Trump to close border! - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2019, 05:29 PM   #76 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
no

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that ever being implemented. Really dumb even bringing it up.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 05:35 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RatBastard View Post
It's called negotiating. Mexico will step up their enforcement of the border next week. The difference in Trump and all the rest? They believe he will do it.
That will last for a week or two and then they will be right back to bussing them up to the border again.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 05:47 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 9307
You guys would have loved Mitt Romney. Safe like vanilla ice cream.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:52 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
why in the fuck would you need to be a citizen to transfer money

tourists can't get more $$ to blow at disney world? think it all the way through, it is pretty damn retarded in the most literal sense.
To transfer money OUT. Any non citizen is free to transfer millions here if they want, but not a penny leaves the USA unless it's a legal citizen.

It's not quite so retarded when you don't approach it from a retarded angle now is it?

Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #80 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
If everyone balking about money being spent for more border security spent a fraction of their time bitching about the thousands of other useless things we spend money on in this country, we might be getting somewhere.

4300 jobs is shit. We have how many useless .gov non-essential positions that we spend billions on already? A few billion more is going to be spent on dumb shit. It may as well be for more border security.

The rhetoric from those who want to sit and do nothing about border security is well past broken record status. Come up with a better solution or shut the fuck up already about border control. And I mean a realistic one that could be implemented under the current administration, not some pipe dream bullshit like "cut all the benefits". We can't even do that for actual citizens at this point with the useless bunch in congress, so how the fuck are we going to get there?
I have done that in another thread. It was a wall of text. Some people agreed it might work out. Others argued it would never happen. Everyone agreed they were right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
To transfer money OUT. Any non citizen is free to transfer millions here if they want, but not a penny leaves the USA unless it's a legal citizen.

It's not quite so retarded when you don't approach it from a retarded angle now is it?

That says all migrant workers. Not illegal migrant workers. Of the 28 billion, what's the percentage of the money that was sent by illegals that went untaxed? 50%? Of the 14 billion that went untaxed what is the cost on tax payers?

Our GDP is something like 19 or 20 trillion dollars.

You're talking about .75% of our GDP leaving by way of Migrants. .07% goes to Mexico and .04% goes untaxed? Come on. Tell me more about this travesty.
Action Fab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #81 (permalink)
VEX
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 46417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
I'm talking about expanding budget/tax liabilities. Isn't this whole issue over the burden on tax payers?
How much $$$ are the taxpayers currently on the hook for leaving it as it is?
How many Billions?
Your taxpayer burden stance is a joke right?

The taxpayer burden is increasing EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

Some permanent stops toward the influx will cost less than any amount in the future support of the illegals. Surely you've heard of 'one time cost' vs ongoing cost? As a business owner you should have such basic knowledge.

You could help out some though, just take a family of illegals in to live with you and your GF.
How many shall we put you down for?
That's what I thought.
Fucking hypocrite.
VEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 06:45 PM   #82 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEX View Post
How much $$$ are the taxpayers currently on the hook for leaving it as it is?
How many Billions?
Your taxpayer burden stance is a joke right?

The taxpayer burden is increasing EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

Some permanent stops toward the influx will cost less than any amount in the future support of the illegals. Surely you've heard of 'one time cost' vs ongoing cost? As a business owner you should have such basic knowledge.

You could help out some though, just take a family of illegals in to live with you and your GF.
How many shall we put you down for?
That's what I thought.
Fucking hypocrite.
Edit: This is a pretty good thread from a few months back I think everyone made some pretty interesting comments in it. https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...-border-2.html

I am of the opinion that this is a issue in how we go about granting citizenship or giving work visas and our own culture. There's obviously a need for these workers otherwise they'd stop coming. We have a domestic population who doesn't want to do skilled trade / manual labor type jobs at the current pay rate. That pay rate is dictated by the consumers ability to cover labor costs with the price of the end product or service.

The short of my argument is NAFTA and globalization have been unleashed. You can't close Pandoras Box now.

We have a system that rewards illegal migration. We're trying to stop a reward system with force. That seems silly. Just remove the part that is illegal and change the reward. Offer easy legal migration and then put a tax burden on the migrants that matches their contributions just like a legal citizen gets.

You get the whole under the table pay scale off the cash ticket and document the individuals in the process.

