Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Looks like your China HF commie crap tools are gonna cost you more now (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2682064)

Landslide 05-10-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWT (Post 44437096)
:lmao: You get it.

I swear landtard is the embodiment of all of the dumbest stereotypical ideas from the last 50 years or so.

Really? Howís that? Because I see a real threat to our nation?

Perhaps if you werenít so busy licking smashed bug guts off youíre 1984 cab over freightshaker windshield youíd take notice. But being the typical truck driver that canít read street signs, youíve never took any notice to all those shipping containers full of commie China junk on ships, trains and trucks. happy bug gut eating window licker.

DavidVanVorous 05-10-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 44437142)
China is member of the international patent treaty, they just don't enforce it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_Cooperation_Treaty

One would like to believe this works but its really only agreement in principle. While most nations "agreed in principle" most countries rely more heavily on their own internal patent and or copyright law.

As example (again) the one I mentioned between Apple and Samsung where Apple won here in the states but its not supported in Korea (2004ish) or the Intel v. NEC CPU case (1986ish).

Hence the ability to "borrow tech in the Far East at the chip foundries or borrow patented tech in Europe for industrial coating processes (personal experience in Germany coincidentally). In my case we didn't have a German patent and the US patent was not enforceable under German law. (1999-2001).

Did I mention that when this type case comes up its tried in the country where the infringement occurs and that even in the US where its a blatant infringement and one has a good legal team it can be years before the case is settled at no small expense...

One case I know of personally in the US started in 1972 and wasn't cleared of the courts until 1986. A US patent is only good for 17 yrs with the start date being the approval date by the Patent office. When they go into litigation folks can and do use the tech during the time its in court... BTDT.

Landslide 05-10-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidVanVorous (Post 44437184)
The irony is lost on the clueless here.

If the objective is to bring back the manufacturing jobs such as your tape measure assembled in the US from parts imported from Taiwan or France, the only jobs "temporarily" saved are low pay "trained monkey" $12/hr assembly jobs and low value support staff at Stanley...Which would be replaced as the facility got more robotically automated as time progressed.

The tarrifs you are supporting don't impact unassembled parts, only raw stock and finished goods. As such the only folks they hit are the US consumers via higher prices. They WONT open a steel mill that's been mothballed since the 60s nor will they add any skilled labor jobs except if you happen to be a techy and can work on the robotics and assembly lines to used to put together parts made and brought into the US from other countries avoiding the tariffs and labelled bogusly with a "Made in USA" sticker...

Tis the way corporate "Murica" works and how the companies get around stupid ideas like tariffs. The Japanese car makers taught US manufacturers real well on how to do this the last time the US pulled this stunt with tariffs...:laughing:

Whereís it say assembled in the US? Whereís it say all they do is put it together here?

It may very well be a low paying job, itís still jobs here. People like DWT count on them.

The other thing youíre overlooking is what Iíve said in my earlier post. I donít have issues with shit from friendly countries, I donít like the US being upside down with an enemy country. Is that really that difficult for you to understand?

rockbuggy84 05-10-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landslide (Post 44437210)
Really? Howís that? Because I see a real threat to our nation?

Perhaps if you werenít so busy licking smashed bug guts off youíre 1984 cab over freightshaker windshield youíd take notice. But being the typical truck driver that canít read street signs, youíve never took any notice to all those shipping containers full of commie China junk on ships, trains and trucks. happy bug gut eating window licker.

Itís funny how youíll sit here and talk all this shit about the threat to our nation because of ďcommie China junkĒ that we use. Yet, when itís pointed out that you also use a ridiculous amount of ďcommie China junkĒ, itís somehow justified:laughing:

Youíre a complete buffoon and I actually used to enjoy some of your post. But now, youíve become paranoid as fuck like actionfag and need to get off the drugs youíre on.

Landslide 05-10-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidVanVorous (Post 44437220)
One would like to believe this works but its really only agreement in principle. While most nations "agreed in principle" most countries rely more heavily on their own internal patent and or copyright law.

As example (again) the one I mentioned between Apple and Samsung where Apple won here in the states but its not supported in Korea (2004ish) or the Intel v. NEC CPU case (1986ish).

