The Fetus Had No Choice - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I am starting to wonder if I am the only one on the PBB with a IQ high enough to understand, if you want to believe that crap KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. Quit trying to foster your shit on other people.



Don't like gays/trans/blacks/whites/reds/whatever... great, don't, but keep it to yourself



Don't like abortion, great, that is your choice, however keep it to your fucking self.



Believe in some ghost in the clouds, fantastic! that is your thing, keep it to your fucking self and quit shoving the tenets of your particular brand of insanity on others.


Since you seem to have troubles understanding stuff I will simplify it for you.

Having a believe, be it god, science or a spaghetti monster in the sky, is like having a penis. You can be proud you have it but when you start waving it in others faces thats when its not ok.

How is you re-education camp comment any different than someone who believes in pro life or pro choice? As usual your broad strokes comments prove you are as much a part of the problem as everyone else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 11:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
There's a difference between voicing your opinion, and convicting someone of manslaughter based on the belief that an unconscious noodle is a living person.



It may not be what you want to hear, but PBB GCC isn't your safe space.



If you read better you'd see that he is all for YOU doing what YOU want to do, just don't force it on him, which in the context of the thread means that you can hold the belief that a fetus is a person, that's fine, but convicting a person of a crime based off a belief is asinine.


So you missed the part where he said we need to round up people and put them in re-education camps?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered User
 
akpostal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Member # 15230
Location: wasilla AK
Posts: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McChevy View Post
But at least while shes locked up she probably won't get pregnant again
Hold on we dont know that.
__________________
COI
akpostal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 12:14 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Member # 858714
Posts: 30
WOW!
Murder Yota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Yota Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member # 57128
Posts: 14,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I am starting to wonder if I am the only one on the PBB with a IQ high enough to understand, if you want to believe that crap KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. Quit trying to foster your shit on other people.

Don't like gays/trans/blacks/whites/reds/whatever... great, don't, but keep it to yourself

Don't like abortion, great, that is your choice, however keep it to your fucking self.

Believe in some ghost in the clouds, fantastic! that is your thing, keep it to your fucking self and quit shoving the tenets of your particular brand of insanity on others.
What if you don't like Muslims, should you keep it to yourself or spew it every chance you get on a website?
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
jeepyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Member # 17637
Location: Middlesex NY
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
if the police shoot you 50 times, why do they attempt to determine the "lethal" gun shot if it's a case of police misconduct?
Why are not all the police that shot accused of murder, and just the one that fired the "lethal" shot.
Anyone of them could be fatal, given time.

so in your case, which was the lethal blow? the knife or the bus?

if government seeks to protect it agents using that logic, then we should use that logic for everything right?
Yes, but people apply their own twisted logic.

In your police scenario, I would be responsible for making the police shoot me. Other people would blame the police for shooting me. Still others would blame Smith and Wesson because they manufactured the evil guns that shot me. The rest of them would blame Trump because orange man bad.

In my case, it turned out the bus driver had two beers before work and was charged with manslaughter for running you over. I got away to be all stabby again at a later date.

.
__________________
Quote:
Treason is about betraying your fellow citizens to an enemy. Not about betraying your government to your fellow citizens.
jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #57 (permalink)
No
 
Filthy McChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Member # 106663
Location: South Park
Posts: 15,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpostal View Post
Hold on we dont know that.
Just trying to see a silver lining.
__________________
Durrhh.
Filthy McChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18776
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerfreak View Post
All racial comments aside, so the shooter was not indicted but the shootee was that’s fucked
Not really, either a fetus is a life or isn't a life, and if/when there is a point before birth where it is deemed to be a a life, then and only then should the law apply to anyone who causes it harm. What would be fucked up is if she was being charged for murder when she could still have had abortion, like what happens to those who cause the death of a fetus when the state allows for abortions to be performed at the time someone's negligence or purposeful action causes the fetus's death.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #59 (permalink)
ADD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 22080
Location: Grass Valley, Ca
Posts: 5,180
I'm sure the bullet was cheaper than the 39 dollars it would have cost at planned parenthood
__________________
Got custom cab?
ADD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18776
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by animator View Post
Dumb, but I agree with it. As a CHL holder, if I provoke a fight that results in me shooting and killing someone, I can be charged with murder, even if I was "defending myself" after the provocation of that fight.
It doesn't just apply to you as a CHL holder, no one gets to claim self-defense when they initiate the conflict, regardless if they are actually in risk of losing their life or suffering great bodily injury at the time.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
It doesn't just apply to you as a CHL holder, no one gets to claim self-defense when they initiate the conflict, regardless if they are actually in risk of losing their life or suffering great bodily injury at the time.


