How to deal with a tresspassing neighbor - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2019, 07:14 AM   #226 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
So? Either let him bring it in, or tell him no, and he can use the equipment to make a new access road to the property.

There is a time and a place to start a conflict. Conflicts with neighbors are the worst because you can't easily remove yourself from the situation.

Court time costs money, it sounds like the issue can be resolved like men,so why not try that first before going all Billy Ebaddass on the situation. It was 1 time after all, its not like there is 15 people living there coming and going constantly.

I would not consider this guy a neighbor. A neighbor would not lawn job your shit and drive around a truck. This dude is a flash in the pan for a neighbor. He wants out as soon as possible so he can move on and develop the next property. The real question is do you want to be neighborly and grant access for an unknown amount of houses behind you.

This agent has done this before and it probably works 99% of the time. Do be neighborly make him develop his own property by providing his own access from the frontage road. Yea he doesn’t have more than 50’ or road. Make him apply for a waiver and get the easement from the frontage road directly on to his property. This will probably also limit what he can permit and develop back there as well. Municipalities are more likely to make an exception for either a single land/home owner or a big time developer with enough green to line the correct pockets. I doubt this guy is the later. Stand your ground and buy the property cheap when it devalues from no access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #227 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Yea he doesn’t have more than 50’ or road. Make him apply for a waiver and get the easement from the frontage road directly on to his property. This will probably also limit what he can permit and develop back there as well. Municipalities are more likely to make an exception for either a single land/home owner or a big time developer with enough green to line the correct pockets. I doubt this guy is the later. Stand your ground and buy the property cheap when it devalues from no access.
This paragraph has me confused. Are you saying building codes require more than 50' wide for a two lane road? I don't know about codes on this subject, but 50' seems plenty wide. School me please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #228 (permalink)

Member # 188393
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse
This paragraph has me confused. Are you saying building codes require more than 50' wide for a two lane road? I don't know about codes on this subject, but 50' seems plenty wide. School me please.
I believe o.p. said in his county you need 150' of road frontage to be able to put a driveway or access in. Which land lawyer developer doesnt have next to o.p.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #229 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaymuddy View Post
I believe o.p. said in his county you need 150' of road frontage to be able to put a driveway or access in. Which land lawyer developer doesnt have next to o.p.
it's a pretty easy thing to get a variance, especially if it were the only access to an otherwise landlocked property.

my original response still stands.

find a lawyer and talk.
do not allow further access using your driveway.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #230 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
it's a pretty easy thing to get a variance, especially if it were the only access to an otherwise landlocked property.

find a lawyer and talk.

This^^^

He can probably get a variance for a single residence. But doubt he will get one if he is trying to develop multiple homes for sale. Agent knows this and is playing the odds.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
So I was just thinking of all the similarities between this thread and my fence thread. For those of you that remember it I was basically the trailer owner in my story and d-bag in front of me put up a fence blocking my easment and told me to use my own driveway..... I won my court case and the fence came down.

I just think it's funny that everyone in this thread is telling him to build a fence and everyone in my thread was calling me a bitch for not going all koolaid guy through it, rapping his dog, and setting his wife on fire
Maybe his dog likes Country and Western

You could have avoided the whole Court fiasco if you had just tried some Willie Nelson
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #232 (permalink)

Member # 81613
Make your own trail/ access from his frontage to your property.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 05:43 PM   #233 (permalink)

Member # 173892
dafaq going on with 12 pages of bs, this is pirate, find the property line come in 6 inches of it dig a future drainage line, 2 foot deep, 2 foot wide as long as the property line crosses the drive, then as soon after the lawyer builds a new drive cover it, and put up a fence.

Last edited by ghostwhowalks; 05-12-2019 at 05:43 PM.
ghostwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 06:03 PM   #234 (permalink)

Member # 40266
does the trailer have a skylight? shit in it if it does

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #235 (permalink)

Member # 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
I somehow don't believe that.
It's a '72 single wide park model, it's overdue to leave. Decent thinking.
It's true that if a piece of property is land locked, you (or some other neighbor) is legally obligated to give them a RoW.

It's typically on a deed when the property becomes land locked.

EDIT: I see I'm very late to this thread.

Last edited by Schly; 05-14-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Schly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 09:31 PM   #236 (permalink)

Member # 5344
Just like the old days☻
Old 05-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #237 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Dumb update, fenced off the line with grade stakes and string, then laid down a few junk 4"x6"x16' along the line. Drive over this, prick
Old 05-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #238 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101819
Quote:
Dumb update, fenced off the line with grade stakes and string, then laid down a few junk 4"x6"x16' along the line. Drive over this, prick
Please take pictures for us. We need to critique your fence building abilities.
Thepanzerfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #239 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
are there tire spikes?
Old 05-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #240 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Please take pictures for us. We need to critique your fence building abilities.
Based on the description I think about the only thing it will stop is a 4yo on a tricycle.
arse_sidewards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #241 (permalink)

Member # 226216
Quote:
are there tire spikes?

