Want to relocate to a mountainous, freedom-loving area... Any suggestions? - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 55396
Thailand, Panama, Costa Rica. The lack of regs and fawks given by the people there makes the free-est of the States seem like childs play.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:52 AM   #52 (permalink)
Man Child

Member # 2175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
I can't help but think Tesla is a house of cards. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just doubt the long term viability of his ambitions.
Looking at his track record, I'd have a hard time betting against the guy but I completely get what you're saying. The thing I love about Musk is his willingness to tackle the big issues and the "impossible". Recently when Boeing said they were going to be beat Space X to Mars, Musk's response was "Do it!". I think it would be awesome to be part of the Musk adventure even if it ends up failing in the long run. I think his ideas are awesome even if they are idealistic and not viable yet. Lots of people out there who have been told their idea would never work like Bezos and Fred Smith.

Both companies that me and the wife work for are old school 100+ years old and it gets tiring trying to pull them into the new age.

Last edited by Priest; 01-05-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Priest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 08:10 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted View Post
Don't worry, not interested. Trying to get away from "progressive" types.
You will find that all the good places that you are looking for have been found and moved to by interlopers, much like yourself.

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 08:41 AM   #54 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose818 View Post
If you have any input from being there, I'd certainly appreciate it. I did quite some reading, but have not talked to anyone there

I work in IT, can also do auto mechanic work, studying for a CDL as well

Bremerton is the specific area I was looking at - close enough to Seattle, but still some affordable enough housing
trying to escape chigaco but wanting to be close to seattle seems really really backwards to me are big cities, violence and progressives like a security blanket for you or something?

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #55 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
NH This isn't a bad suggestion. Maine isn't a bad choice either for the same reasons, it's a little more nanny, less mountains but if you intend to work in the Boston area you'll get less raped by MA taxes living in ME. When I move back to Maine I'm gonna enjoy knowing that my taxes aren't paying for a corrupt and ineffective gravy train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
Fuck off we're full
Would you rather have OP or another commie masshole?

Quote:

LEGAL wheeling can be spread out, but distance is a matter of opinion. I Drive 10 minutes to work, and won't typically drive more the 30 minutes for wheeling. Hence why god made powerlines
I don't get why people post this stuff on the internet?

We'll have massholes in the bro'd out Jks and Tacos wheeling northern New England power lines and then in a few years after that becomes common no-tresspassing signs will go up, calling the pigs will be socially acceptable and people who get stuck will get 40k tow bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
You will find that all the good places that you are looking for have been found and moved to by interlopers, much like yourself.
I'd tend to agree but I think the key between someone who shits the place up and someone who doesn't is realizing that politics plays a role in what makes a place nice.

Someone who moves somewhere while acknowledging that the beliefs of the existing locals is why that place isn't a shithole is far less likely to shit the place up. There's such a

There's always going to be an exodus of people from shitty places. Attracting the right ones is what prevents a potential destination from being shit up and turned into the place they left by the newcomers.

The Commiefornians move to CO and then shit the place up by participating in local government and pushing for all the things that turned CA into the kind of place anyone with a brain wants out of. You see this to a similiar extent with the NYC people who retire to VT and the Massholes in southern ME.

NH is kind of odd because it has the "freedom" image associated with it so it attracts more of the people who want less to do with government and that's deeply ingrained in its culture. I think that's largely responsible for why it's stayed so not-shitty despite proximity to Boston.

When I move back to ME I intend to display a confederate flat on my residence during leaf peeping season solely for the purpose of making the kind of people I don't want anything to do with think the place I live is full of hicks they don't want anything to do with.
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:00 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 81613
this might fit

Elk City Idaho

https://www.google.com/maps/place/El...4d-115.4367941
ransil is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 65177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
trying to escape chigaco but wanting to be close to seattle seems really really backwards to me are big cities, violence and progressives like a security blanket for you or something?
I'm the one from Chicago. He mentioned he was from So Cal...But same thing.

I'm trying to get away from states full of that stuff, which is why Oregon, Washington, and Colorado and unfortunately out of the question.
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #58 (permalink)
Rednek

Member # 52387
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTape View Post
I passed through Rocky Ford this weekend and stopped at the gas station. The cashier was so high and scratchy that my wife didn't want to touch anything she did and just told her to keep the change on a $1.49 Dasani water. There was also someone in the Ladie's restroom doing her makeup for about 15 minutes and we waited it out. Not sure makeup was all she was doing in there.
Ah good ol Rocky Ford... Yeah there's some winners there! I avoid going to town as much as possible. Basically the only places I hit with any frequency are Rustler's implement, Napa, the lumber yard, and Muth Welding. I honestly only average a trip to town once or twice a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigun View Post
Eastern Colorado is rapidly becoming the new California
You shut your dirty whore mouth! I hope we're far enough east that we'll never get too many liberals out here... It's dry and deserty enough that maybe it'll keep them away. Liberals don't seem to like tumbleweeds and the smell of cow-shit in the air.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted View Post
I'm the one from Chicago. He mentioned he was from So Cal...But same thing.

