Pretty Sure You're the Only One? - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #226 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22748
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
I know what you mean, but first mental image was a minivan getting after it
That's pretty much what happened, We got to do some hot laps as part of a season ticket holder appreciation day, minivan was all I had in the stable at the time.
Was pretty damn fun.

R.I.P. Jason
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GREAT SPIRITS HAVE ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS
-ALBERT EINSTEIN-
#472tellico rally

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/URL][/COLOR]KJ6IYH
surpip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #227 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by surpip View Post
That's pretty much what happened, We got to do some hot laps as part of a season ticket holder appreciation day, minivan was all I had in the stable at the time.
Was pretty damn fun.
WAIT WUT.

I was thinking you really meant one of these

Old 08-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #228 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:
WAIT WUT.

Fuck I got drug through the same thoughts!!!
Hahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #229 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Member # 297130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
Do locals hunt and eat Kangaroo regularly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
It's on the menu at restaurants.
Yeah it's kind of what I imagine you guys do with deer, it's not overly popular, but it's good eating.
Shooting roos is illegal, but everyone does it... so I'm told
Unroadworthy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 06:52 AM   #230 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22748
Quote:
WAIT WUT.

Nope, but damn, Iíve wanted one of those for soooooo long.

R.I.P. Jason

GREAT SPIRITS HAVE ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS
-ALBERT EINSTEIN-
#472tellico rally

[/URL][/COLOR]KJ6IYH
surpip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 07:05 AM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 156941
Set a record at a local hospital for the highest conscious blood sugar when I was 12, still stands 27 years later. Decided I didnít want to be diabetic anymore (had only been diagnosed 2 years earlier, but it seemed like forever at the time), it didnít work out so well for me.
Crankylove is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 07:10 AM   #232 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5943
Location: Southeastern MN. (formerly near Chicago, I've ESCAPED!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankylove View Post
Set a record at a local hospital for the highest conscious blood sugar when I was 12, still stands 27 years later. Decided I didnít want to be diabetic anymore (had only been diagnosed 2 years earlier, but it seemed like forever at the time), it didnít work out so well for me.
I gotta ask.... how high did you spike?

I self-recovered from a crash down to 37. I needed help from a crash to 28, though, the g/f decided she wasn't going to cash in on my life insurance.
ChiXJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 01:05 PM   #233 (permalink)

Member # 156941
Quote:

Was still conscious, but could barely see, walked like Iíd just drained a quart of rum, and looked like shit. Was so dehydrated, the nurses had to steal some butterflyís from the NICU to get fluids started until my veins plumped enough for some big bore IVís in arterial compression sets could go in.

Gained 32 lbs in about 14 hours, and didnít piss for about 20 hours after the fluids started going in.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #234 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:

Was still conscious, but could barely see, walked like Iíd just drained a quart of rum, and looked like shit. Was so dehydrated, the nurses had to steal some butterflyís from the NICU to get fluids started until my veins plumped enough for some big bore IVís in arterial compression sets could go in.

Gained 32 lbs in about 14 hours, and didnít piss for about 20 hours after the fluids started going in.
That's impressive
Old 08-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #235 (permalink)

Member # 677889
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
I was the driver in at least 5 chases, 2 on motorcycles, LEO chasing me. I was only caught one time because I wrecked, with 8 patrol cars behind me.
Maybe not common, but outran a few by accident... And a couple on purpose.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #236 (permalink)

Member # 156941
Quote:
That's impressive
Thatís what I thought at the time.

Knowing (and caring) more about my diabetes now (29 years and counting), I realize how lucky I was not to have permanent damage to my eyes, heart, kidneys, and brain.

I tried to pretend I didnít have diabetes for a few more years after that, and I really regret it now. Starting to have some complicates now, that while they arenít life threatening, they will never go away, and only get worse as time goes by. Scares the shit out of me that I may not be around, or at least healthy enough, to be there for my kids or grandkids because of the stupid shit I did 25 years ago.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #237 (permalink)

Member # 138229
A couple from back in the touring days, ill keep to the legal ones.

- Spent 6 years on the road as a monitor engineer for John Fogerty traveling the world over hundreds of shows. No one called me by my name the first couple months, I was just known at 14. The 14th monitor engineer that had been out in the last 18 months leading to my start, managed to outlast most of the crew and band until I wanted to get off the road.

- Smoked some weed with Willie Nelson and Jeff Bridges (not at the same time, that would have been a moment).

- Spent New Years at the Kremlin in Moscow with Putin.
Build Thread:

[QUOTE=PDR John;15357258]I can only offer life advise.

