Shut down, how long will it last? Who caves in? - Page 13 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #301 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 52569
Send a message via MSN to Juztyn00
Quote:
Originally Posted by allz28 View Post
This is exactly it. Trump caused this shutdown over a pet project. He's supposed to be an amazing businessman and yet here we are paying billions every week while getting nothing in return. The only people who suffer are us taxpayers who are getting nothing in return for the taxes we pay. Trump has nothing but upside.

Republicans are supposed to want low government spending but trumpist don't give a shit so long as their cult leader is happy.

You kinda missed my point that the democrats have wasted more money by being shutdown than Trump was asking for the wall.
Juztyn00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #302 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juztyn00 View Post
You kinda missed my point that the democrats have wasted more money by being shutdown than Trump was asking for the wall.
Oh well in that case it's fine because they did it worse than we are doing it.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #303 (permalink)

Member # 77578
Send a message via AIM to XJben
Again, it's not about the money.

If Trump would have just used the word 'fence' instead of 'wall', Schumer would agree to it.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:15 PM   #304 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
Oh well in that case it's fine because they did it worse than we are doing it.

“We”!!!!!
Got it!!!!
Game over!!! You can go now!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #305 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj50 View Post
“We”!!!!!
Got it!!!!
Game over!!! You can go now!!!!!

???? !!!!

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #306 (permalink)

Member # 48146
No plane during the shutdown...... Fly with the common people if you must travel

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...he-union-delay

Last edited by Bluetick; 01-17-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Bluetick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #307 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner

Member # 111524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
No plane during the shutdown...... Fly with the common people if you must travel

That is just fantastic:

Quote:
In a stinging and curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

He wrote: “Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

Old 01-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #308 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:

Holy shit
Old 01-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #309 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
Holy shit
Haha it was cancelled as they were in the van on the tarmac. #likeaboss #micdrop
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #310 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJben View Post
Again, it's not about the money.

If Trump would have just used the word 'fence' instead of 'wall', Schumer would agree to it.

I disagree. If President Trump used the word fence, Schumer and Pelosi would say fences are immoral. Even though they have all voted for a wall/fence in the past.

They don't want to give him the win of the wall, at all costs. They also will not compromise a deal with the dreamers for the wall. Because, that would give him a win for the wall AND the dreamers. The dems want to keep the dreamers in their hip pocket as guaranteed votes. No way are they giving President Trump a piece of that.

The dems utter hatred for this President has got them in a pickle. All they can hope for now is that the shutdown is as painful for as many people as possible AND somehow twist it into being President Trumps fault. Unfortunately, the only folks who will believe it will be their base.

As for the .gov employees not working. Tough shit. You're non essential personnel. You should have known this kind of thing happens and planned accordingly.

When the oilfield took a dump last time, I ended up spending the last half of '16, all of '17 and almost the first half of '18 without work. I lived off my bank account because I know how things work and always keep at least a years worth of money in the account, just for this kind of shit. I did have to dip into an IRA towards the end. Nobody worried about me or gave a shit.............as it should be. I had been working overseas, so no unemployment and I was paying for my own health insurance.

I'm still alive.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:35 PM   #311 (permalink)
Baconologyst

Member # 32029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Haha it was cancelled as they were in the van on the tarmac. #likeaboss #micdrop
I love how he used her own "logic" against her

I'd love to be in her office right now
Old 01-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #312 (permalink)

Member # 4387
Quote:

Fuggin awesome!
Norm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #313 (permalink)

Member # 48146
What I love about this..

Trump is in D.C working and Congress is off getting a tan. But people blame Trump, he's willing to talk but unless he forgets the wall, it looks like the Dems are willing to let it all go down the toilet.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #314 (permalink)

Member # 55396
Quote:

This is one of his better moves; It's crickets from the usual suspects in my social media feed, And not getting much traction in the MSM because they can't say shit about it without stepping into the knee deep shit of Pelosi trying to bail out of the country for a week with the shutdown unresolved, in addition to him flipping her own security resource excuse on her...

Last edited by WTF?; 01-17-2019 at 02:55 PM.
WTF? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #315 (permalink)

Member # 136053
3 pm today supposed to be a “big announcement”
Old 01-19-2019, 09:12 AM   #316 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 64925
Send a message via MSN to grnd93
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF? View Post
This is one of his better moves; It's crickets from the usual suspects in my social media feed, And not getting much traction in the MSM because they can't say shit about it without stepping into the knee deep shit of Pelosi trying to bail out of the country for a week with the shutdown unresolved, in addition to him flipping her own security resource excuse on her...

My Facebook has been surprisingly quiet also.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #317 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner

Member # 111524
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd93 View Post
My Facebook has been surprisingly quiet also.

Mine too. I guess that's what happens when you delete it several years ago. My hypocrisy only goes so far.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:03 PM   #318 (permalink)

Member # 127163
To all you clowns spouting about how Trump's tenure has the lowest amount of illegals crossing the border, then why the hell do you need a wall now of all times? Clearly taking a hard line with border crossers is working, so you don't need a wall to prevent any more of them. How about using that money to upgrade detention facilities so the liberals have one less thing to complain about? Maybe a way to keep families together while they are awaiting deportation and not let kids die on CBP watch?

Quote:
What I love about this..

