Family demanding flu shot to see newborn baby? - Page 5 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
Watch this.

Then come back and explain to me how polio is better than the vaccine.
Go reread my post. I don't think polio is better than the vaccine.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #102 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Its fucking idiots like you that will bring shit like polio back to being common.

Thanks, dickhead.
its morons like you that brought us AIDS from flawed polio vax research.
also raised the autism rate, brought us all these allergic snowflakes. poisoned generations of kids.
the toxic soup they are stuffing in babies to trigger an immune response is the problem.

polio was on its way out without vaxes, have a look at the incident rates timelines, almost all show a SPIKE in polio during vaccination eras.

polio is flat out the worst fukn argument a vaxxer can use as it gave us the 20 century plague.
mj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #103 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
Vaccines apparently. But then again germs mutate and so do our immune systems. I'm not arguing against you. I don't care either way what people believe when it comes to this topic. I would honestly prefer people get them only on the principle that the side effects wouldn't effect me. I think anti-vaxxers are ignorant.
The problem with anti-vaxers is the shit the vaccines prevent haven't been around for so long they don't have a fucking clue just how bad the shit is. Now, with these idiots, the shit has a chance to come back.

If they had to deal with it, or watch a brother, sister or a child of theirs deal with it, they may have an appreciation.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #104 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj View Post
also raised the autism rate, brought us all these allergic snowflakes. poisoned generations of kids.
the toxic soup they are stuffing in babies to trigger an immune response is the problem.

polio was on its way out without vaxes, have a look at the incident rates timelines, almost all show a SPIKE in polio during vaccination eras.

polio is flat out the worst fukn argument a vaxxer can use as it gave us the 20 century plague.
You...are full of shit.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #105 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
If they had to deal with it, or watch a brother, sister or a child of theirs deal with it, they may have an appreciation.
So you mean opinions are molded by experiences?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #106 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
Quote:
You...are full of shit.
that was a great rebuttal. I like how you laid out your points. I am convinced. I am headed to the flu vaccination centre right now. thank you for saving me.

the government is here to help. big pharma is just a bunch of nice people. trust them
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #107 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
Quote:
The problem with anti-vaxers is the shit the vaccines prevent haven't been around for so long they don't have a fucking clue just how bad the shit is. Now, with these idiots, the shit has a chance to come back.

how fukn old are you oh wise one?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #108 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
that was a great rebuttal. I like how you laid out your points. I am convinced. I am headed to the flu vaccination centre right now. thank you for saving me.

the government is here to help. big pharma is just a bunch of nice people. trust them
Do you think that population, reporting and our food sources and lifestyles don't have major factors in the points you brought up?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #109 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Then there is the reality the newborns will probably get exposed to random stuff if they arenít kid 1.

Our 2nd popped the emergency exit at 33 weeks. Got out of the NICU at 39 weeks 6 days gestational. His brother started preschool the next day and got the whole house sick. You obviously try and protect them but there is a dramatic difference on what you can or can not do for #2+

I personally only got the whooping cough one for our first kid. They said I was still good for the 2nd kid.

Although i have to laugh or cry that pretty much the first or 2day your kid is alive they want to start sticking them with Hep. Out of all the vaccines to start with I would think Hep would be the least concern for a newborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #110 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
how fukn old are you oh wise one?
I'm old enough to have seen the results of what those diseases are capable of.

I'm not Gary by any means. He may be able to explain the iron lung to you.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #111 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjed View Post
Nope. 20 years for one of the largest HMO's on the planet.
They give you the choice of a flu shot or wear a mask.
I wear a mask when someone actually remembers I don't get flu shots.
Youre a fucking idiot if this is your stance and you have regular patient contact. Same as the OP..... nobody is worried about you.... its the other people you deal with (babies and old folk) with weakened immune systems. Its a numbers game- risk factor- if you work in a hospital, you should have it.
Go back to riding your Fag Dog Brokeback or whatever the fuck its called.
1990GT50 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #112 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
Quote:
Do you think that population, reporting and our food sources and lifestyles don't have major factors in the points you brought up?
yes.
I think that is exactly the case with the polio lies
Old 12-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #113 (permalink)

Member # 270274
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Exclamation

Give the kid my best - he can come shovel my driveway for $20 when he turns 13.

Keep that flu shot to yerself.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #114 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
yes.
I think that is exactly the case with the polio lies
I have no clue what your argument is with that reply. I don't know what lies are revolving around polio or it's vaccine.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #115 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 23795
Send a message via AIM to freerider15
Quote:

I work in Biotech/Pharma.

You're an idiot, with obviously little scientific expertise.

Go get you some learnin' then try again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
freerider15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #116 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8DWINGS View Post
Their kid. Their rules. This includes "Don't give my kid candy, don't smear peanut butter on my kids face, and don't let my kid watch TV all day long." If you don't like the rules just don't go see the kid for a year. Honestly I'm sure they won't miss you (nothing personal) with how much shit they'll have going on. Wife and I told this to grandparents. We asked close family to get the shot because everyone else either wouldn't be around, or already had it.

