Does Tulsi Gabbard have a chance at the DNC nomination - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Custom User Title
 
Provience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138976
Location: Thurston County, WA
Posts: 28,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
That may become reality. Bernie is a cash cow for now, so we'll see once the foaming of the mouth begins. I doubt she'll get the nod, but hopefully she at least gets to the dance and can speak out on some of these issues, and possibly pressure some of the other candidates to address them as well. She speaks well, and speaks directly.

Gabbard is also pro-universal health care, so she's not all puppies and sunshine, but she's for logical immigration as in extreme vetting of Syrians, etc., and reinstatement of Glass-Steagall legislation (banking). Supports $15 min wage, which while I think is stupid, doesn't really effect me and the costs will be absorbed via inflation. These are just some of her positions, and will be interesting to see how she supports them during the campaign.

I
the red and the blue contradict each other
__________________
up is difficult, down is dangerous

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Anyone that supports $15 min wage doesn't understand economics.
Meh. $2.65per hour in 1978 is near $11 today. If it becomes law, all the fast food joints will automate, grocery stores and such are already using more self-serve checkout. It could free up a labor pool to actually make something substantial.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
the red and the blue contradict each other
I'm just saying that my life is minimally affected by minimum wage workers, and inflation is so managed now it's hard to see a time like the late 70's every happening again.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member # 55560
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
the funny thing is that biden, who is well clear the leader, is polling stronger with minorities and women than wypeepo and men white male dems don't want a white male dem president, everybody else does though
I read an article that sited a study that showed white democrats are more likely to agree with the statement, "racism hurts black people" than black people.
__________________
A bunch of old crap
Mattafact is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!
 
Grumpy356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member # 151139
Location: Brazoria County Texas
Posts: 8,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Anyone that supports $15 min wage doesn't understand economics.
I would counter with the minimum wage is government sanctioned corporate collusion to keep wages low, and if no minimum wage was ever enacted or was completely repealed the $7.25 an hour employee would have faded away in the early 90’s and the basic wages would exceed $15.00 an hour some time ago.

So economics on that for a while.
__________________
Mass quantities of anxiety, internal conflict and discontent, all balled up in one short, tattooed body.

Last edited by Grumpy356; 05-14-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Grumpy356 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Gravity Works!
 
Landslide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25608
Location: One foot in the grave
Posts: 30,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
The Democrats have some restructuring to do. Right now, Joe is the top guy, and his message is "more Obama". He's a creep, will say some stupid things before the primaries, and then during, and will fall off to someone else.

First thing's first, and that's to use Biden to eliminate Sanders. Once they torpedo his ass, they'll figure out a way to knock him off. I don't think it will be this gal, considering their entire platform right now is "Free college! Reparations! and Impeach Trump!".

They'll dial that back quite a bit, but I think this gal probably makes way too much sense to get the nod.
I think creepy joe has a pretty big bad ghost in his closet that’s going to come back and bite him in the ass if it pans out true. It’s why Rudy traveled to Ukraine. Creepy joe, creepy joe’s son and the Ukraine AG he got fired over there = trouble for creepy joe.
__________________
Peg Leg Fab Lab
Landslide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
True, but it's a different time. When the AR ban went into effect, I knew maybe two people that had one. Now I don't know hardly anyone that doesn't have at least one.
since when has what the people of this country owned or wanted had any effect on a candidate/reps personal and irrational ideology?



Let me see if I can summarize: You support a Democrat Presidential candidate that wants strict gun control, universal background checks (which is a registration), $15 minimum wage, and universal healthcare? free community college and only free 4 year universities for families making under $125k, then transition the USA to 100% renewable energy sources by 2035, ban fracking, and supports the Green New Deal? and you think its time for a woman president because she is a woman?


Tulsi Gabbard may look pretty, but her policies, outside of her foreign policy positions, are completely a deal breaker in my book, regardless of her gender.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
since when has what the people of this country owned or wanted had any effect on a candidate/reps personal and irrational ideology?



Let me see if I can summarize: You support a Democrat Presidential candidate that wants strict gun control, universal background checks (which is a registration), $15 minimum wage, and universal healthcare? free community college and only free 4 year universities for families making under $125k, then transition the USA to 100% renewable energy sources by 2035, ban fracking, and supports the Green New Deal? and you think its time for a woman president because she is a woman?


Tulsi Gabbard may look pretty, but her policies, outside of her foreign policy positions, are completely a deal breaker in my book, regardless of her gender.
Calm your tits there. I didn't say I was voting for her, just listening to what she says, and hoping the foreign policy ideas will gain traction. I'm sick of spending $4b per month in Afghanistan with no real payback. Sick of GWB and his cronies running the table on the American tax payer, sick of Slick Willy not going after OBL when he had the chance, sick of Obama and his coddling of the left, and sick of the weirdness that is currently in office. It's a shit storm as usual.

