High BP Pirate edition. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2019, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 102395
High BP Pirate edition.

Yep. High blood pressure.

So I've been dealing with this for years and now I'm pissed, which isn't helping.

I get it under control for a bit, but after a while it's right back up. Now it's affecting a job opportunity.

I'm on meds and have been for years now.

All the doctor says is "Well...ya gotta get it gown!"

I'm ready to drag the midget through the streets behind my truck. Now I know I'm gonna get "Well get a new Dr" but ever since the new health care crap health care just seems to be crap...I cant tell you how many doctors retired with the new health care stuff and get to a new doctor where I am, well, just isn't really in the cards...I've tried.

I guess It mostly a vent.

But sheesh....I'm tired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you were twice as smart you would still be stupid!

But, as with most evil people, they live unnaturally long lives.

Dr Danger
lil,yota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 53528
besides a magic pill in a bottle what have you been doing to reduce it? eating habbits? drinking? more than a beer or two a day will raise it. exercise?
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 685122
Twist one.
TheCopperCowboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 102813
If you are a drinker....

Did you know that three days sober after drinking will put your BP at itís highest?

[COLOR="Lime"]The good guys...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Marlin Crawler, Hellfire Fabworks, Dave'z Offroad, gearinstalls.com (Zuk), Diamond Axle, RADesigns, Advanced Adapters, Jantz Engineering, G-Fab motorsports, Got Propane, JHF [/COLOR]
Mr Stubs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
What did you expect?

Member # 119290
Chasing mine down now. Lost 28 lbs so far, cut back hard on drinking. Was at 185 / 110,(late january) now at 145/84. Heart rate has been 58-64 the whole time. Weird bit is that my sodium is low, so he wants me to have more salt/drink less water.

Last edited by HAPPYJOHN; 04-29-2019 at 09:37 PM.
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Baconologyst

Member # 32029
Iíve been on bp meds for a couple years now. I kind of saw it coming. Iíve been eating whatever I want all of my life. I am also a regular blood donor, so Iíve been watching bp results on all of my donation visits going higher over time

I thought it may be time to talk to my Dr when I heard, ďIs your bp always this high?Ē on more than one occasion

I just filled my script, it has ď0Ē refills on the bottle which means itís getting close to blood work time again
Old 04-29-2019, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 619097
Last trip to the doc 124/83 and 65 bpm. I guess I'm ok
#1SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 10:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
diet? exercise?

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rednek

Member # 52387
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
I'm sure mine is high. I really don't want to know what it is. I figure I'll just stroke out in a fit of rage induced beast mode work someday. You know the type... where you're annoyed by stupid people/idiots, so you say fuck it I'll do it myself and clench your teeth and power through whatever they're struggling with in 1/4 of the time it would take them to do it....
Old 04-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Baconologyst

Member # 32029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
diet? exercise?
I think mine may be hereditary (adopted at birth so who knows)

I just turned 56, Iím 6í1Ē #195

I stay pretty active, and my diet has improved since I got on the meds. I quit smoking years ago, my only vice is a couple (or three) drinks in the evening
Old 04-29-2019, 10:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Circus Ring ******

Member # 867108
CBD

John Wayne
True Grit
Bubba the Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 53453
OP has "yota" in username; blood pressure is high from frequent large anal injections. Recommend not being such a faggot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 95763
My doc just started to investigate mine.

I exercise regularly. Starting to watch my sodium intake and such.

Doc has me measuring my BP every day. I'm in the 145/80 average. Don't know if he will put me on meds. I have an appointment this week to find out.

FWIW I've always had high BP even when I was in my 20s. My Grandfather died from a heart attack at 60 and it scares the shit out of me.

Last edited by KarlVP; 04-29-2019 at 10:48 PM.
KarlVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 11:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 21766
Mine is 120/80. I have no advice
RgdL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 11:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 72617
I don't understand it... 145/75 WTF? I have been on blood pressure meds for ten to fifteen years now. Losartan 100mg and Amlodipine 5mg.
I started drinking a pot (15cup) of strong coffee every morning and down a 750ml of red wine every night. I do watch my weight (172lb) and walk a brisk 4 miles every day.
My gut feeling on this, I may need a change up on the meds, and cut back on the wine.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
OP has "yota" in username; blood pressure is high from frequent large anal injections. Recommend not being such a faggot.

we all know jeep fans are the biggest cock lovers, is this your special rainbow way of flirting with him?
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 12:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdacat View Post
I don't understand it... 145/75 WTF? I have been on blood pressure meds for ten to fifteen years now. Losartan 100mg and Amlodipine 5mg.
I started drinking a pot (15cup) of strong coffee every morning and down a 750ml of red wine every night. I do watch my weight (172lb) and walk a brisk 4 miles every day.
My gut feeling on this, I may need a change up on the meds, and cut back on the wine.
And the caffeine! It will raise your BP as well. Combine wine and caffeine with a high sodium diet and your ask8ng for high bp.
Are you doing the losartan in the am and amlodipine at night? Or both together?
See if he will switch you to Valsartan 320mg(max dose). 100mg is the max dose for losartan. Supposedly the valsartan is more effective.

Last edited by Stuckntx; 04-30-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 12:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil,yota View Post
Yep. High blood pressure.

So I've been dealing with this for years and now I'm pissed, which isn't helping.

I get it under control for a bit, but after a while it's right back up. Now it's affecting a job opportunity.

