How to deal with a tresspassing neighbor - Page 8 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #176 (permalink)

Member # 199544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
after the string line fence line of burning crosses behind the house and some massive islam nation banners along the front side of the house. keep all the peoples away
Too much work... Hang up 'ol Dixie on flagpole instead-
det107 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #177 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitable View Post
And at what point does common sense and courtesy come to play.

Common sense would be to not buy a property with an easement in the first place. If it didn't bother you enough to pass on that particular piece of property then, why should it now?

Common courtesy would have been to approach the new person and ask them to figure something else out. Not just blocking the only access to their property and then getting mad when they just drive around it instead of being able to read your mind.
^^^This.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #178 (permalink)
waterboy

Member # 9086
Quote:

Common sense would be to not buy a property with an easement in the first place. If it didn't bother you enough to pass on that particular piece of property then, why should it now?

Common courtesy would have been to approach the new person and ask them to figure something else out. Not just blocking the only access to their property and then getting mad when they just drive around it instead of being able to read your mind.
I"d say, when he bought it, the easement was gone. so he did buy it without an easement.

I'm guessing that this is the first time the real estate guy had ever visited the property, so he's been parking there for a while.
surveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #179 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:

You're an idiot. All of your assumptions have been address and you assumed wrong.

There was no easement.

Property has been vacant for 5 months, and the owner know he doesn't have the right to use my driveway, acknowledged that on the phone. The guy doesn't live there, so its not like I could walk over and knock on the door. Once again he doesn't live there, so its not that a blocked him in or out of his residence, its a vacant house, and he knows he doesn't have access up my driveway to get to his property. Park on the road, hop the stone wall, and walk up his own damn property maybe?

Common courtesy? How about asking the dude about using the driveway before deciding to head up in the middle of the day on a Tuesday when the probability that nobody will be there is high.

Anything else that needs to be repeated a few time so you can grasp basic concepts? Or you too busy accepting being tread on Moron Labia? Fucking christ you are dense.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #180 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by det107 View Post
Too much work... Hang up 'ol Dixie on flagpole instead-
I have one that was given to me... but no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyboy View Post
I"d say, when he bought it, the easement was gone. so he did buy it without an easement.

I'm guessing that this is the first time the real estate guy had ever visited the property, so he's been parking there for a while.
Glad somebody gets it.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #181 (permalink)

Member # 55560
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
You're an idiot. All of your assumptions have been address and you assumed wrong.

There was no easement.

Property has been vacant for 5 months, and the owner know he doesn't have the right to use my driveway, acknowledged that on the phone. The guy doesn't live there, so its not like I could walk over and knock on the door. Once again he doesn't live there, so its not that a blocked him in or out of his residence, its a vacant house, and he knows he doesn't have access up my driveway to get to his property. Park on the road, hop the stone wall, and walk up his own damn property maybe?

Common courtesy? How about asking the dude about using the driveway before deciding to head up in the middle of the day on a Tuesday when the probability that nobody will be there is high.

Anything else that needs to be repeated a few time so you can grasp basic concepts? Or you too busy accepting being tread on Moron Labia? Fucking christ you are dense.
Sounds like you talked to him on the phone. How did that go?
Old 05-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #182 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Op

Do you have the means to buy a portion of that land?

That would be the biggest factor in how I proceeded

Last edited by PROJECTJUNKIE; 05-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #183 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattafact View Post
It's all about two pages back. Something about discovering a shared love of white zinfandel and Celine Dion. There's talk about taking a cruise.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #184 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
Op

Do you have the means to buy a portion of that land?

That would be the biggest factor in how I proceeded
Just bought this house, depends on the deal, but most likely no. Going to start on a fence, so that next time it sells the fence will be built to cover the old ROW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5.5 View Post
It's all about two pages back. Something about discovering a shared love of white zinfandel and Celine Dion. There's talk about taking a cruise.
Jealousy doesn't look good on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattafact View Post
Posted in detail a page or so back, he was decent enough on the phone, understood he had no right to my driveway and that the easement was gone, wanted occasional access to get some things from the garage once the ground dries more, I said I could agree to that, but no major construction or renovation traffic up my driveway.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #185 (permalink)

Member # 4251
Quote:

Going to start on a fence, so that next time it sells the fence will be built to cover the old ROW.
I'd be temped to pull up a small portion of the asphalt on your side of the new fence to disconnect the "road" and plant a flower bed in it's place.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #186 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:
Truth. The people just north have a really fucky boundary.

Just got off the phone with the guy. I was decent, he was decent. He has some stuff stored there that he needs to get, he talked about some previous agreement with the PO of my house. I told him that any prior deals are not my concern, but I have no problem with the occasional trip up, but that if he was having major work done that we would need to have another discussion. He said he has no plan to do anything with the property besides sell it, and I reenforced that he has no easement, and that any buyer needed to understand that. He agreed.

