Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How to evict a relative? (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2673478)

waterhorse 12-16-2018 01:46 PM

How to evict a relative?

Caution, long read.

On the corner of my ten acre property, my son built a small house. He lived there for awhile and then moved out as his finances aloud. It was a little run down, so my wife paid some guys to completely repaint and fix a couple things. We used it as a guest house. I kept some work out equipment in the living room. It has its own fenced in small yard. Nice little place.

So my wife had a daughter very young. That doughter had a doughter very young. This grand doughter ran away from home and moved in with her boyfriend at his parents house. She hated it there and was getting married to him and wanted to move into our guest house. I've had a good relationship with her and told her that I didn't think getting married so young is a good idea, but as long as you don't get pregnant, it can be undone.

As far as the house, I need help building a workout room in my shop and she would need to work out rent with my step son. I recommended that they save as much money as they can while living rent free at his parents. She said "we are"

Well, her boyfriend and her helped me completely build the workout room. I really thought this kid was a worker. They got married and moved in the house. First issue, they didn't have money to pay the first months rent. (My stepson made the rent rediculas cheap.) I was like "what about the money you saved?" She said they spent it on their wedding and furniture for the house.

Next issue. They can't pay their electric. (In my wife's name) They both have jobs.

Next issue, They cannot keep the postage stamp sized lawn mowed. Seriously, I can mow that yard in ten minutes with a push mower. They can't find the time. Also they can't seem to find time to take out garbage. They use our can, but it's a few hundred feet down the road. They could just drop it in as they drive by. (Ten times a day)

So we have a hurricane and a few shingles blow off. I told him to tarp it. He did a shitty job and it leaked. So now this nice little guest house looks like shit. I sware they haven't picked up one thing in the yard from the hurricane. My wife looked in the window and it looks worse than my tenents. (I'm a slum lord) She said you can't even see the floor for all the shit. Food sitting out on the counter. (I guess roaches go good with black mold.

Oh, and the kicker, she's pregnant.

How to get rid of them?

Motorcharge 12-16-2018 01:48 PM

Tannerite around the house, preferably while they're both home.

CrustyJeep 12-16-2018 01:51 PM

I would start off by learning how to spell.

east_beast 12-16-2018 01:54 PM

How are you a slum lord and don't know how to legally evict someone in your city/county/state?

FJC11 12-16-2018 01:57 PM

Arson. :smokin:

Dr.Danger 12-16-2018 01:59 PM

I had some college roommates like that. So much shit on the floor of the room that you couldn't walk. It was like 4-6" of dirty clothes, books, and plates and containers that either had food in/on them or remnants of it. Spoilables always left out on the counter for days if I wasn't there to put them in the fridge. Found maggots in their coffee pot once. They wondered why I liked to clean so much. :shaking: I couldn't move out fast enough.

Worst part? It was a couple. My roommate's girlfriend wasn't even helping pay the bills and would never leave. She was the filthiest woman I've ever known.

I got no experience for you on successful removal. I had to resort to removing myself last time. But I'd probably start by throwing all of their shit out on the lawn and changing the locks. It's not like they can afford to do anything about it at this point.

gladman 12-16-2018 02:03 PM

you are the king of homonym errors.

give them a date 5 months from now. Tell them this is their christmas present. Tell them they have to be out by that date without exception.

spend your own money and labor fixing the house back up... don't let them help.

tell your son that the guest house is yours and that he should not be expecting any rent from it.

DEER TICK 12-16-2018 02:06 PM

If you want to be nice, tell them to pick the Fawking place up or you will evict them. If they donít take you seriously. Kick the lazy fawkers out. Did you have them sign a lease/ rental agreement?

trampas 12-16-2018 02:07 PM

http://discovermagazine.com/~/media/...n-Feb/fire.jpg

chevy_man 12-16-2018 02:29 PM

I'd start with having your wife explain and help them clean the place up. Then sign a rental agreement that it needs to be clean and fixed all the time. They have 30 days to pay rent including back rent.

Then kick their assess out in 30 days when they can't pay rent.

ExWrench 12-16-2018 02:31 PM

https://lemonlimeadventures.com/wp-c...g-Children.jpg

korda 12-16-2018 02:33 PM

Is it your house or your sons? I didnít follow that part. Your son built a house on your property and your son is the one renting it out? Does your son have to be the one to evict them?

