While we're on the new truck kick... - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #76 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 256962
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS View Post
Been considering selling the dually and CTS-V and getting a new truck. Love the the RAM interior but not sure on the new grill/headlights.
WTF, of all the new 3/4-1 ton trucks the Ram is the least ugly one by a mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
or get a used Ford Ranger with a TTB And a bumper that you can put a tow ball in. Both of those will do the exact same work.
Am I being called out here?

Last edited by arse_sidewards; 05-22-2019 at 10:50 AM.
arse_sidewards is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBravo View Post
Just bought a 19 tss package, leather, nav and upgraded stereo. Paid 40k otd. Really like it so far other than 14mpg.

Nice looking truck. I'm not expecting 20 mpg, if I can get around what my Ram gets I'll be happy.
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #78 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Thatís insane! Why buy that when you can get a regular cab 1977 Chevy pick up with a 350 and a 4spd for four grand? Youíre just throwing money away. Youíre doing it all wrong. or get a used Ford Ranger with a TTB And a bumper that you can put a tow ball in. Both of those will do the exact same work.
I mean, for 10k I bought this with 123k miles. ... And for 25% less than that I bought the truck below it right at 100k miles. The ranger does a damn good job keeping those miles as low as possible.

But yeah, I get your point. It just comes down to what's important, I guess. plenty of nice stuff that isn't new and won't depreciate. Whether that means anything to you is the real kicker.
Attached Images

Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #79 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by arse_sidewards View Post
Am I being called out here?
If the shoe fits, I think we both are.
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 48233
Quote:
Originally Posted by yozsi View Post
how do you guys justify the huge payments/huge cost of a new truck? me and the wife went and looked at new suv's and literally laughed at the cost of these new piles of plastic shit. crazy how something can cost 40-60k and be bought at a dealer auction 7 years later for 6-10k
I have the income availability and inability to bank $50K and then blow it in one shot

[QUOTE=xyjbeaker;9759686]"mexican food reminds you of my face?"[/QUOTE]
Doc Holiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 11:52 AM   #81 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner

Member # 111524
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
Nice looking truck. I'm not expecting 20 mpg, if I can get around what my Ram gets I'll be happy.
LOL>....... What year and model Ram you want to compare to?

I have my old half ton 2001 Ram with a very tired 360 in it running 35s, spacer lift, and lockers. 10 mpg, 6 mpg when i pull my skid steer with it.

my 05 Common rail with hand shaker doing pretty regular at 65 mph would get around 16-17. do 70 or 75, thats 14-15 mpg range.

my 2017 SRW Ram 3500 gets steadily 18 mpg highway, regardless of speed but its the Aisin auto trans in it and 3.42 gears. towing, its around 13-14.

no Tundras ive ever had any experience with get better than 12. Coworker has a '15(?) Tundra with IFS erector set lift, rims and tires and hes 10-12 mpg. and i think he pulls a boat with it. Hello single digits.

if you are expecting to get in the teens MPG with a Tundra you're going to have a bad time.

Last edited by Texas97; 05-22-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Texas97 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 12:08 PM   #82 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Thatís insane! Why buy that when you can get a regular cab 1977 Chevy pick up with a 350 and a 4spd for four grand? Youíre just throwing money away. Youíre doing it all wrong. or get a used Ford Ranger with a TTB And a bumper that you can put a tow ball in. Both of those will do the exact same work.

I always give my 2 cents and realize it's just that 2 cents. If it helps, great. If not, well you aren't out much.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #83 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Quote:
Agreed. But I can get a new leftover 2018 also. It's just a 9 year old truck look with a new truck price. They are $2k cheaper than the 2019's. WTF?
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #84 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 152210
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy84 View Post
And 30 minutes later, the very unsatisfied girl realized that if a guy runs around claiming he has a big dick, itís actually the complete opposite.
don't believe everything your mom tells you.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #85 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 151139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
And you lost 20k in equity within the first year. I thought rich people were good with money

OP, no matter what, you got fucked on the (new) purchase. You can justify your loose asshole by telling everyone you love it.
Ya I see the , but this statement is pure BULL SHIT spread by people who have never tried to buy a 1 year old used truck.

