Toyotas the new Jeeps? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2019, 10:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Pat

Member # 120
Another big thing I think folks forget, Asking price vs what they actually sell for are 2 different things. Craigslist is comical sometimes with what some folks ask...
Old 06-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 40301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Another big thing I think folks forget, Asking price vs what they actually sell for are 2 different things. Craigslist is comical sometimes with what some folks ask...<a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/shaking.gif" border="0" alt="" title="shaking head" >:-)</a>
This is why i posted up here. If i can honestly get $5-8k for an 82 with 1UZ/auto/4.7 single case, 3in lift, lockers on 37 Baja TA and double beadlocks then its gone. But if people are just asking insane prices and nothing is selling then thats different.

From the sounds of it though I think i may pretty it up and see what offers come in. Sounds like I might just be in the right location. My problem has always been I think "what would i pay for this?" and that has screwed me before because i am a cheap ass bastard.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8DWINGS View Post
Too bad the seller is fixated on it being a California (diesel) truck so it's automatically worth $10,000 or more and he won't budge on price.
Not sure why the diesels are so god damned expensive. We beat on them in Afghanistan and Africa. They are gutless pieces of shit. A 22RE makes more power.
Aisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
As homosexuality has become 'mainstream' and is being pushed by media, politicians, and corporations, naturally the demand for a 'lifestyle' vehicle tailored to this particular flavour of sexual deviance has exploded.
Exactly, that's why you see so many jeeps.
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC11 View Post
Exactly, that's why you see so many jeeps.
Wow, take that cock out of your mouth so you maybe can see the thread and read it correctly.

We were talking about used (20+ year old) Toyotas and the pricing being so hot that the owners are flaming.

Jeep makes a minivan that doesn't look like a minivan. It's a solid marketing strategy to attract sales in a market where 99% of what is available absolutely sucks. Things like the Sienna. Do you want to drive a Sienna? Seriously? You like the Sienna? Fuck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 775873
Quote:
Wow, take that cock out of your mouth so you maybe can see the thread and read it correctly.

We were talking about used (20+ year old) Toyotas and the pricing being so hot that the owners are flaming.

Jeep makes a minivan that doesn't look like a minivan. It's a solid marketing strategy to attract sales in a market where 99% of what is available absolutely sucks. Things like the Sienna. Do you want to drive a Sienna? Seriously? You like the Sienna? Fuck.
FJC11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
As homosexuality has become 'mainstream' and is being pushed by media, politicians, and corporations, naturally the demand for a 'lifestyle' vehicle tailored to this particular flavour of sexual deviance has exploded.
Well, that explains all the gheyed up mall crawler jeeps I see everyday. Good call.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsintrigger View Post
This is why i posted up here. If i can honestly get $5-8k for an 82 with 1UZ/auto/4.7 single case, 3in lift, lockers on 37 Baja TA and double beadlocks then its gone. But if people are just asking insane prices and nothing is selling then thats different.
That would sell no problem here for between $5-8k, may not sell within 24 hours of listing it on CL, but it would sell.

Quote:
From the sounds of it though I think i may pretty it up and see what offers come in. Sounds like I might just be in the right location. My problem has always been I think "what would i pay for this?" and that has screwed me before because i am a cheap ass bastard.
No harm in cleaning it up and listing it to see what interest you get.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 200204
Prices of Toyotas have gone up. Might not sell at asking price but, they are more expensive than, say early 2000s.

Prices of Toyota parts have gone up too.

The only thing that has not changed is DirtyComanche's hate for Toyotas, or has it?

Last edited by 4Ruinned; 06-24-2019 at 07:48 PM.
4Ruinned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2019, 05:52 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
Not sure why the diesels are so god damned expensive. We beat on them in Afghanistan and Africa. They are gutless pieces of shit. A 22RE makes more power.
His is in California as a diesel. The ONLY reason it’s “worth” that much is you couldn’t bring one in. To 49 other states it doesn’t matter. To one person in one state it matters and it’s worth $10,000 to have a standard cab manual transmission black truck.
H8DWINGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2019, 05:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ruinned View Post

