Seattle is dying - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2019, 07:08 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 7412
send in Charles Bronson
Old 03-31-2019, 07:17 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 65706
I lived at ground zero (Vermont Inn) in downtown from 95-97. What I seen then, till now; leaves me speechless. I moved there just weeks after Cobain suck started a shot gun. It was a dark time, lots of drug use and heaps of homeless. It was actually still paradise compared to what it is now. I even watched a self amputate his leg off at the thigh behind my building in the alley. Yes it was bad, but nothing like this.. There's a huge and disturbing elements that they left out of this story, and that's the age of the homeless. When I was up there, about 10-20% were younger than 12.. It was sad as fuck. And there's only one word to describe what I seen back then, Heroin.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:55 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 34865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWT View Post
The place is even more fucked up than the video shows. Literally everything you could do to drive out the working class and replace them with elitists is happening.

When I say I want the place to fall into the ocean it isn't some kind of metaphor, I really and truly despise the city and everything it stands for with a deep seated hatred. The liberal elites run the whole state from seattle and we are all worse off because of it.
Sadly I think that is every state now. The big cities political views control the rest of the state. Sad
Old 03-31-2019, 09:21 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man View Post
Glad I lived on the Olympic Peninsula. Once again, legalize drugs and the problem will go away, correct? Ignore non violent crimes, incarceration rates will drop.
You didn't watch the video, and if you didn't you were too dense to understand it.

The video specifically refutes the "just police less and the problem will go away" position.

Broken Windows concept works, it's how Trump, Guiliani, and pals Meuller, Rosenstein, and the big Corps cleaned up New York.

The big-profile cases were handled by Julie and buds while underneath the NYPD and other agencies even down to Sanitation and Housing were ordered to mass-prosecute nuisance crimes and to racially-profile citizens, and the city went from 3rd World Shithole to Urban Disneyland in 15 years.

Seattle and San Francisco did literally the opposite and now there are 7 apps that track shit-piles in the bay area.
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 09:26 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunracer1 View Post
send in Charles Bronson
Take your police, which is a jobs program for unemployable Blue Collar workers now, and send them into these shitholes. Have them arrest people for disorderly conduct, public intoxication, petty theft, assault, A&B, etc, and put them in the system.

Then have a Judiciary that correctly discriminates between victims and predators, and throw the predators in jail AND KEEP THEM THERE.

IOW, exactly what the video said.

Cops will be happy b/c no one likes to be a feckless cunt who has no real job. Morale improves greatly when the Workers, in this case beat cops and run of the mill detectives, get even a smidgen of backing from the System.

Literaly take that asshole Joe Arpaio's policies to the max. Put them in tent camps (where they live anyway) and allow them out to clean up all the shit and tent cities they erected, and keep them in prison as long as necessary to starve the drug pipelines.

That and build the wall with military-style summary executions at the border, with mass deportation of every single illegal Alien and those that employ them are probably the only things that can head off the surely violent conflict America is headed for.

Screenshot this, you heard it here first. A Fascist-style crackdown is the only thing that's going to save your kids from getting suicide vested anywhere from 10 to 40 years from now.

Good luck, innawoods won't save you.

Last edited by EverNoob; 03-31-2019 at 09:27 AM.
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 01:17 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
For anyone familiar with Chico (80 miles north of Sacramento, about 90k people, where Sierra Nevada brewery was founded) used to be a nice clean big town.

The liberals are straight up letting bums take over, they piss and shit all over downtown. Shoot up in public, ect. Shop owners are leaving the down town area in high numbers.

Meanwhile the liberals are trying to build more shelters because they need our help
I lived there for about a year in 1993... was a nice town! So it's also gone by the wayside now eh? To bad...
Old 03-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #57 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
[QUOTE=rubelcon;44383432]................I even watched a self amputate his leg off at the thigh behind my building in the alley.........../QUOTE]

WTHLF?

Always tip.

plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post

What's worse:

-American citizens who don't contribute and are a drain on social systems?

Illegal immigrants who contribute physical labor and are a drain on social systems?
Illegals are worse because they do not belong here.

Americans who are deadbeats are at least our countrymen. Who need their asses kicked to straighten out and fly right, or be placed in an institution. Or prison.

