Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AOCís dumbfounded by a... (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2681944)

Landslide 05-07-2019 10:28 AM

AOCís dumbfounded by a...

Garbage disposal.

Stupid level from 1-10 on 11 with this one.

https://youtu.be/DTewgWYUi8g

Roc Doc 05-07-2019 10:33 AM

Do you believe that?

bigun 05-07-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landslide (Post 44432538)
Garbage disposal.

Stupid level from 1-10 on 11 with this one.

https://youtu.be/DTewgWYUi8g

From what I have heard garbage disposals are illegal in NY city.
While admit she is not real brite this one makes some sense

will12785 05-07-2019 10:50 AM

I highly recommend you shut off your computer and go outside.

Blame Canada 05-07-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigun (Post 44432550)

They were banned for a long time, like in the 60s, but changed policy on new construction in the 90's I think?

When I was researching to see what brand is more reliable, I was reading on up on the pro vs. cons, and New York flip-flop''d on their past position.

In a world of waste, it's not such a bad idea to send the food scraps to the treatment plant and feed the fishes.

Doc Holiday13 05-07-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigun (Post 44432550)

WTF would they ban garbage disposal? Sewer pipe compatibility/decrease amount of food available for rats?

Joe_W 05-07-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Holiday13 (Post 44432596)
WTF would they ban garbage disposal? Sewer pipe compatibility/decrease amount of food available for rats?

from what I've heard they can cause issues with water treatment plants, don't really know if that's true or not

Jackie Treehorn 05-07-2019 11:11 AM

AOC is undoubtably ignorant and in over her head. But itís remarkable how sheís a lightning rod for right wing idiocy. This thread is a good example.

Landslide 05-07-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will12785 (Post 44432582)
I highly recommend you shut off your computer and go outside.

Sorry but I heard it on the radio. :flipoff2:

Besides, if it bothers you so much, why are you in here?

Landslide 05-07-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_W (Post 44432618)
from what I've heard they can cause issues with water treatment plants, don't really know if that's true or not

What about the crap, rubbers and who knows what down the shitters?

Johann 05-07-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Holiday13 (Post 44432596)

They take energy to run, notoriously break and leak? Then there is the mob using them as torture devices...well at least in movies! :laughing:

will12785 05-07-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landslide (Post 44432630)

I saw you click bait title, and thought to myself, I should open up this thread and advise this fake internet person, who's clearly not well, that theres more to life than what someone thinks about a garbage disposal.

No need to thank me. :grinpimp:

Shadow man 05-07-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_W (Post 44432618)

AOC WILL always be fun to poke at, because she's stupid.

Actually it's the plastic tampon applicators that are a huge problem! I was at a treatment plant in Longview TX and the ponds were covered in them. Very disruptive to the facility. Additional, it's grease that's a problem. If I recall correctly, a quart of grease can smother 5 surface acres of water. That's why they use filter presses to try to trap the grease. I was a waste water treatment plant engineer at one time.

JunkCJ6 05-07-2019 11:40 AM

Filthy McChevy 05-07-2019 12:02 PM

Silly Twat never saw Rolling Thunder with William Devane. Kickass revenge movie.

87manche 05-07-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johann (Post 44432648)
They take energy to run, notoriously break and leak? Then there is the mob using them as torture devices...well at least in movies! :laughing:

I never had one before we moved into this house.

it's never been a problem for the 15 years we've lived here, and I don't know how old it is.

are they really that problematic?

it jammed one time. I found a twist off cap in it. completely user error. The user being my wife.

animator 05-07-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87manche (Post 44432758)
I never had one before we moved into this house.

it's never been a problem for the 15 years we've lived here, and I don't know how old it is.

are they really that problematic?

it jammed one time. I found a twist off cap in it. completely user error. The user being my wife.

No, not in my expereince. I replaced mine when I bought my current house due to the old one having rusted out and was starting to leak. No idea how long it had been there, but it was fairly old. The new one's been in almost 10 years without any issue. Still bright and shiny inside.

I can get it being a problem if people are trying to macerate their entire thanksgiving leftovers down the drain, but for the few bits that come off when washing dishes (when not using the automatic dishwasher, which also has a macerator built in), I can't see how it would cause any problems down the line, considering the pounds and pounds of shit that goes down the same lines every week.

rockbuggy84 05-07-2019 12:34 PM

In before SDCJ swings in on your nuts:flipoff2:

Edit;and you need to seriously rethink your current life.

SanDiegoCJ 05-07-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landslide (Post 44432630)

Probably to make fun of your stupidity .:laughing:

CrustyJeep 05-07-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44432786)
Edit;and you need to seriously rethink your current life.

You appear to be talking about the person that evidently believes the video he posted is literally of AOC questioning a garbage disposal unit. How do you expect him to think, let alone rethink anything?

rockbuggy84 05-07-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrustyJeep (Post 44432814)
You appear to be talking about the person that evidently believes the video he posted is literally of AOC questioning a garbage disposal unit. How do you expect him to think, let alone rethink anything?

Well, when you put it that way:laughing:

Johann 05-07-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animator (Post 44432772)
No, not in my expereince. I replaced mine when I bought my current house due to the old one having rusted out and was starting to leak. No idea how long it had been there, but it was fairly old. The new one's been in almost 10 years without any issue. Still bright and shiny inside.

Um... you just admitted it had a problem and you had to replace it. :flipoff2: Now multiply that rust out by entire apartment buildings worth of kitchens aging out around the same time. They are probably much better made with stainless in the important places these days.

I've not had one in a house in decades. Only thing I ever did is beat up a teaspoon that went into it while I wasn't looking. Considered adding one when we remodeled until my plumber friend told me he had seen many fail and make a mess when they went. So we didn't. Since we are on a septic we just send food waste to the garbage or the compost pile for the chickens.

Roc Doc 05-07-2019 01:30 PM

I'd like to see a debate between AOC and PEG.

ADChevy4x4 05-07-2019 01:58 PM

The Internet says disposals were outlawed in NYC in the 70's due to sewer problems. That have been legal since 1997...Internet also says disposals are banned in Raleigh NC...

animator 05-07-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johann (Post 44432876)
Um... you just admitted it had a problem and you had to replace it. :flipoff2: Now multiply that rust out by entire apartment buildings worth of kitchens aging out around the same time. They are probably much better made with stainless in the important places these days.

I've not had one in a house in decades. Only thing I ever did is beat up a teaspoon that went into it while I wasn't looking. Considered adding one when we remodeled until my plumber friend told me he had seen many fail and make a mess when they went. So we didn't. Since we are on a septic we just send food waste to the garbage or the compost pile for the chickens.

No, the previous one was older than I am and any reasonable person would find that life cycle to be more than acceptable for a kitchen appliance. :flipoff2: