that true? Is this the basis for this particular reply of yours? No matter what you say, how you phrase it, whatever syntax you wish to use, it is ALWAYS easier to NOT drink alcohol, period. That is a fact, if for only, because it requires a person to simply do NOTHING. It, however, may not be easy for some to realize that, actually overwhelmingly difficult for others, and that's when you know that they have a problem.

If I think that I might encounter the possibility of a chance of operating a car (or tugboat, in this case) within a 24 hr period I won't even take a whiff of any alcohol, including beer. It really is that easy.

Now to brace myself for the inevitable PBB GCC dog-pile that will descend upon me...
Well, that might be true. It's always easier to do nothing. How about stay home? How about don't get a job? How about don't buy anything? Why don't we all just stay in our own little prisons? I prefer to live. When I want a drink after dinner, I'm going to have one. My personal belief is the laws are way over kill. I believe in person responsiblity. If I kill someone behind the wheel, I should pay for it. But I shouldn't pay for it because I have the potential kill someone.

On a Friday/Saturday night one in ten cars has a drunk driver. Yet, Sunday morning I don't read about thousands of accidents. There must be allot of people that can drive drunk safely. This all comes down to the concept "If it will save one life, it will be worth it". The fact is we could have saved thousands of lives if we had just serendered to Hittler. Its not worth giving up living to save one life. (Even if that life is mine or my loved one)

As this relates to my son, I have no problem with him getting fired. The company is paying him to be sober. But the CC taking his living away for doing nothing is stupid.

I guess I need to brace myself. LOL
__________________
Project : Amphibious HEMTT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #142 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member # 66137
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
This all comes down to the concept "If it will save one life, it will be worth it".
They also play the "think of the children!!!" card.
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered User
 
FrankenToy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36822
Location: Toyotaville, just west o' Denver
Posts: 6,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
Well, that might be true. It's always easier to do nothing. How about stay home? How about don't get a job? How about don't buy anything? Why don't we all just stay in our own little prisons? I prefer to live. When I want a drink after dinner, I'm going to have one. My personal belief is the laws are way over kill. I believe in person responsiblity. If I kill someone behind the wheel, I should pay for it. But I shouldn't pay for it because I have the potential kill someone.

On a Friday/Saturday night one in ten cars has a drunk driver. Yet, Sunday morning I don't read about thousands of accidents. There must be allot of people that can drive drunk safely. This all comes down to the concept "If it will save one life, it will be worth it". The fact is we could have saved thousands of lives if we had just serendered to Hittler. Its not worth giving up living to save one life. (Even if that life is mine or my loved one)

As this relates to my son, I have no problem with him getting fired. The company is paying him to be sober. But the CC taking his living away for doing nothing is stupid.

I guess I need to brace myself. LOL
You have just validated my point regarding alcohol consumption. I think you have a drinking problem and you are attempting to marginalize it (and I KNOW, for a fact, your son has a drinking problem). Drink or don't drink, it's ALL up to you. Some have the self-discipline to not, others don't.
__________________
Dr Floyd: Don't suppose you have any idea what the damn thing is, huh?
FrankenToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #144 (permalink)
Hophead
 
Joe_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Member # 4829
Location: Leander, Tx
Posts: 77,548
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenToy View Post
You have just validated my point regarding alcohol consumption. I think you have a drinking problem and you are attempting to marginalize it (and I KNOW, for a fact, your son has a drinking problem). Drink or don't drink, it's ALL up to you. Some have the self-discipline to not, others don't.
While I get your point I think you're being overly dramatic to the point. You don't drink a drop 24 hours before driving a car? Just a tad much. Claiming that the only people with self-control are those who don't drink? Just a tad much

My guess is either you or your family have a history of alcohol abuse and this is your reaction to it
__________________
Sure, there are 49 other states in the Union, but they are smaller, wussier, and the people talk funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Elwenil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member # 41063
Posts: 17,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
Well, that might be true. It's always easier to do nothing. How about stay home? How about don't get a job? How about don't buy anything? Why don't we all just stay in our own little prisons? I prefer to live. When I want a drink after dinner, I'm going to have one. My personal belief is the laws are way over kill. I believe in person responsiblity. If I kill someone behind the wheel, I should pay for it. But I shouldn't pay for it because I have the potential kill someone.