And I DGAF what she looks like, or her gender I was merely noting that this country should have been able to come up with a decent female candidate by now.

And we all know campaign promises and rhetoric never come to full fruition.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #34 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 11,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
That may become reality. Bernie is a cash cow for now, so we'll see once the foaming of the mouth begins. I doubt she'll get the nod, but hopefully she at least gets to the dance and can speak out on some of these issues, and possibly pressure some of the other candidates to address them as well. She speaks well, and speaks directly.

Gabbard is also pro-universal health care, so she's not all puppies and sunshine, but she's for logical immigration as in extreme vetting of Syrians, etc., and reinstatement of Glass-Steagall legislation (banking). Supports $15 min wage, which while I think is stupid, doesn't really effect me and the costs will be absorbed via inflation. These are just some of her positions, and will be interesting to see how she supports them during the campaign.

I
She's got too much that I don't agree with to ever throw her a vote personally. On the scale of left to looney left, she's closer to "left" than almost every other candidate running other than Biden.

It's been funny watching how the others have parroted each other. One of them says "I promise 2 years of free college" and then the others scramble to be the one who can give away more free college. Not one of them has any real substance. They've wasted 2.5 years on a hoax and socialism instead of putting forth a better platform and better candidates that might win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattafact View Post
I read an article that sited a study that showed white democrats are more likely to agree with the statement, "racism hurts black people" than black people.
Virtue signaling at it's finest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslide View Post
I think creepy joe has a pretty big bad ghost in his closet that’s going to come back and bite him in the ass if it pans out true. It’s why Rudy traveled to Ukraine. Creepy joe, creepy joe’s son and the Ukraine AG he got fired over there = trouble for creepy joe.
I'm really curious to see what Barr will come up with in the next few weeks. I'd love to see some dirty democrat and RINO heads roll over all the entire Russia hoax and moreso if they dig down into the Clinton foundation. You know the likes of McCain were in on it with the Clintons. The establishment types are always chummy with each other when it comes to protecting the status quo.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
She's got too much that I don't agree with to ever throw her a vote personally. On the scale of left to looney left, she's closer to "left" than almost every other candidate running other than Biden.

It's been funny watching how the others have parroted each other. One of them says "I promise 2 years of free college" and then the others scramble to be the one who can give away more free college. Not one of them has any real substance. They've wasted 2.5 years on a hoax and socialism instead of putting forth a better platform and better candidates that might win.
I don't know about all that, Bernie, and Warren and Beto and some of the others are way more partizan.

On the topic of college, when I went to JC tuition was like $40 a semester, had to buy books of course, but how did that get paid for back then? And furthermore the California UC system used to be really affordable, if you wanted to spend big money you went to Stanford or USC, now they're all off the chain expensive.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
Calm your tits there. I didn't say I was voting for her,.....
guess i misunderstood your words below. Doing an awful lot of lobbying and defending of a person you're not going to vote for....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
She's a vet, been in a lot of these places that we've fucked up, she's a Dem and just might get my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
I've had this discussion before, that it's long since time we had a female president,.......

This is the kind of attitude that breeds people voting for someone because of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, LBJQTY, instead of their policies and their character.

FWIW, i like her character and her attitude, if it wasnt for all those things that she is for, that i directly oppose.

Dr. Dingle was right in that she isnt looney. But i bet she gets a lot more looney as we go along so she can catch that hard progressive socialism vote.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner
 
Texas97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 111524
Location: Texas... we dont F*&*% around
Posts: 15,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
And furthermore the California UC system used to be really affordable, if you wanted to spend big money you went to Stanford or USC, now they're all off the chain expensive.
Unchecked governmental lending and tuition increase deregulation at state levels about 16 -18 years ago.
__________________
shhhh.....
Texas97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
When I say that I'll be voting for someone, you'll know it.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 11,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
Unchecked governmental lending and tuition increase deregulation at state levels about 16 -18 years ago.
This. It's no coincidence that a year of school costs what it does when you see what the government will give you with a guaranteed loan.

