lemon law success - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Oh Jesus Tits....

Member # 17554
new 5.0s make about the same power as a late 5.9 that Dodge sold 15 years ago. There's so many better diesels on the market and I bet that Titan doesn't ride any better than a coil sprung Ram 2500.

That, and they're ugly.

I've been a Nissan guy for years. The only one I still own is my 370Z, and while I love the car, even that has gremlins. Renault ruined Nissan completely.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-RAT View Post
new 5.0s make about the same power as a late 5.9 that Dodge sold 15 years ago. There's so many better diesels on the market and I bet that Titan doesn't ride any better than a coil sprung Ram 2500.
My 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel makes 240hp and 420 torques from 3.0l at about 17lbs of boost.

The 2000 F250 SD PSD made 250hp and 505 lb ft of torque from 7.3l and about the same amount of boost, (IIRC).

It's pretty amazing what they can get out of small engines these days. A buddy had a Datsun 510 and it had just about every hot part you could get for it, 48mm DCOE's, SSS head, whatever cam, header, etc., and it could barely crack 200hp. Now you've got Camaro's with a 275hp turbo 2.0l 4.

About the time engines get really good, everyone is going to switch to electric.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 95131
I was looking at nearly new used pickups a year or two ago. I heard good things about the XD from a friend who had spent a lot of time in the prototypes. Used, the XD diesels were 15-20 thousand more than used Dodge Eco-diesels. The XD was drastically slower, and got drastically worse fuel economy. The XD was also extremely ugly, and seemed awkward, like a 14 yr old ugly girl who just sprouted up huge tits. Used XD's were almost the same price as new too.

I bought neither.
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 6156
finally got the repurchase offer from nissan today. their math was all f'd up and they want me to pay them 8k to get out of it. not happening.

strangely, though, they are offering to cut me a 5k check for the "inconvenience" if i keep the truck. i asked for a copy of the fine print.

i'm going to make sure they get their math right and decide from there. by my math they owe me about 3k to buy the truck back, so it's either get out from under it + 3k or keep it and pocket 5. won't be able to lemon it again, but the warranty is still good and the original dealer added on a free lifetime drivetrain warranty ($100 deductible)..

i've put about 1k on it since the last "repair" and the issue hasn't arisen again. hard decision.

69 Bronco
04 Yukon Denali (beater)
18 Ram 2500
16 4Runner Trail
15 Can Am Commander XT-P
indulf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 105362
Make sure they get the math right. I lemoned a Focus and it took 5 months of back and forth with the spreadsheets to explain to them how make 2+2=4. Funny how those number always seem to work out in their favor the first time around. First offer they wanted $5k from me to finish it all out. Several "offers" later and I got $2k back to me after dropping the car off at the dealer. They employ outside firms staffed with window lickers for a reason, to brow beat the complainers into submission.

Mileage also locks in at the date that the vehicle defect form was submitted, so in those 5 months, I put another 7000 miles on the car for free, if you consider free to be several more trips to the dealer trying to diagnose the same problem over and over again...

Good luck.
krugford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 700186
I didn't quite make the lemon law. I forget what part I was outside of but something didn't make it. So I sued VW. I won. It was a lot of work but worth it. I got all the money I put in back out. Very troublesome though.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 101927
Quote:
Originally Posted by indulf View Post
finally got the repurchase offer from nissan today. their math was all f'd up and they want me to pay them 8k to get out of it. not happening.

strangely, though, they are offering to cut me a 5k check for the "inconvenience" if i keep the truck. i asked for a copy of the fine print.

i'm going to make sure they get their math right and decide from there. by my math they owe me about 3k to buy the truck back, so it's either get out from under it + 3k or keep it and pocket 5. won't be able to lemon it again, but the warranty is still good and the original dealer added on a free lifetime drivetrain warranty ($100 deductible)..

i've put about 1k on it since the last "repair" and the issue hasn't arisen again. hard decision.
Id take the money and run fast
samy crawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 700186
Quote:
Originally Posted by indulf View Post

How do you sit if you took the 5K and traded it back in?
Old 09-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 17311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Yeah, on a new one!

Or sell it third party and get a real truck?
Old 09-04-2018, 08:37 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 700186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue-Ball View Post
Yeah, on a new one!

Or sell it third party and get a real truck?
I meant trade in on a different truck.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Sometimes I get the new truck itch, after reading this
I'll keep topping off my 210k 5.3 with tap water
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
fucking awful.. trading to them or anyone else. certainly not doing that.

69 Bronco
04 Yukon Denali (beater)
18 Ram 2500
16 4Runner Trail
15 Can Am Commander XT-P
indulf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 108445
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
Sometimes I get the new truck itch, after reading this
I'll keep topping off my 210k 5.3 with tap water
Yeah, until you get that first rock chip, or door ding. I love not caring.
rocket flier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 64554
FWIW, lemon laws vary by state. If you are lemon law eligible do not deal with the dealership until you have the buy back completed. What is common is that dealerships will try to trick you out of the vehicle with a shitty buy back offer so they don't end up with a lemon on their lot. Most lemon law states require a disclosure on selling the lemon law vehicle to anyone else if it is actually lemon lawed. They try to avoid that like the plague. Some of them also look at it as an opportunity to sell you another vehicle and fuck that puss while it's still gaping from the last one they sold you.

Most states attorney generals have lemon law info for the state on their website for download. We turned ours in under AR law. That had two options for qualifications one was number of days in the shop total over a certain time frame and another was number of trips to the shop over a time period. We had on 05 Grand with an electrical gremlin in the transmission. For the first 6 months we owned it I think my wife had driven maybe 3 weeks total. Dealership tried to buy it back and fuck us in the process. We filed lemon law paperwork and a mediator called us up heard our issues and looked at our documentation. Listened to the dealership's side and came to a decision and followed up with the final purchase.

They had to give us full sticker credit for the 05 with no mileage reduction and we got to purchase at full sticker anything on the lot and get credit for any incentives. Our 05 was a limited that stickered for around 42K and we chose an 06 overland that stickered for around 45K, we got 3K military bonus and zero percent financing. So we got a year newer vehicle with an upgraded trim level for the same money we had in the old one except we went from 2.5% to 0% financing. The offer the dealer made telling us it was a lemon law buyback was to give us purchase price on the 05 (around 34K) and we pay sticker on an 06. The dealer would have been able to sell that turd to some unsuspecting people and we would have paid a shit ton more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in