Trump Mexico Tariffs Illegals - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2019, 06:35 AM   #201 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 13671
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
No. I think Rooney was juuuust about to tell us how to make missiles and johnemt was interrupting him to tell us about being an elevator operator.
Rooney is an engineer. I believe his basic job description is, he gets the initial rough draft, and modifies it so that it's nearly impossible to manufacture or service in the field.
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 06:47 AM   #202 (permalink)

Member # 77578
Send a message via AIM to XJben
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
You'll lose on both counts. SCOTUS has consistently ruled for decades that illegals can't be denied almost all benefits. The rulings are based on the 14th amendment's "equal protection clause". As far as a 3rd term.....

XXII Amendment

Section 1
No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
No duh. I know the president can't get elected a third time....I was saying that any president that ACTUALLY put this country and it's legal citizens first and did things to drastically cut illegal immigration and force the bad characters out, that president would be so popular that people would want to elect them to a third term.

Could start by deporting every illegal in American tax payer funded jails....televise it.

And I like the idea above....tax all the money sent out of this country. I'd like to hear the argument against it.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #203 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJben View Post
No duh. I know the president can't get elected a third time....I was saying that any president that ACTUALLY put this country and it's legal citizens first and did things to drastically cut illegal immigration and force the bad characters out, that president would be so popular that people would want to elect them to a third term.
But that's not what you posted. I'm not a mind reader.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 11:47 AM   #204 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
But that's not what you posted. I'm not a mind reader.
The rest of us knew full well what he meant and Im guessing you did as well. You were just being a pedantic little shit.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #205 (permalink)

Member # 80823
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHV Wildcat View Post
As usual, there isn't a limited-government advocate in sight. Tariffs harm the nation that levies them, typically more than the nation they're levied against. Oh, and they harm the poor the most. So, Trump is now a hero by making vegetables more expensive.

You want less illegal immigration? Then massively cut societal safety nets, and massively increase legal immigration limits. Then, everyone contributes, and we gain labor--a scarce resource.
The Voice Of Reason!
orangewagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #206 (permalink)

Member # 168382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwenil View Post
So Mexico will either be our wall or they will pay for it.
Ummmm, as an importer of goods, I pay the tariffs for products imported from China. Those additional costs are then passed on to the consumer. The only cost China assumes is a prospective loss of sales revenue, but they don't pay a nickel of the tariffs.

With Mexico, it will be the same. The wrinkle is there are a ton of affected Companies that will be involved in ISDS contracts (Investor State Dispute Settlements) where corporate losses at the hands of a government are protected, such as policy that causes wages to increase, places more restrictions on business, i.e. environmental regulations and the purveyors of such governance foot the bill.

In all NAFTA was a huge corporate giveaway and the very minor changes with the current administration did nothing to remedy ISDS contracts. In the over 25 years of NAFTA putting the screws to the American people, while wages in Mexico have gone down by 3% over the same 25 years. The whole thing was good for no one but corporations and the current grifter in the Whitehouse, like his predecessors, aren't going to do anything about it.
JPop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #207 (permalink)
Damn kids

Member # 162771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPop View Post
Ummmm, as an importer of goods <bitch and moan>

Hey, how about this: fuck you, hire some Americans and make the shit here.

Always tip.

plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 04:54 PM   #208 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
Ummmm, as an importer of goods, I pay the tariffs for products
Wow. Just fucking wow. Anyone that tongues a cheap piece of plastic after buying it is an "importer of Chinese goods".

Serious question. What branch of the USA government collects the tariff money and what do they do with it ?
Old 06-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #209 (permalink)

Member # 41063
Quote:
You completely missed the point of tariffs. Yes, the cost is passed on to the consumer so the consumer now looks at the price and decides to either buy the expensive item from a country that supports illegals crossing our borders or they can buy a cheaper item made in the USA or in a country that doesn't support hordes of unwashed, ignorant and greedy fools trampling over our border and laws.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #210 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckntx View Post
The rest of us knew full well what he meant and Im guessing you did as well. You were just being a pedantic little shit.
No, I'm calling him out on his bullshit. If that upsets you, too fucking bad.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #211 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 70340
So this means everything made in Mexico or at least Assembled in Mexico will be more expensive only for US Citizens after this Trump move, isn't it??

I'm talking about Automobile industry (Parts and Cars) Toyota, Ford, KIA, Chevrolet, etc.
Technology industry: Samsung, Panasonic, LG, etc
Steel industry, Electric industry, etc, etc, etc...

WTB:
* LSX/6L80 complete takeout
* Complete DE Hydro steering system
* Millermatic Multiprocess or 255 MIG
* Tuffy Overhead Console
Jorge Meza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #212 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Meza View Post
So this means everything made in Mexico or at least Assembled in Mexico will be more expensive only for US Citizens after this Trump move, isn't it??

I'm talking about Automobile industry (Parts and Cars) Toyota, Ford, KIA, Chevrolet, etc.
Technology industry: Samsung, Panasonic, LG, etc
Steel industry, Electric industry, etc, etc, etc...
That's my understanding.
Action Fab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #213 (permalink)

Member # 6359
It was made cheaper by moving it there with no, zero tangible benefit to those people left behind. We got fucked. Given all the do-gooder bullshit rampant in this country it's amazing that the foreign made products don't elicit the same cry for environmental, health and sustainability controls.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #214 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
No, I'm calling him out on his bullshit. If that upsets you, too fucking bad.
Why would it upset me? You seem to be slightly upset about it though.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #215 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Ummmm, as an importer of goods, I pay the tariffs for products imported from China. Those additional costs are then passed on to the consumer. The only cost China assumes is a prospective loss of sales revenue, but they don't pay a nickel of the tariffs.

