Spinoff: Moon Landing - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
Don’t trust the government.... unless it’s something that you’ve been told your entire life?

Government never lies, right? I’m with Action Fab on this. Doesn’t matter if we did or didn’t; the need to succeed eclipsed any need for truth, so it’s completely irrelevant now.
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 69633
Location: I live in my body: On the land near Paradise Township, Jefferson State, not by choice.
YEP Action Fab...

The Moon by Stanley Kubrick Productions.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:39 PM   #78 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGUNTHER View Post
what is worse, is the people still believe there is a giant rock that spins around us. Frickin priceless.
Are you saying there isn't a moon at all?
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #79 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
This thread's a flystrip for dumb.

Damn, now I'm caught.

Wouldn't it be great if the mods made a trap thread that resulted in a 1-strike permaban?
Old 11-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 20331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
What's your favourite flavour of crayon?
Did you watch that short video, and still think the moon landing was real?
fullsize80cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #81 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
This thread's a flystrip for dumb.

Damn, now I'm caught.

Wouldn't it be great if the mods made a trap thread that resulted in a 1-strike permaban?

Whole site :crickets:
Old 11-17-2019, 04:48 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
it's a death star
Old 11-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 102813
Who cares? Does it really matter?

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #84 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stubs View Post
Who cares? Does it really matter?
Other than to understand how public opinion dictates the flow of money. No.

That video Joe posted was interesting from that sense.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #85 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter

holy fawk.

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
how ya like me now??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #86 (permalink)
Ebs

Member # 20043
If the moon landings are real then how did they launch a rocket thru the chemtrails?
Ebs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 212160
Entertaining read on the topic: Wagging the Moondoggie | The Center for an Informed America
Riles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 07:54 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsize80cherokee View Post
Did you watch that short video, and still think the moon landing was real?
No, I didn't watch it.

I'm actually pretty interested in space and the feeble human attempt to conquer it. I've seem plenty of fucking moon landing denier bullshit and it's all bullshit. They did it. They went there. It was ballsy as fuck, and ever more so in retrospect as so many other potential failures weren't realized until well after the missions. The science checks out, it was possible, and they did it by the virtue of unlimited funding, blind desire to make it happen, and having a team of the most talented people pulled from the entire western world at their disposal.

You can feel free to list whatever was in that video and I will debunk all points without even bothering to Google anything.

DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 20331
Quote:
No, I didn't watch it.

I'm actually pretty interested in space and the feeble human attempt to conquer it. I've seem plenty of fucking moon landing denier bullshit and it's all bullshit. They did it. They went there. It was ballsy as fuck, and ever more so in retrospect as so many other potential failures weren't realized until well after the missions. The science checks out, it was possible, and they did it by the virtue of unlimited funding, blind desire to make it happen, and having a team of the most talented people pulled from the entire western world at their disposal.

You can feel free to list whatever was in that video and I will debunk all points without even bothering to Google anything.
It was a video of the lunar module departing the moon, it looked like what it was, 1960ís Hollywood special effects. There was no delay in communication between the lunar module on the moon and the command center in Houston. The take off on the moon was filmed from the moon and broadcasted in real time on earth in 1969.
fullsize80cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsize80cherokee View Post
It was a video of the lunar module departing the moon, it looked like what it was, 1960ís Hollywood special effects. There was no delay in communication between the lunar module on the moon and the command center in Houston. The take off on the moon was filmed from the moon and broadcasted in real time on earth in 1969.
That video, I've seen it, and there's quite the story to how they took that.

As I said, I won't look anything up, memory only. And I don't feel like watching the video again so deal with it if I don't say things exactly.

First, it looks like shit because hardened analog video cameras suck. They have limited dynamic range and it causes the sky to just look black, along with a ton of the other details just being washed out. Space also is very different for filming versus in atmosphere, as the atmosphere (being a ton of gas particles) has a handy feature of capturing and diffusing light, which softens shadows (by essentially backlighting them) and makes it a lot easier for cameras with poor dynamic range to cope. Cameras, especially from that era, are very linear in their perception of light versus dark, whereas the human eye is very much more logarithmic and does not see bright things nearly as bright as they actually are, or dark things as dark as they actually are. The hypergolic fuel used for the descent engine also doesn't create much of a show when in a vacuum, most of what is interesting to see is entirely shrouded by the engine bell. Plus there isn't a lot going on as they dump a ton of weight off the lander before taking off, as in that engine really isn't powerful at all. There was a very specific list of what could be taken and what couldn't, and I believe you can see some of the 'debris' that is actually random objects they threw overboard around it.

The camera was on the rover, and was being somewhat remotely controlled. Essentially it was given a string of commands based on when the engine start would happen, and it would follow those commands with the hope it would keep the descent in frame. Hence they didn't track the lander in a overly great fashion, which makes the whole thing seem a bit more odd than it is. The lack of surface features and atmosphere also means there is little reference for the image once the lander begins the ascent.

At that time period it was a lot easier to broadcast analog media live versus recording it and then rebroadcasting, and NASA typically broadcast a ton of stuff live for that reason. Obviously the feed would also be recorded to tape at the same time. The signal was being relayed by the command module, and the audio is actually spliced back into it (there was no audio component of that camera feed) and I'm not sure if what you're hearing is exactly a frame by frame synchronization between that being a recording and the fact that the feeds were processed by slightly different means. However, the one way Earth to moon radio latency is only about 1.3 seconds, I believe rounded up is 2.7 seconds for both ways, which is part of the reason they tend to walk on each other a bit but are able to maintain fairly fluid communications.

