Any of the new 4600 cars going to finish KOH 2019? - Page 15 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

View Poll Results: Will they finish?
V8 4Runner 19 10.44%
FJ80 8 4.40%
Colorado 15 8.24%
ROXOR 112 61.54%
Bacon will finish before any of these losers. 52 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2018, 09:56 AM   #351 (permalink)

Member # 188882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Johnson View Post
It's a damn shame this thread devolved into Is-Roxor-Legal drama rather than Will-These-Race-Cars-Even-Make-It-To-The-Lakebed? drama. It could have been 10 times more entertaining and at least we'd probably get to see some build progress pictures reposted.
i agree, i wonder what everyone's build progress is

steel city is probly at 40-ish% based on his thread here

some assembly done (bumpers and stuff) and according to him suspension, axles and other big critical components are built and just need to be assembled

whats everyone else's progress??
arickvan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #352 (permalink)

Member # 95025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
A submission-

President Trump on building the wall:
"THIS IS WHERE WE HOLD THEM!!! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT!!! THIS IS WHERE THEY'RE DEPORTED!!!"

V.P.Pence:
BUILD THIS WALL, BOYS!!!

Fearless Indians:
Awe-Ooo!!!
CDA 455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #353 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by arickvan View Post
i agree, i wonder what everyone's build progress is

steel city is probly at 40-ish% based on his thread here

some assembly done (bumpers and stuff) and according to him suspension, axles and other big critical components are built and just need to be assembled

whats everyone else's progress??
Not sure about the FJ80, He hasnít posted since the very beginning. Jesse is supposed to have his at Sema next week. I saw a picture of him cage building on the inter-webs. No idea about the Colorado either.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #354 (permalink)

Member # 188882
Quote:
Not sure about the FJ80, He hasnít posted since the very beginning. Jesse is supposed to have his at Sema next week. I saw a picture of him cage building on the inter-webs. No idea about the Colorado either.
well Jesse wins for scheduling and prep

i have a good feeling charles will be at the race just maybe not as ready as he would like to be

maybe next year for FJ80/colorado??
arickvan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #355 (permalink)

Member # 55560
So how bout that Roxor? @jetboy

Old 10-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #356 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Is this legal?
Attached Images

& Blaine

Old 10-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #357 (permalink)

Member # 39436
I saw the 4runner made it to Marlin.
Should be ready by KOH 2020.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #358 (permalink)

Member # 55560
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjed View Post
When the parts get back in stock.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #359 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjed View Post
Since the beginning, I think that guy is going to try to turn that truck into a DD after the race. That is the only explanation for the horrible bumpers. He should get rid of those and just put a piece of 1 3/4Ē DOM on the front and back. I donít even know why you would bother with the rear winch. That truck is going to be incredibly heavy.

& Blaine

Old 10-28-2018, 11:58 PM   #360 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 75385
Quote:
Since the beginning, I think that guy is going to try to turn that truck into a DD after the race. That is the only explanation for the horrible bumpers. He should get rid of those and just put a piece of 1 3/4Ē DOM on the front and back. I donít even know why you would bother with the rear winch. That truck is going to be incredibly heavy.
His rear bumper is built to hold two swingouts. Of course he's going to try to use it for non-racing.

I understand doing stuff for sponsors, but a 108lb front bumper on a race car is just plain dumb.
4xfiend is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 12:04 AM   #361 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xfiend View Post
His rear bumper is built to hold two swingouts. Of course he's going to try to use it for non-racing.

I understand doing stuff for sponsors, but a 108lb front bumper on a race car is just plain dumb.
I hope Hobie smashes the hell out of it!

& Blaine

Old 10-29-2018, 12:12 AM   #362 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xfiend View Post
Quote:
Since the beginning, I think that guy is going to try to turn that truck into a DD after the race. That is the only explanation for the horrible bumpers. He should get rid of those and just put a piece of 1 3/4” DOM on the front and back. I don’t even know why you would bother with the rear winch. That truck is going to be incredibly heavy.

I can only think that he thinks he's going to have a sweet overlander come Saturday. That thing is not going to finish EMC, let alone KOH.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 12:17 AM   #363 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
I can only think that he thinks he's going to have a sweet overlander come Saturday. That thing is not going to finish EMC, let alone KOH.
It might break before it gets really hurt?

& Blaine

Old 10-29-2018, 04:15 AM   #364 (permalink)
DWT
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 19850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
That is 100% my feel on it too. He thinks he can run koh this year and walk away with a built rig that will be the envy of all his wanker friends online. I would be absolutely shocked if he does not picture it with a roof tent or overland camp trailer behind it 2 days after koh is over.