I'm trying to get away from states full of that stuff, which is why Oregon, Washington, and Colorado and unfortunately out of the question.
As someone who HAS LIVED and WORKED in almost EVERY State in the Union for over 35 years, Cali is the bestest! Just ask any person who lives there.
I just spent 6 months in Commierado for the 3rd time, contract work, I lived there for a few years, twice before. Since they legalized MJ, the fucking druggies there are god damn ridiculous. Man that state is fucked.
Move to Cali or Commierado and try to make a difference.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 217829
Our getaway is in Cloudcroft, NM. Has everything you are looking for.
smracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 322034
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWT View Post
Why in the FUCK would you willingly move to the west side especially bremerton of all shitholes? My inlaws live out on the peninsula so I drive by bremerton every time I go see them. I like my inlaws but loathe the area. No sunshine, too many people, traffic is complete shit and the politics range from california light to worse than california depending on the issue.
I live in Los Angeles currently, looking to get out of here. I was looking at Bremerton strictly from google maps, zillow, etc. I saw that there are still affordable homes there, lots of greenery, clean air. I am used to traffic, I looked at live traffic at Seattle and its nowhere near Los Angeles. Hence, my recon mission at the end of the month.

Besides, my body just seems to reject the East Coast, NY, NJ, or anything near it. I don't want shitty winters, primarily because I hate rust on vehicles.

Why does Bremerton suck so much? Keep in mind though, I'm comparing it to LA, so what sucks for you may be a huge improvement for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
I never mentioned Chicago anywhere.. never been there.. I do need to be somewhat close to big city - I like my occasional Latte, people, diversity, job market. I don't want to live downtown, but a 30 minute drive from there works for me. Besides, I am married, and its a requirement for the wife - she won't go full country.
montrose818 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by arse_sidewards View Post
Would you rather have OP or another commie masshole?
Neither

Quote:
I don't get why people post this stuff on the internet?

We'll have massholes in the bro'd out Jks and Tacos wheeling northern New England power lines and then in a few years after that becomes common no-tresspassing signs will go up, calling the pigs will be socially acceptable and people who get stuck will get 40k tow bills.
Those people join a certain local based forum, which strictly forbids such activities. I've only ever seen dumbass locals and we still get yelled at by adjacent property owners if they're snowmobilers. You have to know where to go I guess, I'm usually well off the beaten path.

Quote:
I'd tend to agree but I think the key between someone who shits the place up and someone who doesn't is realizing that local politics plays a role in what makes a place nice.

Someone who moves somewhere while acknowledging that the beliefs of the existing locals is why that place isn't a shithole is far less likely to shit the place up.
Red text is added. We're a blue state, but we're controlled by the large cities per usual. Get outside of that and the natives are 90% conservatives and the transplants are 90% democrats. What I'm getting at is don't rock the local politics boat.

Quote:
The Commiefornians move to CO and then shit the place up by participating in local government and pushing for all the things that turned CA into the kind of place anyone with a brain wants out of. You see this to a similiar extent with the NYC people who retire to VT and the Massholes in southern ME.

NH is kind of odd because it has the "freedom" image associated with it so it attracts more of the people who want less to do with government and that's deeply ingrained in its culture. I think that's largely responsible for why it's stayed so not-shitty despite proximity to Boston.
No, Nashua and Manchester do a pretty good job of fucking up our state. Anywhere south on Concord along I-93 is libtard sanctuarys really. That and small towns are usually pretty relaxed, with a few busy bodies being the exception, along with the damn State Police.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 65177
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post
You shut your dirty whore mouth! I hope we're far enough east that we'll never get too many liberals out here... It's dry and deserty enough that maybe it'll keep them away. Liberals don't seem to like tumbleweeds and the smell of cow-shit in the air.
The problem is, they're already infesting your state government. Even if they don't live anywhere near you, they'll still eventually try to legislate your freedoms away. You may or may not notice it yet, but it's there.

One county/city has Illinois in a deathgrip. Whatever they say goes. Constantly trying to raise taxes, rape gun owners, etc. Hence why so many people are getting the fuck out.

Illinois loses more residents in 2016 than any other state

Quote:
For the third consecutive year, Illinois has lost more residents than any other state, losing 37,508 people in 2016, which puts its population at the lowest it has been in nearly a decade, according to U.S. census data released Tuesday.
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:50 AM   #64 (permalink)
IMA BUM

Member # 27141
Quote:
I have read up on Salt Lake City, and it seems air quality is bad, and unless you are Mormon, you will not fit in.
Utah is really not a bad place to live. I've been here for 16 years now. You'll just need to learn how to accommodate your needs. I hardly drink anymore, but back in the day it was nothing to drop a grand on booze anytime you were out of state. Housing is still affordable......

