COM-O-FORNICA Ammo Thru FFL after 18 Dec 17 - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
So as an oregonian, can i even legally bring ammo in to cali when I'm visiting relatives?

Similarly, can kali'ans near the border cross into oregon or nevada to purchase and legally bring the ammo back to Kali?

Last edited by CJF; 12-16-2017 at 10:23 AM.
CJF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
I brought up the gun registration history of German just before Hitler went agro and start the beginning of the holocaust. He said that could never happen again and I was crazy for thinking it could take place again.

The sheer amounted denial that some live live with is amazing.
Sort of off topic but wtf. How hard would it be for a determined well financed agency to acquire a scaled up smart drone with infra red etc and a high tech camera aiming system and a light weight 5.56 semi auto armament for urban use ?

Old 12-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi View Post
Sort of off topic but wtf. How hard would it be for a determined well financed agency to acquire a scaled up smart drone with infra red etc and a high tech camera aiming system and a light weight 5.56 semi auto armament for urban use ?

Sort of off topic? make sure and film it when you see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #29 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
So as an oregonian, can i even legally bring ammo in to cali when I'm visiting relatives?

Similarly, can kali'ans near the border cross into oregon or nevada to purchase and legally bring the ammo back to Kali?
Do you really care? I went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and visited Bass Pro on black Friday. Got some ammo and a few days later drove home. No big deal and my plan for all future transactions. Yes we have border check points but they only care about fruits and vegetables and have no legal authority to actually search you.

What most here seem to be missing is the real intent of the law and that is drive FFL dealers out of business. A lot of the more recent laws have specifically applied to firearms businesses in an effort to make it too costly to operate. In San Francisco the city successfully ran a gun shop out of town by passing city ordinances that only applied to that one business.
Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations | Fox News

They (the liberal elite) have openly admitted that you don't need to outlaw guns and thus break the 2nd amendment you just need to make it near impossible to get them. If you railroad they businesses out of existence and it is against the law to import guns or ammo without going through an FFL you have effectively banned firearms in CA.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 452458
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar7 View Post
Do you really care? I went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and visited Bass Pro on black Friday. Got some ammo and a few days later drove home. No big deal and my plan for all future transactions. Yes we have border check points but they only care about fruits and vegetables and have no legal authority to actually search you.

What most here seem to be missing is the real intent of the law and that is drive FFL dealers out of business. A lot of the more recent laws have specifically applied to firearms businesses in an effort to make it too costly to operate. In San Francisco the city successfully ran a gun shop out of town by passing city ordinances that only applied to that one business.
Surrender: San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations | Fox News

They (the liberal elite) have openly admitted that you don't need to outlaw guns and thus break the 2nd amendment you just need to make it near impossible to get them. If you railroad they businesses out of existence and it is against the law to import guns or ammo without going through an FFL you have effectively banned firearms in CA.

So, now that this gunshop has closed...there is NO gun violence in San Fran?

If there IS any, blame it on the city council.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 152638
Quote:

Cabelas isnít stupid, they have a store outside of Reno thatís literally 2 miles from the Cali border. Canít buy guns without a NV id but ammo is no problem. It does have a tendency to push our ammo prices up a little bit, but eh, supply and demand I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
chevydan3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Do you really care?
Yes.

Seems like a perfectly valid question to me: If I'm traveling into cali and somehow end up with a CHP coming across my ammo, am I automatically breaking the law, or not?

Last edited by CJF; 12-16-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #33 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Got some ammo and a few days later drove home. No big deal and my plan for all future transactions. Yes we have border check points but they only care about fruits and vegetables and have no legal authority to actually search you.
Question still stands: Will you now be breaking the law by doing that?
Old 12-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Seems like a perfectly valid question to me: If I'm traveling into cali and somehow end up with a CHP coming across my ammo, am I automatically breaking the law, or not?
Quote:
Ok, preliminary search says it's ok for me as a non-resident to bring ammo in, but illegal for you, as a resident, to do the same.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
I do care about bullshit laws but I don't care what anybody says about me legally purchasing something while on vacation then bringing it home.

Valid question: how would the CHP come across your ammo? It amazes me how many morons consent to search when they have something to hide. Saying no is not probable cause for a search. And even if he did find it how can he prove you did not buy it legally in CA before Dec 18 and are now just returning with what you left with? For instance I go to Mexico about once a week, a few months ago while coming back to the US the immigration person saw a case of beer in the back of my car and was upset that I didn't declare it as you can only import 1 litter of alcohol. I told him I bought it in the US and now am returning to the US with it. Not much he can say and away I went.

As far as breaking the law by continuing to do that after Dec 18? Of course not, I am a law abiding citizen and would never consider doing something like that, even though you could argue that it would be very easy and make sense.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Does all this Crappyfornia nonsense apply to black powder, patches and lead balls, too?

Always tip.

plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 36822
Quote:

It's "against the law" to bring magazines with a capacity greater than 15 rnds into CO now. Would I bring them in after visiting people in IA (remembering that Brownells is a mere 4 mins off of I-80)? No... no... no... I would never, ever do such a thing. It has gotten to the stage that a lot of friends have never, ever given me a list of "stuff" to get that I would never, ever bring back, either.