It isn't like they're asking you to get TDAP. Wife's friends asked for that. $200+ because insurance didn't cover it due to how recent we had it. We didn't go see their kid. Pretty easy decision.
Shit- I got tdap at riteaid for free..... blue cross insurance?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:58 PM   #117 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 116537
Quote:
Like most science, there is no proof that these vaccines are healthy or that they cause all the these health problems either. It's stupid for any of us to even pass judgement on someone who stands on either side of the topic. It's like climate change. Both sides have good arguments and we are not well versed enough to make an educated decision. If you are someone who is knowledgeable enough to make a good cipher of the information then cheers to you. Most of the world isn't
Said like a reasonably well-informed person who can balance two sides of an argument.

Quote:

Said like an ignorant assed zealot who gathers medical insights from the Intardnet and would not know what peer reviewed research meant if it bit him in the ass with sharp gnarly teeth.

Capitalize the first letter of a sentence you lazy ass fuck. Reading that shit is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
emiller22207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #118 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990GT50 View Post
Shit- I got tdap at riteaid for free..... blue cross insurance?
Depends how recently you got it. If it's just the booster thats like every 5 years it is probably free. If you requested it today you'll probably need to pay for it because "it isn't medically necessary" and that changes things.

Actually she works for a hospital so it's company insurance. I was only able to get it earlier than 5 years because I had a kid.
H8DWINGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #119 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 81277
Quote:

wheres the like button when you need it. I agree 100%. Polio, mumps, rubella are not as prevalent as they used to be due to one thing. Its a good thing that most folks vaccinate, it keeps the herd immunity alive for the folks that can't or don't. I hope none of my children ever have an issue from a vaccine, however i don't want them living or dying with the affects of a disease that is preventable.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #120 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 116537
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjwrangler95 View Post
wheres the like button when you need it. I agree 100%. Polio, mumps, rubella are not as prevalent as they used to be due to one thing. Its a good thing that most folks vaccinate, it keeps the herd immunity alive for the folks that can't or don't. I hope none of my children ever have an issue from a vaccine, however i don't want them living or dying with the affects of a disease that is preventable.
My GF and I were talking last weekend about how her mother came down with Rubella Fever as a toddler, spent over a month in the hospital and barely survived.

Now measles are on a comeback big time. Here's a link to a good Popular Science story (for those who believe peer reviewed science is relevant to the vaccination discussion).

https://www.popsci.com/why-are-measles-coming-back
emiller22207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #121 (permalink)

Member # 39436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990GT50 View Post
Youre a fucking idiot if this is your stance and you have regular patient contact. Same as the OP..... nobody is worried about you.... its the other people you deal with (babies and old folk) with weakened immune systems. Its a numbers game- risk factor- if you work in a hospital, you should have it.
No regular patient ccontact. I avoid patients at all costs.
I'm just the monkey in a mechanical room.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #122 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjed View Post
No regular patient ccontact. I avoid patients at all costs.
I'm just the monkey in a mechanical room.
Then Ill allow it....
Old 12-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #123 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 23795
Send a message via AIM to freerider15
Quote:
Like most science, there is no proof that these vaccines are healthy or that they cause all the these health problems either. It's stupid for any of us to even pass judgement on someone who stands on either side of the topic. It's like climate change. Both sides have good arguments and we are not well versed enough to make an educated decision. If you are someone who is knowledgeable enough to make a good cipher of the information then cheers to you. Most of the world isn't
Sorry, but that's just flat out wrong. These is plenty of proof, you just have to be willing to get it, read it, and understand it.

I'll pass whatever judgement I care to on those who scream the anti-vaxxer motto, yet have little grasp or understanding of what a vaccine is, how it works, how they're made, regulations around them, and basic science that encompasses it all.

I've educated plenty and made them realize how ignorant they sounded pounding their chest about it, but there are still people who seem so determined to want to believe junk science. These people are up there with the flat earth people in my book.

Just because you, and the general public don't care to read the white paper studies, clinical trials results, etc., does NOT mean it's not there.

Why do I say this? Because this is something I'm extremely well versed in, and work in/alongside everyday.

If vaccines really caused problems, you'd have never known they ever existed, unless you looked at the clinical trials for drugs that never made it through, Phase I, II, or III clinical trials.

The ignorance, mis-education/misinformation spread these days, especially in this topic is astounding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
freerider15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #124 (permalink)

Member # 798313
Quote:
Well, then you probably shouldn't wear a seat belt, a helmet or any other safety device. After all...its only a percentage of being effective.
Ok, there's some benefit to the shot. Even it was 1% effectiveness, that would still be a net benefit.

Here's what's silly though. If people are really concerned about an infant DYING from the flu, why the fuck would anyone bother with shots that are only 50% effective when you could simply isolate the child from everyone but the mother and hospital staff for x period of time? Wouldn't that be far more effective at preventing the flu than demanding someone get a shot that only works half the time? Again, if there's a risk the child could DIE, why would you not do everything in your power to prevent it and isolate the child?
Cyrax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #125 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by freerider15 View Post
Sorry, but that's just flat out wrong.

Just because you, and the general public don't care to read the white paper studies, clinical trials results, etc., does NOT mean it's not there.

The ignorance, mis-education/misinformation spread these days, especially in this topic is astounding.
It's wrong not to take a stance on a topic I know nothing about and have little interest in? :snort: Okay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in