CA - Meadows Fire - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 3975
CA - Meadows Fire

CA-SQF-MEADOWS

Name MEADOWS
Centroid
popupinfo
ID 102664
Symbol Type NewIrwinOnly
Incident Name MEADOWS
Incident # 2018-CASQF-001958
Incident Size (Acres)
% Contained
Complexity
Mgmt Organization
Sit-209 Report Date
Sit-209 Report Status
Incident Category WF
Incident Kind FI
Current Est Cost
Cause
Total Personnel
Discovery Date ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018‎ ‎9‎:‎36‎:‎00‎ ‎AM
Dispatch Center
Local ID 001958
County Tulare
Land Owner Federal
Last Update ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018‎ ‎9‎:‎38‎:‎39‎ ‎AM
Updated By wfdss

SOURCE
LYIN' KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Cool link. What's with all the individual fire threads?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
CJF

Member # 41971
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
Cool link. What's with all the individual fire threads?
No shit. OP: Please just start one consolidated thread that you can update. Getting a little out of hand...
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
I like the different threads, each fire can go on for weeks and it's a PITA to sift through one thread for a fire you are watching.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haulin the Groceries AND Haulin the MAIL
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
I like the different threads, each fire can go on for weeks and it's a PITA to sift through one thread for a fire you are watching.
Agree.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Makes sense.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
I tried the single post method, it doesn't work.

A separate sub-forum of "Land Use" would work.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
I don't think the post sallys would complain if it were in the Norcal section - but then they would have to step out of chit chat to go find them.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 62884
put them in the Nocal/Socal to begin with

then if they become established fires start them in the General Chit Chat

nothing will make everyone happy.

I do find it odd, that the largest fire in California history doesn't even have its own thread.
it is just riding on the back of the Carr fire

Last edited by WLDWUN; 08-06-2018 at 02:05 PM.
WLDWUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 3975
I've decided not to waste my time providing public service notifications.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
I don't know why you even pay attention to those assholes. That's what wrong with this world Bob, punks get what they want by whining about it.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 3975
Quote:
I don't know why you even pay attention to those assholes. That's what wrong with this world Bob, punks get what they want by whining about it.
Thank you Bebe but I have better things to do with my time than deal with the masses of assess antifa group think called "shit-chat"!

There are grown ass Men who "lynch lurk" there! Punks that they may be, they are of our generation!!

I don't need that crap from them or the younger crowd while attempting to provide a public service to others for no reason other than to hopefully help folks avoid what my Wife and I have gone through the last three years post fire.

How's life in Dayton? Did you find a place that's fire/flood and mud slide proof? We want to move to NV so we're close to our 50 year long haunts (CA & NV) but thus far the perfect place meeting the aforementioned criterion has not presented itself.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Punks? Grown men? Do you consider yourself one with all this pussy whining? All I ever said was that it was too many threads and that it was basically spam pushing active threads to the bottom. Just make one post and then edit the first post with updated info for the various fires. A thread per fire is just silly and most dropped off the front page before you ever threw your little tantrum. It's not a bad thing, just a stupid way to go about it. It's interesting stuff to post as far as news but honestly, if anyone has a house in these areas that are looking to Pirate to tell them when they need to get the fuck out, they are fucking retarded. You and they both would be time and frustration ahead to just post links to wherever you are getting your up to date info and let them monitor it themselves rather than rely on it being posted here in a timely manner, especially since you gave up once your panties got in a bind. Take criticism for what it is and stop being such a wuss.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYIN' KING View Post
How's life in Dayton? Did you find a place that's fire/flood and mud slide proof? We want to move to NV so we're close to our 50 year long haunts (CA & NV) but thus far the perfect place meeting the aforementioned criterion has not presented itself.
We couldn't be happier, sagebrush fires are so much slower - they don't crown and they don't run. We've had 2 fires here an both stayed around 100 acres. Close enough to the river in our backyard but high enough elevation we are out of the FEMA flood zone. Mountains all around us at 7-9K feet, great views and sunsets. Lots of riding and the weather is pretty mild even compared to Auburn. 2.5 hrs from Robbs Valley and we have to go through Tahoe to get there. Can't complain.

Except about the smoke from California!

Old 08-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Punks? Grown men? Do you consider yourself one with all this pussy whining? All I ever said was that it was too many threads and that it was basically spam pushing active threads to the bottom. Just make one post and then edit the first post with updated info for the various fires. A thread per fire is just silly and most dropped off the front page before you ever threw your little tantrum. It's not a bad thing, just a stupid way to go about it. It's interesting stuff to post as far as news but honestly, if anyone has a house in these areas that are looking to Pirate to tell them when they need to get the fuck out, they are fucking retarded. You and they both would be time and frustration ahead to just post links to wherever you are getting your up to date info and let them monitor it themselves rather than rely on it being posted here in a timely manner, especially since you gave up once your panties got in a bind. Take criticism for what it is and stop being such a wuss.
shhh!

Pirate and these post were a valuable resource to us during the last few years of fires King, Butte, Valley Etc. We were able to keep tabs on the fires and provide really cool information from Jelfs maps to the Wildland Fire Hot list (now sadly defunct), Yubanet fires, inciweb etc to our families and friends who were anxiously waiting to hear if they were evacuating or staying put. No one waited for Pirate to tell them to get out.

It just so happened there have been 7-8 fires starting in the last few days. Many of us who live(d) on the east side of California deal with this every summer. If you're not from here you won't understand.

Fire season is just starting - so sit back, scoll and don't click on those firelinks unless they are in your area.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Again, fine. I never said sharing information was stupid, just the way it was done. Put it all in one thread like it was before and update it accordingly. Everyone will be in one thread and can discuss whatever they need to and all the info is in one place where everyone can keep track of it.

And remind me when hurricane and flood season hits out here and people are having their homes and everything they own washed away ,to tell you how you wouldn't understand because you aren't from around here.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 62884
Quote:
We couldn't be happier, sagebrush fires are so much slower - they don't crown and they don't run. We've had 2 fires here an both stayed around 100 acres.
Um... you may want to look at what a sagebrush fire really can do.
they move extremely fast in windy conditions.

Martin fire last month in Nevada covered 50 miles in 4 days
by the 5th day is was 435,000 acres
Old 08-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLDWUN View Post
Um... you may want to look at what a sagebrush fire really can do.
they move extremely fast in windy conditions.

Martin fire last month in Nevada covered 50 miles in 4 days
by the 5th day is was 435,000 acres
Wow - OK.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17947
Send a message via AIM to jaluhn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
Put it all in one thread like it was before and update it accordingly. Everyone will be in one thread and can discuss whatever they need to and all the info is in one place where everyone can keep track of it.
Or maybe you can just suck it up and look at page 2 for a change? The OP has posted good reasons for doing what he's doing, and there's been several folks agreeing and saying it make sense to them. Good enough for me.

Your argument on the the hand is basically 'WHAAAA, my thread isn't on page 1 and I have to click on another button" Chill the f out. Guy's trying to be helpful. Heck, you could just put him on ignore and it would probably hide all those awful eyesore threads you're bent out of shape over...
jaluhn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in