Rosenstein plotting to invoke the 25th on Trump - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Rosenstein plotting to invoke the 25th on Trump

Rosenstein reportedly discussed wearing 'wire,' invoking 25th Amendment against Trump | Fox News

The Trump administration was rocked Friday afternoon by a bombshell report saying Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein last year suggested secretly recording President Trump to expose chaos in the White House and enlisting Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.

Rosenstein adamantly denied the accusations.

“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement to Fox News. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

But the article is sure to roil a White House already suspicious of some elements within the DOJ and FBI, as President Trump complains regularly about the Russia probe he calls a "witch hunt." Rosenstein oversees that probe.

The explosive report, published by The New York Times, said Rosenstein had discussed wearing a "wire" to tape Trump and his removal from office in meetings and conversations with Justice Department and FBI officials. This would have been in the tumultuous days after James Comey was fired as FBI director, with the president citing in part a memo penned by Rosenstein -- reportedly catching him off guard.

Rosenstein even reportedly suggested that those interviewing with the president to replace Comey as director of the FBI wear wires to secretly tape him.

According to The Times, none of Rosenstein’s proposals were acted upon and it remains unclear the level of seriousness Rosenstein had when making the suggestions.

Fox News has learned a key meeting took place on May 16, 2017 at Justice Department headquarters. During the meeting, the subject arose of the possibility of appointing a special counsel to investigate Russia election meddling, according to a source. Several people were in the room, including former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and former FBI counsel Lisa Page. Robert Mueller was appointed as special counsel the next day.

“I remember this meeting and remember the wire comment,” a source who was in the room told Fox News. “The statement was sarcastic and was never discussed with any intention of recording a conversation with the president.”

Further, The Washington Post quoted an unnamed individual saying Rosenstein quipped sarcastically after McCabe pushed for an investigation into the president, saying, "What do you want to do Andy? Wire the president?"

The Times' quoted other sources who said Rosenstein was serious, however.

Rosenstein also reportedly told McCabe that he might be able to persuade Attorney General Jeff Sessions and then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly—now White House chief of staff—to begin proceedings to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Details, according to The Times, were confirmed by sources who were briefed on the discussions or memos written about the discussions, by McCabe and others.

McCabe’s attorney issued a statement apparently acknowledging that such memos exist.

"Andrew McCabe drafted memos to memorialize significant discussions he had with high level officials and preserved them so he would have an accurate, contemporaneous record of those discussions,” McCabe’s attorney Michael Bromwich said in a statement. “When he was interviewed by the Special Counsel more than a year ago, he gave all of his memos -- classified and unclassified -- to the Special Counsel's office. A set of those memos remained at the FBI at the time of his departure in late January 2018. He has no knowledge of how any member of the media obtained those memos."

The Special Counsel's office declined to comment.

The White House declined to comment on the report, but Trump’s eldest son tweeted that “no one is shocked.”

“Shocked!!! Absolutely Shocked!!! Ohhh, who are we kidding at this point? No one is shocked that these guys would do anything in their power to undermine @realDonaldTrump,” Donald Trump Jr. tweeted Friday, with a link-out to The Times report.

The report immediately touched off speculation Friday that the details could be used to pursue Rosenstein's ouster.

"This story must not be used as a pretext for the corrupt purpose of firing Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein in order install an official who will allow the president to interfere with the Special Counsel’s investigation," Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said. "Generals Kelly, Mattis and numerous other White House and cabinet officials have been reported to say critical things of the president without being fired."

Rosenstein took over as the top Justice Department official overseeing the Russia investigation, upon Sessions’ recusal in 2017 due to his involvement with the Trump campaign—a decision causing immense friction between the attorney general and Trump to this day.

Before that, Rosenstein had penned a memo to Trump that helped provide the justification for firing Comey, saying he was “wrong to usurp the Attorney General [Loretta Lynch]” on July 5, 2016 when he announced he would not recommend Hillary Clinton be prosecuted for alleged offenses related to the presence of classified information on her personal email server.

