phones vs driving - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCzuk View Post
See it all the time here too. I donít get why car manufacturers these days will have the dash lights on and not just have automatic head and tail lights.
I hear ya... I can't believe DRL's aren't standard on everything, not like it's expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVanVorous View Post
Meh, pull over and use the phone to call 911 about a crazy drunk driver thats driving w/o their lights on. They might not be drunk but thats for the LEOs to determine.
My hope here is two idiots, each with their lights off hit each other... because... they couldn't see each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post

Negatory ghostrider. I don't text often and when I do you'll never be able to tell. I drive on 2 lane roads mostly and when at traffic lights I'm sitting there ready to go yelling GREEN MEANS GO when dumbasses Cant look up. If someone texts me twice in a row I call or tell them to call.
I don't GAF if you believe me or not because were all full of shit motherfuckers occasionally.
Ive been driving over mountain passes drinking coffee and shaving with my cordless razor on summer mornings for years, that and talking on the phone are not that hard. I put my phone on speakerphone most of the time anyway. I used to be a Baker and I could carry on a conversation while rolling out dough and making breads and cakes . I don't chew gum though because it annoys me.
Txting and driving isn't *that* hard... but I set my phone to automatically go in do not disturb mode when driving. Besides, my 6spd manual sports car I drive everyday is more fun on crooked 2 lane highway than fucking facebook and instagram. Must suck for all these losers that drive boring cars
Old 07-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
proriffirole vision
Is this looking through the spaghetti sauce jar and shooting your rifle? What the fuck does this have to do with phones and driving?
Old 07-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 229476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post
Txting and driving isn't *that* hard... but I set my phone to automatically go in do not disturb mode when driving. Besides, my 6spd manual sports car I drive everyday is more fun on crooked 2 lane highway than fucking facebook and instagram. Must suck for all these losers that drive boring cars
I even enjoy driving my f250 with a 6 speed.

I guess we've made cars to boring for most folks with the automatic transmissions and automatic everything else.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 13671
Attached Images

45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2018, 01:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Is this looking through the spaghetti sauce jar and shooting your rifle?

Last edited by CJF; 07-02-2018 at 01:48 PM.
CJF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #81 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Besides, my 6spd manual sports car I drive everyday is more fun on crooked 2 lane highway than fucking facebook and instagram. Must suck for all these losers that drive boring cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
I even enjoy driving my f250 with a 6 speed.

I guess we've made cars to boring for most folks with the automatic transmissions and automatic everything else.
People who drive manuals are better drivers. Or some study someone did said as much. They attributed it to being more involved in the driving process. People do get pretty fucking lazy when everything is automated and they only have to use one hand and one foot to do it.

I personally love driving my old 4 speed truck except for that fucked up 4th gear synchro. Been floating that shift for some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
but it's perfectly fine for the police to text/call/use a fucking computer while cruising down the road at 20 mph over the speed limit.....

because they have training.
Hardly a day goes by that I don't see it. Hell, it's hard to spot a cop on the road who isn't pecking away on his little console mounted laptop.
east_beast is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 217248
There's a fairly simple solution for all this.
I've proposed it to legislators but because i'm not a big donor, they have no reason to listen.

Right now, if you hit someone from behind, it's your fault. This is 50-state consistent. They stop hard and you hit them? The law says you were following too close. No debate. No discussion. Your fault. Everyone knows it.

We record to the 1/100th of a second just when and how long a person is on the phone, when they text, etc. Easy. If your phone is being used when you get in a wreck, it's your fault. No exceptions.

Used by a passenger you say? Tough. You as the driver should put it away.
Used for something "important" you say? Tough. Shoulda pulled over... or have your passenger make the call.
Could be abused, you say? Yes it could. But so can running into someone from behind.

Anyway, if it matters, it could be stopped. Just right now, it doesn't much seem to matter except in otherwise Communist states that don't allow anything, anyway.

muadib
muadib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #84 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101113
Send a message via AIM to dethmachinefab
I got hit about a year ago while i was doing some work down in florida. Customer was driving and i in the passenger seat on our way to get some hydraulic fittings. 2 lane each direction major road and some old shitbox car makes a left turn from the right shoulder right into us. She was on the phone during and after the wreck. She was a tweaker or burnt pill head i believe as well. Customers wife pulls up and this lady gets into customers wifes car, and goes oh i thought this was my husbands car. At this point i realize this girl is batshit. So we are out on the sidewalk waiting for cops to do their bs. I look back twards the our open car door and peek in and say "Where is the snake? Don't tell me the snake got out holy fuck" I pretend to look for it and have the crazy girl freaking out thinking its gotten in her car. Cops not as amused.

For some reason its much easier for me to text while riding a motorcycle than anything else. I agree alot of new cars are disconected from the driving experience. Loud, gear shifting, and dodging giant potholes makes it hard to use a phone in my flatbed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in