Trump is in D.C working and Congress is off getting a tan. But people blame Trump, he's willing to talk but unless he forgets the wall, it looks like the Dems are willing to let it all go down the toilet.
In DC willing to talk = Living in his house, which is also his office, probably stomping around with his arms crossed and bottom lip sticking out chanting "wall or nothing!"

It's not negotiating if you have something you absolutely aren't willing to give up no matter what the other side brings to the table. And having assclown Mitch McConnell not bringing bills to a vote in the Senate because "Trump won't sign them" goes completely against tri-branch checks and balances.

Negotiating is if Trump said "I want the 5 billion to go to CBP to upgrade their detention facilities and to watch the border more closely". I guarantee the govt would be open a day later.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #319 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
To all you clowns spouting about how Trump's tenure has the lowest amount of illegals crossing the border, then why the hell do you need a wall now of all times? Clearly taking a hard line with border crossers is working, so you don't need a wall to prevent any more of them. How about using that money to upgrade detention facilities so the liberals have one less thing to complain about? Maybe a way to keep families together while they are awaiting deportation and not let kids die on CBP watch?

In DC willing to talk = Living in his house, which is also his office, probably stomping around with his arms crossed and bottom lip sticking out chanting "wall or nothing!"

It's not negotiating if you have something you absolutely aren't willing to give up no matter what the other side brings to the table. And having assclown Mitch McConnell not bringing bills to a vote in the Senate because "Trump won't sign them" goes completely against tri-branch checks and balances.

Negotiating is if Trump said "I want the 5 billion to go to CBP to upgrade their detention facilities and to watch the border more closely". I guarantee the govt would be open a day later.
You sure are projecting.
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #320 (permalink)

Member # 193950
Quote:
Maybe a way to keep families together while they are awaiting deportation and not let kids die on CBP watch?
First you have to see if the kids belong to the adults (wouldn't want to put a 14 year old girl in with a guy who claims to be her dad, but is actually a coyote using her as cover).
Second, which kid are you referring to? The last two I have heard of (in Dec) were sick enough when received that a US parent would have had to deal with CPS for not bringing them to a hospital sooner.
The "father" of the boy claimed that his son was feeling better and didn't need further treatment after receiving acetaminophen: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ration-n951911

The girl who died had her cause of death listed as "septic shock, fever and dehydration" She was reportedly picked up at 10 p.m. Dec. 6 as part of a group of 163 people. She reportedly began having seizures at 6:25 a.m. at which point she had a fever of 105.7 degrees. They called a helicopter, but she didn't make it to the hospital. She reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...199_story.html
Yes, more help is needed, but when you are in a group of over a hundred people picked up after dark, it takes a certain amount of time to process people through and if they didn't make it clear that she had a problem, how are the CBP officers to know that she had urgent medical problems?

Aaron Z
Old 01-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #321 (permalink)

Member # 127163
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC11 View Post
You sure are projecting.
So you disagree?
Old 01-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #322 (permalink)

Member # 2578
Crossings went down simply because those people thought Trump would turn them right back at the border after he was elected. But, it turns out, nothing actually changed at the border and word got back down south after Trump was in office for a few months. Then they started right back up. This proves the point that a widely-seen wall, fence, mote, or barbed wire serves as a deterrent from people even trying to go north. They know all they have to do is either cross the desert or get in line at a checkpoint and wait it out and they are in. Once that goes away the numbers will go back down.
Realsquash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #323 (permalink)

Member # 184924
Quote:
So you disagree?
Well he offered to negotiate... And pelosi turned it down before the offer even aired so you dont sound real bright. Also democrats dont negotiate why is it you always us you expect to give up shit? Democrats wouldnt know compromise if it bit them on the nuts. So yes i disagree
Old 01-26-2019, 06:49 PM   #324 (permalink)

Member # 102467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
Who’s gonna cave in first?
Well, you got yourself an answer.

;

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #325 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
To all you clowns spouting about how Trump's tenure has the lowest amount of illegals crossing the border, then why the hell do you need a wall now of all times?
Why? Because the next guy with a D by his name will do just like the last guy and ignore the border, as well as tying the hands of the border patrol and doing nothing for facilities etc.

Come on man. You know damn well why a lot of people want it. Once it's there nobody is likely taking it down.

The only good arguments against a wall that I'm seeing is that we need to remove the incentive for illegals to come here. Fat fucking chance, despite wanting to see it myself. To me, if it cuts illegal immigration 10% from here on out it will have paid for itself many times over in just a few short years. But we all know damn well that illegals are getting all the inside help they need to come here and it's not going to stop as long as liberals exist and continue to argue as to why illegal immigration is valuable.

I used to sell security systems years back, and one of the common obstacles to overcome was people saying "I have a dog, or badass locks, or cameras, or a safe, or a gun. My response is truly something I believe to the core. "Those things are great, and we highly recommend you have all of them. Many of us have the same things. But a security plan should never rely on just one or two things. It should be layered and present an obstacle to as many intruders and situations as possible." Depending on language I might go several directions from there

A wall could be a huge part of multi layered security plan and ultimately lower illegal immigration for the forseeable future. And once it's up, it's not likely to come down, so it can assist our border patrol even with a dickhole president who wants the illegals to continue pouring in with little in the way of obstacles. If nothing else it stands as a deterrent, just like a little sticker on your window mentioning the alarm system you have. Sure, they might just try the neighbor's house instead, but that's exactly the funneling ability so many pro-wall folks are talking about.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in