Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Kavanaugh’s accuser goes public or comes out of the closet (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2667418)

Landslide 09-17-2018 05:12 AM

Kavanaugh’s accuser goes public or comes out of the closet

Aaaaaaaaaaand whatdoyouknow... she’s a libertard professor at a libertard collage as well as there is a bunch of history with her parents and the Kavanaugh’s. Apparently her parents filed for bankruptcy at one time and a Kavanaugh was a judge at that proceeding.

Plus a witness at the party she’s accusing Kavanaugh of attacking her says it never happened.

Timing of it all stinks as well.

Kavanaugh faces uncertain future after woman accuser breaks silence, Republicans worry in private about midterms

Kavanaugh faces uncertain future after woman accuser breaks silence, Republicans worry in private about midterms | Fox News

IEATRKS84 09-17-2018 05:14 AM

Anita Hill 2.0

U.P. Jeep 09-17-2018 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 (Post 44079754)
Anita Hill 2.0

Yep. Read an article by Jeanine Pirro that laid out the case that the timing is exactly the same as Anita Hill.

Why do I expect to find out in a couple weeks that Christine Ford (or Christine Blasey) never met Kavanaugh when he supposedly harassed her.

Come on, a Psychology professor waits 40 years to say anything? Doesn't say much for what she learned in her psychology classes.

red75bronco 09-17-2018 06:24 AM

If the GOP allows this, the country is done and will be ran right into the ground by the left. It is time for them to man up and call the dems out on all their shit. If they don’t, they will lose elections. Have they not learned anything from Trump. Trump won because he shined light on the cockroaches.

paragon 09-17-2018 06:32 AM

methree

paragon 09-17-2018 06:42 AM

Ford is the author of a private letter sent to California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein alleging that during a party in their high school years, Kavanaugh pushed her into a bedroom, tried to remove her clothes and put his hand over her mouth when she tried to scream. Kavanaugh said in a statement that he "unequivocally" denies the allegation.

After her allegations surfaced over the past week, Ford opted to come forward publicly in an article The Washington Post published Sunday.

white-rhino 09-17-2018 07:10 AM

A couple drunk teenage kids wrestling around on a bed making out and he decides to cop a feel. Has probably happened to 95% of the population.

It's called getting to first base. :smokin:

Rerock 09-17-2018 07:41 AM

40yrs ago at a HS party, really? Any reasonable person would agree that this accusation is a weak stretch at best.

RANGERROD 09-17-2018 07:47 AM

The timing stinks. The letter wasn’t sent to fienstein it was sent to her congressman then given to Feinstein. Feinstein should have brought it up privately to the committee in closed secession.

Only thing I want to see is if her therapists notes back her up from 2012. If they do I believe her.

Buck Wild Racing 09-17-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGERROD (Post 44079898)
The timing stinks. The letter wasn’t sent to fienstein it was sent to her congressman then given to Feinstein. Feinstein should have brought it up privately to the committee in closed secession.

Only thing I want to see is if her therapists notes back her up from 2012. If they do I believe her.

The notes do back her up only she gave no name and there were 4 boys not three. She says that's a problem with the therapists notes.

Here's where I sit on this.

1. Bullshit.
2. Stupid even if true.

paragon 09-17-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Ford says she never revealed what had happened to her until 2012, when she and her husband sought couples therapy. Ford's husband, Russell Ford, said he recalled his wife using Kavanaugh's last name and expressing concern that Kavanaugh — then a federal judge — might someday be nominated to the Supreme Court.

Texas97 09-17-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing (Post 44079914)
The notes do back her up only she gave no name and there were 4 boys not three. She says that's a problem with the therapists notes.

Here's where I sit on this.

1. Bullshit.
2. Stupid even if true.

How old was Kavanaugh supposed to be?

This woman, Ford, is about to get stinking, filthy rich. or maybe she already has

bigun 09-17-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white-rhino (Post 44079858)
A couple drunk teenage kids wrestling around on a bed making out and he decides to cop a feel. Has probably happened to 95% of the population.