Always tip.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:15 PM   #59 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post

Americans who are deadbeats are at least our countrymen. Who need their asses kicked to straighten out and fly right, or be placed in an institution. Or prison.
I'm not arguing with your opinion. It is interesting to me how the geographic location of someone's birth outweighs their competence and contribution.

I'm curious why that is.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
I'm not arguing with your opinion. It is interesting to me how the geographic location of someone's birth outweighs their competence and contribution.

I'm curious why that is.
Has nothing to do with where you are born, you sound like a liberal that calls all illegals "immigrants" and groups them in with LEGAL ones as if they are the same.

It's all about doing things legally vs. sneaking into our country.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 02:54 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 199544
Quote:
WTHLF ?
Interested in this scenario; was it because a boo-boo was infected w/maggots ??
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 03:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
Has nothing to do with where you are born, you sound like a liberal that calls all illegals "immigrants" and groups them in with LEGAL ones as if they are the same.

Just like Seattle- leave food on the ground, then get mad/act surprised when ants show up. Stop giving away free shit, and only productive people will come here. Deadbeat Americans can keep their damned hands off my paycheck, too.

Streamline the legal citizenship process so that it takes less than a decade. People would freak out if a CCW permit took that long, but to legally become a citizen with 2a rights it's fine?
Old 03-31-2019, 03:31 PM   #63 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post

Just because I don't blindly follow the bullet points set by the Republican party, doesn't mean I'm a Democrat or even liberal minded.

I'm in favor of immigration that more closely resembles the policy we had at the turn of the industrial revolution. Maybe if we acted a lot less like Seattle with all the welfare programs we wouldn't be attracting deadbeat immigrants.

But at the moment I'm just asking questions and trying to understand other people's opinions.

In the case of your rebuttal. It seems that's not a very fair assessment given the actions of the Americans being represented in the documentary. The Americans in question are most certainly sneaking around federal laws and behaving in a criminal manner.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:

I'm curious why that is.
Because where you are born determines your citizenship. If you want to go to a different country, you follow a procedure. It is not about competence or contribution, it is about citizenship or other approved mechanism of presence.

I am curious why you find that curious. Are you also curious about how some people are born to wealthier parents?

Always tip.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #65 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:
But at the moment I'm just asking questions and trying to understand other people's opinions.
Hmmm. Let's say we have two carpenters. Both can frame a house like nobody's business; they are equally competent and contributing.

One bought his tools. The other stole them.

One is legit. The other is a criminal.

That's the difference.

Always tip.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:31 PM   #66 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Hmmm. Let's say we have two carpenters. Both can frame a house like nobody's business; they are equally competent and contributing.

One bought his tools. The other stole them.

One is legit. The other is a criminal.

That's the difference.
I understand that you are trying to use a metaphor to explain reasoning. It's a bit of a straw man argument. Crossing the boarder without declaration is hardly equivalent to theft of property. Especially a mans tools.

I think i understand your stance. I guess I am much more inclined to self-governance and my own sense of right and wrong than the allegiance to a governing body who dictates what is or isn't moral. That's likely our differences in thought process.

To me. These homeless people in Seattle are way worse than any illegal laborers I've ever met. Even the vatos who regularly broke into cars when I lived in Grand Prairie Texas at least had the decency to pick up after themselves and not create trash heaps in the street. Haha

Last edited by Action Fab; 03-31-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:33 PM   #67 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:
I understand that you are trying to use a metaphor to explain reasoning. It's a bit of a straw man argument. Crossing the boarder without declaration is hardly equivalent to theft of property. Especially a mans tools.

I think i understand your stance. I guess I am much more inclined to self-governance than blind allegiance to a governor. That's likely our differences in thought process.
So your opinion is that it does not matter because you do not believe in the rule of law? Or just the laws you agree with?

Had not realized that you were a Mafioso.

Always tip.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #68 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
So your opinion is that it does not matter because you do not believe in the rule of law? Or just the laws you agree with?

Nah, man. I'm just having a conversation and trying to understand other people's thought process and reasoning.