Personally, I think black markets are just too good of a business for bureaucrats and the news cycles sell their smoke screens. I don't think the boarder can be shut down. I certainly don't think we can shut of commerce with Mexico. And I don't think a lot of high ranking politicians/ alphabet agency leaders actually want to stop the illegal smuggling at the boarder.

Last edited by Action Fab; 03-30-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Action Fab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 07:35 PM   #83 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post

no, it is still dumb. That was money that was taxed when earned, or not, in compliance with federal and state tax law.

If it wasn't, then THAT is where the problem is. why does anybody give a fuck if they want to send $$ back to mexico so that people can stay in mexico would you really prefer that they simply bring everybody over here?

making mexico better is what limits the reward for high risk entry and other illegal shit into the USA.

adding a damn export tax or fee would simply be a money grab. 10% isn't going to stop folks from transfering, but it is going to be absurd and raise funds to simply be wasted by 'the system' while encouraging illegal transfers across the border.

laws for the sake of laws enforce the employment laws on the books, go after the employers. IDGAF if you are donald trump and your business hired illegals 20 years ago, they need to pay a fine and those folks kicked out.

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
I have done that in another thread. It was a wall of text. Some people agreed it might work out. Others argued it would never happen. Everyone agreed they were right.

That says all migrant workers. Not illegal migrant workers. Of the 28 billion, what's the percentage of the money that was sent by illegals that went untaxed? 50%? Of the 14 billion that went untaxed what is the cost on tax payers?

Our GDP is something like 19 or 20 trillion dollars.

You're talking about .75% of our GDP leaving by way of Migrants. .07% goes to Mexico and .04% goes untaxed? Come on. Tell me more about this travesty.
Every dollar trying to leave our country by an illegal should be stopped. No amount of blah blah will change that.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:40 PM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
no, it is still dumb. That was money that was taxed when earned, or not, in compliance with federal and state tax law.
Not an export tax. Don't care if it "was taxed", which is bullshit by the way because they take way more from our taxes than they "pay". If you're illegal you get denied at the bank when you try to move dollars out of the US. Very simple.

Want Mexico better? Stay in Mexico and make it better there, then come here and spend your money here on vacation, then go back home when your money is spent. Thank you, come again.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:48 PM   #86 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
it makes much more sense to say "illegal gets denied" rather than "citizen only" because there are other classes of people.

Know what would be easier? Transfer at the bank, bank reports it to the police, Deported. No bullshit 'blind eye' tax required

seriously though, sending money directly to family in MX is making MX better

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 08:36 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post

Not a snowballs chance in hell of that ever being implemented. Really dumb even bringing it up.
hey, look. it's another stupid motherfucker that doesn't know how to follow context

must be @Action Fab 's great great great great grandma

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 08:43 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
it makes much more sense to say "illegal gets denied" rather than "citizen only" because there are other classes of people.

Know what would be easier? Transfer at the bank, bank reports it to the police, Deported. No bullshit 'blind eye' tax required

Illegal gets denied. Exactly. Sorry, wish I would have said it better earlier.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:49 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 685122
Quote:

FDIC. Banks don't deal with the locals unless they are getting robbed. After that, pick any alphabet X3.
TheCopperCowboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 11:40 PM   #90 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 95939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...playing-games/

Fuck yeah! Shut them bitches down and make that shit hole known as mexico do something. They need to shut off all western union, and other wire transfers to the country as well. Finacially cripple the country and force them to respond.
This will do it, I've seen them all use these services to send money home while they live 8 to a 1 bed apartment and pay no taxes. The whole time they use emergency departments as doctors for every sniffle but dont pay a dime.

As the slaughter of WW2 fades, the young gear up for something they will wish they had not wished for.

Quote:
I hope the little stickie out leg on the R gives you a rectal tear as you shove it up your ass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DR. SMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2019, 08:44 AM   #91 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 70340

WTB:
* LSX/6L80 complete takeout
* Complete DE Hydro steering system
* Millermatic Multiprocess or 255 MIG
* Tuffy Overhead Console
* Bump Stops

Last edited by Jorge Meza; 04-04-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Jorge Meza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 110475
Quote:
I'm talking about expanding budget/tax liabilities. Isn't this whole issue over the burden on tax payers?
I'd rather my tax dollars be spent keeping the illegals out then supporting them, even 1:1.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #93 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Alfred W ain't got nothing on that legend Donald J Trump! That comb-over MF, closed that border and only 393 Pedros got across at one time. Send 'em to LA, that's where all their Tia's and Tio's are anyway. An not like that would encourage more Pedros to cross so they get a free ride to SoCal.

