Toyotas the new Jeeps? - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
I just can't wrap my head around how you guys think you own something amazing.
Amazing? NO ONE ever said that. Less of a piece of crap and less ghey than a jeep is all I ever claimed.

Quote:
The fact that you think that your truck actually starts is noteworthy enough to make a post about tells me all I need to know. Hell, you listed the specs like you were running a one off build that was only available in Japan by special order. You think that shit is amazing, hard fact there, more solid than any dump Trump took on a Hillary doll. However, this isn't highschool where you're just happy you have something that might make it to the pit party and back. This is 2019 and most of us are grown men, except Flexy, Evernoob, and Eviltwit or whatever his Eurofag name is. Your shit is beyond trash, you overpaid for it, and now you're going to defend how fucking gay it makes you until you're blue in the face and you've worn the tips off your typing fingers, but the reality is if we compare specs, price, and how many dudes have been in your ass (lower score is better), it all comes out as the Toyota is the loser. Stop being so upset about a joke that's been running for longer than 15 years.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Says the angry syrup sucker that bought an over priced piece of shit Chrysler product, typing long winded angry replies at internet strangers.

Do you realize how big of a douche you are making yourself out to be with these arcane tirades?
Old 06-27-2019, 08:58 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post
Amazing? NO ONE ever said that. Less of a piece of crap and less ghey than a jeep is all I ever claimed.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Says the angry syrup sucker that bought an over priced piece of shit Chrysler product, typing long winded angry replies at internet strangers.

Do you realize how big of a douche you are making yourself out to be with these arcane tirades?
Well, Jeeps are simply amazing, so if you're going to claim it's "less of a piece of crap" then you're fairly simply saying it's better than amazing. I think we can reasonably say that my assessment that you cockmongers think your garbage is amazing is accurate, if not possibly understated.

I clean my pots.

I paid $10K under sticker for a Jeep with lockers in both axles. Nearest comparable (and not as good offroad) Toyota shit was $25K more.

I don't care if I look like a dick, I'm spreading truth, sometimes the truth hurts and the people who can't see it are going to get upset about it, plus in all reality the only way you fucking retards might get it is if it's rammed so far up your already massively expanded buttholes that it gets jammed into your brain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 09:12 PM   #78 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Just posting to verify my new signature.

Edit: why is my signature showing up funky? What did I do wrong?

Last edited by 2big bronco; 06-27-2019 at 09:13 PM.
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 09:23 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
Just posting to verify my new signature.

Edit: why is my signature showing up funky? What did I do wrong?
You cut off part of the first [QUOTE] tag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:36 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 31211
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
Wow, lot o butt hurt in here

What's your thoughts on jeep using a toyota tranny?

Best auto Chrysler ever put in a Jeep. I have one behind an old AMC 360 with tons and sticky 40s and I have no complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
AW4 and Toyota ujoints are the shit
You must be talking about driveshafts and not stock Toyota Birfields.

The truth is the aftermarket are the ones that have really given Jeeps the fuckstick look and feel... Fab Fours being the main culprit, with their "grumper" grill and other add on faggotry that just looks fuckin dumb. What really sucks is those guys used to build really cool shit 15 years ago. I'm not talking about their bumpers, I'm talking about project vehicles they built.

Anyhow, if the aftermarket built completely retarded looking shit for the Toyotas like they do for Jeeps, it would all be the same.

As for what works best, anyone can take a Jeep frame/body or Toyota frame/body throw in an LS, Atlas, JHF fabricated portals, and sticky 42s and do some gnarly shit. Hint: The frame/body is not what makes the difference here.

As for stock, and I mean drive a brand new vehicle off the lot and go hit the trails with no lift, tires, tools, etc... I think it would be tough to beat a stock 2dr Jeep Rubicon. I wheel an old CJ-5 and my good wheelin buddy wheels an old 4runner, so I really don't care. They are both geared on tons with 40s and the same wheelbase, so they are pretty comparable. I do have a little more power than his 4 banger though.