On a Friday/Saturday night one in ten cars has a drunk driver. Yet, Sunday morning I don't read about thousands of accidents. There must be allot of people that can drive drunk safely. This all comes down to the concept "If it will save one life, it will be worth it". The fact is we could have saved thousands of lives if we had just serendered to Hittler. Its not worth giving up living to save one life. (Even if that life is mine or my loved one)

As this relates to my son, I have no problem with him getting fired. The company is paying him to be sober. But the CC taking his living away for doing nothing is stupid.

I guess I need to brace myself. LOL
You are a fucking idiot. You talk about personal responsibility and yet the whole point of this thread is your son didn't take his responsibilities seriously and now you are making lame excuses. And so you think that if you kill someone for not being responsible that you should "pay for it"? Do you think you paying for it helps the family of the person you killed? If you "pay for it", is that going to help the kid without a parent, the parent without a child or a person without their significant other? How about your stupid ass really starts believing in "personal responsibility" and just stops doing stupid shit? The laws are "overkill" because morons like you simply don't get it and think you know better. If you drink, you better damn well take "personal responsibility" and make sure your stupidity doesn't fuck over anyone else. This seems to be something your dumbass son needs to learn as well. When you are responsible for other people, their safety and their jobs, you don't show up for work drunk. I hope they throw his ass under the bus.
__________________
1988 Dodge AW450 Ramcharger-318TBI-NP435-NP205-D60s
Odin Owns Ye All
Elwenil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #146 (permalink)
Dummer'n Moose Poop
 
Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 789
Location: 2 seasons: Summer and Summer's Coming
Posts: 5,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep
Hmm, I'm generally not big on any kind of self driving car but... hmmmm
This is actually one of the ways they're being advertised here in Phoenix, seeing as we have no less than four major companies testing self driving cars on city streets around here (I see at least 6 Uber self-driving cars and a few waymos every morning on the way to work).
They're also using "giving the blind more mobility and other minority group heart string subjects.
__________________
Thump
Make sure your loved ones know it every damned day!

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess- Man's Prayer (Red Green)
Thump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Member # 4650
Location: Rockies Eh
Posts: 19,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenToy View Post
You have just validated my point regarding alcohol consumption. I think you have a drinking problem and you are attempting to marginalize it (and I KNOW, for a fact, your son has a drinking problem). Drink or don't drink, it's ALL up to you. Some have the self-discipline to not, others don't.
haha.
that is some high horse shit right there. you lost me earlier with your defined dosage of control by limiting driving to 24 hours post a drink.
i have a breathalyzer that i use to determine my legal privledge to drive.
6 ft, 190 lbs and i can dink 1.5 drinks every single hour and after my last drink without waiting one hour, i have never blown above 0.07.
your 24 hour bullshit rambling is just that, bullshit.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Change must come through the barrel of a gun[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo arŪs[/COLOR]
NERVEman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #148 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Member # 181868
Location: North Florida
Posts: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
You are a fucking idiot. You talk about personal responsibility and yet the whole point of this thread is your son didn't take his responsibilities seriously and now you are making lame excuses. And so you think that if you kill someone for not being responsible that you should "pay for it"? Do you think you paying for it helps the family of the person you killed? If you "pay for it", is that going to help the kid without a parent, the parent without a child or a person without their significant other? How about your stupid ass really starts believing in "personal responsibility" and just stops doing stupid shit? The laws are "overkill" because morons like you simply don't get it and think you know better. If you drink, you better damn well take "personal responsibility" and make sure your stupidity doesn't fuck over anyone else. This seems to be something your dumbass son needs to learn as well. When you are responsible for other people, their safety and their jobs, you don't show up for work drunk. I hope they throw his ass under the bus.
You bring up several points I will address. I'm not making excuses for my son. I think he should have been fired. I don't agree with a law that punishes someone for potentially doing something wrong.

Let's look at this logically. You are either responsible for your actions when your drunk or your not. I happen to believe that you are responsible. So if I rape a girl when I'm drunk, I should go to jail for rape. If I kill someone in a car, I should go to jail for involuntary mansloughter. You probably agree with me at this point.