I'm on meds and have been for years now.

All the doctor says is "Well...ya gotta get it gown!"

I'm ready to drag the midget through the streets behind my truck. Now I know I'm gonna get "Well get a new Dr" but ever since the new health care crap health care just seems to be crap...I cant tell you how many doctors retired with the new health care stuff and get to a new doctor where I am, well, just isn't really in the cards...I've tried.

I guess It mostly a vent.

But sheesh....I'm tired
Are you on any anxiety meds? Several of them will actually cause high bp if not dosed correctly. Or if not maybe you should be? Stress and anxiety will jack your pressure up and bp meds may not help but anxiety meds could.
Doc checking all of your meds (if any) for interactions? Even with vitamins or supplements? Many people forget to list all the supplements they may be on when they go to the docs because theyre OTC but they could be a problem.

Last edited by Stuckntx; 04-30-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 03:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Get it checked often, especially if they change your meds. It is called the silent killer. If you don;t like your Dr then find a different one, nothing worse than not trusting someone who is going to stick a finger up your butt
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 03:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17637
Cold medicine will raise it to the point of nurses wondering how you are still alive. If you are on cold medicine, use the fucking measuring cup, don't take a swig out of the bottle. I have a coworker that did that. That's how I know. My BP is always low.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:48 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfblue40 View Post
I think mine may be hereditary (adopted at birth so who knows)

I just turned 56, Iím 6í1Ē #195

I stay pretty active, and my diet has improved since I got on the meds. I quit smoking years ago, my only vice is a couple (or three) drinks in the evening
Not to be rude, but just because your weight is good, doesnt mean youre healthy. You need to get in a *Daily* routine of both aerobic and anaerobic workouts (running and weight lifting). You will see your BP magically respond faster than anything else youve tried.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 1930
Exercise helps but bad genetics are bad genetics. I was in the best shape of my life when I had to go on BP meds. Was running 5 days a week(30 ish miles) or riding my bike 100 miles a week and lifting weights, racing dirt bikes, etc.., was eating super healthy and my BP was running 175/110.

Took almost two years to find a cocktail of meds that controlled it and didn’t make me feel like shit. Cardiologist just changed my meds again this month cause my HR was too low. (Low 40’s).

Yoga probably helps mine the most. I’m 6ft 175lbs.

I have another damn stress test and echo tomorrow. This will be my third at the ripe old age of 41.
YJ4RoX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 08:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 90667
It's more common than doctor's lead on for you to believe. Not that you shouldn't worry about it but it boils down to other things that are involved, not just your BP. As mentioned, if you do the right things you shouldn't worry as much.

I have hypertension myself and it spikes on occasion. It's most likely hereditary for both my parents have issues. But the doctor says as long as I'm in good health otherwise (the other things involved), that I'm out of the "risk" category.

I gave it my best last year and did everything I could to get it down. Ran every day. Ate like an Olympic athlete. And cut back on my drinking. Nothing changed except outlook that I'm pretty much doomed anyways. So I just act like it's not there and hope for the best.

I predict I will probably die of something quick, self induced and very stupid and has nothing to do with health anyways. I also believe we see outside of our bodies after death as our soul leaves. Just enough for me to look down and remorse about how stupid I was to do what I did that killed myself...
Gittinwidit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 09:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 253146
I check mine every night when I set my dialysis machine. Its one way to watch for peritonitis. My BP has been as high as 230/145 during insulin reactions. Those are stroke level. And for anyone that says I will just stroke out and be done, maybe not. Sometimes a stroke doesnt kill you, but leaves you fucked up. Slurred speech, no use of one side of your body, drooping of the face. My wife was very lucky with her recovery from her stroke last year, but she was one of the lucky ones. Watch that shit, cause its not hard to do. Yes, there are up and down days. I am on a combination of Losartan, Diltiazam, and hydraulazine (fast acting that works well for me). Last night my BP was 115/75 even with having issues with the boy (bad issues and wont go into them here). My dad died in '11 from a massive heart attack, and he was only 63. I also do some other tests (for my transplant) and the worst is the Cardio Nuclear Stress test. It is the most comprehensive test they can run on the heart without opening the cjest. I have to do one every year to make sure my heart is strong enough for the transplant. The Drs. say I have a good strong heart and I dont want to fuk that up.

You guys with high BP. Get it under control. Yes Drs. suck, but so does being dead at 50. Nobody here wants to read a post because someone died of a heart attack....Stay Pirate brothers

Last edited by BLOODBANE; 04-30-2019 at 09:37 AM.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 7907
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ4RoX View Post
Exercise helps but bad genetics are bad genetics. I was in the best shape of my life when I had to go on BP meds. Was running 5 days a week(30 ish miles) or riding my bike 100 miles a week and lifting weights, racing dirt bikes, etc.., was eating super healthy and my BP was running 175/110.

Took almost two years to find a cocktail of meds that controlled it and didnít make me feel like shit. Cardiologist just changed my meds again this month cause my HR was too low. (Low 40ís).

Yoga probably helps mine the most. Iím 6ft 175lbs.

I have another damn stress test and echo tomorrow. This will be my third at the ripe old age of 41.
This.

Seems like I woke up with HBP one day in my 40's. I was otherwise healthy, target weight great, exercise regularly, etc.

My mom was the same healthwise when she got HBP, in her 40's as well. Doc says genetics in my case.
GonPostal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in