It would be a crying shame if hobie bounced that bitch off of every boulder in the vicinity of the lake bed and ruined that dream. A real shame I tell ya.

Taiwanese Garbage should stay in Taiwan.
DWT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 05:24 AM   #365 (permalink)

Member # 3007
But the seats were really heavy At this rate I bet it's heavier than the FJ80

Last edited by Bones; 10-29-2018 at 05:47 AM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 05:44 AM   #366 (permalink)

Member # 3937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
you can't run a turbo 22re with a solid axle in 4600 despite it being a quasi-factory option in 1985
"Quasi-factory" is the key wording in your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleygo3 View Post
In 4600 you can not swap components between markets. If you have a US truck. Any parts installed have to be from a US production vehicle of that production year. If a Japanese vehicle came with a turbo, you have to run a Japanese produced vehicle of the same year. Transfer cases are open to anything as long as it has 4 low. The rules don't state the vehicle has to come with 4 low, just that it has to be 4 wheel drive.
I never said anything about swapping across markets, I said the same production model. A vehicle produced for a foreign market is not the same production model as a US spec vehicle. As for the t-case you are correct that you can swap an AWD t-case for one with a low range, but the case being used has to be a factory case that was used by the same vehicle manufacturer.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.
mrboyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #367 (permalink)

Member # 7903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyle View Post
As for the t-case you are correct that you can swap an AWD t-case for one with a low range, but the case being used has to be a factory case that was used by the same vehicle manufacturer.

This what current rule book says for 4600. Engine & Trans are stricter, but you can throw an Atlas in a 4600.

Quote:
8.3.5 TRANSFER-CASE
1) Any and all transfer-cases are permitted, providing they meet all the additional rules and regulations specified herein.
The additional rules they talk about are part of the All Classes rules. The exploit on item 3 is that you can run a single range t-case as long as its lower than 1:1. I'm guessing that would be harder in a 4600 car, as you can't rely on a 800hp motor and 1.5:1 transfer to get through everything.

Quote:
8.2.15 TRANSFER-CASE
1) Transfer case shall be free of leaks. See Section 10.3.5 ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY for more information and rules related to environmental concerns and considerations.
2) Transfer case vents shall run to a fluid containment system. See Section 10.3.5 ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY for more information and rules related to environmental concerns and considerations.
3) All vehicles must be capable of transmitting power to all four wheels/tires, and must be equipped with a functioning low range. Low range is defined as a gear ratio that is lower (numerically higher) than 1:1.
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 08:08 AM   #368 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyle View Post
"Quasi-factory" is the key wording in your statement.

I never said anything about swapping across markets, I said the same production model. A vehicle produced for a foreign market is not the same production model as a US spec vehicle. As for the t-case you are correct that you can swap an AWD t-case for one with a low range, but the case being used has to be a factory case that was used by the same vehicle manufacturer.
oh sure, so an option that was global (turbo solid axle pickup) but not common in the US isn't legal, but a UTV advertised globally as a truck but not in the US is legal

so did JHF import his roxor from india for this build?

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 08:15 AM   #369 (permalink)

Member # 84132
You guys live in weird states, a Roxor is EASILY street legal here.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #370 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 140628
Quick question cuz I don't have access to the rule book right now. Can you run a newer engine than what originally came in a vehicle as long as the cylinder count is the same? Case in point, could you run a 3rz (4 cyl. non turbo) in an older truck that origanally had a 22re? Still a Toyota 4 banger but with another 50 horses?
hodgiemoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2018, 09:33 AM   #371 (permalink)

Member # 731241
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgiemoto View Post
Quick question cuz I don't have access to the rule book right now. Can you run a newer engine than what originally came in a vehicle as long as the cylinder count is the same? Case in point, could you run a 3rz (4 cyl. non turbo) in an older truck that origanally had a 22re? Still a Toyota 4 banger but with another 50 horses?
No.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #372 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Stolen from @meiser
Attached Images

& Blaine

Last edited by Beat95YJ; 10-29-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #373 (permalink)
Meet me at the bar

Member # 346233
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgiemoto View Post
I haven't read the rules in a while but I'm pretty sure you can only swap in a motor that was available for that vehicle from the manufacturer at time if build. For instance a YJ. You can ditch the 4 cyl for the 6 but you cannot go to a v8 because it was not available from the factory.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #374 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Stolen from @meiser
Old 10-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #375 (permalink)
DWT
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 19850
Quote:
Stolen from @meiser
Nice jeep!

Taiwanese Garbage should stay in Taiwan.
DWT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in