Detroit Gambler 500 2019 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Detroit Gambler 500 2019

Here are some pics. Trip report to follow.

https://highpointoutdoors.com/pages/...er-500-gallery
DMG is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7772
I don't know what I'm looking at here, is it an event to show off your Mad Max vehicles? Seems cool but you just... what... look at them?

Also is that your site? Drop-shipping?
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 48233
is the goal to have the most offroad worthy heep that cost less than $4K??

[QUOTE=xyjbeaker;9759686]"mexican food reminds you of my face?"[/QUOTE]
Doc Holiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 96278
<<<jealous.

More please.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 75858
Yeah well it didn't go well this year. This was sent to me by the Regulatory Unit Manager of our DNR expressing why they are pushing harder and harder for ANY group going into the woods needs an event permit. We have been working for a long time trying to get restrictions lifted and this mishap is another backwards step in our efforts.

No event permit.
Blocking 2 different county roads at an intersection.
Giving a local soccer mom a pretty big scare so she bolts.

Not defending her actions but I can understand her panic with all the yelling around her.

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/v...ng-gambler-500
Old 05-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
It is a rally for sub-$500 cars. The rules are enforced loosely. It starts in Troy, MI then hits a bunch of waypoints in Detroit including the abandoned Fisher/GM plant and Hudson/Cadillac plants in the pictures.

Then a few hours north to a big OHV and camping area near St Helen, MI. People off-road the cars on trails, dunes and sand hills. Lots of welded diffs, big tires on 2wd car and vehicle abuse in the middle of nowhere.

We had a 96 Roadmaster wagon ready to go but ran out of time dealing with a bad optispark. We put a new one in as preventative maintenance and it caused a dead miss on one cylinder. So we took my Tundra at the last minute.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rhino View Post
Yeah well it didn't go well this year. This was sent to me by the Regulatory Unit Manager of our DNR expressing why they are pushing harder and harder for ANY group going into the woods needs an event permit. We have been working for a long time trying to get restrictions lifted and this mishap is another backwards step in our efforts.

No event permit.

Not defending her actions but I can understand her panic with all the yelling around her.

She intentionally ran into people because she was having a power trip.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Quote:

No event permit.

She was screaming “this is my road”, among other things. There was room to go around the ramps. There were a lot of cars and people there, slowing her down.

She did not panic, she was a belligerent, entitled piece of shit.

I’ll add my pics of the driver and her car to the gallery.

https://highpointoutdoors.com/pages/the-big-scare

Last edited by DMG; 05-09-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:

No event permit.

DNR will probably send it and show it to ORV/OHV clubs around the State. The organizers will NOT be popular. People are going to be pissed. State has already lost so much OHV privilege it's not even funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post
She intentionally ran into people because she was having a power trip.
Did you determine that from the video? There was a crowd of hooting teens/YA boys blocking her driveway.

Bikes, ATVs, and the very rare truck events are already curtailed in Michigan. They spend money for 3 months in summer and 2 months in winter.

Homeowners spend money all year round. Michigan will come down on the side of the landowner.

Event organizers improperly explained the situation to these FUCKING fools.

YOU DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH PEOPLE'S LAND IN MICHIGAN, YOU WILL LOSE AND LOSE 100% OF THE TIME. And the DNR WILL use it to clamp down on bikes and ATVs.

They should lose, I hope they ban the Gambler events and the event organizers from ever making an event again.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverNoob View Post
DNR will probably send it and show it to ORV/OHV clubs around the State. The organizers will NOT be popular. People are going to be pissed. State has already lost so much OHV privilege it's not even funny.

Did you determine that from the video? There was a crowd of hooting teens/YA boys blocking her driveway.

Bikes, ATVs, and the very rare truck events are already curtailed in Michigan. They spend money for 3 months in summer and 2 months in winter.

Homeowners spend money all year round. Michigan will come down on the side of the landowner.

YOU DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH PEOPLE'S LAND IN MICHIGAN, YOU WILL LOSE AND LOSE 100% OF THE TIME. And the DNR WILL use it to clamp down on bikes and ATVs.

They should lose, I hope they ban the Gambler events and the event organizers from ever making an event again.
Her driveway was a long ways from where she had her tantrum. Look at the pics I took of her and her car immediately afterwards. Were you there?

Btw, the locals said she wasn’t a real local and sided with the G500 participants almost 100%.

You can’t ban an un-event like the G500. Btw, who were you before you were banned? Isn’t coming back against the rules?

Last edited by DMG; 05-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 7412
Quote:

you are one miserable fawk.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 75858
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
She was screaming “this is my road”, among other things. There was room to go around the ramps. There were a lot of cars and people there, slowing her down.

I don't really give a fuck if she was a piece of shit. What I give a fuck about is land access and stopping government oversight, and this stupid stunt hurt our efforts.

- Public road was blocked by both a ramp and large group of people.
- The organizer did not pull an event permit.
- Now the DNR is using this as another example why they want to have Big Brother oversight any time we are in the woods. They could have just as easily done this stunt within the St Helen Motorsport area and there not have been a conflict with a local resident.