Quote:
TUCSON — Border Patrol agents on Tuesday morning processed the largest single group of migrants ever apprehended along the state's border with Mexico.

At least 393 migrants, mostly Central American families, walked across the U.S.-Mexico border about 4:30 a.m., some 14 miles west of the Lukeville port of entry. They turned themselves in to agents, according to Roy Villareal, the chief patrol agent for Border Patrol's Tucson Sector.

Villareal said the group was mostly made up of minors ranging in age from infants to teenagers. Of the 393 people processed so far, 199 were minors who had traveled with parents, while 39 others were unaccompanied minors, he said. The number could rise as agents continued processing migrants throughout Tuesday.

The size of the group and the response from Border Patrol created other problems, he said.

"This group today, just under 400, created a tremendous gap in border security," Villareal said. "I had to close the checkpoint in Ajo. I had to allocate almost an entire station to begin transporting this group of 400 to a secure location to provide care."

Border Patrol apprehended a group of 393 migrants in the Arizona desert on April 16, 2019.
Border Patrol apprehended a group of 393 migrants in the Arizona desert on April 16, 2019. (Photo: Courtesy of U.S. Border Patrol)

What the video shows
The Border Patrol released a 2-minute video of the crossing, recorded by infrared cameras. The images show three charter buses stopping at the crossing site along Mexican Federal Highway 2, which runs parallel to the U.S.-Mexico border.

As the buses stop, groups of migrants get off and walk several hundred yards north to the border. The video then shows the large group walking easily past the vehicle barriers delineating the international boundary.

Villareal said he believes the area has been repeatedly targeted by smugglers because of the easy access from the Mexican side along that highway, and because there is little infrastructure on the U.S. side.

"It's easy. They recognize that they can walk right across; it's orchestrated," he said. "Let's not be deceived here, this is an orchestrated effort by a criminal syndicate. There are thousands of dollars being generated by this effort."

Border Patrol scrambles to respond
Border Patrol officials said they spotted the chartered buses on cameras and immediately deployed agents to the location to receive the migrants, who turned themselves in voluntarily.

The group was so large that the Border Patrol had to pull officers from the nearby Ajo checkpoint and other assignments. National Park Service employees stationed at the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument also were called in to help process the group.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...le/3490250002/

This particular area of the border near Lukeville has been very active in the past eight months. Villareal said this was the 40th group with more than 50 migrants that has crossed through the area.

READ MORE: Border-fence construction ramps up in Arizona

To date, the federal government has not announced any plans to replace the vehicle barriers west of Lukeville where the large groups have been crossing. This year, construction crews will replace 5 miles of existing wire-mesh fencing around the Lukeville port of entry with newer bollard designs.

The Border Patrol is making some changes to its logistics in the area, although officials in the past have declined to talk about other operational changes, citing enforcement-sensitive concerns.

"We're looking at altering our bus route, our service utilized to transport the aliens from stations to the central processing area," Villareal said. "We're also trying to acquire buses so that we can get them out of the field as quickly as possible into a safe and secure location."

Border Patrol apprehended a group of 393 migrants in the Arizona desert on April 16, 2019.
Border Patrol apprehended a group of 393 migrants in the Arizona desert on April 16, 2019. (Photo: Courtesy of U.S. Border Patrol)

Record number of migrants
Tuesday's group of 393 migrants is now the largest single group ever recorded along Arizona's border with Mexico. It surpassed the group of 376 migrants that dug holes under the border fence in San Luis and turned themselves in to agents in January.

Have any news tips or story ideas about the U.S.-Mexico border? Reach the reporter at [email protected], or follow him on Twitter at @RafaelCarranza.

Support local journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.
Roc Doc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #94 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Fucking Hell. Why can't they cross into California where they belong. Trampas would buy they all a ticket to a Clippers game and an avocado.

Quote:
PHOENIX — The mayor of a southern Arizona town declared a state of emergency this week due to an influx of migrants being released from federal custody into the city in recent weeks.

Yuma Mayor Douglas Nicholls told KTAR News 92.3 FM the declaration was issued Tuesday after border agents said they were bringing 70 people to a shelter that already reached its capacity of 200. There have been more than 1,300 migrants dropped off in the city so far, he added.