Your opinion means nothing less and nothing more than my own. They're all meaningless and unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

I do believe in the rule of law as long as those laws are working within our human rights. I think every human should have the rights given by the US constitution. It seems ridiculous as someone with those rights, for me to dictate the liberties of someone born into a region of the world without them. I hope everyone has the privilege to be treated with that kind of respect.

I want a secure boarder too. I just think the combination of welfare and citizenship processes has our immigration system tied in knots. The idea that any of these people are doing something I wouldn't do in their shoes is also on my mind.

Lots of selfishness being thrown about in this issue is under the guise of "it's the law".

If we were talking about a pre-NAFTA America, my opinion might actually be different.

But if we're going to lead the front and participate in the UN's version of globalization. We have to be ethical about it. Otherwise we just end up being the dictatorship of the world. Which I'm not really for.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:

I'm sure if you could get your head as far up your ass as he's got his, you would probably see his point of view more clearly.

Just saying.
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #70 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
What Iím most concerned about is the illegals driving up the countryís health insurance costs. I would be for a massive green card program where in order to come and stay here you need to have proof of health and automobile insurance. It pisses me off to no end seeing the Er used as a primary physicians office knowing that my bill will increased to cover it. Action you yourself just had to deal with this issue just a few weeks back.

I know for a fact that the ins mandate will never be enacted, the only thing that can be done at the moment is build a damn wall and stop them from ever coming. E verify would help a ton but with how crooked both sides of the isle is it will never happen either. I want the all of the hard working willing to assimilate, immigratants allowed to enter this country. The gangbangers, the mooches, the drug addicts can stay out period.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 161331
Quote:
Crossing the boarder without declaration is hardly equivalent to theft of property.
With the money we spend on border protection and all the legal costs once they get here it costs a shit load of tax money. This comes out of My pocket and yours. That alone should be enough to piss you off.

God forbid one of them should pop out a kid on this side of the border. Anchor babies can create a whole family tree of people free loading off our system.

They want to immigrate legally and pay taxes, I'm all for it. If not, they can go back to the shithole they came from.
bdkw1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 05:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
@Thepanzerfuhrer- I probably agree with most of what you are saying. My take on the situation is Trump, the Deep state, Mexican government, Mexican citizens, Texas Government, Immigration Informant... etc. They're all going to do what they are going to do. I'd rather my opinion be based on virtue and personal beliefs that I actually hold rather than settling for the options offered by my government.

Likewise in Seattle. We have to go on what we actually believe is right and wrong, not what their city is proclaiming.

When a matter is completely out of your hands:

A) Is it better to have an opinion based solely on principles?

B) Is it better to have an opinion based on the reality of options available?

C) Is it better to hold no opinion at all?
Old 03-31-2019, 05:57 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
In the case of your rebuttal. It seems that's not a very fair assessment given the actions of the Americans being represented in the documentary. The Americans in question are most certainly sneaking around federal laws and behaving in a criminal manner.
What laws? What crimes?
Doesn't matter, no need to compare a legal homeless citizen with an illegal alien. Why even bring up immigration when we're talking about bums?

Last edited by Yota Up; 03-31-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:22 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 232653
I deal with the homeless every.single.day. As in, clean up after them, listen to them ďassociatingĒ with each other while i am repairing things they destroyed in the next toilet stall. It is amazing to me how many suffer treatable mental illness, or are homeless by choice. Even the mentally ill know they donít want three hots and a cot.
If I was ruler of the world, or at least of the white bred suburb I live in, i would make mental health care widely available, and make it incredibly unwelcoming to be homeless. I hate to be harsh, but prosecute panhandlers, as well as those that give them money. Make sure that there is a place for them to sleep. Say, an abandoned big box store. Basically get them the help they need so that they can either overcome their mental health problems, or have a desire to be off the streets. As long as it is welcoming, they will still live that lifestyle.
Az Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 11:53 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
I hate to be harsh, but prosecute panhandlers, as well as those that give them money. Make sure that there is a place for them to sleep.
Except for the part about those that give them money, because those folks are just doing what they think is a nice thing to do, you're not harsh, that's actually caring about the bums. They'll all tell you later that you saved their life and the day they got arrested was the best gift in of their life. They get rehab, therapy, and medicine while locked up and come out a person with a better chance to succeed.

Last edited by Yota Up; 03-31-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in