Believe it or not, we have been making progress on reducing oversight on simple trail ride events. Any way you want to spin it, this is an unnecessary setback in our efforts. Since this incident, I have had multiple emails and phone calls with upper DNR folks. You guys didn't help the cause.

Last edited by white-rhino; 05-09-2019 at 11:39 AM.
white-rhino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:

Quote:
lady: *rams car into a group of bystanders*

Police: Welp, shes a landowner, better let her go boys.

How retarded are you?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:

https://highpointoutdoors.com/pages/the-big-scare
You can talk shit all you want, doesn't matter.

People buy land in MI so that we can ride OHV-licensed ORVs on knobbies to the store in back in certain areas.

Other people already don't like this. If a big group of us tears up a gravel CTY road at an intersection, we'll go back with rakes to fix it.

And here you are playing semantics and Off Road Lawyer.

You're getting voted off the island. Get the fuck out of here with your 'event' and don't come back.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 685122
Quote:
I don't really give a fuck if she was a piece of shit. What I give a fuck about is land access and stopping government oversight, and this stupid stunt hurt our efforts.

- Now the DNR is using this as another example why they want to have Big Brother oversight any time we are in the woods. They could have just as easily done this stunt within the St Helen Motorsport area and there not have been a conflict with a local resident.

Believe it or not, we have been making progress on reducing oversight on simple trail ride events. Any way you want to spin it, this is an unnecessary setback in our efforts. Since this incident, I have had multiple emails and phone calls with upper DNR folks. You guys didn't help the cause.
^^^This in a nutshell.^^^
TheCopperCowboy2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 123919
Quote:

Again, 2/10 troll.

Go back to /pol/, you fucking pleb.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Quote:

The road was not fully blocked, it was 3 cars wide in that area. People were going slowly and pulling into the camping area.

Every vehicle there purchased the OHV permit. This was an unofficial event and going north was an option.

Fight the DNR, they just want excuses to clamp down. Don’t fight other reasonable land users.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post
How retarded are you?
See, there you are talking shit about something you have no idea about.

This isn't about who is right or wrong legally or what you saw on a video. Woman will say she feels threatened and probably no charges will be filed.

But none of that matters. Regardless of what charges get filed where, the ORV community is the net loser.

But you can't think of that in your idealized little world, can you Internet Lawyer?

They actually published the fucking video because these are a bunch of dumbfuck kids who have no idea what the ORV situation is in Michigan, as stated by others IN THIS THREAD.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Circus Ring ******

Member # 867108
Face it, we have become a country that can't have any fun at all.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperCowboy2 View Post
^^^This in a nutshell.^^^
Were you there?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Anyone that thinks the woman felt threatened or panicked should look at the pictures of her before she hit the other woman with her car. She was hanging out her window yelling at people.

Then she drove right past the ramps.

If she felt threatened she would have been sitting down in her car with the window up.
Even her interactions with the state police and DCNR after the incident were cunty.

Last edited by DMG; 05-09-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 685122
Quote:
Were you there?
From the pictures and descriptions, it was almost magical!
TheCopperCowboy2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 75858
Quote:
The road was not fully blocked, it was 3 cars wide in that area. People were going slowly and pulling into the camping area.

Every vehicle there purchased the OHV permit. This was an unofficial event and going north was an option.

Fight the DNR, they just want excuses to clamp down. Don’t fight other reasonable land users.
You don't get it. I'm not defending her. I'm not saying she was in the right. I'm stating that you guys pulling a stunt in the middle of a public road with no permit hurt our fight to reduce the requirements of special event permits.

Stating you bought an OHV permit tells me you have no idea WTF you are talking about. Purchasing an ORV sticker gives you access to marked ORV trails and routes and scramble areas. It gives you ZERO rights to block a public road.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peow130 View Post
Again, 2/10 troll.

Go back to /pol/, you fucking pleb.
Another peanut gallery from another State that has no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Quote:

You still don't get it. The DNR is representing landowners and residents. THEY are the ones that push against ORV areas, but you clearly don't understand this.

You are playing fine-line hair-splitting aobut 'fully blocked'. You don't get it, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Quote:
This was an unofficial event
Exactly you fucking assholes. Bunch of kids get riled up and leave, then everyone WHO BOUGHT LAND OR INVESTED TENS OF THOUSANDS IN BIKES, SLEDS, ATVS AND TRUCKS is left holding the FUCKING BAG.

Fuck you all, you motherfuckers, DON'T COME HERE IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY ORV LAWYER, you don't know WHAT THE FUCK you're talking about.

Get out, and stay out.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
Quote:
You don't get it. I'm not defending her. I'm not saying she was in the right. I'm stating that you guys pulling a stunt in the middle of a public road with no permit hurt our fight to reduce the requirements of special event permits.

Stating you bought an OHV permit tells me you have no idea WTF you are talking about. Purchasing an ORV sticker gives you access to marked ORV trails and routes and scramble areas. It gives you ZERO rights to block a public road.
I was merely pointing out that we were paying into the ORV system and attempting to obey the rules. Not that we could block roads.

But if you watch the video, she wasn’t actually blocked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in