Buying land that's not for sale - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #51 (permalink)
TR
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 2877
A neighbors daughters came by the other day and let me know my neighbor isn't doing very well and they need to sell the property that boarders mine. It's 6.7 acres and the county's tax assessment is $51k. The daughter said they want to sell it for $65k but realize $60k is more realistic. I believe $45k is more realistic if it's tax assessment is only $51k. What say the pbb?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR View Post
A neighbors daughters came by the other day and let me know my neighbor isn't doing very well and they need to sell the property that boarders mine. It's 6.7 acres and the county's tax assessment is $51k. The daughter said they want to sell it for $65k but realize $60k is more realistic. I believe $45k is more realistic if it's tax assessment is only $51k. What say the pbb?
When was the land last sold? When was it last re-assessed?

Aaron Z
aczlan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #53 (permalink)
TR
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 2877
Last transferred between family members (same last name) had no price listed in 2006
Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 29527
Quote:
The daughter said they want to sell it for $65k but realize $60k is more realistic. I believe $45k is more realistic if it's tax assessment is only $51k. What say the pbb?
I believe more than 51K would be realistic, because I assume the property is desirable to you because its adjacent to your existing property, which is probly why they offered it to you first. They'd be stupid to take any kind of low-ball price without at least trying it on the open market for a little while.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
The relationship between assessment and true market value is differnt in each location. Some are crazy low and some are high and some right on. It all depends on your county. You should compare your house to its assessment to get a ratio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #56 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
They'd be stupid to take any kind of low-ball price without at least trying it on the open market for a little while.
You do understand that 50% of the voters chose Hillary. My point is there are a lot of stupid people out there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #57 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
The relationship between assessment and true market value is differnt in each location. Some are crazy low and some are high and some right on. It all depends on your county. You should compare your house to its assessment to get a ratio.
This. My parrents house is/was assessed at 18k. It's worth 650+

My current place I bought for the old assesd value of 250 and they imediatly re-assesd ot for 605
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 133589
Yeah I’d just buy them, that way you ain’t gotta’ deal with people like that anymore.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
TR
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 2877
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
I assume the property is desirable to you because its adjacent to your existing property, which is probably why they offered it to you first.
Second or third but yes it is desirable to me due to it being connecting to mine. My tax assessment on my 7.5 acres and house is $154k and recently appraised at $184k after rebuilding the house. Based on that I came up with around $55k so I guess I should start at that vs $50k or $45k
Old 07-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 29527
Quote:
My tax assessment on my 7.5 acres and house is $154k and recently appraised at $184k
Fucking hell Zillow thinks mine is worth about 375K, and it's on a 1/4 acre
Old 07-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
What are the comps? Not fucking Zillow, but legitimate comps a legitimate licensed appraiser would use and a bank would accept.

Last edited by Grumpy356; 07-20-2018 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Grumpy356 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
What are the comps? Not fucking Zillow, but legitsmate comps a legitimate licensed appraiser would use and a bank would accept.
Good point. Talk to an appraiser (or look at recent sales yourself) and see what they are running.

Aaron Z
aczlan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in