Truck Night in America. Like it, love it, hate it? - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

View Poll Results: Like it or hate it?
Liked it. 79 37.62%
Hated it. 61 29.05%
I eat bacon and don’t have a TV. 70 33.33%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #201 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywalter View Post
and i can understand roc-docs thoughts on it as well..in effect to hard core competition...this is not that...but it is serious reality none the less. watching the 3rd episode....could your bad ass toyota have won? your a real guy with an extremely real all around rig...with an honest assessment could your machine win? the variables in this seemingly benign competition have proven interesting to me..
Of course not, that was not the point of me posting up that 12 year old pic. It was just a trail rig plain and simple. Even if I did still own it I wouldn't have applied to win "an easy $10,000".

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #202 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
Of course not, that was not the point of me posting up that 12 year old pic. It was just a trail rig plain and simple. Even if I did still own it I wouldn't have applied to win "an easy $10,000".
fair enough.

well....looking at the pic. i might have. that thing looks awesome.

i guess its just easier for me being a child in an adult body

even so... applying for the chance to do something like this... is an unlikely thing for myself as well.

you go ahead and quit watching, and make fun of me for watching it...

and i will keep watching....

worst case you can bitch slap me with the good ol i told ya so....

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
how ya like me now??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #203 (permalink)

Member # 13471
Thanks for the nice comments Bobby

Everyone knows Pete's hard to get along with on the internet but he's a great guy in person and a family man. He races and builds with his girls and you saw him get choked up talking about how Missy's hard work and effort would be what he'd be proud to see in his own kids, that's as REAL as is gets folks.

As far as the show goes Pete's doing a job and I can tell you first hand if you say 9 intelligent things then on take #10 something stupid comes out... that's the one they use. It's just funny I'm laughing the whole time as "I show my family the world" with my winnings. Please, I don't remember saying that.
I do remember saying I would donate part of it to CORVA and Blue Ribbon and explaining what they do. Then the next take the producer says ok do that one over again about how you are going to donate all 10k to land use...
WHOA buddy don't get me to say ALL of it on camera and then use that on the show!!!

We all had some suggestions for future episodes and next year for anyone who would listen. They know TV we know off road somewhere in between is a really good show but even then some won't be happy with it. If it stays on as long as Survivor and the other ones mentioned I'll watch it and they will be handing out 10k every week to some real offroader. That can't be bad.

Rage 4th "safety is our #2 concern"
raceanything is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #204 (permalink)

Member # 98895
Send a message via AIM to dezrik Send a message via MSN to dezrik Send a message via Yahoo to dezrik
on Episode 2 when she cut those intercos I was like wtf, but then they keep swapping those shitty tsls on every rig making it to the last course, they must really hate Pitbull tires lol.
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #205 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
do they get to keep the tires? free boggers!???!!

fawk yeah if you can keep them....i need a fresh set of 42's...i sure as fawk would not have cut the tires when stuck like she was...my irocks are all mismatched now...and worn out... i guess if they cant keep them she may have done that just to be a dick...

nice...

pretty sure the jeep slipped in front drive only sometime before it hit the crushed car trail section which caused him to waste time winching.

that obviously fawked up his whole deal....he figured it out on the roller coaster section....but the mud took the wind the rest of the way out of his sails....pretty sure it would have been the 3rd jeep win had he caught it because that fawker goes pretty good.

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

how ya like me now??
Old 03-28-2018, 01:06 AM   #206 (permalink)
Girly Bender

Member # 1842
Send a message via AIM to Roxywheels Send a message via Yahoo to Roxywheels
Is it hardcore? No. They never claimed it to be Baja or KOH

Is it scripted? Yes. They have to herd those cats somehow

Can I see how many of you think it's dumb? Yes, because you're expecting more than they promised. Watching the previews you can see what it will be.

Why have it on TV in the first place? Why have all the other shows that are on TV? Because someone will watch it. Did you really think Duck Dynasty would last as long as it did and become SO popular? I remember sitting there watching it, shaking my head and trying to figure out wtf I was watching. And then I kept watching.