But with that being said, my Utah drivers license expires in march, and I don't plan on renewing it.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:02 AM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 22923
Uzbekistan
Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 77176
Send a message via Skype™ to sierravalley
Quote:
Originally Posted by locrwln View Post
Reno.

Jack
Reno and nevada are full keep looking
sierravalley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #67 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 21622
Send a message via AIM to Corey Young Send a message via Yahoo to Corey Young
Quote:
I live in Los Angeles currently, looking to get out of here. I was looking at Bremerton strictly from google maps, zillow, etc. I saw that there are still affordable homes there, lots of greenery, clean air. I am used to traffic, I looked at live traffic at Seattle and its nowhere near Los Angeles. Hence, my recon mission at the end of the month.

Besides, my body just seems to reject the East Coast, NY, NJ, or anything near it. I don't want shitty winters, primarily because I hate rust on vehicles.

Why does Bremerton suck so much? Keep in mind though, I'm comparing it to LA, so what sucks for you may be a huge improvement for me

I never mentioned Chicago anywhere.. never been there.. I do need to be somewhat close to big city - I like my occasional Latte, people, diversity, job market. I don't want to live downtown, but a 30 minute drive from there works for me. Besides, I am married, and its a requirement for the wife - she won't go full country.
Unfortunately the military bases around here are not the best parts of town. Bremerton is mostly a Navy town. Try a little north to Silverdale or south to Gig Harbor. Lots of petty crime and home break ins no matter where you go around here. Lots of drug addicts and they steal from working folks. Wheeling scene is not real hot. Seattle is always trying to take away 2nd amendment rights. Most of the mountains are off limits.

Summer is June, July and August. The 9 other months it rains and there is not much sunlight.

Last edited by Corey Young; 01-05-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Corey Young is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #68 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 138976
Quote:

didn't realize you weren't the OP something something black star people all look the same to me

living on a peninsula sucks, yeah everything will have better traffic compared to LA but Bremerton is a bit more isolated.

personally I like the west of I5 outside of Olympia are and even a little bit north of Shelton on 101. Olympia is a decent town if you want access to town that has everything. easier to get around than Tacoma or Seattle

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 10:15 AM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 50955
I'm tired of the California immigrants. We need a wall.
472Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 29037
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post

I would have said Front Range but was unsure how many on here would have known what I meant! Just like people say Denver, but mean Wheatridge, or Lafayette... When they do move in they'll pass laws making you get rid of the cows whose smell offends them

Last edited by bigun; 01-05-2018 at 10:23 AM.
bigun is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 29037
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
I hear new mexico's pretty bad off too, but maybe that's just the reservations swinging the vote? Driving through on 40 can't help but notice more 'res' there than in AZ
Like every other state it is the big cities, Santa Fe, Alb., Los Cruses, Los Alamos... Most of the reservations just want to be left alone.
Some real estate developer decided that my town should be the next Taos without the other draws that Taos has like great scenery, winter skiing, water! They sold a bunch of the art crowd on it now they are wandering around sticking their noses into everything, riling folks up. The developer has left with the money
Old 01-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by smracing View Post
Our getaway is in Cloudcroft, NM. Has everything you are looking for.
Don’t listen to this fool, the entire state sucks. Stay away from NM, breaking bad is everyday everywhere ! Colorado or bust should be your mantra.
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #73 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
\

No, Nashua and Manchester do a pretty good job of fucking up our state. Anywhere south on Concord along I-93 is libtard sanctuarys really. That and small towns are usually pretty relaxed, with a few busy bodies being the exception, along with the damn State Police.
Red text should have been implied.

The libtards in the tax-free-MA portion of NH have done very little damage to via state government compared to similar concentrations of libtards in other states
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by arse_sidewards View Post
Red text should have been implied.

The libtards in the tax-free-MA portion of NH have done very little damage to via state government compared to similar concentrations of libtards in other states
I'll agree
Old 01-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 95763
Quote:
If you have any input from being there, I'd certainly appreciate it. I did quite some reading, but have not talked to anyone there

I work in IT, can also do auto mechanic work, studying for a CDL as well

Bremerton is the specific area I was looking at - close enough to Seattle, but still some affordable enough housing
There is a reason we call them Bremaloes.

Washington kicks ass. I moved out here from Virginia in 2005. Never looked back.

If you do want to live the "free" part of the state I would recommend the eastern side of the state or up in the Northern Peninsula. Basically as far from Seattle/Olympia as you can get.
KarlVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in