Thats state to state. You can tell someone to “fuck off” and if they respond with life threatening force you can defend yourself accordingly. Something about using appropriate responses to threats. But if you go out of your way to instigate a fight and it turns south then your on the hook...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 02:45 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18776
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
The law says that the unborn baby is considered a baby in cases like these. Contradicting with abortion being legal? Sure. But my wife and I aren't going to abort our child, and if you kill my unborn child, you're going down for murder and rightfully so. Any one of you would feel the same if it was yours.
How is it murder when your wife could decide to terminate the fetus at the same time? Would your wife commit murder if you wanted it and she didn't?
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Member # 7772
Posts: 69
Easiest skin-tag to pick on conservatives with.

Claim to worry about the welfare of an unborn baby but then celebrate it when it's a black dying.

That shit is so morally weak I can't even imagine feeling that way.

This is it. This is where I can't understand the viewpoint of those I don't share opinions with.

But if a non-pregnant healthy female attacks her husband's kids and he strikes back, he has to go to jail?

I'm fucking lost in this labryinth of justification.
EverNoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 03:01 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18776
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
if the police shoot you 50 times, why do they attempt to determine the "lethal" gun shot if it's a case of police misconduct?
Why are not all the police that shot accused of murder, and just the one that fired the "lethal" shot.
Anyone of them could be fatal, given time.

so in your case, which was the lethal blow? the knife or the bus?

if government seeks to protect it agents using that logic, then we should use that logic for everything right?
Because only one person can deliver the lethal blow, and the first one to deliver the lethal blow, no matter how many deliver ones after, only the first to deliver the lethal blow commits murder.

With the knife and bus, absent the bus the knife wound was still fatal, therefore the person who stabbed him is the cause of the persons death, not the bus.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 04:03 PM   #65 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: Bryan, TX
Posts: 11,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
How is it murder when your wife could decide to terminate the fetus at the same time? Would your wife commit murder if you wanted it and she didn't?
Explain the genius to me, Mr. Attorney. You should be pretty familiar with how the courts have ruled on this issue.

As for your second question, personally, I wouldn't have married a girl who had ever had one or considered getting one. I think it's sick as fuck to do that to your own offspring. I don't let it dictate my vote because I don't worry about things I can't change. I don't care much about how you treat your fetus, but I absolutely give a shit if you injure mine.

That's why we have the double standard within the law. Some of us do care about our own. Some of you apparently don't feel your kids were worth anything until the day they were born.

Ultimately, none of that matters, because dumb bitch put herself in this position. Nothing would have happened had she not tried to attack someone else. Stupid hurts most of the time. It should.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: Bryan, TX
Posts: 11,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
Because only one person can deliver the lethal blow, and the first one to deliver the lethal blow, no matter how many deliver ones after, only the first to deliver the lethal blow commits murder.
Would that apply to 3 regular Joes putting bullets into someone in a bad shoot, or just the first guy?

Why is my German Shepherd cool for the cops to kill and why do I go to prison for murder if I kill theirs?

Let's derail this bitch even more. :blackflipoff2:
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dr.Danger; 06-27-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18776
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Thats state to state. You can tell someone to “fuck off” and if they respond with life threatening force you can defend yourself accordingly. Something about using appropriate responses to threats. But if you go out of your way to instigate a fight and it turns south then your on the hook...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it is not state dependent, even in a stand your ground States when you initiate the conflict or contact and have no authority to do so, you don't get to claim self-defense when your actions are deemed to be the cause of your need to defend yourself.

If all you say is fuck off and the guy physically attacks you, you would likely retain your right to self-defense, however, if you say fuck off and he responds with verbal or physical threats, you don't get to respond with physical force, and claim self-defense. This is what we saw happen in TX, I believe, where the father and son confronted the neighbor while armed, and then shot him claiming self defense.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 04:33 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 226216
Location: Lewis County, Washington
Posts: 3,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post



If all you say is fuck off and the guy physically attacks you, you would likely retain your right to self-defense, however, if you say fuck off and he responds with verbal or physical threats, you don't get to respond with physical force, and claim self-defense. This is what we saw happen in TX, I believe, where the father and son confronted the neighbor while armed, and then shot him claiming self defense.


Thats exactly what I said : homer: you can still be charged with instigating as well. Something about appropriate response to a threat... if someone pushes you you cant shoot them. If someone says something mean to you you cant put hands on them. Yet if you say fuck you and they respond with physical force then you can react with reasonable force to stop the threat. Since you seem kind slow today I will say that doesn’t mean you can use lethal force for a non life threatening situation. And yes it is different from state to state. Each state has their own definition of what constitutes what reaction. My local sheriffs department hands out pamphlets when you get or renew your CPP. Well before 1639 anyways. The pamphlet is very clear on “what a reasonable person would consider a life threatening situation.” I seriously doubt that is the same statute for every state that allows concealed carry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #69 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
jeepyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Member # 17637
Location: Middlesex NY
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
No, it is not state dependent, even in a stand your ground States when you initiate the conflict or contact and have no authority to do so, you don't get to claim self-defense when your actions are deemed to be the cause of your need to defend yourself.
George Zimmerman, his attorneys and the state of Florida disagree.
__________________
Quote:
Treason is about betraying your fellow citizens to an enemy. Not about betraying your government to your fellow citizens.
jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18776
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Would that apply to 3 regular Joes putting bullets into someone in a bad shoot, or just the first guy?
Just the first guy that delivered the bullet that would have caused death first, the other two would be charged with attempted murder if they shot the guy before the death shot was fired, or conspiracy to commit murder if they fired after the death shot was fired. The only way to charge more than one with murder, is if all the wounds inflicted were of equal harm and no one wound would have caused death, but the totality of them did, i.e., death by a 1000 cuts.

