Beyond pissed... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2019, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 31211
Beyond pissed...

Just have to vent for a second...

My wheeling buddy from college was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer exactly one year ago today. He has four young daughter's including a one year old. We went to Moab in 2004 and it was the first time I had ever really been rock crawling. I caught the wheeling bug and started building my old CJ after that.

This poor guy has had brain surgery, SERIOUS rounds of chemo and radiation in the last year, has to wear an Optune head gear unit 24/7, and just found out his wife of 13 years has been cheating behind his back while sick with a friend of a friend (now former wheeling friend). The guy has been fighting for his life and trying to make the most of the time he has left with his wife and 4 daughters and this shit happens. There is no point to this thread other than to vent and say, karma is a fawking bitch! Her boyfriend is lucky he lives halfway across the country. My friend isn't allowed to lift anything heavier than 20 lbs due to being sick, so it's not like he can take the fight to the fuck stick. So pissed... beyond pissed...
charlieboyd65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 138515
Post up the dudes address and name, does he have a sunroof?
pyleit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 31211
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyleit View Post
Post up the dudes address and name, does he have a sunroof?
My buddy has dude's address. It's how he finally got her to fess up. Maybe I should get him to give it to me and dox the mofo.
charlieboyd65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Scarlet letter, baby.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 03:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 82607
A woman has needs too.
She just lookin' for the next suga-daddy for her tribe
It sucks but se la vie
I feel bad for your friend.
dave_dj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dj1 View Post
A woman has needs too.
It sucks but se la vie
Needs?
Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:
A woman has needs too.
It sucks but se la vie
Yeah, fuck her and her "needs". She can pretend to not be a rutting animal for a while while her mate DIES.

After he's gone, she'll have plenty of time to show the girls how to be a whore.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 653210
POST THE ADDRESS
Ill write a letter. If its close ill hand deliver.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 125937
i will say this to the OP.

My wife had brain cancer. Multiple surgeries, shitty chemo, trial drugs. radiation. She was not the same person after all that. She didn't wear the Optune but almost. She didn't want to.

This was all over a two year period until she passed.

Cheating among spouses who are married to someone that has a debilitating illness is VERY common I have learned. I have read its at something like 80%. And now after talking to widows and widowers, I would guess its even higher.

While it sounds shitty, there were many times that I considered it. I was almost never out alone over two years so I did not have much of an opportunity, but they did arise.

I never did, and I am glad that I didn't looking back. But I can completely understand how someone could.

My point is, if you have never walked in those shoes, maybe mind your own fucking business.

I get the macho thing to do is call her a whore and all the cool things that guys do, but maybe realize that her life ended as she knew it a long time ago as well.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 120626
I'm down to ride (said in Gangster)
mechanicalmongoose20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 05:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dntsdad View Post

My wife had brain cancer. Multiple surgeries, shitty chemo, trial drugs. radiation. She was not the same person after all that. She didn't wear the Optune but almost. She didn't want to.

Cheating among spouses who are married to someone that has a debilitating illness is VERY common I have learned. I have read its at something like 80%. And now after talking to widows and widowers, I would guess its even higher.

While it sounds shitty, there were many times that I considered it. I was almost never out alone over two years so I did not have much of an opportunity, but they did arise.

I never did, and I am glad that I didn't looking back. But I can completely understand how someone could.

My point is, if you have never walked in those shoes, maybe mind your own fucking business.

I get the macho thing to do is call her a whore and all the cool things that guys do, but maybe realize that her life ended as she knew it a long time ago as well.

Cheating is common so its okay?
Old 06-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 75858
Quote:

The phrase "till death do we part" comes to mind. Anyone who's been married for a while has had an opportunity to cheat. The difference is whether you are a person of your word or not.

Her life ending as she knew it is far less than his. She should suck it up. (and kudos to you because you did)
Old 06-12-2019, 07:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:

I'll go with this approach instead of the knee jerk pissed off reaction.
charlieboyd65, sorry for your friend.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
A woman has needs too.
It sucks but se la vie
Not to be evil, but she can wait until the body is cold.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 487154
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rhino View Post
The phrase "till death do we part" comes to mind. Anyone who's been married for a while has had an opportunity to cheat. The difference is whether you are a person of your word or not.