Hence the ability to "borrow tech in the Far East at the chip foundries or borrow patented tech in Europe for industrial coating processes (personal experience in Germany coincidentally). In my case we didn't have a German patent and the US patent was not enforceable under German law. (1999-2001).

Did I mention that when this type case comes up its tried in the country where the infringement occurs and that even in the US where its a blatant infringement and one has a good legal team it can be years before the case is settled at no small expense...

One case I know of personally in the US started in 1972 and wasn't cleared of the courts until 1986. A US patent is only good for 17 yrs with the start date being the approval date by the Patent office. When they go into litigation folks can and do use the tech during the time its in court... BTDT.

Patents donít mean anything to the Chinese.

I believe they demand ~50% ownership in a factory the US puts over there plus access to technologies. The stuff they donít steal. Companies like apple are moving things out of there and to other countries like Mexico.

Lil Uzi 05-10-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_W (Post 44436782)
"At present, Samsung Electronics is running six mobile phone manufacturing facilities in the six countries of Vietnam, China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and Korea."

I'm betting all the companies you listed have plants in China, not too mention all the companies that supply parts to those companies

Yes. Agreed. At least they are not Chinese companies. Kinda. Sorta.

Nokia !!

Landslide 05-10-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44437228)
Itís funny how youíll sit here and talk all this shit about the threat to our nation because of ďcommie China junkĒ that we use. Yet, when itís pointed out that you also use a ridiculous amount of ďcommie China junkĒ, itís somehow justified:laughing:

Youíre a complete buffoon and I actually used to enjoy some of your post. But now, youíve become paranoid as fuck like actionfag and need to get off the drugs youíre on.

My point, which escapes everyone on here, is to try and buy stuff made elsewhere and not in China. My point is also to highlight how much they own us now. Thereís so much stuff made you no longer have any choice but to buy it made in China. Companies leave in droves to have their product made wherever they can get it the cheapest to be competitive. Once you send all the jobs overseas, whoís left here with a job who can afford to buy it?

Maybe I shouldnít talk about it or GAF but I see a bad storm coming.

DavidVanVorous 05-10-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landslide (Post 44437226)
Whereís it say assembled in the US? Whereís it say all they do is put it together here?

It may very well be a low paying job, itís still jobs here. People like DWT count on them.

The other thing youíre overlooking is what Iíve said in my earlier post. I donít have issues with shit from friendly countries, I donít like the US being upside down with an enemy country. Is that really that difficult for you to understand?

Ah...so pulling the red commi card then. Setting the argument of automation aside for the moment how do you rationalise the issue with the current administration's supporting North Korea and Putin and not working with China who has been working to normalise relationships since the 90s with the US ? :rolleyes:

rockbuggy84 05-10-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landslide (Post 44437268)
My point, which escapes everyone on here, is to try and buy stuff made elsewhere and not in China. My point is also to highlight how much they own us now. Thereís so much stuff made you no longer have any choice but to buy it made in China. Companies leave in droves to have their product made wherever they can get it the cheapest to be competitive. Once you send all the jobs overseas, whoís left here with a job who can afford to buy it?

Maybe I shouldnít talk about it or GAF but I see a bad storm coming.

There you go again. Not practicing what you preach.
Youíve made another excuse as to why you have to. If you truly believed any of the bullshit youíre spouting off, you would not purchase anything Chinese, period. You would actually learn to make the sacrifices required to make this possible.

Itís become painfully obvious that youíre the typical Al Gore type hypocrite. Telling everyone else that the sky is falling and that we need to change our way of life, all while making countless excuses as to why itís ok that you do it.

Jackie Treehorn 05-10-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44437318)
Itís become painfully obvious that youíre the typical Al Gore type hypocrite. Telling everyone else that the sky is falling and that we need to change our way of life, all while making countless excuses as to why itís ok that you do it.

Ssssmack!

thefishguy77 05-10-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

The Bitch Slap Heard round the world.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don. 05-10-2019 06:40 PM

If I can avoid it, I don't buy shit made by the bowl haircuts. You have to pay attention at the parts stores. The micks at Oreilly's tried to lay off a solenoid made by the chicoms on me. I ended up having to get one from Taiwan for more cash, as they had nothing else and I needed it that day.

