Toyotas the new Jeeps? - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 12:55 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 225201
Same thought I always have every time time my 280k Yota fires up on 6 months old gas and purrs like a kitten. 1985 4Runner runs like Day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
Toyota the new Jeep? Does that mean that current Toyotas are unreliable and break down a lot or what?
Toyotas have always been unreliable garbage. The only reason there is a myth of reliability is the entire lot of you paid too much for your garbage to begin with, so you can't admit that you're swapping another 22RE into that POS because it blew the old one up. Instead you say something like "I bought a header and a cam for it, so it was easier to just install them on my spare engine and swap them." Then you'll brag to everyone about how it now makes 107HP at sea level when it's -40 and a Ford owner is helping to push. Then your frame breaks in half so you take the chance to rebuild everything while you're in there, despite it only having 100K on the whole chassis. Least we forget the only reason the axles were even slightly reliable was the absolute lack of power that any of the engines made, and even then you had to throw every upgrade possible at them to stop from either exploding the birfs or breaking knuckles right off.

So yeah, Toyotas are totally like Fiat garbage. Except you paid way too much. But <a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0" alt="" title="rainbow" >:-)</a>s gonna <a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0" alt="" title="rainbow" >:-)</a>.
erictylers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 02:44 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictylers1 View Post
Same thought I always have every time time my 280k Yota fires up on 6 months old gas and purrs like a kitten. 1985 4Runner runs like Day 1.
Being a Toyota guy has got to suck. I mean yalls mothership left 30 plus years ago so now ya sound like Ed Bundy reliving the glory days at Polk High. You were abandoned for lovers of Yelp reviews and consumer reports. Jeep said fawk it and kept cranking out hit after hit. Instead of embracing the greatness yall just sit on the sidelines and talk about the good old days. I mean yalls aftermarket companies are even leaving you behind. Trail Gear is about all that's left right?

"This 22whatever has 280K and only 3 head gaskets"

"Toyota axles are the greatest as long as I get 9.99 gears, new knuckles, new shafts, 8th stud mod, replace the 3rd member studs with bolts, 86 the trunion bearing, toss the lockouts for a flange, and weld a cap over the diff"

"I have tons of power after my 3rd tcase gets added on"
Old 06-27-2019, 08:14 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Wow, lot o butt hurt in here

What's your thoughts on jeep using a toyota tranny?

PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post

Jeeps are the democrats of the off road world, they can identify however they like.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:29 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:

I'll keep saying it. I'm not butthurt. I don't own a Toyota so my butt is fine. However it seems that Toyota owners have some sort of gay rape fantasy revolving around the buttholes of people who actually see the inferiority of Toyota vehicles, and lust over the idea of buttholes that are violated and damaged.

As to trannies, of course you'd bring that up, since I'm sure you have quite the tranny fantasy too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:

AW4 and Toyota ujoints are the shit
Old 06-27-2019, 10:17 AM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 5716
There was a non-running 1985 club cab 4x4 that ran through the Denver dealer auction this morning that fetched $2800. That seemed a little excessive.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
Pat

Member # 120
Sold today

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19..._listing_ended
Old 06-27-2019, 12:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
That's insane.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 79509
DirtyComanche is the resident cockspert. His unrivaled knowledge of homosexual acts and desires can be seen in this thread, amongst others on this forum.

He edged out Josh Turner to be on top.

Last edited by Black Sheep; 06-27-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 12:53 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
That's insane.
I agree it's insane. A vehicle of that nature shouldnt sell for that much.

However, consider the comps. A prestine 1985 CJ7, K10, etc would easily sell for ~$20k. The market is cyclical, the generation who "grew up" with those vehicles have the disposable income to relive their glory days with the iconic vehicles of the time.

Much like how you lust over the Model T
Old 06-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #62 (permalink)
Pat

Member # 120
It is the old adage, it will sell for what ever someone is will to pay. So going away are the days of cheap toyotas. But in the meantime I will flip the ones I can hahaha
Old 06-27-2019, 01:00 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
That's insane.
It does look like it was stored in a time capsule.
Rich buyer probably just wants it to keep as a museum piece.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #64 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
I agree it's insane. A vehicle of that nature shouldnt sell for that much.

However, consider the comps. A prestine 1985 CJ7, K10, etc would easily sell for ~$20k. The market is cyclical, the generation who "grew up" with those vehicles have the disposable income to relive their glory days with the iconic vehicles of the time.

Much like how you lust over the Model T
The only Model T I'd lust after would be one similar to this.
Attached Images

One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
No, I meant because you then moved on to a Mustang and Toyota. Clearly you are queerer than a 3 dollar bill that 6 guys wearing leather whacked off on at the same time and then rolled up to use for snorting buttbutter out of each other, and unfortunately for the straight Jeep owners you tainted us during your time with a Jeep.
Quote:
Toyotas have always been unreliable garbage. The only reason there is a myth of reliability is the entire lot of you paid too much for your garbage to begin with, so you can't admit that you're swapping another 22RE into that POS because it blew the old one up. Instead you say something like "I bought a header and a cam for it, so it was easier to just install them on my spare engine and swap them." Then you'll brag to everyone about how it now makes 107HP at sea level when it's -40 and a Ford owner is helping to push. Then your frame breaks in half so you take the chance to rebuild everything while you're in there, despite it only having 100K on the whole chassis. Least we forget the only reason the axles were even slightly reliable was the absolute lack of power that any of the engines made, and even then you had to throw every upgrade possible at them to stop from either exploding the birfs or breaking knuckles right off.