Last edited by charlieboyd65; 06-27-2019 at 09:38 PM.
charlieboyd65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 09:40 PM   #81 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Fawkin 'Comanche bringing the pain today.

Been laughing my ass off at this thread. Personally I don't like "My brand is best and yours is gay" but he's bringing some good arguments to the forum.

My Diesel Sport Trac Build

69DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Right about now is a good time for......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 06:41 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 3553
Send a message via AIM to FreakAccident
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieboyd65 View Post

As for stock, and I mean drive a brand new vehicle off the lot and go hit the trails with no lift, tires, tools, etc... I think it would be tough to beat a stock 2dr Jeep Rubicon.
As true as this may be it is ridiculous that a Rubicon costs 38k to start. You could build an amazing TJ, LJ, Tacoma, or 4runner for less than half that and never look back and not look like an asshole driving down the road. New jeeps are asshole mobiles for people with more money than sense.

Back when I bought my first Jeep which was a 98 TJ back in 98 I built most of the stuff I put on it. Then we had these guys come along and buy a TJ and put on the new long arm kits and any other shit you could bolt on it. Then I would drive around them on the trail when they got hung up and cried about scratching the paint. Bolt on bitches is what we called them then. I don't know what you call these angry Jeep fuckasseries now.
FreakAccident is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 06:52 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:
Well, Jeeps are simply amazing, so if you're going to claim it's "less of a piece of crap" then you're fairly simply saying it's better than amazing. I think we can reasonably say that my assessment that you cockmongers think your garbage is amazing is accurate, if not possibly understated.

I clean my pots.

I paid $10K under sticker for a Jeep with lockers in both axles. Nearest comparable (and not as good offroad) Toyota shit was $25K more.

I don't care if I look like a dick, I'm spreading truth, sometimes the truth hurts and the people who can't see it are going to get upset about it, plus in all reality the only way you fucking retards might get it is if it's rammed so far up your already massively expanded buttholes that it gets jammed into your brain.

Wait..... you own a JK and you're the one calling people gay?

lmao
Old 06-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post

lmao

This
Old 06-28-2019, 07:00 PM   #86 (permalink)
E. Spengler

Member # 206384
This seems ok. If you're into that kind of thing.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 31211
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakAccident View Post
As true as this may be it is ridiculous that a Rubicon costs 38k to start. You could build an amazing TJ, LJ, Tacoma, or 4runner for less than half that and never look back and not look like an asshole driving down the road. New jeeps are asshole mobiles for people with more money than sense.

Back when I bought my first Jeep which was a 98 TJ back in 98 I built most of the stuff I put on it. Then we had these guys come along and buy a TJ and put on the new long arm kits and any other shit you could bolt on it. Then I would drive around them on the trail when they got hung up and cried about scratching the paint. Bolt on bitches is what we called them then. I don't know what you call these angry Jeep fuckasseries now.
I don't disagree with you at all on the ridiculous price of a new Rubicon or new Toyota truck or 4runner for that matter also. However, if there is a pissing contest about which is actually more capable, then you're either talking about a) capability straight off the lot in stock form or b) the capability with unlimited funds thrown at it.

My point is I think the Rubicon wins out in situation A and it's an irrelevant argument in situation B.

Also, if we're talking about buying the most capable stock USED vehicle, I'd still say the Rubicon wins since it's debut in 2004 or whatever year, regardless of the model year. So yeah, buy a used/less expensive Rubicon I guess if you want the most capable stock rig since 2004. And, if you're talking about buying a cheap older Toyota truck ($1,000) and throwing money at it ($10,000) to make it better than a $14,000 used TJ Rubicon, then apparently that argument doesn't hold up anymore since the original point of this thread is how expensive old Toyota trucks are now.

And yes, the JK out of control douchebaggery drives me insane. It gives the old Jeep wheelers a bad name. But, so do guys that take a stock Toyota Tacoma put a lift on the front, prerunner flares front/rear, and fake bead locks with a flat bill hat. Same deal, just not as prevelant as it used to be.