Action Fab 12-16-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by east_beast (Post 44223228)
How are you a slum lord and don't know how to legally evict someone in your city/county/state?

So much this. :confused:

Just tell them to leave. Give the above reasons.

I'm guessing there is no contracts?

jeepyj 12-16-2018 02:50 PM

I have no idea if this would work or if it's even legal. As far as I know, it hasn't been tried. I thought of this when a friend of mine was dealing with tenants that wouldn't pay and wouldn't leave. That's apparently ok here in NY.

Got any weirdo friends that will fuck with people? What if. . .

They get home from 'work' and there's a fat old naked guy sitting on their furniture. He tells them he's paying rent and is now the new renter. Might be better if there were two fat old naked guys 'living' there with them.

Pirate members can think of plenty of things for the weirdos to do.

Possibly your son can find four or five frat boys to 'live' there and party all night every night. How long would the deadbeats last?

Technically, is it legal to re-rent the place to someone who doesn't care if there's already someone there?

SanDiegoCJ 12-16-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrustyJeep (Post 44223224)

He's from Floriduh, what did you expect ? :flipoff2:

Benzz0 12-16-2018 03:12 PM

Grow a set of balls and evict them

HardCharger81 12-16-2018 03:13 PM

I say just get used to it.

3 years ago my sister in law had a "nervous breakdown" while cheating on her husband. She went on disability and moved into my guest house.

She's filthy. She doesn't work. She comes in and out of my house as she pleases for reasons I don't understand. I'll have to burn the house down if she ever moves out. It's that gross. Think Hoarders the TV show.

After fighting with my wife about it, I've just given up. My wife has given her ultimatum after ultimatum. Every time she's about to leave she has another "breakdown".

So just buckle down and ride it out. The only way to win is not to play.

Benzz0 12-16-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrustyJeep (Post 44223224)

oh and this ... x11ty Billion

Jeffb_79 12-16-2018 03:29 PM

https://www.floridalawhelp.org/node/...nt-should-know

mvanhelden 12-16-2018 03:33 PM

OP has no balls.........

CDA 455 12-16-2018 03:39 PM

https://972mag.com/wp-content/upload...66438k6kts.jpg

Dr.Danger 12-16-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardCharger81 (Post 44223304)
I say just get used to it.

3 years ago my sister in law had a "nervous breakdown" while cheating on her husband. She went on disability and moved into my guest house.

She's filthy. She doesn't work. She comes in and out of my house as she pleases for reasons I don't understand. I'll have to burn the house down if she ever moves out. It's that gross. Think Hoarders the TV show.

After fighting with my wife about it, I've just given up. My wife has given her ultimatum after ultimatum. Every time she's about to leave she has another "breakdown".

So just buckle down and ride it out. The only way to win is not to play.

Damn. That's divorce worthy.

Believe me, lessons told here are being learned. Wife and I have talked about hypotheticals involving our siblings taking advantage of us and we both agreed we cannot ever let a situation like this happen. Sometimes the best thing you can do for family is to help them help themselves.

Only time we are opening the door for family to live with us is either of our aging parents. Not putting them in a home. We don't want that treatment when we are older.

H8DWINGS 12-16-2018 03:54 PM

Tell them they have a month to find a place. You said not to get pregnant. They can’t pay the bills. The agreement was they pay rent so since they didn’t pay rent they’re not staying. Trust me I had a brother in law live with me for a few months and I wasn’t strict enough on him for the time he was here. He THOUGHT I was rough on him but it stressed my relationship with my wife and now no member of either person’s family is allowed to live with us. Seriously. Every single rule you had they ignored and broke. Fuck you and your rules. You wonder why she hated living with the boyfriends parents? Probably rules and required to pay rent.

As for someone having a breakdown every time you try to evict them...just evict them. They can get help elsewhere and they know it’s their get out of jail free card. Oh you are having a breakdown? Well you also need a place to have it.

DirtyComanche 12-16-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDA 455 (Post 44223330)

That's funny how they didn't bother to paint the replacement cylinders.

I guess that now raises the question, can you just go out and order the IDF D9? Or did they upfit and armour them in house?

ExWrench 12-16-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyComanche (Post 44223364)
That's funny how they didn't bother to paint the replacement cylinders.

I guess that now raises the question, can you just go out and order the IDF D9? Or did they upfit and armour them in house?

PM Marvin Heemeyer - he knows all about it.