The fucked up part is that this guy is likely going to go to trial and plead out with a misdemeanor assault pay a fine and get probation. And the lawyers, prosecutors and judges are going to pat themselves on the back and say they did a good job defending him, coming to a "fair" charge and sentence.
The really fucked part is that:
1. Somebody probably had to put their house up for the bail money and has to deal with a bail bondsman or some shit for years to come.
2. He's probably sitting in jail for 3 days waiting to be processed, all the while losing his job and income due to bad press and lack of attendance.
3. He has to sit in fucking jail which sucks exponentially.
4. This trial and negotiation bullshit will take a year or more to process with all the postponements and bullshit games the lawyers play.
5. He will spend thousands of dollars on lawyers defending him for defending himself.
6. Those two cunts who started it will get nothing but the opportunity to sit on the bench and say how they did nothing to start it and that he was the aggressor and the prosecutor will have them all dolled up in their sunday best just to roll this guy under the bus.
7. In the end he's broke and fucked in the head and the lawyers and judges will all go play golf together and talk about how he got off easy with a "fair" sentence.
If you have time take a listen to this podcast. It digs in and shows what happens in the back rooms of a courthouse. Episode 1 is a perfect example of somebody getting railroaded.