Do I watch it every week? Yup. Why? Because people I know are on that show. Rob Park is my Bender brother. His wife is my friend. I watch it for them. I want my friend to be successful and if me watching it helps that, then I'm there every week. I enjoyed the hell out of watching Jeff Mello on it. I cheered for him in my living room. Why? Because I was happy that someone I know is successful. Watching Pete's bio online and hearing him talk about his family showed a totally different side to him. The offroading world is a small world. There are many people that tried for that show...as hosts and contestants. Chances are you know some of them. Is it that hard to set your ego's and chest thumping aside for a little bit and just support someone that you know? Geeze...and you guys call me a cunt

I do agree with the others here, episode 3 was better. I would love to see more of the hosts personality but I also understand that they may have just a little TOO much personality for family TV

It is what it is people. While you're sitting at home, thumping your chest and talking shit...remember that you're just sitting at home, thumping your chest and talking shit and they're on TV. Yea yea, that doesn't impress you. I know many of you know the people on that show, so stop being a dick and help support those in offroading and in the industry. Many of you did the same bitching about KOH and well, look at it now
Old 03-28-2018, 05:14 AM   #207 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxywheels View Post
Many of you did the same bitching about KOH and well, look at it now
Yeah, it sucks.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #208 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 127719
Watched last nights episode and saw some killer fab on the truss of the black FJ.
Attached Images

Tow Pig: 86 F350 Turbo 6.9/ZF5 4x4 converted dually

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->

Quote:
old Chevy vs new Chevy ? nobody gives a fuck
please kick yourself in the cunt,
oneofakind97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #209 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofakind97 View Post
Watched last nights episode and saw some killer fab on the truss of the black FJ.
Flatbiller didn't steer it too well either.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:39 PM   #210 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 73540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
I think any of the women on the show would've out drove him.
rektec250r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #211 (permalink)

Member # 136053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxywheels View Post
Do I watch it every week? Yup. Why? Because people I know are on that show. Rob Park is my Bender brother. His wife is my friend. I watch it for them. I want my friend to be successful and if me watching it helps that, then I'm there every week.
This^^^

Pete is a douche...that is all.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:40 PM   #212 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
I forgot to delete it from my DVR, so I just watched this episode. While watching it I remembered to delete it from my DVR. I would love to see some crawling on the show. All of the first competitions are pretty stupid. I don’t give a fuck what you can shove off a cliff. So tremendously lame.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 07:46 PM   #213 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
I bumped the non hater thread last night but nooooo, this bullshit hater thread keeps getting bumped more. the haterz.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:45 PM   #214 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
still diggin it.

the icecream trucks brought more challenge.

how ya like me now??
Old 03-31-2018, 04:39 PM   #215 (permalink)

Member # 81613
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofakind97 View Post
My wife even noticed the booger welds

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by ransil; 03-31-2018 at 04:40 PM.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #216 (permalink)

Member # 743665
Finally watched this episode and realized. Some of y’all need to lighten up I’d have a blast doing some of that crap.
dsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #217 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85264
Send a message via AIM to LeadfootCJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
Monster Truck drivers are used to rear steer
Old 04-05-2018, 08:43 PM   #218 (permalink)

Member # 60661
TwoTHOUSAND horsepower !
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #219 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
No way they fixed that driveshaft ujoint in an hour.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #220 (permalink)

Member # 1792
Tonight's was the worst one yet. Not one of them could drive out of their driveway.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #221 (permalink)

Member # 60661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheepin View Post
Tonight's was the worst one yet. Not one of them could drive out of their driveway.
No shit. It’s l8ke they lent their trucks to their buddies and said “here. You try”
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2018, 10:29 PM   #222 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
b team drivers for sure tonight..

still digging it due to unpredictability. they changed up the cars and its a tire killer now.

not good running on flats.

the big ford losing the alternator or battery connection was a pisser...

anybodies game.

how ya like me now??
Old 04-05-2018, 10:30 PM   #223 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
almost forgot...

fawkin jeeps:flip off2:

how ya like me now??
Old 04-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #224 (permalink)

Member # 181868
Finally got to see the show. Kind of lame. But better than watching "call the midwife". I just wish they hosts would shut up.

waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #225 (permalink)
3d Artist for Hire!

Member # 13701
Send a message via AIM to animator Send a message via Yahoo to animator
Watched it for the first time last night. Will likely be the last time unless I'm desperately bored with nothing else on, unfortunately.

It all just seemed too scripted. And it seemed like the winner was known before the "competition" even began. Toyota suddenly loses a t-case climbing a hill? lol. Ok, maybe. F150 loses a battery at the starting line? Ok, questionable. Nicely-built jeep that looks to be exceptionally well-maintained can't run the winch? Hmm. Guy in the "2000 horsepower" dodge cuts a tire, has a spare in the bed, but won't change it just to get a bit further than the jeep, when he's almost there already? Sorry, I just can't buy that.

I do wish they'd show more course coverage, and less back-and-forth from the 4 guys talking the whole time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in