Kavanaugh’s accuser goes public or comes out of the closet - Page 44 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #1076 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
They also did one on Maxine Waters (Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water parody):

One on Illegal Immigrants/Build the wall:

And one on ISIS (Ice Ice Baby parody):

Aaron Z
aczlan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #1077 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
This sums up my feeelings about the whole Kavanaugh Ford deal.
Attached Images

Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 07:13 AM   #1078 (permalink)

Member # 198851
I really don't believe Kavenaugh is the right person for the job and it's got nothing to do whit the sexual accusations..
ADChevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 07:19 AM   #1079 (permalink)

Member # 16468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
I really don't believe Kavenaugh is the right person for the job and it's got nothing to do whit the sexual accusations..
Agree. Gorsuch was a home run. Kavanaugh is someone Jeb Bush would have nominated.

I'm not convinced he's not going to become another Roberts.

Last edited by Mikel; 10-04-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #1080 (permalink)

Member # 7412
Quote:
and what makes you say that?
Old 10-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #1081 (permalink)

Member # 95025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post

Awesome!

President Trump on building the wall:
"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!!! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!!! THIS IS WHERE THEY'RE DEPORTED!!!"

V.P.Pence:
BUILD THIS WALL, BOYS!!!

Fearless Indians:
Awe-Ooo!!!
CDA 455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #1082 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunracer1 View Post
and what makes you say that?
possibly his horrible record on the 4th???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #1083 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
That is fine. He wasn't who I would have picked either, but he's far from the worst.

He still doesn't deserve to be put through this ridiculous witch hunt. It's a sad state of affairs when people are trying to fabricate stories of sexual assault etc. to validate their negative feelings about the man, his beliefs, or both. It's ok to dislike him based on actual merit.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #1084 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
You mean that is had stairs and a hallway? Yeah, I'm sure they will crack that one.
part of that was the focus on what house kavanaugh said he was at, according to his calander. if the homes that fit her several week timeline are not 'between her home and the club' and do not have 'stairways' then there ya go

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #1085 (permalink)

Member # 121794
I hope his next pick is Amy Coney Barrett.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:37 AM   #1086 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
That is fine. He wasn't who I would have picked either, but he's far from the worst.

He still doesn't deserve to be put through this ridiculous witch hunt. It's a sad state of affairs when people are trying to fabricate stories of sexual assault etc. to validate their negative feelings about the man, his beliefs, or both. It's ok to dislike him based on actual merit.
I agree with that.

the fact that now there are complaints on the dem side that "there is only one document and we can't take notes" is absurd. Somebody tell them that this is how to prevent leaks when your source requests confidentiality

along with "they didn't even interview Ford or Kavanaugh".....goes back to they were both directly interviewed by the senate for hours. hours, free reign, ask away. so yeah, it will be curious what happens Friday.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #1087 (permalink)

Member # 7412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
I have never heard anything horrible about his record. can you fill me in on where he veered off from the law?
Old 10-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #1088 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Quote:
Yes...
Old 10-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #1089 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
I have never heard anything horrible about his record. can you fill me in on where he veered off from the law?
I'd tell you, but then some spooks working under the patriot act would give me a free tour of gitmo for un-numbered years

Last edited by Provience; 10-04-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:31 AM   #1090 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Random return on google search of "Kavanaugh 4th amendment"

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...nt-should-make

We can all agree that the debate over Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court has been especially partisan. Democrats reflexively oppose anything emanating from the Trump White House. But Republicans and libertarians are raising the alarm about one aspect of Kavanaugh’s record: his views on Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure and on privacy rights more generally.

Representative Justin Amash (R-MI) has opposed Kavanaugh as too deferential to the executive branch’s unwarranted collection of electronic data. Similarly Larry Klayman, longtime Clinton legal nemesis and the founder of the conservative group Judicial Watch, took issue with Kavanaugh’s opinion in a case about government bulk collection of metadata, Klayman v. Obama.

Kavanaugh’s nomination for a lifetime seat on the Supreme Court raises troubling concerns about our right to be free of unwarranted government oversight in an age of expanding capacity to engage in surveillance without our knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Klayman case was a challenge to the federal government’s “bulk data collection” program begun under the Bush Administration. Under that program, the government collected telephone “metadata,” such as information on numbers dialed and how long phone calls lasted, on numerous individuals without a warrant, and deposited it into a database. The FBI could then probe that database with approval by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court. A federal district judge issued a preliminary injunction against the program in both 2013 and 2015, finding that the program improperly collected metadata on people not suspected of any crime. After the 2015 injunction was stayed on appeal by a three-judge panel, Judge Kavanaugh had the chance to state his views in no uncertain terms.

While the full D.C. Circuit declined to review the stay order, in his concurring opinion Kavanaugh went out of his way to assert that the metadata program was “entirely consistent with the Fourth Amendment.” Even in the absence of full briefing, Kavanaugh concluded that the alleged “critical national security need” for the program “outweighs the impact on privacy.”

Not only did the panel and the lower court find cause to enjoin the program, at least one appellate court ruled the metadata collection to be illegal. Reason magazine’s Jacob Sullum noted that the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board contradicted Judge Kavanaugh’s claim that the program was important to “preventing terrorist attacks”, saying they were aware of “no instance” where the program had such an effect.