But here is where liberals part with logic. They want to make it illegal to drink and drive. Their reason is you are not in control when your drunk. Obviously, if your not in control, you can't be responsible. So if this is your belief, how can you charge someone with raping some girl if they arnt in control?

Now, in the case of my son, he did not rape or kill anyone because he was in control. He broke the rules set by his employer and paid for it with his job.

As far as your argument about my paying not helping someone that loses a loved one. Involuntary manslaughter is the charge. It's the same charge if you kill someone excidently. (Which is what it is) I agree it's not necessarily fair. But I got news for you, life ain't fair. But if your answer to making it fair is to punish everyone, guilty or not, sorry I don't agree.
__________________
Project : Amphibious HEMTT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Elwenil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member # 41063
Posts: 17,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
You bring up several points I will address. I'm not making excuses for my son. I think he should have been fired. I don't agree with a law that punishes someone for potentially doing something wrong.

Let's look at this logically. You are either responsible for your actions when your drunk or your not. I happen to believe that you are responsible. So if I rape a girl when I'm drunk, I should go to jail for rape. If I kill someone in a car, I should go to jail for involuntary mansloughter. You probably agree with me at this point.

But here is where liberals part with logic. They want to make it illegal to drink and drive. Their reason is you are not in control when your drunk. Obviously, if your not in control, you can't be responsible. So if this is your belief, how can you charge someone with raping some girl if they arnt in control?

Now, in the case of my son, he did not rape or kill anyone because he was in control. He broke the rules set by his employer and paid for it with his job.

As far as your argument about my paying not helping someone that loses a loved one. Involuntary manslaughter is the charge. It's the same charge if you kill someone excidently. (Which is what it is) I agree it's not necessarily fair. But I got news for you, life ain't fair. But if your answer to making it fair is to punish everyone, guilty or not, sorry I don't agree.
You seem to be a bit fuzzy on what "personal responsibility" really means. It means you are responsible for everything you do. There is no, "I was not in control" bullshit. If you choose to drink, then you made the choice to lose control and are still responsible. Your son should lose his job and his license since has has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he cannot handle that responsibility. He chose to drink when he knew he was not going to sober up in time to be on duty. He chose to go to work instead of calling in sick or quitting or whatever else he could have done to possibly get out of this without paying the full price. Instead, he foolishly pissed off his ride and now pays the consequences for his actions. I don't give a fuck what you or you son do on your own time, but when you have a responsibility to stay sober, then you need to do it. As for the liberal comments, I find it funny that you want to add that in considering you are trying to avoid responsibility using a lot of their arguments.

As for the losing a loved one, in some places driving drunk and killing someone is murder, not manslaughter. The problem you are having is that you cannot see how both someone who "loses control" while drinking and your son showing up on duty in a position of responsibility that is not only under the jurisdiction of his employer but the USCG as well, is guilty when they both obviously are. YOU make the choice. Your son made his and now he pays the consequences. Many of our laws are designed to PREVENT crimes, not just punish those who have already committed them. We prevent crimes by making sure people actually do exercise personal responsibility and use good judgment, something you are obviously lacking. If I drive drunk, it;s my choice to drink and my choice to get behind the wheel. Even if I am not in a commercial vehicle, I will lose my CDL. It's the same with your son, you prove that you can't handle the responsibility, then the responsibility is taken away.
__________________
1988 Dodge AW450 Ramcharger-318TBI-NP435-NP205-D60s
Odin Owns Ye All
Elwenil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 05:00 PM   #150 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
rockmup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Member # 16699
Location: Greenwell Springs La.
Posts: 10,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post

As far as your argument about my paying not helping someone that loses a loved one. Involuntary manslaughter is the charge. It's the same charge if you kill someone excidently. (Which is what it is) I agree it's not necessarily fair. But I got news for you, life ain't fair. But if your answer to making it fair is to punish everyone, guilty or not, sorry I don't agree.
Drinking and driving is NOT an accident. Its a choice you make before you ever have the first drink, you know the risks before you even start.
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.