From now on if it flies, fucks or floats rent it.[/QUOTE]
sbarnesvta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #238 (permalink)

Member # 207522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiXJeff View Post

I self-recovered from a crash down to 37. I needed help from a crash to 28, though, the g/f decided she wasn't going to cash in on my life insurance.
I'm not diabetic, but I was feeling really sick for a few days when I was 14, went to the doctor, they checked my blood sugar, and was at 34, so I got tested, and came back negative, but I remember the doctor came back in the room freaking out cause they thought I was going to crash or something.
Diesel_Zuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 PM   #239 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnesvta View Post
- Spent 6 years on the road as a monitor engineer for John Fogerty traveling the world over hundreds of shows. No one called me by my name the first couple months, I was just known at 14. The 14th monitor engineer that had been out in the last 18 months leading to my start, managed to outlast most of the crew and band until I wanted to get off the road.
Still have to change the compression driver diaphragms every other show...or was that Dwight Yoakam?

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 05:42 PM   #240 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnesvta View Post

- Smoked some weed with Willie Nelson
That makes 2 of us here so far, haha.
2big bronco is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #241 (permalink)

Member # 169176
I broke the fiber optic line that was the up link to the international space station from NASA for communication. It was in unmarked running under an asphalt parking lot about 24Ē below grade. Once we hit it we called to have it verified and was told since it wasnít marked it was dead.

Not 20 minutes after breaking it a black helicopter flew over us very low, circled and then landed near by. Guys climb out, fully armed with attitudes wanting to know what we were doing. I was working on county property so we didnít need permits. They told us to back away and remove our equipment.

Within an hour they had built a fully air conditioned tent over the area, guarded it, and worked to repair it 24 hours a day for about 2 weeks.

Turned out the government bored the line with out telling anyone and got a little shallow under the parking lot. Was told they abandone the line after it was discovered. Was also told it was 1 of 2 communication lines for the ISS at the time, 2005ish. Black helicopters do exists
acm05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 PM   #242 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5943
Location: Southeastern MN. (formerly near Chicago, I've ESCAPED!)
Quote:

Wow. That's pretty impressive. That's a record I absolutely zero desire to get anywhere near.
ChiXJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #243 (permalink)

Member # 841585
Driving down a forest service road on a hot august day with my brother road hunting to the spot we where headed to and i am watching up the hill on my side. As i pan my view across some trees along the road it looks like this 2ft in diameter pine tree is moving. Then i realize it was falling. All i could manage to say was holy shit. Brother thought id seen a buck and slammed on the brakes. Tree landed on his brush gaurd.if he had not hit the brakes just how he did i am sure it wouldve hit the cab at the doors totaling the truck and maybe squishing us.
While out listening for turkeys one evening, i was parked in a dirt intersection in a doorless and windowless toyota. After about 5min of sitting there i seen something come out of a jungle of thick 8ft manzanita and into the dirt road. It was about 80yds away. I watched it for about a minute as it slowly came towords me on the road. My original thought was it was a small bear. As it got closer i noticed it wasnt walking right. At about the 40 yd mark i knew somethong wasnt right with this thing.
This thing seriusly didnt have any joints in its back legs. It was half peg legging and half dragging itself up the road. To top it off one of this thigs front legs are way longer than the back legs. So hes almost in a sitting position while walking. At about the 20yd Mark i get a good look at this thing. Nasty looking hunch back, its face look liked a wolf and bear got it on and created this abortion. To top it off it had grey almost white eyes thing looked like something out of a old horror movie.
At this point i snap out of my trance and decide i have had enough of this creature. As i shifted in my seat to get the truck started it stopped walking and turned his ear towards me. As the motor turned over he started moving towards me at as fast a pace as he could crawl. Truck screaming in first gear decided i was running him over. He veered to the right to go across a ditch and avoid my truck. And promptly tripped and ate shit i . I missed him so i backed up to give it another go and he collected himself and got into the manzanita about 10ft and just stood there watching out of harms way. Only about 3 miles from home i went as fast as a clapped out toyota could go. Got home grabbed a gun and swung by my brothers who was standing outside told him it was a emergency and to get in. Hauling ass back out there i gave him the rundown on what had happened.
Yep he thought i was batshit crazy. Get out there of course its gone. But this things tracks are plain as day in the road. Tracks kinda look like a bear but not really but the drag/stumble marks he cant explain. Im about as normal as anyone else, dont really believe in aliens or bigfoot, wasnt doing drugs or drinking wasnt dark it was the only thing i have ever seen in my life i have no explanation for. I am sure it was blind by the way it acted and it was like a bear so my only explanation was it was a deformed bear that had made it for a year or 2 on its own somehow. Didnt hunt out there for years and just started hunting area again but only with another person. Yup sounds totaly fake but i know what i seen and think i was the only one to have ever seen it.
Purpledecember is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #244 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledecember View Post
While out listening for turkeys one evening, i was parked in a dirt intersection in a doorless and windowless toyota.
That's the most confusing part of this story... How did you get in it? How did you see out?