So yeah, Toyotas are totally like Fiat garbage. Except you paid way too much. But s gonna .
Quote:
I'll keep saying it. I'm not butthurt. I don't own a Toyota so my butt is fine. However it seems that Toyota owners have some sort of gay rape fantasy revolving around the buttholes of people who actually see the inferiority of Toyota vehicles, and lust over the idea of buttholes that are violated and damaged.

As to trannies, of course you'd bring that up, since I'm sure you have quite the tranny fantasy too.
Angry! Angry enough to bolt on an angry eyes grill and let the entire world know just how angry
Old 06-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 3553
Send a message via AIM to FreakAccident
Lots of ignorant talk in here. 4.0 Jeeps are great along with those before them. Toyotas of years past are great too. New Jeeps are awful and every time I see a 4 door Wrangler with the doors off I barf a little in my mouth. Angry grill Jeeps make me giggle at the people driving them. Toyota hasn't made a decent 4x4 for US consumption in a long time. Fuck everybody!
FreakAccident is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 145976
Seems like old jeeps have went down in value. Toyota tax is growing, 80s Toyota's are starting to be collectables. They want 1-2G for rusty shitboxs around here.

Last edited by wheelinxj42; 06-27-2019 at 05:11 PM.
wheelinxj42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictylers1 View Post
This right here. My 89 carbed 4 speed fired up after 4 pumps of the gas pedal after sitting almost 10 months. According to some filthy Indian they are garbage though.

Last edited by Aisin; 06-27-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Aisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
This right here. My 89 carbed 4 speed fired up after 4 pumps of the gas pedal after sitting almost 10 months. According to some filthy Indian they are garbage though.
89 and carbed with a 4 speed. That's like saying the hooker was great, but she had a penis and herpes.

Wait, you Toyota fags are into that.

It's fucking trash, slant eye.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
89 and carbed with a 4 speed. That's like saying the hooker was great, but she had a penis and herpes.

Wait, you Toyota fags are into that.

It's fucking trash, slant eye.
You sure are a bitter fuck. Did a Toyota rape your family to death when you were a child?
Old 06-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 166307
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakAccident View Post
Lots of ignorant talk in here. 4.0 Jeeps are great along with those before them. Toyotas of years past are great too. New Jeeps are awful and every time I see a 4 door Wrangler with the doors off I barf a little in my mouth. Angry grill Jeeps make me giggle at the people driving them. Toyota hasn't made a decent 4x4 for US consumption in a long time. Fuck everybody!

My thoughts eXactly...
Old 06-27-2019, 07:54 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
You sure are a bitter fuck. Did a Toyota rape your family to death when you were a child?
Nope. Not bitter at all, I just can't wrap my head around how you guys think you own something amazing. By 1989 carbs were beyond obsolete, along with non-overdrive transmissions. And no, it's not impressive that it sat for a while and still was capable of running. Does your other stuff normally just break while it's sitting? Are you amazed when you take a tool you haven't used for a long time out of the toolbox and find it hasn't spontaneously fallen apart? Are you impressed every time you come home and find your house hasn't just somehow collapsed? The only time I've broken anything on a vehicle is while actually using and abusing a it.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 166307
It's a jeep thing....

I DON'T GET IT.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:58 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
Nope. Not bitter at all, I just can't wrap my head around how you guys think you own something amazing. By 1989 carbs were beyond obsolete, along with non-overdrive transmissions. And no, it's not impressive that it sat for a while and still was capable of running. Does your other stuff normally just break while it's sitting? Are you amazed when you take a tool you haven't used for a long time out of the toolbox and find it hasn't spontaneously fallen apart? Are you impressed every time you come home and find your house hasn't just somehow collapsed? The only time I've broken anything on a vehicle is while actually using and abusing a it.
Never said my Toyota was amazing. You on the other hand sound like a broken fucking record. We get it, you don’t like Toyotas. Not sure why you feel the need to run your fucking mouth every time a thread pops up with the word Toyota in it. Go talk to a counselor. Things will be ok.

Last edited by Aisin; 06-27-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:12 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Never said my Toyota was amazing. You on the other hand sound like a broken fucking record. We get it, you donít like Toyotas. Not sure why you feel the need to run your fucking mouth every time a thread pops up with the word Toyota in it. Go talk to a counselor. Things will be ok.
The fact that you think that your truck actually starts is noteworthy enough to make a post about tells me all I need to know. Hell, you listed the specs like you were running a one off build that was only available in Japan by special order. You think that shit is amazing, hard fact there, more solid than any dump Trump took on a Hillary doll. However, this isn't highschool where you're just happy you have something that might make it to the pit party and back. This is 2019 and most of us are grown men, except Flexy, Evernoob, and Eviltwit or whatever his Eurofag name is. Your shit is beyond trash, you overpaid for it, and now you're going to defend how fucking gay it makes you until you're blue in the face and you've worn the tips off your typing fingers, but the reality is if we compare specs, price, and how many dudes have been in your ass (lower score is better), it all comes out as the Toyota is the loser. Stop being so upset about a joke that's been running for longer than 15 years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in