With Mexico, it will be the same. The wrinkle is there are a ton of affected Companies that will be involved in ISDS contracts (Investor State Dispute Settlements) where corporate losses at the hands of a government are protected, such as policy that causes wages to increase, places more restrictions on business, i.e. environmental regulations and the purveyors of such governance foot the bill.

In all NAFTA was a huge corporate giveaway and the very minor changes with the current administration did nothing to remedy ISDS contracts. In the over 25 years of NAFTA putting the screws to the American people, while wages in Mexico have gone down by 3% over the same 25 years. The whole thing was good for no one but corporations and the current grifter in the Whitehouse, like his predecessors, aren't going to do anything about it.
I would say it got mexicos attention. They sent a rather large delegation pretty god damn quick to meet with Trump. Fuck em shut the ports till they stop the invasion. If that doesnt work then it needs to be stepped up.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #216 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Why would it upset me? You seem to be slightly upset about it though.
You were upset enough to call me a name, so stop with your bullshit.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2019, 07:36 PM   #217 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
I would say it got mexicos attention. They sent a rather large delegation pretty god damn quick to meet with Trump. Fuck em shut the ports till they stop the invasion. If that doesnt work then it needs to be stepped up.
Mexico and China are very much dependent on the USA to keep their fragile economies going. Both of those countries are centralist controlled, so there's not a lot of debate about what to do. China has bigger balls and more weapons, in that they are not afraid to punish the standard of living of their people to make a gain for the party, or to hold hostage rare earth production, etc.. Mexico needs the USA and has virtually nothing they can hold over our heads. US manufacturing (assembly, really) is the only thing that MX has that we want, but of course that can be done in the US or Canada, but it can't happen overnight.

I'm for a global economy, but one with a decently level table. The company I work for is 50 years old and is 100% USA. Our machines are USA made, the steel we use for our moulds is USA made, our packaging, etc.. But still we are getting hit with trickle down from this poorly thought out trade war. Trucking costs are going up due to EPA requirements, insurance costs, and a shortage of drivers which was really painful when the tariffs were announced and the mfgs that were importing materials wanted to stock up and there was a trucking shortage, so they raised their rates...do you think they've brought them back down now that the crush is over? Nope.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 10:27 PM   #218 (permalink)

Member # 700186
Quote:
Never, ever assume that SDCJ has the cognitive ability you do. I don't know you, you may be retarded. You're still smarter than he is.

Last edited by Buck Wild Racing; 06-04-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Buck Wild Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 11:01 PM   #219 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Never, ever assume that SDCJ has the cognitive ability you do. I don't know you, you may be retarded. You're still smarter than he is.
Well my Dad did call me "special" a lot. So theres that.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:08 PM   #220 (permalink)

Member # 14599
You Trumpster dopes are so dim. Tariffs aren't paid by Mexico. They are paid by people and companies in the U. S. that buy products from Mexico. Like cars and trucks, auto parts, beer and tequila. Trump's playing you for fools.
jeepnuts99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 06:35 AM   #221 (permalink)

Member # 34347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don. View Post
I'd cap it out at 50% and hike it 5% every two weeks. Then I'd let it ride for as many weeks as it took to get there before pulling it.

If you really want to shut it down, shut down the drugs. The cartels actually run that shithole.

When the commie judges start their shit, deport them.
The only way to cut off the cartels income is to legalize all recreational drugs. The US Government has been trying to shut down the supply crossing the borders for years and have made zero progress.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:42 AM   #222 (permalink)

Member # 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnuts99 View Post
Mueller is going to arrest Trump tomorrow.
Yeah yeah we've heard all about it Junior. Thank you for patting our low, sloping skulls with your liberal and benificent California hand of maternalism.

Quote:
Mueller!
Quote:
Orange Man Bad!
Quote:
You Trumpers are being played!
You got any new tracks Wolfman Jack?
EverNoob is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 06:53 AM   #223 (permalink)

Member # 168382
Quote:
Originally Posted by plym49 View Post
Hey, how about this: fuck you, hire some Americans and make the shit here.
There are plenty of goods from industries we don't want to manufacture here. Tons of toxins, hazardous to water tables and a huge environmental impact. Making the assumption that there is a path to make a lot of items here is pretty foolhardy.

Additionally, in many cases we simply don't have the educated workforce to support technology products. For that matter, we already have tremendous pressure on wages which doesn't make the country a target for growth and the age of the average worker is over 42 and climbing.

Use a cell phone, a computer, a TV perhaps? Very likely those things came from a Pacific Rim country, industries that in part we don't want here because of their environmental impact, and again we don't have the workforce to support them.

The "fuck you" was a nice touch, appreciate the sentiment.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:01 AM   #224 (permalink)

Member # 168382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi View Post
Wow. Just fucking wow. Anyone that tongues a cheap piece of plastic after buying it is an "importer of Chinese goods".

Serious question. What branch of the USA government collects the tariff money and what do they do with it ?
Not all Chinese goods are cheap plastic, as I type away on my Chinese made Macbook and listen to the news on my iphone.

The Treasury ends up with the funds from tariffs collected by the Borders and Customs Protection.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #225 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Wild Racing View Post
Oh, so taking what someone posts at face value instead of filtering it through my own prejudices is a lack of "cognitive ability" ?

You are so full of shit and yourself.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in