See what a truck that is a 1 year old is selling for, see what the actual cost of the same truck is new (not the sticker price, but what people actually pay) and then tell us all about depreciation. Until then, shut your cum trap.

It may have been true at some point back in the late 70's early 80's when a truck was worn out at 100k miles, but it hasn't been true in 20 year.

Edit: I drive an 04 GMC and won't buy a new one, mainly because I hate car dealers but I'm not stupid about trucks holding their value.

Last edited by Grumpy356; 05-22-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Grumpy356 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 82607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
LOL>....... What year and model Ram you want to compare to?

I have my old half ton 2001 Ram with a very tired 360 in it running 35s, spacer lift, and lockers. 10 mpg, 6 mpg when i pull my skid steer with it.

my 05 Common rail with hand shaker doing pretty regular at 65 mph would get around 16-17. do 70 or 75, thats 14-15 mpg range.

my 2017 SRW Ram 3500 gets steadily 18 mpg highway, regardless of speed but its the Aisin auto trans in it and 3.42 gears. towing, its around 13-14.

no Tundras ive ever had any experience with get better than 12. Coworker has a '15(?) Tundra with IFS erector set lift, rims and tires and hes 10-12 mpg. and i think he pulls a boat with it. Hello single digits.

if you are expecting to get in the teens MPG with a Tundra you're going to have a bad time.
I have a 15 3/4 ton HD with the 5.7, I get between 15 and 9 towing , my goals are not high. It's more about comfort. Do you suppose Toyota padded/lied/faked their MPG's like Ford just did on the Ranger?
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post
Ya I see the , but this statement is pure BULL SHIT spread by people who have never tried to buy a 1 year old used truck.

See what a truck that is a 1 year old is selling for, see what the actual cost of the same truck is new (not the sticker price, but what people actually pay) and then tell us all about depreciation. Until then, shut your cum trap.

It may have been true at some point back in the late 70's early 80's when a truck was worn out at 100k miles, but it hasn't been true in 20 year.

Edit: I drive an 04 GMC and won't buy a new one, mainly because I hate car dealers but I'm not stupid about trucks holding their value.
Got another one on the line! Let me reel this one is reeaaallll slow.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladman View Post
don't believe everything your mom tells you.
Every now and then the story about you comes up. I canít get over when she says ďfrom all his talk, I expected him to be hung like an elephant, but after 10 minutes of him fucking my belly button, I realized he had the bark of a pit bull and the bite of a chihuahuaĒ

Youíre a legend
Old 05-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 45202
Quote:
How do you poor people troll from the shore?
Old 05-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 548137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy356 View Post

Yep. Doesn't work like that these days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
denverd1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #91 (permalink)
Roo skin seat covers

Member # 342298
Quote:
True to a point, ask yourself this, would you trust your doctor if he worked out of a tent? Or your dentist if he had a home office? Part of it is marketing.
It's professionalism whether you admit it or not. I take pride in my work and want to look professional. Call it ego, call it crazy, I like it
Everybuddy else has answered that

I see you construct buildings. Me too. Except I chose to go back to being a carpenter and joiner on the tools. Having a ball.

Those house styles look nice. When can I come over and knock some up with you?

Yeah, nice rig too. Whatever. Imma drive that around too when I come
Old 05-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
How do you poor people troll from the shore?
Have you seen boat financing? 120 months
Old 05-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 688970
Quote:
Nice backpedal chump
santa V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 89546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post

I always give my 2 cents and realize it's just that 2 cents. If it helps, great. If not, well you aren't out much.
Well then you owe me at lease 86 cents, because Iíve listened to your shit many, many times.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS View Post
Quote:
Agreed. But I can get a new leftover 2018 also. It's just a 9 year old truck look with a new truck price. They are $2k cheaper than the 2019's. WTF?
19’s have the 8sp and compressed graphite blocks in the diesel. I bought the 18 because it’s a tested and solid platform, and I don’t care if it looks old. I Didn’t want to own a first year of the new stuff. I’ll probably drive this one a lot of years if I can adjust to the short bed. The 6.7 is night and day better than my 5.9 in power, generating heat, and cold starts. Plus the backup sensor and camera is pretty cool now that I’m getting older. The Bluetooth is also cool and quiet enough you can talk on it while driving.