“At that point, we were not only above capacity, we were significantly above capacity,” Nicholls said.

“In talking and watching the recent activity along the border and talking to Border Patrol, it became apparent that this was not a blip on the radar, but a consistent trend of increasing volume.”

Nicholls said he hopes the declaration will either bring more resources to help the town, which is about 25 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border, deal with the influx of migrants or change where they are dropped off.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

City of Yuma
@cityofyuma
Mayor of Yuma Douglas Nicholls (@MayorNicholls) signed a Proclamation of Emergency in Yuma on Apr. 16, due to the high number of migrant family releases by USBP overwhelming the non-profit shelter system. View a video with his comments here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2...IZb58eXLlI0&e=

6:11 PM - Apr 16, 2019
95 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Gov. Doug Ducey’s spokesman Patrick Ptak pointed to Congress as the cause of what he called a humanitarian crisis in Yuma.

“In the wake of (Congress’) inaction, our office is working with local governments, nonprofits and our federal partners to maximize available resources and ensure proper coordination between ICE officials and groups providing temporary services to migrants,” Ptak said in a Tuesday statement to KTAR News.

Vice President Mike Pence said in a Wednesday tweet that he hopes the emergency declaration will push “Democrats to acknowledge this crisis and get to work.”

Related Links
Overwhelmed by families, Border Patrol releasing detainees in Yuma
15,600 immigrants apprehended in Arizona's border sectors in March
Arizona's Immigration Crisis: Take a tour along the US-Mexico border
Arizona’s Immigration Crisis: How border towns are impacted
Nogales mayor says Trump policies are costing city thousands of dollars
Video shows group of nearly 400 migrants cross Arizona border
Arizona’s Immigration Crisis: Phoenix-area nonprofits work to help migrants
Nicholls said nonprofits in the town set up the shelter system three weeks ago, after Border Patrol officials called him saying they would start releasing migrants — mainly families — in Yuma.

“From the city’s point of view, we don’t want hundreds, potentially thousands, of people walking around the community without resources, food, shelter, not knowing how they will get to their next destination,” he said.

“It’s a catastrophe waiting to happen. But with the help of the nonprofits, we were able to avert that for three weeks.”

The reaction to the influx has been mixed, Nicholls said. Some community members have been reaching out to help and provide resources, while others express frustration about the situation.

Nicholls said the best case scenario for Yuma would be to have border agents release migrants in a community “that can handle the size of releases and demands.”

But he added he realizes that would take “allocation from the federal government to do that.”
Roc Doc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #95 (permalink)
No

Member # 106663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
Alfred W ain't got nothing on that legend Donald J Trump! That comb-over MF, closed that border and only 393 Pedros got across at one time. Send 'em to LA, that's where all their Tia's and Tio's are anyway. An not like that would encourage more Pedros to cross so they get a free ride to SoCal.
From your quoted article:
Quote:
Villareal said he believes the area has been repeatedly targeted by smugglers because of the easy access from the Mexican side along that highway, and because there is little infrastructure on the U.S. side.

"It's easy. They recognize that they can walk right across; it's orchestrated," he said. "Let's not be deceived here, this is an orchestrated effort by a criminal syndicate. There are thousands of dollars being generated by this effort."
Yeah a wall would not be effective there, lets continue spending money on Afghanistan or something.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 11056
Send a message via AIM to B-rock Send a message via Yahoo to B-rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Meza View Post

THIS!!! everytime he talks about the wall this needs to be played.
B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 05:33 AM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 9307
And...Mexican Police Detain Hundreds of Migrants in Sweeping Raid | Time
Old 04-24-2019, 06:52 PM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Averaging over 1500 a day in S TX. 80% are being released.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 101209
News is reporting in all of 2018 404000 immigrants cross the border,

that's the ones they know about it

from January to today 418000 have already crossed the border, tell me this isn't out of control

And the retards that talk about some of these illegals that are working with fake Social Security numbers and are paying taxes don't realize they're letting them claim multiple people at one residence

a news report showed an illegal at a trailer park where apparently 12 people were living and they all got multiple thousand-dollar returns which are net gain of zero tax dollars.

The family that was living in the trailer was a man a wife and one child, but all his friends used his address to get their tax returns.

thus nonsense has to be stopped some how....and i agree with going after the employers that's one way to stop the flow

A Nation of sheep will beget a Government of wolves.[/COLOR]
Edward Murrow
DT75FLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in