The only thing that has not changed is DirtyComanche's hate for Toyotas, or has it?
More like he's fed up with "Toy people" always claiming anyone with a Jeep is a fag. That line is so played out.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 3553
Send a message via AIM to FreakAccident
I bought a 98 4runner with 198k on it that had a bad radiator, no cat, rusted bumpers, and rusted out exhaust for $1500. I put a few hundred in it to replace those parts and sold it for 4k. Non-rusty Toyotas are money where I am.
FreakAccident is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #38 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrikeKid View Post
They've exploded in popularity the last few years. I paid $2500 for an '85 Xtra Cab that already had a lift/tires and it was the 3rd or 4th truck I looked at in that price range but that was in '04-05. Had an '86 5-6 years ago that I bought for $1500 but it was pretty ugly when I bought it.

They're hitting that age like 3rd gen F bodies and Fox Mustangs are where guys that had one or wanted to have one in highschool are willing to pay for a clean one now. They were cheap for a long time and a lot of them just plain got used up.
Subybaja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
More like he's fed up with "Toy people" always claiming anyone with a Jeep is a fag. That line is so played out.
Yet still so true for so many Jeep owners.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:28 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
Yet still so true for so many Jeep owners.
https://www.toyotadriverseat.com/tea...aces-pride.htm

They're flying the rainbow flag for you right now, fuckboi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
https://www.toyotadriverseat.com/tea...aces-pride.htm

They're flying the rainbow flag for you right now, fuckboi.
A corporation doing it to move product is one thing, an owner painting that product to tell the world what he is, is completely different.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
A corporation doing it to move product is one thing, an owner painting that product to tell the world what he is, is completely different.
Bullshit.

The corporation knows who their customer base is. It's faggots like you. So they pander to it.

There's a few comfortable Jeep owners that paint their shit up. Good for them. But by and large the bottoms have a Toyota in the garage.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:

Completely redundant, like a double negative.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Bullshit.

The corporation knows who their customer base is. It's faggots like you. So they pander to it.

There's a few comfortable Jeep owners that paint their shit up. Good for them. But by and large the bottoms have a Toyota in the garage.
Yep, real comfy.

Jeep's new slogan, "Gender confused, no problem, let the Wrangler help you through your transition".
Old 06-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post
Guess that works, so gay they have to be straight, like Gavin Newsome.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
The fact you owned a TJ has done more damage to the image of Jeep owners than any other single person or event.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Guess that works, so gay they have to be straight, like Gavin Newsome.

Quote:
The fact you owned a TJ has done more damage to the image of Jeep owners than any other single person or event.
Flattering. But no.

My TJ was a functional wheeler, was all smashed up, didn't have a single "appearance" part on it. I couldn't have dreamed of making any vehicle as retarded as 90% of the jeeps seen today.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:10 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Flattering. But no.

My TJ was a functional wheeler, was all smashed up, didn't have a single "appearance" part on it. I couldn't have dreamed of making any vehicle as retarded as 90% of the jeeps seen today.
No, I meant because you then moved on to a Mustang and Toyota. Clearly you are queerer than a 3 dollar bill that 6 guys wearing leather whacked off on at the same time and then rolled up to use for snorting buttbutter out of each other, and unfortunately for the straight Jeep owners you tainted us during your time with a Jeep.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:26 PM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Toyota the new Jeep? Does that mean that current Toyotas are unreliable and break down a lot or what?
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
Toyota the new Jeep? Does that mean that current Toyotas are unreliable and break down a lot or what?
Toyotas have always been unreliable garbage. The only reason there is a myth of reliability is the entire lot of you paid too much for your garbage to begin with, so you can't admit that you're swapping another 22RE into that POS because it blew the old one up. Instead you say something like "I bought a header and a cam for it, so it was easier to just install them on my spare engine and swap them." Then you'll brag to everyone about how it now makes 107HP at sea level when it's -40 and a Ford owner is helping to push. Then your frame breaks in half so you take the chance to rebuild everything while you're in there, despite it only having 100K on the whole chassis. Least we forget the only reason the axles were even slightly reliable was the absolute lack of power that any of the engines made, and even then you had to throw every upgrade possible at them to stop from either exploding the birfs or breaking knuckles right off.

So yeah, Toyotas are totally like Fiat garbage. Except you paid way too much. But s gonna .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in