Her life ending as she knew it is far less than his. She should suck it up. (and kudos to you because you did)
Agreed.
That's become a major problem. People don't give two shits what they say during their marital ceremony and there's a growing shift to not even say the old school stuff. Yes, i understand different religions due and say different things. That does not change the fact that people across the board care less and less about what a marriage is actually supposed to mean.
Urges happen, sure. But to even attempt to justify going through with it as "Well, they might not be around after a while so I should find someone else now" is just moronic. Do those people then feel true remorse and try to cling to their marriage after the spouse beats the odds and is able to say I beat cancers useless ass? I would think there is not much to salvage at that point. The deed is done and the stronger of the two people has now saw your true colors, that you don't love them as much as you claimed.
"You don't know how you would react"? That can literally be used for any and every situation and has become as over played as #MeToo. If you don't know how you're going to act if the person you were willing to be married to, grow a life, have FOUR children with gets a serious disease that they didn't ask for; maybe marriage isn't your thing.

OP, sorry to hear about your friend, I wish him the best of luck.
Good on DNT for not following through on those urges.
________/__/__\____\_,__
|- /ĮĮ\_''______/ĮĮ\-[]===[]
_`(o)_)<>)_)__`(o)_)o==)_)

Quote:
Mathematics itself operates as Whiteness.
5TonDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 85140
Did the "other guy" know the whole situation? Everyone wants to go after him. The blame is on the wife regardless. That's the thing about cheating bitches. They lie about things. Things like having a husband.
shaggy10000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 44692
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy10000 View Post
Did the "other guy" know the whole situation? Everyone wants to go after him. The blame is on the wife regardless. That's the thing about cheating bitches. They lie about things. Things like having a husband.
Not exactly sure what kind of commitments the guy made to your buddy or the relationship they had, but i am pretty sure she did not just accidentally fall on his dick. Even if everyone knew each other, she was the one who cheated, not him. Gotta give credit where it is due.
crimsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
"wife of 13 years has been cheating behind his back while sick with a friend of a friend (now former wheeling friend). "

I'm going to go with yeah, he knew.

I do agree though that it takes two and if she's willing to spread her legs, someone is going to stick a dick in it.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 1270
AWALT
CaddMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 50866
I believe people don’t really love or care about you. Women love what men do for them. People are just replaceable figures in a persons life. That’s my view upon experience
Old 06-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
What did you expect?

Member # 119290
Different view: other guy is an asshole, but if the the one at real fault is the wife. If the "friend of a friend" hadn't , it would have been somebody else.

Whores will find a dick. My ex found two, I had to put my bang toys in my brother's safe for a year. Took me that long to realize it wasn't worth it to go after the p.o.s......I

(not saying that I would not participate in a harassment campaign if we get an address.....)
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtony View Post
I believe people donít really love or care about you. Women love what men do for them. People are just replaceable figures in a persons life. Thatís my view upon experience
No. Dead wrong. Sorry your life path is what you chose.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Wiseguy

Member # 867108
Quote:
And there it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
I'll go with this approach instead of the knee jerk pissed off reaction.
charlieboyd65, sorry for your friend.
x2

Quote:
Agreed, it takes 2 to tango.

John Wayne
True Grit
Bubba the Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
How weird. I was seriously just contemplating something similar 5 minutes ago. I'm very high risk for cancer. Between my lack of PPE, the general dangers of metal and chemicals I've been in contact with in high doses and my lineage point to the strong possibility that I'll die of cancer. I have a number of skin spots that popped up recently that I need biopsies done on. The idea scares the fuck out of me.

... my thoughts moments ago are if I find out I have cancer, what do I do. My initial thought was to run AWAY from my wife. I do not know that I'd fight it. Something about a slow decline into nothingness makes me want to save her from me. She's still young, beautiful, and more importantly a high value woman. I'd want her to try to move on sooner rather than later. If I knew I was destroyed or compromised like that, I'd have a really hard time sticking around for everyone to watch me wilt away into someone I'm not. I'd rather be gone completely, with their last memories being good and my illness not be the massive burden I know it can become.

Long rambling thoughts.

Sorry about your friend, OP. I usually don't say anything in these threads because they scare the crap out of me. But I feel so much worse for your friend's wife and the horrible feelings/situation she must be dealing with. I don't have judgment to pass on her. The things she's going through are literally my worst nightmare.

Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtony View Post
I believe people donít really love or care about you. Women love what men do for them. People are just replaceable figures in a persons life. Thatís my view upon experience
Well that's a bummer dude. I don't believe that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba the Red View Post
And there it is.

x2

Agreed, it takes 2 to tango.

So as long as your loved one is sick than its okay to cheat?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in