Hell, I like Toyotas. Like them a lot. But, arguing which is better is kind of dumb. Rubicon is Jeep, which is arguably the most capable stock rig. Jeep wins. What more is there to really discuss.

Last edited by charlieboyd65; 06-28-2019 at 09:40 PM.
charlieboyd65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 11:32 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 3553
Quote:
I don't disagree with you at all on the ridiculous price of a new Rubicon or new Toyota truck or 4runner for that matter also. However, if there is a pissing contest about which is actually more capable, then you're either talking about a) capability straight off the lot in stock form or b) the capability with unlimited funds thrown at it.

My point is I think the Rubicon wins out in situation A and it's an irrelevant argument in situation B.

Also, if we're talking about buying the most capable stock USED vehicle, I'd still say the Rubicon wins since it's debut in 2004 or whatever year, regardless of the model year. So yeah, buy a used/less expensive Rubicon I guess if you want the most capable stock rig since 2004. And, if you're talking about buying a cheap older Toyota truck ($1,000) and throwing money at it ($10,000) to make it better than a $14,000 used TJ Rubicon, then apparently that argument doesn't hold up anymore since the original point of this thread is how expensive old Toyota trucks are now.

And yes, the JK out of control douchebaggery drives me insane. It gives the old Jeep wheelers a bad name. But, so do guys that take a stock Toyota Tacoma put a lift on the front, prerunner flares front/rear, and fake bead locks with a flat bill hat. Same deal, just not as prevelant as it used to be.

Hell, I like Toyotas. Like them a lot. But, arguing which is better is kind of dumb. Rubicon is Jeep, which is arguably the most capable stock rig. Jeep wins. What more is there to really discuss.
IF I had the money to buy a wheeler and I could choose what I wanted this is what it would be: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 33" Super Swamper TSL/TSX on black steel wheels. 15" wheels maybe beadlocks. 4" coils. Some control arms that use factory mounts but are adjustable and have rubber bushings not heim joints. No long arm bullshit. Steel bumpers with a 8274 winch up front. A suck down winch for the front end. CO2 for the tires. A hi lift. An axe and a shovel. AC, bikini top, good to go. That's how we used to do shit.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 3553
You pussies nowadays don't know shit. This is the shit we used to build on Pirate 4x4. When did you last shorten your trucks bed to come off ledges easier? That Toyota had a fucking square tube drive shaft in the front!!! I put a box of BBs in each tire to balance them on that Toyota and it would cruise at 70mph. OH and that fucking Samurai got 22mpg with those boggers on it. I didn't have a truck to haul my shit. I drove it there and back. If it broke I fixed it.

Last edited by FreakAccident; 06-28-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:46 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post

lmao
Wow, if you ever took a minute to stop eating those 84 cocks you would have known I bought a JK for a work commuter. There was only a 10 page long thread on it which I spent most of evading homosexual advances from Toyota owners that were hoping to get topped. I needed something with lockers in both axles, and they rate I get paid out for driving it more than covers my fuel/parts/depreciation, so to me it made some level of sense at the time. It's stock, and I don't do bolt on shit or hang out with the barbie mallcrawler crowd, although I bet they wheel more and harder than you when they're not doing a show 'n shine or BBQ fundraiser.

Quote:
Rubicon is Jeep, which is arguably the most capable stock rig. Jeep wins. What more is there to really discuss.
They want to discuss how hot they think I am in a pair of black bib overalls. I wish it wasn't like that, but once the genie is out of the bottle there ain't much that can be done.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:54 PM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakAccident View Post
That Toyota had a fucking square tube drive shaft in the front!!!
Yeah, the standard Toyota driveshaft. Necessary because the owner was brokedick from spending their minimum wage salary on buttplugs and tight shirts, and the shit geometry of the front leaf springs meant you needed a long travel slip joint, so instead you sloppily welded some receiver hitch shit together and acted like you'd built the fucking Antikythera mechanism entirely by hand. Never mind it wasn't square or true, it vibrated worse than a cinderblock in a dryer, and it would actually walk your front end in one direction or another if you ever got hung up on it.