I don't know what else you do or don't like about the video, but I can assure you it was real. That camera is still where they left it.

DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 08:53 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 7772
Discussing the veracity of the Apollo Missions is like discussing the Dictatorship of the Proletariate with a Communist.

It's also like discussing the Sleefarg under the Glubancha with a schizophrenic.
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 01:38 AM   #92 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
It happened.
But maybe not on THAT EXACT day.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:37 AM   #93 (permalink)
Wiseguy

Member # 867108
9/11 was an inside job!

John Wayne
True Grit
Bubba the Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 133009
Quote:
Birds aren't real.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #95 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
It really doesn't matter. We can all think it differently without consequence.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 55560
I can't even remember why I created this obviously facetious thread (almost 2 years ago now) but this is turning in to pure gold.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #97 (permalink)
imafighterjet

Member # 13619
Send a message via Yahoo to krawlr
I took the tour at Kennedy space center. If I rode that shit to the moon and made it back and someone said I didn't, I'd beat the fuck out of them too.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 181868
If I were a betting man, (and I am) I would bet we did. But I do have an open mind and the denier's have made some good arguments over the years. I certainly believe the government is capable of lying to us.

The most obvious proof is much like the flat earth theory. Why lie about this and who makes money off it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax View Post
If we really hadn't gone to the moon, the Soviets would have long ago exposed us. They were damn good spies and could have proven the hoax, if it were true.
If the tech does not exist to go there, how would they prove it?

waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 08:26 AM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 112738
Quote:
That video, I've seen it, and there's quite the story to how they took that.

As I said, I won't look anything up, memory only. And I don't feel like watching the video again so deal with it if I don't say things exactly.

First, it looks like shit because hardened analog video cameras suck. They have limited dynamic range and it causes the sky to just look black, along with a ton of the other details just being washed out. Space also is very different for filming versus in atmosphere, as the atmosphere (being a ton of gas particles) has a handy feature of capturing and diffusing light, which softens shadows (by essentially backlighting them) and makes it a lot easier for cameras with poor dynamic range to cope. Cameras, especially from that era, are very linear in their perception of light versus dark, whereas the human eye is very much more logarithmic and does not see bright things nearly as bright as they actually are, or dark things as dark as they actually are. The hypergolic fuel used for the descent engine also doesn't create much of a show when in a vacuum, most of what is interesting to see is entirely shrouded by the engine bell. Plus there isn't a lot going on as they dump a ton of weight off the lander before taking off, as in that engine really isn't powerful at all. There was a very specific list of what could be taken and what couldn't, and I believe you can see some of the 'debris' that is actually random objects they threw overboard around it.

The camera was on the rover, and was being somewhat remotely controlled. Essentially it was given a string of commands based on when the engine start would happen, and it would follow those commands with the hope it would keep the descent in frame. Hence they didn't track the lander in a overly great fashion, which makes the whole thing seem a bit more odd than it is. The lack of surface features and atmosphere also means there is little reference for the image once the lander begins the ascent.

At that time period it was a lot easier to broadcast analog media live versus recording it and then rebroadcasting, and NASA typically broadcast a ton of stuff live for that reason. Obviously the feed would also be recorded to tape at the same time. The signal was being relayed by the command module, and the audio is actually spliced back into it (there was no audio component of that camera feed) and I'm not sure if what you're hearing is exactly a frame by frame synchronization between that being a recording and the fact that the feeds were processed by slightly different means. However, the one way Earth to moon radio latency is only about 1.3 seconds, I believe rounded up is 2.7 seconds for both ways, which is part of the reason they tend to walk on each other a bit but are able to maintain fairly fluid communications.

I don't know what else you do or don't like about the video, but I can assure you it was real. That camera is still where they left it.
I also believe that we did indeed go to the moon and back in 1969.

There is one piece of evidence that the deniers point out that does puzzle me. It is those little black crosses that appear on all of the photographs. They are supposedly on the lens itself and should appear on each and every photo, but in some photos the little cross things are missing or appear to be behind an object in the photo.

You seem pretty learned on this subject so I was hoping you could explain the photos for me.
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon2006 View Post
I read somewhere... and I don't remember where, that most of our advances have been with computers and such. As far as rockets and stuff to move us there, they had not really advanced that much. (This might of been before Telsa's stuff)
99% of the early engine stuff was compliments of efforts in Germany prior to "the Space race". Von Braun et al came from there post WWII and seeded both the USSR and USA-NASA space programs.

The USSR spent more time on engine design than the US has hence why a good % of current engine design is based around their efforts...including ALL of Elon Monks efforts, which coincidentally are the direct effort of engineers mostly hired away from NASA/JPL in SoCal.

What Musk has is a group of very good puter EE and programmer types to get the controls working...hardware and software that didnt exist in the 60s. Making CGI as we know it impossible to do, making some of the shots impossible to fake as some folks theorize.

Think 35/70mm film tech and how movies were made in the 50s-60s folks. The 1st 4 function calculator came out in 1967 from TI so things like Z80 puters were non existent...a DARPA dream and why the controls were from earth based IBM 360(ish) room sized puters .

Last edited by DavidVanVorous; 11-18-2019 at 10:18 AM.
DavidVanVorous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in