AOCís dumbfounded by a... - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 9095
Send a message via AIM to 44Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
The Internet says disposals were outlawed in NYC in the 70's due to sewer problems. That have been legal since 1997...Internet also says disposals are banned in Raleigh NC...
Yes, they have been legal since 97 in NYC. They are still not very standard on new construction in NYC either like they are basically everywhere else.

That being said, to not know what one is or even how to use one and to go so far as to call it "bougie" means she is really out of touch and as we all know, pretty damn stupid.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyJeep View Post
You appear to be talking about the person that evidently believes the video he posted is literally of AOC questioning a garbage disposal unit. How do you expect him to think, let alone rethink anything?
Prove me wrong mouth.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 29527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
Prove me wrong mouth.
It may be easier to prove you right. Apparently, it really is her
Old 05-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
I'd like to see a debate between AOC and PEG.
IMO that would be like a debate between 2 kids on the yellow special ed bus.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
IMO that would be like a debate between 2 kids on the yellow special ed bus.
So pretty much the same thing as when you two argue with each other.

I know, I know ďonce again youíve showed your ignorance on the subjectĒ, no need to reply
Old 05-08-2019, 06:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5851
Send a message via AIM to KacksterK5
I'd ban all of them if I could. People are fucking retarded and think they can dump anything down the drain. The amount of food, grease, rags, tampons, latex gloves, Q-Tips, and trash that my guys have to pull out of clogged lines and pumps is ridiculous. The Only things that should go down the drain are water, shit, piss and TP. If her dumbass wants to ban them I'd support it. How she has never seen one, I have no fucking clue.

Here's a rag, grease and food clog from a pump station.
Attached Images

86 4Raisin A bunch of stuff under it

02 Chevy 2500 HD Tow Rig

Last edited by KacksterK5; 05-08-2019 at 06:44 AM.
KacksterK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 06:49 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by animator View Post
No, the previous one was older than I am and any reasonable person would find that life cycle to be more than acceptable for a kitchen appliance.
Are you calling yourSELF old?
Old 05-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Circus Ring ******

Member # 867108
Quote:
Originally Posted by KacksterK5 View Post

Isn't that called job security?

Oh, God I'll bet that smells!
Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 151818
She has about 4 mil Twitter followers!!!!
Faaaaaaaaaaawk!!!!!?
LS must be one????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
this space for rent

Member # 16622
Quote:
Originally Posted by KacksterK5 View Post
I'd ban all of them if I could. People are fucking retarded and think they can dump anything down the drain. The amount of food, grease, rags, tampons, latex gloves, Q-Tips, and trash that my guys have to pull out of clogged lines and pumps is ridiculous. The Only things that should go down the drain are water, shit, piss and TP. If her dumbass wants to ban them I'd support it. How she has never seen one, I have no fucking clue.

Bullshit! That's a Squatch!
Are you looking to adopt a dog or cat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Will be back online in a little bit. Wenzel for President!!!

Quote:
"Toyota_Jim: the Chuck Norris of the PBB"
TN TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 07:19 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba the Red View Post

Wait til you get a dumpster full and let it sit in the sun. It's mostly tampons and applicators. People that throw that shit down the sewer should be force fed that shit.

That being said it's not the garbage disposal that's the issue it's the toilet. The disposal will bind up on anything that would clog up a sewer system/pump.

Last edited by BossBuilt; 05-08-2019 at 07:20 AM.
BossBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 860898
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBuilt View Post
Wait til you get a dumpster full and let it sit in the sun. It's mostly tampons and applicators. People that throw that shit down the sewer should be force fed that shit.

That being said it's not the garbage disposal that's the issue it's the toilet. The disposal will bind up on anything that would clog up a sewer system/pump.
Iíll make sure mrs treehorn puts her tampons down the disposal instead of flushing them from now on.
Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 64554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba the Red View Post

I am a sewer plant manager and a previous design engineer.

I can assure there were jobs to be done prior to these monstrosities. "Flushable wipes" are the primary thing that has changed in the last 10 years and those large clogs like that are a huge problem for utilities.

What those things represent are workers comp claims from strained backs, gouges with needles, and other issues that the utility has to pay for and pass along on your water/sewer bill.

Garbage disposals allow people to send shit down the sink that should go into the trash. It causes a shit ton more grease to come down the pipe. Plumbers love them because it keeps them employed clearing out service lines.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:01 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj50 View Post
She has about 4 mil Twitter followers!!!!
Faaaaaaaaaaawk!!!!!?
LS must be one????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you jealous that someone as dumb as you has more followers ?
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Stunningly Average

Member # 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC11 View Post
Are you jealous that someone as dumb as you has more followers ?
That's a pretty mean thing to say about AOC.
The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfitsóa false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector
wheelerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyTJ View Post

I can assure there were jobs to be done prior to these monstrosities. "Flushable wipes" are the primary thing that has changed in the last 10 years and those large clogs like that are a huge problem for utilities.

What those things represent are workers comp claims from strained backs, gouges with needles, and other issues that the utility has to pay for and pass along on your water/sewer bill.