But that was the raging tech in the Toyota world, between trying to figure out how to make your 22R have more than 100HP and what colour your gear ratio was.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:05 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 3553
Quote:
Yeah, the standard Toyota driveshaft. Necessary because the owner was brokedick from spending their minimum wage salary on buttplugs and tight shirts, and the shit geometry of the front leaf springs meant you needed a long travel slip joint, so instead you sloppily welded some receiver hitch shit together and acted like you'd built the fucking Antikythera mechanism entirely by hand. Never mind it wasn't square or true, it vibrated worse than a cinderblock in a dryer, and it would actually walk your front end in one direction or another if you ever got hung up on it.

But that was the raging tech in the Toyota world, between trying to figure out how to make your 22R have more than 100HP and what colour your gear ratio was.
Have it your way. You win. That Toyota I built was fucking awesome and I beat the shit out of it in rocks and on the trails. You didn't.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:07 AM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 53528
a jeepfag obsessed with buttholes talking shit about toyotas

are you trying to make jeep owners look even gayer then they already do? if so youre doing great at it
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2019, 12:25 AM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 53453
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
a jeepfag obsessed with buttholes talking shit about toyotas

are you trying to make jeep owners look even gayer then they already do? if so youre doing great at it
I'm not making Jeep owners seem gayer to the straight portion of the male population. However, apparently I'm turning you on, so that's how you perceive it. Which is not my intended action, but I don't know exactly what makes faggots like you tick.

All the tech I've posted in this thread is 100% true. You can't refute that, so you try to personally attack me instead.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:54 AM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 102591
Quote:
...and the shit geometry of the front leaf springs meant you needed a long travel slip joint...
Like Jeeps don’t need SYEs?

Come on dude, I get your point, I have a JK, a Land Rover and a HJ47 on a fzj80 frame in my driveway, and they ALL have strengths and weaknesses and shit that makes you want to kick the engineer who designed it that way’s kid in the head, but your hate boner for Toyota’s is getting a bit Overbear on Muslims-ish.

And what’s your problem with homos anyway? Way I see it the more dudes are gay the more women there are for the rest of us to talk ourselves up to yet ultimately disappoint. You bang on enough about others being gay that there has to be a little projection going on. Maybe try being quiet for a while and sucking a cock to make doubly sure you don’t actually like it?

Last edited by -Dex-; 06-29-2019 at 01:54 AM.
-Dex- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2019, 06:36 AM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 118035
Quote:
Wow, if you ever took a minute to stop eating those 84 cocks you would have known I bought a JK for a work commuter. There was only a 10 page long thread on it which I spent most of evading homosexual advances from Toyota owners that were hoping to get topped. I needed something with lockers in both axles, and they rate I get paid out for driving it more than covers my fuel/parts/depreciation, so to me it made some level of sense at the time. It's stock, and I don't do bolt on shit or hang out with the barbie mallcrawler crowd, although I bet they wheel more and harder than you when they're not doing a show 'n shine or BBQ fundraiser.

They want to discuss how hot they think I am in a pair of black bib overalls. I wish it wasn't like that, but once the genie is out of the bottle there ain't much that can be done.

That is alot of words to cope with your decisions in life.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:58 AM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 166307
You 2 ought to call mythbusters...
Just as they launched a cannonball into a residential lot,

I bet they could shine some light on the "gay" jeep thing AND what's a better platform

Good ole pbb
Fun thread
Old 06-29-2019, 07:59 AM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Bumping this just to hear dirtycommanche talk about dicks and assholes constantly while calling everyone else homos.
Aisin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2019, 08:01 AM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 166307
TOYOTA
Old 06-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 151818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subybaja View Post
This seems ok. If you're into that kind of thing.

Overbear camping rig!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregj50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in