Craigslist of the day: Custom Tactical Offroad Mustang* - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 40417
As if the Bama tune weren't bad enough he puts in "jet fuel"

"Also if this car ever be in a crash, other car/people that involved in the crash will be much more seriously injured. Always need to drive very carefully."

^challenge accepted?
Old 06-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
We've had two gas service trucks filed with red diesel in a month, mechanics trucks, driven by diesel mechanics. I told my boss we need to reevaluate our pay scale to recruit some decent talent
yeah... but it tax free and all

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 25632
It's always funny to me when people build these off the wall vehicles that no one else on earth would want, and and then put them up for sale.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
His grammar makes me think hes a Nigerian prince.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 15230
Needs more

Old 06-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Wiseguy

Member # 867108
The key fob is the clincher for me. Sweet!

Last edited by Bubba the Red; 06-13-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Bubba the Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpostal View Post
Needs more

I remember that, what movie is that?

& Blaine

Old 06-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
We've had two gas service trucks filed with red diesel in a month, mechanics trucks, driven by diesel mechanics. I told my boss we need to reevaluate our pay scale to recruit some decent talent
To explain how I wound up doing it, it's a bit of a long story, but we'd often know we had an aircraft at work that would need to be defueled. As I worked for idiots then, we had no proper means to save the fuel that was drained out. Basically they'd put it in the slop/waste oil drums and pay to have it disposed of. So I would scrounge up every jerry can I had, red or yellow, and take them to work on those days. This was a red can that had gasoline in it before this, and helpfully had "Gas - 87" written on it by me, which I then proceeded to fill with the free jet fuel. Jet is much clearer than diesel, and feels dryer than diesel, so when I grabbed the can I gave it the sniff test (residual gas made it smell gassy, hell, there may even have been some left in it when I topped it up with jet) and it looked clear, so I knew it definitely wasn't diesel, and although that it might be jet it did say "Gas - 87" on the can, so... I put it in my JK. The logic at that point also was that if I was wrong, at least I wasn't putting gas in my diesel truck.

Anyways, obviously I was wrong, as became immediately apparent when I started it up after that. I've never got such shitty fuel economy as I did on that tank, and that was after topping it up with 94. Hard starting doesn't even begin to describe it.

That said, a gas Honda water(fuel) pump will run fairly decently on jet as long as you start it on gas and get it hot before adding the wrong jerry can.

DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 726945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
To explain how I wound up doing it, it's a bit of a long story, but we'd often know we had an aircraft at work that would need to be defueled. As I worked for idiots then, we had no proper means to save the fuel that was drained out. Basically they'd put it in the slop/waste oil drums and pay to have it disposed of. So I would scrounge up every jerry can I had, red or yellow, and take them to work on those days. This was a red can that had gasoline in it before this, and helpfully had "Gas - 87" written on it by me, which I then proceeded to fill with the free jet fuel. Jet is much clearer than diesel, and feels dryer than diesel, so when I grabbed the can I gave it the sniff test (residual gas made it smell gassy, hell, there may even have been some left in it when I topped it up with jet) and it looked clear, so I knew it definitely wasn't diesel, and although that it might be jet it did say "Gas - 87" on the can, so... I put it in my JK. The logic at that point also was that if I was wrong, at least I wasn't putting gas in my diesel truck.

Anyways, obviously I was wrong, as became immediately apparent when I started it up after that. I've never got such shitty fuel economy as I did on that tank, and that was after topping it up with 94. Hard starting doesn't even begin to describe it.

That said, a gas Honda water(fuel) pump will run fairly decently on jet as long as you start it on gas and get it hot before adding the wrong jerry can.
Most diesels run well on Jet A1. Needs to either be cut 50/50 with diesel or have a pint of Jet 2 oil added per tank to help lube the pump........ Not that I'd know anything about running diesels on Jet A1
Old 06-14-2019, 02:58 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Quote:
This was probably one of our no talent new hires half asleep on night shift.
There is a silver lining.
One of these no talent hacks somehow convinced the boss he's gods gift to light duty pickups, knows it all. Just needs boss man to buy a 5k snapon scantool from "my guy". We've seen this shit before. Fortunately Mr scantool spent a shift trying to trouble shoot this fucking thing with whatever code reader somebody had, the cats are, bad, no wait, it's the egr, or the maf, blah blah blah.

I needed a truck to drive, it was on the dead line, another crusty fucker was dicking with it, it was lean backfiring thru the intake, so I had him cycle the key and I hit the valve core on the rail, red? Smelled like gas, looked like diesel.
Pulled the fuel line at the rail, slid hose over it, into a bucket, jumped the relay and camped out while it pumped 25 gallons of mix out. Pushed it to the gas pump with a forklift, primed it with ether, got it going, the longer it ran, the better it got.
Took the boss out back and showed him the bucket, showed him my pocket screwdriver, told him that a 5k scan tool isn't going to tell you about contaminated fuel, buy a 1500 scan tool, and stop hiring dumb fucks.

Sometimes the bus driver has to circle the block a couple times, but, Gotcha Bitch!
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieNZ View Post
Most diesels run well on Jet A1. Needs to either be cut 50/50 with diesel or have a pint of Jet 2 oil added per tank to help lube the pump........ Not that I'd know anything about running diesels on Jet A1
I ran it for years in my Dodge, which was why I'd take every jerry can I owned when we were defueling. I just put 200:1 worth of 2 smoke oil in it. Never had any IP or injector issues. My shop furnace runs on it too. Which is where I should have dumped the mystery jerry can, but I think the tank was full at that point.

Then they smartened up a bit and bought a tank and a fuel truck, so it ruined my supply.

DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 15230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I remember that, what movie is that?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:39 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 726945
Quote:

Then they smartened up a bit and bought a tank and a fuel truck, so it ruined my supply.
That's a bugger.
All the stuff I work on these days runs on avgas so none for me either anymore
Old 06-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #39 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Attached Images

& Blaine

Old 06-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 858714
I guess he has to "move many stuffs"?
Murder Yota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in