But a Republican privacy advocate doesn’t have to hate the metadata program to be concerned about Kavanaugh’s record on the Fourth Amendment. In United States v. Jones in 2010, another three-judge panel ruled that the government’s use of a global positioning system (GPS) device to track the movements of an individual for four weeks without a warrant violated the Fourth Amendment rule against unreasonable search and seizure. The decision was hailed by conservative privacy advocates. But Kavanaugh dissented against the decision not to rehear the case. He saw no difference between short-term police monitoring and a month-long collection of location data without a warrant. But the Supreme Court upheld the D.C. Circuit unanimously (though split over the rationale), with some conservatives relying in part on the lengthy aggregation of data as a basis for the ruling.

In his recent answer to the Senate Judiciary Committee’s questionnaire, Kavanaugh claimed that he was simply suggesting a property-based rationale for the DC Circuit’s holding, which was ultimately adopted by the Supreme Court. While he did raise the property-based rationale in his dissent, Kavanaugh clearly disagreed with both the DC Circuit and the Supreme Court as to scope of an individual’s reasonable expectation of privacy. This is the critical factor today as courts across the country are applying traditional privacy standards to new online and electronic environments.

Two other Kavanaugh Fourth Amendment dissents should also raise alarms about his privacy views. In United States v. Askew, the full D.C. Circuit, including several conservative Republican appointees such as Janice Rogers Brown, decided that the police violated the Fourth Amendment rights of a suspect by unzipping his jacket to search him without a warrant after a stop and frisk produced no results. Kavanaugh dissented, saying that the action was justified as a reasonable continuation of the stop and frisk and it helped police in showing the robbery suspect to a witness. The majority said there were “no reasonable grounds for believing that the unzipping would establish or negate appellant's identification as the robber in question” and said Kavanaugh’s conclusion was “both contrary to the District Court's factual findings and unsupportable on any plausible reading of the record.”

In National Fed. of Fed. Empl. v. Vilsack, the court invalidated a random drug testing program for US Forest Service employees at Job Corps Civilian Conservation centers. There was “no evidence of any difficulty” in maintaining a zero-drug tolerance regime during the 14 years prior to adoption of the policy, and the primary administrator of the Job Corps, the Department of Labor, had no such policy. The majority criticized Kavanaugh’s vote to uphold the program, noting that he “paints with a broad brush without regard to precedent” on both the D.C. Circuit and the Supreme Court “on the particularity of the Fourth Amendment inquiry” on such drug testing programs.

As America and the world adapt to the era of electronic communications, privacy issues become more complex and Fourth Amendment rights become more critical. Kavanaugh’s record of repeatedly deferring to executive power and narrowing Fourth Amendment rights is out of step with advocates of all ideological stripes who value the fundamental importance of individual privacy. In today’s partisan climate, those on the right will decide the fate of this nominee. For libertarians and other Republicans focused on privacy rights, the question is clear: Will you forsake your commitment to individual privacy rights by approving Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination?

Michael Macleod Ball is President of 627 Consulting, LLC, an advocacy and management advisor to non-profit organizations, and practices law in southern Maine. From 2007 to 2017, he managed ACLU’s federal advocacy office in Washington, and led their lobbying efforts on speech and privacy issues. Follow him on Twitter @MWMacleod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #1091 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Sure you do,, he clerked for Kennedy, a moderate, and Kagen, a liberal, though enough of his legal mind she hired him to teach when she was Dean of Harvard's Law School. If he isn't qualified, then neither is Kagen, she wasn't even ever a Judge, nor is Sotomayer, who by Liberal definition is a sexist and a racist.

Can you enlighten us as to why you believe he doesn't belong on SCOTUS?
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #1092 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
I will take his position on the 2nd over the fourth, you take precautions against searches to remain safe, not so much with owning guns.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:21 PM   #1093 (permalink)

Member # 7412
he is in, its done.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #1094 (permalink)

Member # 198851
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
Sure you do,, he clerked for Kennedy, a moderate, and Kagen, a liberal, though enough of his legal mind she hired him to teach when she was Dean of Harvard's Law School. If he isn't qualified, then neither is Kagen, she wasn't even ever a Judge, nor is Sotomayer, who by Liberal definition is a sexist and a racist.

Can you enlighten us as to why you believe he doesn't belong on SCOTUS?
What Joe W said...My opinion doesn't matter to you so don't pretend it does..
Old 10-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #1095 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Does anyone (besides just a few) think anyone else here gives a shit about their opinion? I know mine carries about as much weight as a parakeet fart in the tornado...but I'm good with that
Old 10-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #1096 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 57779
Don't listen to joeW. His name is boring

World Proof your children, Don't child proof the world
nahmus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #1097 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Sure it does, I wanted to know if you have a non personal reason for not liking him. The fact that your service provider is collecting data on your whereabouts at all is what you should be concerned with, his view on whether or not the gov needs a warrant doesn't change the fact that your activity is being monitored and recorded.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #1098 (permalink)

Member # 152210
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Does anyone (besides just a few) think anyone else here gives a shit about their opinion? I know mine carries about as much weight as a parakeet fart in the tornado...but I'm good with that
I'm interested in other people's opinions. It doesn't mean that they are going to cause any action on my part, but I appreciate the pirate opinion and it registers with me.

I also agree that I'm good with my opinion not having any real weight or consequence for others... it is one of the good things I like about the internet, you get to hear people's inside their head thoughts and share yours without any real responsibility or recourse.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:10 PM   #1099 (permalink)

Member # 112738
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Nothing specific comes to mind, but I know that I have changed my opinion on an issue or two based on reasonable, thought provoking opinions of other members here.
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #1100 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
he is in, its done.
OK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in