If we were to put a stop to it, prices would drop, and a lot of these smaller satellite schools would disappear in short order. We can't have these massive school systems without paper milling, unchecked lending, and perpetuating the myth that everyone needs to go to college to be successful.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn
 
Action Fab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77386
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 12,993
Blog Entries: 1
I have been back and forth with whether I want to even hear her out. I do not want to get roped into following another election cycle. I am over it. The position of president should not hold the importance that it does. This decision should not be dealt with by "our democracy", led by mass, uneducated, emotional opinion. The whole idea of a public vote turns my stomach. But here I am, already curious, standing on the edge of the rabbit hole.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 05:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Listen to her on Rogan's podcast. She's also anti patriot act, pro Snowden, pro Assange, and anti PAC and for election reform. Haven't heard if she's for term limits, but it seems like something she'd be behind.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 05:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Lil Uzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6359
Location: Pond
Posts: 15,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattafact View Post
I read an article that sited a study that showed white democrats are more likely to agree with the statement, "racism hurts black people" than black people.
Love to see a link on that
__________________
not surprized yer confused yer face was burried in the pillow pretty deep as gizim drunk as you were
Lil Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 05:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn
 
Action Fab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77386
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 12,993
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
Listen to her on Rogan's podcast. She's also anti patriot act, pro Snowden, pro Assange, and anti PAC and for election reform. Haven't heard if she's for term limits, but it seems like something she'd be behind.
I listened to 5 minutes of it this morning in the shower before being like "oh no, not this obsession again".
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 05:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DT75FLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member # 101209
Location: 3 seasons warm, hot, really hot
Posts: 1,171
look for Ami Horowitz pod cast...hes running as a dem, but is actually more of an independent .

I thunk he is like Dem candidate 41 or sumthing
__________________
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts.

A Nation of sheep will beget a Government of wolves.[/COLOR]
Edward Murrow

Last edited by DT75FLH; 05-14-2019 at 05:49 PM.
DT75FLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Again, she's talking about stuff that it seem no other candidate has the sack for. I hope it opens the topics if nothing else. She's Hawaiian, so she's going to be liberal leaning, but honestly I think that $4b we're spending in Fuckganistan would be much better spent here fixing roads, bridges, rail systems, or even subsidized health care. The system we have now is broke as fuck.

When I started at The Mirage in 1994 you got free health care with a full time gig, and you could pay extra for a better plan and it was like $17 a paycheck, no .gov needed. Now? It's got to be a couple hundy a month, or likely much more. The insurance companies are raping the system and some are paying their exec's $100m + per year.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 05:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT75FLH View Post
look for Ami Horowitz pod cast...hes running as a dem, but is actually more of an independent .

I thunk he is like Dem candidate 41 or sumthing
I may watch a debate or two, depending on who is still standing, but in no way am I watching the national news bubbleheads pontificate on the candidates. Especially not for 18 months, I got bullets to make.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn
 
Action Fab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77386
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 12,993
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
Again, she's talking about stuff that it seem no other candidate has the sack for. I hope it opens the topics if nothing else. She's Hawaiian, so she's going to be liberal leaning, but honestly I think that $4b we're spending in Fuckganistan would be much better spent here fixing roads, bridges, rail systems, or even subsidized health care. The system we have now is broke as fuck.

When I started at The Mirage in 1994 you got free health care with a full time gig, and you could pay extra for a better plan and it was like $17 a paycheck, no .gov needed. Now? It's got to be a couple hundy a month, or likely much more. The insurance companies are raping the system and some are paying their exec's $100m + per year.
Are roads and infrastructure not a state budget issue vs federal defense budget issues?
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 06:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
Change is good.
 
Roc Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20631
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
Posts: 35,093
Yes the states own and maintain the roads, but they can and do get federal funding to supposedly keep them up.

In 2008 or so, the Obama admin gave out a bunch of funds and the freeways around Vegas ended up with metal prancing mustangs, bighorn sheep, torti, and ancient indian images. Now Nevada generally has good roads, especially compared to California, or most places back east, but I don't need decorations on my roads, maybe some, I don't know passing lanes or something.

It's the same old thing, it's not a tax or revenue problem, it's a spending problem.
__________________
Quote:
I get adds for ghey cruises.....
Anyone else????
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Non-Lemming
 
SanDiegoCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Member # 840
Location: Ramona, SoCal
Posts: 78,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
Are roads and infrastructure not a state budget issue vs federal defense budget issues?
A shit load of $$$$$ for road projects comes from the feds.
__________________
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member # 55560
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi View Post
Love to see a link on that
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/18/o...left-turn.html
__________________
A bunch of old crap
Mattafact is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DNC Lawyer Admits They Weren’t Required to be Impartial Between Clinton, Sanders Haole General Chit-Chat 21 05-01-2017 04:24 PM
Van Jones just said that The GOP is doing a better job than the DNC? What? Haole General Chit-Chat 8 05-25-2016 07:45 PM
Bernie Sanders campaign accesses Hillary Clinton data, gets suspended from DNC voter TexasBlake General Chit-Chat 43 12-19-2015 12:35 PM
DNC broke? Beat95YJ General Chit-Chat 15 09-30-2013 12:04 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.