It's called getting to first base. :smokin:

Every guy as a teenager could be accused of this, eventually we'll be back to separated schools and highly structured events where chaperons make sure that only hands touch

joez 09-17-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

From what I was reading they are a close match. A couple details are off which have been stated to just be the therapist writing it down incorrectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

paragon 09-17-2018 08:02 AM

the FBI has repeatedly investigated Kavanaugh since the 1990s for highly sensitive positions he has held, including in the office of independent counsel Ken Starr, at the White House and his current post on the federal appeals court in Washington.

Sixty-five women who knew Kavanagh in high school defended him in a separate letter, circulated by Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans, as someone who "always treated women with decency and respect."

HankScorpi0 09-17-2018 08:04 AM

Her credibility is lacking. When she said she "feared for her life" pretty much sums it up. Feeling up a girl is like near death now?

gladman 09-17-2018 08:04 AM

good lord.

this has no comparison to Anita Hill. In Hill's case I think Cleon was being a dick at work, but still mtns out of molehills..

this story is just fucking pathetic... we should all just look away.

Buck Wild Racing 09-17-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas97 (Post 44079920)
How old was Kavanaugh supposed to be?

This woman, Ford, is about to get stinking, filthy rich. or maybe she already has

I think 17. She was 15-16 or something.

She is also a registered democrat and has donated to democrats.

ToddRH 09-17-2018 08:24 AM

So....

This ignorant bitch accusing Kavanaugh....her parents lost a big lawsuit case.
Guess who's mom was the judge....I'll take Kavanaugh for $1000 Alex.

https://af-mg.com/2018/09/17/breakin...was-the-judge/

More never-ending democrat bullshit...:rolleyes:

_

SLOWPOKE693 09-17-2018 08:24 AM

If this was such a huge issue in her life why in the hell didnt she bring this up a looooong time ago??? In 2012 he was a federal judge. If it has bothered her for the last 40yrs of her life she should have made the claims long before now. Complete and utter bullshit!

This country is going to shit at an ever increasing rate of speed and the Dems are trying everything they can to make it happen. Fucking sad....:(

jpmassey 09-17-2018 08:27 AM

The old bag is just hoping to sway 2 repub senators at the last moment. If they lose the vote, they've wasted too much time to get someone else in there before the elections. If the repubs lose the senate, then Trump will have to do the bidding of the left, or risk the seat going unfilled until 2020.

This is politics at its lowest. So low, it might actually benefit the republicans.

paragon 09-17-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

“It’s disturbing that these uncorroborated allegations from more than 35 years ago, during high school, would surface on the eve of a committee vote after Democrats sat on them since July,” a Republican spokesperson for Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley said Sunday. “If Ranking Member Feinstein and other Committee Democrats took this claim seriously, they should have brought it to the full Committee’s attention much earlier.”

Provience 09-17-2018 08:34 AM

The hilarity of this all is that it is shaping up to be more damaging to Feinstein than to Kavanaugh :laughing:

damn near every article I've read about this is "if she had it for months, why wait to bring the letter out until now?" "if she really cared, why did the committee she runs not know?" and "is this how our leaders show respect for our complaints?"

:lmao:

Texas97 09-17-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing (Post 44079944)
I think 17. She was 15-16 or something.

She is also a registered democrat and has donated to democrats.

the interesting this is that when the FBI does a background check, i mean, they do a damn check.

i was in college and somebody who had lived in my apartment complex recently was going to get a federal job/security clearance or whatever. One day an FBI agent knocks on my door, asks about 10 questions on a person I didnt know but used to live for a couple of years in the building next to mine. He went around to most everyone in the adjacent buildings. Even gave me a card, told me to call him if i wanted to talk anonymously or whatever. it was pretty ridiculous as far as how far they were stretching out.

i cant believe in all the times and places the FBI has been checking up onto this guy, that this woman didnt come forward or anything like that. seems pretty unbelievable.

Texas97 09-17-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provience (Post 44079980)
The hilarity of this all is that it is shaping up to be more damaging to Feinstein than to Kavanaugh :laughing:

damn near every article I've read about this is "if she had it for months, why wait to bring the letter out until now?" "if she really cared, why did the committee she runs not know?" and "is this how our leaders show respect for our complaints?"

:lmao:

That scrutiny on Fienstien will be shortlived and is only being voiced by the conservative side. it will be ignored by anyone else. Nothing sticks to Feinstien.