So yeah, go figure, dude was decent. I wasn't worked up about it, I was trying to prepare for the worst. Some of y'all need a new hobby
As long as it was amicable but I would still do a bit of search on how long the PO allowed access just to be safe. Adverse possession can come up by the next owner regardless of new signage (state dependent time frames).
Old 05-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #187 (permalink)

Member # 96278
Quote:
Jealousy doesn't look good on you
Does it show? *pouty face*
Old 05-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #188 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Not always the case. I own landlocked land in ca and on the flip side own land that blocks access to landlocked land.
An easement by neccesity can be granted in ca but only by a court and generally not for bare land.

I am sure of this and think there is more to your situation then what's being said or known. In
Here is where the OP, if he were in CA, would have the obstacle. There is an obvious path that has been used as an easement. And he blocked it. Which in this state, the obvious path to the landlocked property would be considered a lawful easement.
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #189 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5.5 View Post
Does it show? *pouty face*
You guys are cracking me up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #190 (permalink)

Member # 121343
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLES View Post
Here is where the OP, if he were in CA, would have the obstacle. There is an obvious path that has been used as an easement. And he blocked it. Which in this state, the obvious path to the landlocked property would be considered a lawful easement.
Except based on the property boundary map posted, its not actually land locked.
89islandeer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #191 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89islandeer View Post
Except based on the property boundary map posted, its not actually land locked.
I only got a few posts in before I quit reading. Didn't see a map.
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #192 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLES View Post
Now I understand your username; you've got noodles for a brain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #193 (permalink)

Member # 53528
it would be stupid simple and easy to solve this problem, put a fucking gate up at the beginning of your driveway with a lock and no trespassing signs on it, no more anyone coming down your driveway to run over your kid or trespass

Last edited by rockyota83; 05-10-2019 at 07:33 PM.
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #194 (permalink)

Member # 188473
Quote:
Truth. The people just north have a really fucky boundary.

Just got off the phone with the guy. I was decent, he was decent. He has some stuff stored there that he needs to get, he talked about some previous agreement with the PO of my house. I told him that any prior deals are not my concern, but I have no problem with the occasional trip up, but that if he was having major work done that we would need to have another discussion. He said he has no plan to do anything with the property besides sell it, and I reenforced that he has no easement, and that any buyer needed to understand that. He agreed.

So yeah, go figure, dude was decent. I wasn't worked up about it, I was trying to prepare for the worst. Some of y'all need a new hobby
Get all this in writing otherwise it's meaningless. You need proof, just in case. Any discussions need to be done through the mail and either certified or registered mail, otherwise you have no proof there was even a conversation going on.
fart_plume is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #195 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
Get all this in writing otherwise it's meaningless. You need proof, just in case. Any discussions need to be done through the mail and either certified or registered mail, otherwise you have no proof there was even a conversation going on.
I don't know about all this, but it might be a good idea to call him back and say he should call and make an appointment the next time he wants access. Then have a paper drawn up saying he agrees that there is no easement and have him sign it when he comes. This paper doesn't necessarily need to be written by a lawyer. If he balks, don't let him cross.

I also would dig up the driveway where it Y's from yours to the property line and plant grass. Gate at the end of the driveway is always a good idea regardless of this outcome.

waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #196 (permalink)

Member # 130656
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
it would be stupid simple and easy to solve this problem, put a fucking gate up at the beginning of your driveway with a lock and no trespassing signs on it, no more anyone coming down your driveway to run over your kid or trespass

this, in a heartbeat is what i would do. no legal or implied right of way exists. if the re attorney wants to sell the prop for development, access from the frontage needs to be "developed" as well. re attorney can develop access, or they can fucking walk in from the road frontage.
jbach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 10:27 PM   #197 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach View Post
this, in a heartbeat is what i would do. no legal or implied right of way exists. if the re attorney wants to sell the prop for development, access from the frontage needs to be "developed" as well. re attorney can develop access, or they can fucking walk in from the road frontage.

Walk-in on whos property???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 11:02 PM   #198 (permalink)
popeye

Member # 20027
Stfu greg
Old 05-10-2019, 11:03 PM   #199 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj50 View Post
Walk-in on whos property???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Their own fucking property, that has road frontage, obviously.

Shut up Greg.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 04:39 AM   #200 (permalink)

Member # 619969
The guy needs to put a driveway/path whatever on that 50 ft frontage. I am sure he could get a variance. 50 ft is wider than many residential lots with a double driveway. Is there a ditch there to stop him from just driving or walking in that way now?
poncho62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in