Fuck them who would deprive me, quite literally.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenToy View Post
It's "against the law" to bring magazines with a capacity greater than 15 rnds into CO now. Would I bring them in after visiting people in IA (remembering that Brownells is a mere 4 mins off of I-80)? No... no... no... I would never, ever do such a thing. It has gotten to the stage that a lot of friends have never, ever given me a list of "stuff" to get that I would never, ever bring back, either.

Fuck them who would deprive me, quite literally.
Yep. It is against the law to even posses fireworks in San Diego county so I of course have none of those also. Nor would I even consider being in company of anybody who would dare bring me such things. I also always drive the speed limit.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 743665
Quote:
Ok, preliminary search says it's ok for me as a non-resident to bring ammo in, but illegal for you, as a resident, to do the same.
This is true. Illegal for residents to bring it across the border.
dsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:31 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 45085
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
Does all this Crappyfornia nonsense apply to black powder, patches and lead balls, too?
The new law only applies to loaded ammunition, not components.
82toycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
Quote:

For instance this is state senator Kevin de Leon and his followers ate this up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0

It has hard to contend with people who believe this shit. Also really pisses me off that the cop standing behind him kept his mouth shut. Stuff like this is on the news here all the time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-16-2017, 10:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 166307
[QUOTE=POS YJ;42654586]Meh, just get your CCW and you don't need to worry about the background checks.

RIGHT, seen the shall issue map?
Old 12-17-2017, 12:17 AM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
You missed all of this? 2018 brings an annual permit requirement as well as background checks for each ammo purchase. I do not know how the hell this passed last year. Sad state of affairs
Prop 63 conveniently passed by almost the same number of votes as the tax increase on the rich, and for Hillary, oddly the votes for and against these were higher than for and against legalizing weed.

Quote:
This is the result of a bunch of small laws being passed. Once a people get used to it they are less likely to object and fight back. Between the 9th circus court and Californiaís government I doubt this will be repealed. glad I donít fucking live there.

Keep your powder dry and reload.

It will likely have to go to SCOTUS, Prop 63 is currently on Appeal before the 9th. If their Lawyers arguing on behalf of gun owners are smart they wont be arguing on standard 2nd grounds, but on how requiring background checks to buy ammo, when you already had to have one to buy a gun, puts an undue burden on the exercising the right to own a gun as Heller established. The "undue burden" is what has been used to strike down 24hr waiting periods on abortion pr requiring spouse or parental consent, voter ID's or tests, etc.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 07:55 AM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
Prop 63 conveniently passed by almost the same number of votes as the tax increase on the rich, and for Hillary, oddly the votes for and against these were higher than for and against legalizing weed.

It will likely have to go to SCOTUS, Prop 63 is currently on Appeal before the 9th. If their Lawyers arguing on behalf of gun owners are smart they wont be arguing on standard 2nd grounds, but on how requiring background checks to buy ammo, when you already had to have one to buy a gun, puts an undue burden on the exercising the right to own a gun as Heller established. The "undue burden" is what has been used to strike down 24hr waiting periods on abortion pr requiring spouse or parental consent, voter ID's or tests, etc.
I abstained on the weed vote as I am indifferent to it. I'm sure others did the same.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post

I hope they do better than when I-594 went to court in Washington. The judge said the case canít be heard because nobody had been arrested or prosecuted for a violation yet. WTF? They were challenging the legality of I-594 as it pertains to the Washington state constitution. Not someone who got brought up on charges.

Good luck with the fight.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 397210
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82toycrawler View Post
The new law only applies to loaded ammunition, not components.
Only if you are not a "prohibited person", when you are then "ammunition" includes magazine, speedloaders, projectiles, primers, powder, loaded ammo, and more
non-OP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 226216
What the fuck is a prohibited person? Is it a not allowed to own a gun, or a non ffl?

Old 12-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 151814
Quote:
What the fuck is a prohibited person? Is it a not allowed to own a gun, or a non ffl?

People in California.

I been buying ammo as I can and looks like tomorrow is the last date to get Internet orders in so probably another 1k rounds of 223 and 9mm to end the year. Then it will be looking into reloading gear for next year.

This state makes it pretty hard to own and use anything remotely interesting or fun.
a1racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 133589
California is pricing/banning its populous out of recreation, delaying/closing hunting and fishing seasons, raising fees, fuel and so on. They want you to go to work, come straight home and pay your ever increasing taxes. That way there is less wear and tear on infrastructure, fewer employees needed to maintain things ect. Lesser the money they spend on running the state, the more they can spend on their backwards fuckfaced political agenda.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
I hope they do better than when I-594 went to court in Washington. The judge said the case canít be heard because nobody had been arrested or prosecuted for a violation yet. WTF? They were challenging the legality of I-594 as it pertains to the Washington state constitution. Not someone who got brought up on charges.
To challenge the constitutionality of a law, it is always better to have a person who has been harmed by the law, as that person has standing. Also, w/Federal law requiring federally licensed gun dealers to run background checks, it would be hard to argue that a WA law requiring the same for none dealers is unconstitutional, the Fed one needs to be challenged first as creating a financial hurdle to exercising ones right to own, similar to charging someone a fee to register to vote.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in