This. Either a nail gun or screw gun can rectify this over site if they have not been installed yet.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #242 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 101113
Send a message via AIM to dethmachinefab
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9SumNwzm2rRQjXsb8

I made these to keep people out of one of my roads. Build, fill with concrete and wrap with barb wire. Surplus mine field warning tags add to the effect.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #243 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethmachinefab View Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9SumNwzm2rRQjXsb8

I made these to keep people out of one of my roads. Build, fill with concrete and wrap with barb wire. Surplus mine field warning tags add to the effect.
:like:

OP definitely needs more tank trap.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #244 (permalink)

Member # 13471
I originally started thinking "geez just be nice and let him through" after reading everything I'm going with protect your interests with everything you got.

1) Gate at the road so you know and "they" know there is no access.
2) back up your phone conversation in writing and signs. Verbal is useless
3) show the property line like you have done but more noticeable to the potential buyers. ****but only back to where it hits the driveway leading to the trailer so the VISUAL is that the trailer is on your land and they will have to look at it and the property they are buying is smaller less useful. Visual is very important.
4) leave the trailer and don't allow access across your land AT ALL (revoke your conversation with the flipper in writing).
This guy is a flipper no need to be neighborly to him, you can be cordial and nice but no need for you to do or say anything that makes this property more desirable or sell easier. He may have gotten himself into a situation he wasn't planning on and the longer it goes unsold the better for you. Maybe the price will be reduced to where you can afford one parcel and you can be your own neighbor.

Rage 4th "safety is our #2 concern"
raceanything is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #245 (permalink)

Member # 108006
Now that the OP has fenced off the drive, how long until the new landowner to the rear fences off the turn around OP uses that is not on the OP's property?
JunkCJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #246 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkCJ6 View Post
Now that the OP has fenced off the drive, how long until the new landowner to the rear fences off the turn around OP uses that is not on the OP's property?
Not really going to hurt. It's just a nub of it. He already said he was going to stop parking over the line anyway.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 AM   #247 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkCJ6 View Post
Beat him to it
Old 05-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #248 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:

find a lawyer and talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
This^^^

He can probably get a variance for a single residence. But doubt he will get one if he is trying to develop multiple homes for sale. Agent knows this and is playing the odds.

If that pic previously posted is legit, that roads been there for a spell and the property was quite probably split recently like with in 10 yrs but the road is vintage trailer placement time. Meander to the court house and peruse the titles and records on both properties. Then head to the nearest land lawyers office. You will probably end up in court if the real estate agent is shady.

I say that given there the land opens to the road adjacent to the suggested red gate line a PO drew in. Had the trailer been put in by someone other than the original owner there would have been a road from the main road...

Last edited by DavidVanVorous; 05-15-2019 at 11:51 AM.
DavidVanVorous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM   #249 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:

find a lawyer and talk.
Its somewhat easy to get a varience for a single family dwelling for a narrow entryway. Its almost impossible to get a varience for a development. Almost no local govt will give a varience to allow a mutli home development access through a 50' frontage with homes on either side. Especially a single access community. I say fuck him. Lock his ass out of your property or you will end up hating life later.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #250 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
cliffnotes of the situation is that the guy who owned the house and barn just to the north of me, owned all the land at one time. He quit farming and they ran an old folks home out of the farmhouse (~70s) State said you couldn't live in the old folks home you were running, so he subbed off the farmhouse, and the lot where my house is. He built my house for him and his wife, and the trailer out back was brought in for an employee/alleged mistress. She was given the trailer, and an indefinite lease of the property for $1/year , and right of way to the trailer(~72). The people that built my house died(90s?), and the land was sold. Several people have owned the land with the trailer, but the old woman was a tenant you couldn't boot. She passed away in December so now the current owner is looking to cash out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVanVorous View Post
If that pic previously posted is legit, that roads been there for a spell and the property was quite probably split recently like with in 10 yrs but the road is vintage trailer placement time. Meander to the court house and peruse the titles and records on both properties. Then head to the nearest land lawyers office. You will probably end up in court if the real estate agent is shady.

I say that given there the land opens to the road adjacent to the suggested red gate line a PO drew in. Had the trailer been put in by someone other than the original owner there would have been a road from the main road...
Land was split in '72 I've done my homework. Deeded right of way was granted to the old woman, she died. What was once a legal roadway is not as of 12/18.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in