A week later, on May 17, 2017, after Comey's firing, Rosenstein appointed Mueller to oversee the federal investigation into Russian meddling and potential collusion with Trump campaign associates in the 2016 presidential election.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
The swamp is looking more and more like a coup d'etat every day. I hope trump fishes all these fuckers out and puts them in jail.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 397210
He dismisses anonymous sources, but a bunch of the stuff his department is investigating is based on anonymous sources
non-OP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
He said it sarcasitly my understanding and it happened when trump fired Comey.

But who knows for sure, bunch of stinking rats in DC... government.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 4387
Yawn , Wake me up when we get to start shooting.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 29037
Okay call me paranoid, but Why are they reporting this? Is it to get Trump to fire him (should have been done as soon as he became President, bet the next President will) so they can moan that it was done in retaliation for not reigning in Muller
bigun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 52569
Send a message via MSN to Juztyn00
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-OP View Post
He dismisses anonymous sources, but a bunch of the stuff his department is investigating is based on anonymous sources
McCabe's lawyer has confirmed everything as true coming from McCabes notes, not anonymous sources...

Edit: Fire him, End the Mueller witch hunt...

Last edited by Juztyn00; 09-21-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Juztyn00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 2578
If he fires all the fuckers he has another problem - it's really hard to find replacements for these people whom he knows and trusts. He's kinda stuck. Ending the witch hunt won't really help him at all at this point, either.
Realsquash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Fire him hell, lock him up and hang him for sedition.

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 117207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realsquash View Post
If he fires all the fuckers he has another problem - it's really hard to find replacements for these people whom he knows and trusts. He's kinda stuck. Ending the witch hunt won't really help him at all at this point, either.
I don't think that's true at all evidenced by every government shutdown ever, and especially, under those of our most transparently historic president. The GDP itself could skyrocket to six percent with dogs and cats living together in perfect harmony, just like those keys on my piano thing.
petro812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 4387
I think some of these people that think getting rid of trump will solve all there problems are going to be in for a rude awakening. Because if they remove Trump, shit's really going to hit the fan. A whole lot people out there have lost faith in our governments ability to follow our own laws and serve the people. At some point we heading for a hard reset. I love my country, but most of the government can go get fawked.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Fire him hell, lock him up and hang him for sedition.
If we’re doing that, this guy is way down the list.
78bronco460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
I think some of these people that think getting rid of trump will solve all there problems are going to be in for a rude awakening. Because if they remove Trump, shit's really going to hit the fan. A whole lot people out there have lost faith in our governments ability to follow our own laws and serve the people. At some point we heading for a hard reset. I love my country, but most of the government can go get fawked.

Truth :sad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
I agree that trumps supporters have lost faith in government that’s why they voted for him. The media doesn’t get it and won’t. On the younger end of the spectrum this is the Bernie wing on the left. Same feelings completely different ideas for a solution. If both of these sides unite the swamp needs to watch out.

That said trump is mentally ill for real. Behaves like a child and is joke to the rest of the world. It confirms everyone suspicion that Americans are fat, lazy, ignorant and arrogant.

If mueller’s investigstion comes back that trump colluded with Russians he should get the 25th amendment invoked. I was raised in a house hold that voted for trump and I remember being taught to hate the Russians with ever fiber of your body. They were pure evil. And now the right is prentending our president isn’t dry humping them. Honestly I’m baffled.

Last edited by RANGERROD; 09-22-2018 at 12:48 PM.
RANGERROD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2018, 04:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERROD View Post
That said trump is mentally ill for real. Behaves like a child and is joke to the rest of the world. It confirms everyone suspicion that Americans are fat, lazy, ignorant and arrogant.

If mueller’s investigstion comes back that trump colluded with Russians he should get the 25th amendment invoked. I was raised in a house hold that voted for trump and I remember being taught to hate the Russians with ever fiber of your body. They were pure evil. And now the right is prentending our president isn’t dry humping them. Honestly I’m baffled.
Lots of truth in that post. IMO many people are "in love" with Trump just because he "isn't Hillary" and they're willingly blind to all his faults and will make up all kinds of ridiculous excuses as to why those glaring faults are "okay". Trump is a deeply flawed person.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Trump is a deeply flawed person.
Wow, even for a pile of shit like you, that was pro level hypocritical.

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.

