Is Apple in fact ACTUALLY shit? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 52443
Is Apple in fact ACTUALLY shit?

The lawsuit, filed by the City of Roseville Employees’ Retirement Fund, estimates that hundreds of thousands of investors suffered economic loss and is seeking class action status.

“This is new territory for Apple,” said President and CEO of Joint Venture Silicon Valley Russ Hancock. “Apple has been this company that just could do not wrong; everything they touched turned to gold.” But the lawsuit paints a different story. Read more.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 548137
will be a tough sell since the price of it's stock is a whopping 3% from the highs in October. Anyone who bought Jan 4 is up 30%. The suit may have merit, but with no damages to investors, rather pointless.

they DID disclose (sometime in 4th quarter) that China sales were slowing, so they'll have a tough time alleging Apple hid slumping sales numbers....

Last edited by denverd1; 04-17-2019 at 09:08 AM.
denverd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 81613
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
The lawsuit, filed by the City of Roseville Employees’ Retirement Fund, estimates that hundreds of thousands of investors suffered economic loss and is seeking class action status.

“This is new territory for Apple,” said President and CEO of Joint Venture Silicon Valley Russ Hancock. “Apple has been this company that just could do not wrong; everything they touched turned to gold.” But the lawsuit paints a different story. Read more.
I didn't read it... need cliff notes posted

diversify
probably just a lawyer trying to get a big paycheck

my company got sued for having too high 401k fees, they settled before going to trial and now the 401k got moved to another custodian but kept the same funds and the savings is 8 basis points and about $10 per fund or something like that per year lower.
compared to my wife's 401K and other I have seen , ours was pretty low and reasonable.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 548137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
I didn't read it... need cliff notes posted

diversify
probably just a lawyer trying to get a big paycheck

my company got sued for having too high 401k fees, they settled before going to trial and now the 401k got moved to another custodian but kept the same funds and the savings is 8 basis points and about $10 per fund or something like that per year lower.
compared to my wife's 401K and other I have seen , ours was pretty low and reasonable.
that's another shit show altogether. Most plans I work with actually saw an increase in fees that arose from bringing in a 3rd party to oversee the advisor. WTF?
denverd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
AT&T just got hit with a few class action suits from investors over them not disclosing how many subscribers DirectTV Now was losing. Seems like investors suing will be the next big thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 81613
seem to be a lot of that going on
Inogen is another one last quarter they met expectations but are being sued, the lawyers should be on the hook to the company for the amount they are suing for if they loose.
that right there took a big chunk out of the stock

https://www.bernlieb.com/cases/inoge...aud-stock-115/
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
AT&T just got hit with a few class action suits from investors over them not disclosing how many subscribers DirectTV Now was losing. Seems like investors suing will be the next big thing
Unfortunately it's been the thing for a while, but it does seem to be picking up in momentum lately. It makes it hard for some of these companies to operate as the lawsuits tend to scare investors, even if they're totally frivolous, and they're at the very least out a bunch of legal fees to get them resolved.

While I sincerely believe Apple is a shitty company that markets their products to people that don't know better or are sub-IQ in nature, both of those things are reasonably legal, and I can't agree with the nature of this lawsuit as reasonably they don't have to disclose specifics of sales except during quarterly (or annual, depending) earnings reports (this was disclosed on a quarterly report).

You invest in what you think is a "can't lose" or "golden child" and well... Past performance does not guarantee future results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in