I drove old junk for a lot of years, now I have a hard time finding free time to fix stuff.
Norm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 PM   #96 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 152210
Quote:
Every now and then the story about you comes up. I canít get over when she says ďfrom all his talk, I expected him to be hung like an elephant, but after 10 minutes of him fucking my belly button, I realized he had the bark of a pit bull and the bite of a chihuahuaĒ

Youíre a legend

ha ha
after pushing out your waterhead it was hot dog down a hallway!
Old 05-23-2019, 08:35 AM   #97 (permalink)
Take a Knee

Member # 44531
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyb View Post
i'm always currious when people say they need a presentable veicle. cuz thats normally the i want it, talk me into thing. not reality. some of the wealthiest men i've ever met drove old minivans and f150's day to day.
Some people, when they say they want a presentable business, realize that the reputation of their business is influenced by the vehicle they drive for their business.

Rusty, old oil leaker? I'm assuming your work will be of similar quality.

Clean, well-kept 3-5 year-old vehicle? I'm assuming you understand value and care about your craftsmanship.

Brand new, expensive vehicle? You're probably going to be out of business soon.

Like it or not, your vehicle speaks volumes - as does the way you drive it.

Sure, some of the wealthiest people drive older vehicles. Other wealthy people have the philosophy that they can't take the money with them so they enjoy it while they're alive. Personally, I'm sort of a mix of the two.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #98 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner

Member # 111524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
Brand new, expensive vehicle? You're probably going to be out of business soon.
This isnt always true. That 3-5 year old vehicle that is cared for had to start life as a brand new one at some time.

For most businesses, it doesn't make sense to buy "Gently used" trucks. most vehicles that are used for work are very high mileage, out of warranty, and ready to be sent on down the line at the 5 year mark. which is also around the time their tax depreciation wears out.

So just because someone is in a new truck doesnt mean they are out of business soon, it could mean they are in the natural life cycle of work vehicles that every company must go through.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #99 (permalink)
Surgical Shotgunner

Member # 111524
Quote:
Do you suppose Toyota padded/lied/faked their MPG's like Ford just did on the Ranger?
they all do. but its no secret that new Toyota trucks guzzle gas like the Magnum Dodges did in the 90s. Regardless of what they say on the sticker. I dont know what Ford claimed on the ranger but i cant believe they would bring back the name of one of the most notorious pieces of crap anyone ever slapped a bed on and be proud of it.

wasnt Ford playing the MPG game by offering that mighty 3.07 rear end gear set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
19ís have the 8sp and compressed graphite blocks in the diesel. I bought the 18 because itís a tested and solid platform, and I donít care if it looks old. I Didnít want to own a first year of the new stuff. Iíll probably drive this one a lot of years if I can adjust to the short bed. The 6.7 is night and day better than my 5.9 in power, generating heat, and cold starts. Plus the backup sensor and camera is pretty cool now that Iím getting older. The Bluetooth is also cool and quiet enough you can talk on it while driving.

I drove old junk for a lot of years, now I have a hard time finding free time to fix stuff.
im right there with you. my 17 i bought last year was the first vehicle ive owned in 20 years that didnt have 100k miles on it when i got it.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:43 AM   #100 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 123554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
19ís have the 8sp and compressed graphite blocks in the diesel. I bought the 18 because itís a tested and solid platform, and I donít care if it looks old. I Didnít want to own a first year of the new stuff. Iíll probably drive this one a lot of years if I can adjust to the short bed. The 6.7 is night and day better than my 5.9 in power, generating heat, and cold starts. Plus the backup sensor and camera is pretty cool now that Iím getting older. The Bluetooth is also cool and quiet enough you can talk on it while driving.

Right there with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggie06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in