I've had shit sealed bearings from a local supplier that were chicom. Had to warranty the shit for the customer after they shit the bed a few weeks later. Whenever I go there I have to request from a different country if I want the shit to last and not pay for it twice. The ones from Belarus haven't failed me thus far.

If it's some throw away shit like plastic panel fasteners or a lighter, I'll buy the cheap shit on eGay. If I need something durable or of good quality that I don't want to buy twice, I pay for it up front and don't buy chicom shit.

:usa:

Gslander 05-10-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidVanVorous (Post 44437184)
The irony is lost on the clueless here.

If the objective is to bring back the manufacturing jobs such as your tape measure assembled in the US from parts imported from Taiwan or France, the only jobs "temporarily" saved are low pay "trained monkey" $12/hr assembly jobs and low value support staff at Stanley...Which would be replaced as the facility got more robotically automated as time progressed.

The tarrifs you are supporting don't impact unassembled parts, only raw stock and finished goods. As such the only folks they hit are the US consumers via higher prices. They WONT open a steel mill that's been mothballed since the 60s nor will they add any skilled labor jobs except if you happen to be a techy and can work on the robotics and assembly lines to used to put together parts made and brought into the US from other countries avoiding the tariffs and labelled bogusly with a "Made in USA" sticker...

Tis the way corporate "Murica" works and how the companies get around stupid ideas like tariffs. The Japanese car makers taught US manufacturers real well on how to do this the last time the US pulled this stunt with tariffs...:laughing:

This guy gets it.. The mouth breathing tards like landslide are blowing their load over a 25% tax and are getting excited over it, amazing. The Gov knows none of the low cost high volume manufacturing is coming back, and will be taking in the extra revenues from these tariffs. The US needs to stick to the low volume, high profit stuff we manufacture that requires skilled labor. Let the Chinese make shoes, HF tools, black dildos for overbear, and we keep making airplanes and 37" mud tars with 45acp.

PROJECTJUNKIE 05-10-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don. (Post 44437482)
If I can avoid it, I don't buy shit made by the bowl haircuts. You have to pay attention at the parts stores. The micks at Oreilly's tried to lay off a solenoid made by the chicoms on me. I ended up having to get one from Taiwan for more cash, as they had nothing else and I needed it that day.

I've had shit sealed bearings from a local supplier that were chicom. Had to warranty the shit for the customer after they shit the bed a few weeks later. Whenever I go there I have to request from a different country if I want the shit to last and not pay for it twice. The ones from Belarus haven't failed me thus far.

If it's some throw away shit like plastic panel fasteners or a lighter, I'll buy the cheap shit on eGay. If I need something durable or of good quality that I don't want to buy twice, I pay for it up front and don't buy chicom shit.

:usa:

Our fleet of pickup trucks are always eating idler and tensioner pulleys (open pit mining) the box, and the pulley is marked Canada, put the pressed in bearing is China, bigger than shit. Oe, ford and chevy

DWT 05-10-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 (Post 44437228)

The bugs I lick off of my windshield have more collective cognitive reasoning ability than landtard has managed to muster when these topics come up. All he knows is whatever faux news has told him the latest buzz issue is. Oddly enough exhibiting the exact same reactions from those on the other side of whatever issue from the left. He's just too much of a dullard to get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefishguy77 (Post 44437460)
The Bitch Slap Heard round the world.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bingo. :laughing:

crowbar7 05-10-2019 10:31 PM

Fuck does anybody here get their info from sources other than Fox/Cnn/Msnbc? Most of you sound like parrots. Except landyslide I don't think he could breath without permission from Fox.

I know people in trucking and distribution and a huge portion of their business comes from Chinese products. It is no big deal to find whatever dildo you are supplying from a new source outside of China. They have already started doing it. Also they need us more than we need them. Without us their economy may litteraly collapse while we merely feel a bump in the road.

There is an old saying referring to poor countries that rely on the US for economic survival. "When America gets a cough the rest of the world gets the flu." Its about time we through our weight around a little. The fact that people actually think this will have a long term effect at HF amaze me, keep drinking the koolaid.