Garbage disposals allow people to send shit down the sink that should go into the trash. It causes a shit ton more grease to come down the pipe. Plumbers love them because it keeps them employed clearing out service lines.
Hard telling what people put down their garbage disposal but my bet is most all your clogging issues are from the nasty shit people flush down the toilet. Iím surprised grease makes it that far to you, I figured it would jamb up the tubes in the house that it started from before making it to you.

I got a tank and then into a lagoon, no public sewer system here. I do have and use a garbage disposal. Iíve had no plumbing issues in the 20 years Iíve been here but Iím also not sending stupid shit down my drains either other then the nasty stinky :Garyís: I flush down my toilet.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 29527
Quote:
I got a tank and then into a lagoon, no public sewer system here. I do have and use a garbage disposal. I’ve had no plumbing issues in the 20 years I’ve been here but I’m also not sending stupid shit down my drains
I've pretty much decided the garbage disposal on septic thing is nonsense. I mean, I'm sure you can over do it, but I put my larger amounts of food waste in the compost bin or in a bucket for my mom to use in her garden. I don't think I'd ever have a problem. I bought this place in '94 and finally had the tank pumped in 2008. The guy said it looked great and could have gone years longer

Edit: I should clarify: I don't have a garbage disposal, but it's on my list of will-haves when I get around to it. Fuck the septic tank.

Last edited by CrustyJeep; 05-08-2019 at 10:16 PM.
CrustyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 09:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
guess i didn't realize garbage disposals were so common everywhere.

not going to make a video of one for twitter (WTF?) but i would probably be pretty damned timid to use one at this point in my life

guess i'm not sure i've ever lived in a house with one. with essentially no first hand experience, they seem rather pointless

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 29527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
guess i didn't realize garbage disposals were so common everywhere.

not going to make a video of one for twitter (WTF?) but i would probably be pretty damned timid to use one at this point in my life

guess i'm not sure i've ever lived in a house with one. with essentially no first hand experience, they seem rather pointless
Based on my experience, I'd guess 50%+ homes have them, at least around here. I had one growing up and never thought anything of it. Haven't had one in years and also don't think too much about it. I figure for what they cost, might as well toss one in. When I want it, it's there. When I don't, it's not in the way. Don't try to have sex with it, and you'll be fine. I mean, unless you're into that sort of thing
Old 05-09-2019, 02:55 AM   #45 (permalink)
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
I've pretty much decided the garbage disposal on septic thing is nonsense. I mean, I'm sure you can over do it, but I put my larger amounts of food waste in the compost bin or in a bucket for my mom to use in her garden. I don't think I'd ever have a problem. I bought this place in '94 and finally had the tank pumped in 2008. The guy said it looked great and could have gone years longer

Edit: I should clarify: I don't have a garbage disposal, but it's on my list of will-haves when I get around to it. Fuck the septic tank.
I donít send big crap down the disposal but mostly shit from pre rinsing dishes before putting them in the dish washer. Bigger shit just goes in the trash.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:55 AM   #46 (permalink)
dry-rotter of tires

Member # 63587
Quote:

Itís just a matter of time here: a septic tank will eat most food, it just takes longer than it would like. Shit is already mostly digested: the bugs in the tank just have to finish the job. Put undigested food down there and they canít keep up. If youíve got unionized bugs, they probably wonít do it at all.
dwilliams35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 06:59 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 64554
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyTJ View Post

Quote:
Hard telling what people put down their garbage disposal but my bet is most all your clogging issues are from the nasty shit people flush down the toilet. Yeah, no shit? Iím surprised grease makes it that far to you, I figured it would jamb up the tubes in the house that it started from before making it to you. Again No shit?

I got a tank and then into a lagoon, no public sewer system here. I do have and use a garbage disposal. Iíve had no plumbing issues in the 20 years Iíve been here but Iím also not sending stupid shit down my drains either other then the nasty stinky :Garyís: I flush down my toilet.

I love that people think plumbers are so polite as to clean out those "household tubes" and store that in their truck and haul it off. Here's a hint: They send that shit right on down the line. Most of our FOG (fats oils and grease) comes from restaurants because it's larger scale. They have grease traps, but those have to be maintained. Our collection system guys are always in our heavy hispanic areas because their preferred foods are heavy in grease and it plugs the lines up and backs shit up into people's houses. That's not me guessing or betting, that's what actually happens. I hate posting pics on this site, so just google Fat wastewater plant. It's a real problem in our industry and it costs the rate payers money.

piss, shit, toilet paper. That's it.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 700186
Quote:

I have a septic and garbage disposal. Its not an issue if you are careful with it.

My neighbor next to me built his house on septic in 1972. Raised 5 kids there and just had his pumped for the first time two months ago. It was full. But that's 46 years and 7 people.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 700186
Back to AOC.

She's not stupid, she just knows almost nothing. No actual knowledge other than a hyper-liberal education and city living. The thought of her making decisions on anything is depressing.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 83301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Back to AOC.

She's not stupid, she just knows almost nothing. No actual knowledge other than a hyper-liberal education and city living. The thought of her making decisions on anything is depressing.
how is that not stupid?????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in