Last edited by Overbear; 09-22-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Wow, even for a pile of shit like you, that was pro level hypocritical.
Go back to something you're good at, like taking a dick up your ass.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Go back to something you're good at, like taking a dick up your ass.
Like I said before, it really is a shame a pretty good man died in an accident, and yet a pile of worthless shit like you still breaths in and out.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
Quote:
Lots of truth in that post. IMO many people are "in love" with Trump just because he "isn't Hillary" and they're willingly blind to all his faults and will make up all kinds of ridiculous excuses as to why those glaring faults are "okay". Trump is a deeply flawed person.
A work with several guys at work who are hardcore trump supporters and any time we debate politics it inevitably leads to but...but....Hillary. Just because someone isn’t someone isn’t a reason to vote for them. That’s why my ballot was blank.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 52569
Send a message via MSN to Juztyn00
Quote:
A work with several guys at work who are hardcore trump supporters and any time we debate politics it inevitably leads to but...but....Hillary. Just because someone isn’t someone isn’t a reason to vote for them. That’s why my ballot was blank.
Your ballot was meaningless then, congrats... Most of Trumps supporters are tired of a double standard when it comes to the rules. We see Hillary as getting away with multiple obvious crimes and its sickening. If you are getting but Hillary responses then your conversations are focusing on crimes that we see as hypocritical. There are plenty of reasons that were good ones to vote for Trump. Supreme court was highest on my list, (I didnt want whomever Hillary would choose), Taxes (I didnt want higher Taxes that Hillary would impose), Regulations ( I didn't want more excessive regulations on business that Hillary would impose) Actually the fact America knew exactly who Hillary was was a great help for Trump. Obama won the first time because he was an unknown and McCain was a known turd sandwich..
Juztyn00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juztyn00 View Post
Your ballot was meaningless then, congrats... Most of Trumps supporters are tired of a double standard when it comes to the rules. We see Hillary as getting away with multiple obvious crimes and its sickening. If you are getting but Hillary responses then your conversations are focusing on crimes that we see as hypocritical. There are plenty of reasons that were good ones to vote for Trump. Supreme court was highest on my list, (I didnt want whomever Hillary would choose), Taxes (I didnt want higher Taxes that Hillary would impose), Regulations ( I didn't want more excessive regulations on business that Hillary would impose) Actually the fact America knew exactly who Hillary was was a great help for Trump. Obama won the first time because he was an unknown and McCain was a known turd sandwich..
I think I voted for the best choice.....no one. Imagine if everyone turned a blank ballot? What kind of message would that send. I help run an election for a private organization and I bet half the ballots come back blank. Mailed in and blank. It’s quite the statement I think.

Hypercritical crimes? So if trump is found to commit crimes himself then what just ignore them? I’m actually curious because at work the answer has been yes. The thinking is “everyone else does it”. I find it sad that our standards in our public figures allows the behavior of trump. And Hillary and.....

I guess for trump supporters where is your line that trump should be impeached or 25th amendment invoked? Obama’s tells Putin he’ll have more flexibility after the election the right screams for impeachment. Trump spills the beans on clsssified info and the right is mum.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
I think I voted for the best choice.....no one. Imagine if everyone turned a blank ballot? What kind of message would that send. I help run an election for a private organization and I bet half the ballots come back blank. Mailed in and blank. It’s quite the statement I think.

Hypercritical crimes? So if trump is found to commit crimes himself then what just ignore them? I’m actually curious because at work the answer has been yes. The thinking is “everyone else does it”. I find it sad that our standards in our public figures allows the behavior of trump. And Hillary and.....

I guess for trump supporters where is your line that trump should be impeached or 25th amendment invoked? Obama’s tells Putin he’ll have more flexibility after the election the right screams for impeachment. Trump spills the beans on clsssified info and the right is mum.
That statement is what ? empty ballot is no message at all other then feeding your own idiocy.
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 9307
Quote:
Careful your irrational hatred is showing.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
My ballot was marked for Johnson. I couldn't stomach either Trump or Clinton.

Quote:
Old 09-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RatBastard View Post
Careful your irrational hatred is showing.

So now speaking the truth about a person is now hatred. You are truly lacking in the understanding of the English language. You just make up definitions to suit your own purposes.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in