LigBoozer 05-10-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...83/267/e8a.gif

Dr.Danger 05-10-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowbar7 (Post 44437766)
Fuck does anybody here get their info from sources other than Fox/Cnn/Msnbc? Most of you sound like parrots. Except landyslide I don't think he could breath without permission from Fox.

I know people in trucking and distribution and a huge portion of their business comes from Chinese products. It is no big deal to find whatever dildo you are supplying from a new source outside of China. They have already started doing it. Also they need us more than we need them. Without us their economy may litteraly collapse while we merely feel a bump in the road.

There is an old saying referring to poor countries that rely on the US for economic survival. "When America gets a cough the rest of the world gets the flu." Its about time we through our weight around a little. The fact that people actually think this will have a long term effect at HF amaze me, keep drinking the koolaid.

The fun part is at least, that once MFGs leave Chinkville, they aren't going back. They aren't necessarily coming here, but they are going to other friendlier countries, despite the fact that they might not be the cheapest.

A lot of manufacturers have been leaving already as they see the wave has crested. It might cost $1 more to buy that $10 chinese part in Mexico, but the US loses 10%, and China loses 100%. Permanently. Of course, that's ignoring that someone else, say, Taiwan, can't do it for $10.05.

I don't buy tariffs are bringing all jobs back to America. But at least I can take some solace in knowing they're leaving that commie shithole that steals IP round the clock. And maybe we'll get lucky and they come from some place that likes to do business without worrying about the disparity of the purchase of overall goods. That's a stupid score card to keep, thinking trade needs to be "equal".

I may buy $100K in raw goods from country X to make my product that I sell mostly in country Z. I don't expect country X to buy $100K in my product to make us "whole". It just doesn't work that way.

There should never have been any tariffs between us and China in the first place if they wanted to keep the gravy train rolling.

Mattafact 05-11-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LigBoozer (Post 44437768)

Well well well. Look who's back.

Lil Uzi 05-11-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Danger (Post 44437794)
The fun part is at least, that once MFGs leave Chinkville, they aren't going back.

After all the carnage and horrid child beatings in this thread the first thing that came to mind was " MFG - Many Fucks Given" :homer:

[486] 05-11-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE (Post 44436586)
I reach past my American snap on ratchets to get my 120 tooth gear wrench ratchets. Taiwan ftmfw :laughing:

Reminds me, I heard a comment that buying Taiwan actually "hurts" the Chinese more than buying American, dollar for dollar, it strengthens Taiwan, which is a thorn in China side

as long as it isn't marked "r.o.c."
those are the commies in taiwan

[486] 05-11-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ (Post 44436864)
Fuck trump and his commie style taxes. Sold himself as a lover of the free market. Guess not. Hes just another Obama lite stalinist.

pangalactic 6 dimensional chess

Filthy McChevy 05-11-2019 11:56 AM

I'll still buy a tool there if the price is right for what I'm doing and like it just fine. I don't have the luxury of or time to waste buying whatever the "BESTEST USAest" tool is. I bought a hammer drill there recently for 1 job and it worked great and was only 60 bucks. I'm happy, HF is happy, and I get 20% off something and something free everytime I go there. What's not to like?

Harvester of Sorrow 05-11-2019 12:03 PM

Regardless of anything, our company is still looking to overseas manufacturing on our standard small machines. Our cost of labor and all associated things means our equipment is starting to become too high priced to be competitive.

Also stainless steel and other raw goods will start to hurt us a bit on our margins...but we are being told that if we revise where things are shipping from, there will not be a big hit in margins, etc.

It is all meh..

45acp 05-11-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy (Post 44438088)
I bought a hammer drill there recently for 1 job and it worked great and was only 60 bucks. I'm happy, HF is happy, and I get 20% off something and something free everytime I go there. What's not to like?

Ill tell you what's not to like!!! Got dang Jarrod and Eddie and J.D. and Jimmie Don all work at the hammer drill factory up in Cousinfinger Missouri and your puttin' them all out of a job!!!! But I guess it's worth it to you and your commie buddies!!

sent using Tapatalk on a ching chong phone