Quote:
Why is my German Shepherd cool for the cops to kill and why do I go to prison for murder if I kill theirs?
The State believes your dog is threat to the LEO doing his job, you killing their dog is interfering with the State doing its job. The real question is why a LEO who negligently kills his canine officer, like leaving it in his car on a hot day, is not charged with murder the same as if a civilian killed canine officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Explain the genius to me, Mr. Attorney. You should be pretty familiar with how the courts have ruled on this issue.
Being aware of the duality that State;s have granted a fetus, and how the Courts have ruled, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I have no problem with making a fetus a life at point X, and from that point on make anyone who causes it harm criminally liable for that harm. However, if before point X the pregnant woman can terminate the fetus under the State's law for when a regular abortion can be performed, then anyone who causes the death of the fetus at that stage should not be charged with murder, regardless of the intent of the mother.

Quote:
As for your second question, personally, I wouldn't have married a girl who had ever had one or considered getting one. I think it's sick as fuck to do that to your own offspring. I don't let it dictate my vote because I don't wory about things I can't change. I don't care much about how you treat your fetus, but I absolutely give a shit if you injure mine.

That's why we have the double standard within the law. Some of us do care about our own. Some of you apparently don't feel your kids were worth anything until the day they were born.
I understand you position, and if someone caused the death of my unborn child I would want revenge as well. However, our legal system is not supposed to enact revenge, it is supposed to apply the law equally and from a point of logic, which laws making a fetus both a life and not life at the same time violates.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 192237
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 11,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RatBastard View Post
I thought I was pretty clear. You would be at fault. The law agrees with me and you never answered the question.
your kid is not an unborn parasite with no rights

not that your kid should have any rights until it is capable of sustaining itself independently, but that's neither here nor there.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 192237
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 11,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverNoob View Post
Easiest skin-tag to pick on conservatives with.

Claim to worry about the welfare of an unborn baby but then celebrate it when it's a black dying.
Or act all sanctimonious.

"A good christ-ee-ann would never murder one of their own baybees, only godless heathens would. Yes I support this modern continuance of the crusades. They're even killing themselves off!"
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 192237
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 11,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
Because only one person can deliver the lethal blow, and the first one to deliver the lethal blow, no matter how many deliver ones after, only the first to deliver the lethal blow commits murder.

With the knife and bus, absent the bus the knife wound was still fatal, therefore the person who stabbed him is the cause of the persons death, not the bus.
or you know, once one cop starts shooting all of them are going to join in
they are herd animals after all

So, just charge the first one to shoot, but that won't ever actually happen. They'll get a couple months paid vacation.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #74 (permalink)
Rednek
 
billybob_81067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member # 52387
Location: Rocky Ford, Colorado
Posts: 8,760
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
The law says that the unborn baby is considered a baby in cases like these. Contradicting with abortion being legal? Sure. But my wife and I aren't going to abort our child, and if you kill my unborn child, you're going down for murder and rightfully so. Any one of you would feel the same if it was yours.
Wasn't there a case in Colorado here within the past couple years where a gal killed another woman's unborn baby and was only charged with assault against the woman because the fetus had no rights? I thought that was a fucked up verdict...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
Nobody can prove that the fetus was going to be born anyway. She could have gotten into a car accident the next week. Or fallen down some stairs. or any number of other things that would have resulted in no baby. So how do you convict someone of another persons death, when that person's birth and life wasn't a foregone conclusion anyhow?
So someone could come strangle you to death right now and they shouldn't be charged with anything because there isn't any guarantee that you wouldn't have had a heart attack tomorrow?

__________________
The one, the only, the Dane.
billybob_81067 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #75 (permalink)
No
 
Filthy McChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Member # 106663
Location: South Park
Posts: 15,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverNoob View Post
Easiest skin-tag to pick on conservatives with.

Claim to worry about the welfare of an unborn baby but then celebrate it when it's a black dying.

That shit is so morally weak I can't even imagine feeling that way.

This is it. This is where I can't understand the viewpoint of those I don't share opinions with.

But if a non-pregnant healthy female attacks her husband's kids and he strikes back, he has to go to jail?

I'm fucking lost in this labryinth of justification.
Making bad jokes works for me better than spewing out rather strange vaguely philosophical verbal diarrhea.
__________________
Durrhh.
Filthy McChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.