Edit, wait, it didn't have the doors on it, or glass in the windows... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh.

Last edited by DirtyComanche; 08-30-2018 at 09:17 PM.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2018, 05:39 AM   #245 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
That's the most confusing part of this story... How did you get in it? How did you see out?
Killyota?
Old 08-31-2018, 01:12 PM   #246 (permalink)
EMT

Member # 69553
Back in the 80's i set off a perimeter alarm to a nuclear missile silo. Had armed men and helicopters show up in a matter of minutes. The fence was next to the wheat field i was cutting and i guess the straw from the straw choppers hit the fence and set off their alarms. Thats what my boss told me,he was the one that got to talk to them. I saw all the commotion but just kept cutting.
EMT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #247 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledecember View Post
Driving down a forest service road on a hot august day with my brother road hunting to the spot we where headed to and i am watching up the hill on my side. As i pan my view across some trees along the road it looks like this 2ft in diameter pine tree is moving. Then i realize it was falling. All i could manage to say was holy shit. Brother thought id seen a buck and slammed on the brakes. Tree landed on his brush gaurd.if he had not hit the brakes just how he did i am sure it wouldve hit the cab at the doors totaling the truck and maybe squishing us.
While out listening for turkeys one evening, i was parked in a dirt intersection in a doorless and windowless toyota. After about 5min of sitting there i seen something come out of a jungle of thick 8ft manzanita and into the dirt road. It was about 80yds away. I watched it for about a minute as it slowly came towords me on the road. My original thought was it was a small bear. As it got closer i noticed it wasnt walking right. At about the 40 yd mark i knew somethong wasnt right with this thing.
This thing seriusly didnt have any joints in its back legs. It was half peg legging and half dragging itself up the road. To top it off one of this thigs front legs are way longer than the back legs. So hes almost in a sitting position while walking. At about the 20yd Mark i get a good look at this thing. Nasty looking hunch back, its face look liked a wolf and bear got it on and created this abortion. To top it off it had grey almost white eyes thing looked like something out of a old horror movie.
At this point i snap out of my trance and decide i have had enough of this creature. As i shifted in my seat to get the truck started it stopped walking and turned his ear towards me. As the motor turned over he started moving towards me at as fast a pace as he could crawl. Truck screaming in first gear decided i was running him over. He veered to the right to go across a ditch and avoid my truck. And promptly tripped and ate shit i . I missed him so i backed up to give it another go and he collected himself and got into the manzanita about 10ft and just stood there watching out of harms way. Only about 3 miles from home i went as fast as a clapped out toyota could go. Got home grabbed a gun and swung by my brothers who was standing outside told him it was a emergency and to get in. Hauling ass back out there i gave him the rundown on what had happened.
Yep he thought i was batshit crazy. Get out there of course its gone. But this things tracks are plain as day in the road. Tracks kinda look like a bear but not really but the drag/stumble marks he cant explain. Im about as normal as anyone else, dont really believe in aliens or bigfoot, wasnt doing drugs or drinking wasnt dark it was the only thing i have ever seen in my life i have no explanation for. I am sure it was blind by the way it acted and it was like a bear so my only explanation was it was a deformed bear that had made it for a year or 2 on its own somehow. Didnt hunt out there for years and just started hunting area again but only with another person. Yup sounds totaly fake but i know what i seen and think i was the only one to have ever seen it.
Belongs here https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...in-hiking.html

or here https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...iking-etc.html
Old 08-31-2018, 01:49 PM   #248 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Killyota?
I was thinking more along the lines of being a homoerotic mobile BDSM dungeon, being that it was a Toyota. But seriously, it had me confused.

DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2018, 01:50 PM   #249 (permalink)

Member # 128588
Send a message via AIM to 86chevyjoe
Hunted wild boars in CA with Kevin Duckworth - still have the autographed poster with him, his rottweiler, and 90s fullsize bronco on 40" mickey thompsons
Old 08-31-2018, 06:45 PM   #250 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Asked my gf's plastic surgeon if I could have her old breast implants when she got them taken out for new ones 4 months ago. He said no problem and sent me home with a doggie bag of titties as they wheeled her drugged up ass out to my truck.....

They are currently sitting on my desk in my office. I use them as stress balls

Last edited by ADD; 08-31-2018 at 06:46 PM.
ADD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in