Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Looks like your China HF commie crap tools are gonna cost you more now (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2682064)

Landslide 05-10-2019 04:04 AM

Looks like your China HF commie crap tools are gonna cost you more now

Trade tariffs being place on China ~25%.

That is all...

ToughBowtieTruck 05-10-2019 04:24 AM

Some of their tools are good for the price so . . .

Why don't you go outside once in a while? You're not dead, just a leg ahead of the rest of us.

Go ride a bike or something.

45acp 05-10-2019 04:29 AM

You realize just about everything that didn't come on the truck (and taken out of your check weekly) is china commie crap, not just HF?

Landslide 05-10-2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToughBowtieTruck (Post 44436506)
Some of their tools are good for the price so . . .

Why don't you go outside once in a while? You're not dead, just a leg ahead of the rest of us.

Go ride a bike or something.

I work at a desk all day and venture out into the shop several times a day. On crutches this week so only outside shit Iíve been doing is cutting my grass, but Iíll be out this weekend for sure being back on my leg. However that being said, I stand by my original statement above about commie china shit.

Keep buying their shit as it helps directly support their red army.

Landslide 05-10-2019 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 44436516)
You realize just about everything that didn't come on the truck (and taken out of your check weekly) is china commie crap, not just HF?

I know whatís made in China and whatís not. It aggravates me when I have to buy something that is made over there as itís no longer made anywhere else. Donít get me wrong, Iím not against buying foreign made tools like knipex made in Germany. But I donít like Chinese crap as that country is not a friend of the US like people think. Why feed your enemy that is doing you harm everyday?

45acp 05-10-2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landslide (Post 44436526)
Why feed your enemy that is doing you harm everyday?

Because it's either that, or live in a tent in the woods? Phone, TV, computer, audio stuff, appliances, etc etc. It's not like we can get Bell androids or a zenith 60" flat screen.

My newer HF toolbox is 100 times better built than my old "roller bearing" craftsman boxes.

ADChevy4x4 05-10-2019 04:56 AM

Quote:

I know whatís made in China and whatís not. It aggravates me when I have to buy something that is made over there as itís no longer made anywhere else. Donít get me wrong, Iím not against buying foreign made tools like knipex made in Germany. But I donít like Chinese crap as that country is not a friend of the US like people think. Why feed your enemy that is doing you harm everyday?

How do you deal with all the electronic stuff including phones and the computer you're tying on being made in China or Muslim countries? How about the parts in your vehicle?

mikenike 05-10-2019 04:57 AM

Quote:

I know what’s made in China and what’s not. It aggravates me when I have to buy something that is made over there as it’s no longer made anywhere else. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against buying foreign made tools like knipex made in Germany. But I don’t like Chinese crap as that country is not a friend of the US like people think. Why feed your enemy that is doing you harm everyday?

Noone is under the illusion they are friendly. The russians aren't either but i like AKs so i put on my big boy pants and suck it up. You can too.

rockdog57 05-10-2019 04:58 AM

Pretty hard to not buy stuff made there. I donít see shoe factories and clothes factories coming back to the US.

Don. 05-10-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 44436542)
Because it's either that, or live in a tent in the woods? Phone, TV, computer, audio stuff, appliances, etc etc. It's not like we can get Bell androids or a zenith 60" flat screen.

My newer HF toolbox is 100 times better built than my old "roller bearing" craftsman boxes.

A lot of the Crapsman shit is made in China now. Since Sears went under some of the outlets won't honor the lifetime replacement with older tools. I found one that will and the broken US made ratchet I traded got me a piece of shit made in China that slips. I might have to start using HF shit and get a bigger scrap barrel or take out a second mortgage to get into Snap On.

PROJECTJUNKIE 05-10-2019 05:54 AM

I reach past my American snap on ratchets to get my 120 tooth gear wrench ratchets. Taiwan ftmfw :laughing:

Reminds me, I heard a comment that buying Taiwan actually "hurts" the Chinese more than buying American, dollar for dollar, it strengthens Taiwan, which is a thorn in China side

thumping 05-10-2019 06:00 AM

Personally...I'm not seeing the problem.

SanDiegoCJ 05-10-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 44436542)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 (Post 44436544)
How do you deal with all the electronic stuff including phones and the computer you're tying on being made in China or Muslim countries? How about the parts in your vehicle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenike (Post 44436546)
Noone is under the illusion they are friendly. The russians aren't either but i like AKs so i put on my big boy pants and suck it up. You can too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdog57 (Post 44436550)
Pretty hard to not buy stuff made there. I donít see shoe factories and clothes factories coming back to the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don. (Post 44436564)
A lot of the Crapsman shit is made in China now. Since Sears went under some of the outlets won't honor the lifetime replacement with older tools. I found one that will and the broken US made ratchet I traded got me a piece of shit made in China that slips. I might have to start using HF shit and get a bigger scrap barrel or take out a second mortgage to get into Snap On.

Truth.

SanDiegoCJ 05-10-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumping (Post 44436592)
Personally...I'm not seeing the problem.

Thinking people aren't. Knee jerk reaction people ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ..

bigun 05-10-2019 06:13 AM

The Chinese tools are the 80s Japanese tools

clb 017 05-10-2019 06:42 AM

I vote we boycott corporate chimerica
Fukk the corporation mentality of buy 3 to get 1 good unit!
Now about mowing the lawn on crutches:eek:

Landslide 05-10-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ (Post 44436600)
Thinking people aren't.

That leaves you out.

Lil Uzi 05-10-2019 06:48 AM

Beer Fuckers ! Yes there is Tsingtao but who drinks that shit ? :homer:

Landslide 05-10-2019 06:50 AM

I realize you have no choice in a lot of products like I said above, however, you donít have to dive full retard into purposely buy Chinese made crap like itís your mission when thereís other choices out there.

Look, thereís definitely a problem when you defend buying commie crap made in China. Think long and hard about that - impossibility for :Gary:

Landslide 05-10-2019 06:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How fucking hard can it be?

Attachment 2930506

Overbear 05-10-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 44436516)

You realize that over 3/4 of "snap-on" is all made overseas now right?

YotaAtieToo 05-10-2019 06:57 AM

Not all of us want to spend $20k just to have enough tools to work on our personal vehicles every few weeks.

There is no middle ground anymore, husky, kobalt, craftsman, harbor freight are all Chinese. Imo harbor freight is the best out of all of those. Well, at least the most convenient.

Lil Uzi 05-10-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overbear (Post 44436682)
You realize that over 3/4 of "strap-on" is all made overseas now right?

Damn !! And I thought I was getting better.

There's still good USA camping gear out there if you look :flipoff2:

Doc Holiday13 05-10-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overbear (Post 44436682)
You realize that over 3/4 of "snap-on" is all made overseas now right?

Likely true

not everything made in America is amazing and not everything made in china is a piece shit.. Pick and choose.. Thats why people do tool reviews on the youtubes

Overbear 05-10-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Uzi (Post 44436696)
Damn !! And I thought I was getting better.

There's still good USA camping gear out there if you look :flipoff2:

Nahh better to buy the import stuff. It is near impossible to get the funk of "please daddybear don't hurt me" out of the tent and sleeping bag material.

:flipoff2: