GMC 6 way tailgate - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 08:19 AM   #76 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 30839
I do insurance collision repairs along side the propane gig. They are insane and the rates will be higher on them according to a local adjuster. He also said things will be changing drastically in the next 5 years. Most of the newer vehicles total when hit hard because of this kind of stuff.

Bulletproof propane kits for extreme off road and carbureted engines. Please visit our website for details.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TO ORDER ONLINE:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check us out on Facebook
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #77 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
What do you mean by changing drastically?
Action Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #78 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
What do you mean by changing drastically?

They will be lowering the rates since the new vehicles are so sturdy and easy to repair
Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?[Alan Keyes]

For some, Freedom matters, for most, prosperity suffices.[Fred Reed]

74Bronco EFI 5spd
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #79 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16751
Why can they make a gate like the old station wagons ?
That opens down or sideways depending on which handle you pull ?
Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?[Alan Keyes]

For some, Freedom matters, for most, prosperity suffices.[Fred Reed]

74Bronco EFI 5spd
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 13489
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
They do, it's just attached to a Honda Ridgeline.
Danny mora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
The bed rails are just too close to be driven off road and through ditches. Which is common practice in our business. One of our trainer friends and a client of ours has run into this issue. One has a Hawk and ended up with a Chevy to fit it. And the other had to buy a flat bed after totally crunching her bed side on a new alumaduty. Heck, even my 04 f250 2wd has a nice lick in the bed rail from our old Classic 4 horse. It sat low too. Horse trailers sit really low a lot of times.
Sounds like the trailers need to keep up with the times. It's not the early 90s anymore. Since 94 for dodge and 99 for Ford, the beds have been a little deeper. Every open deck goose neck I've seen has compensated for it and I'm sure the 5th wheels have also.

It's definitely not a height thing, my 97 F350 sits almost exactly the same as my 18 F250 company truck.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #82 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
It's about having ample room over the gooseneck for a bed and having head height. So instead of making the trailers stupid tall what they do is make the neck shorter. What use to work perfectly fine on those trucks but now trucks are good six to eight inches taller than they were 15 years ago.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #83 (permalink)
Random Dude

Member # 467273
Quote:
It's about having ample room over the gooseneck for a bed and having head height. So instead of making the trailers stupid tall what they do is make the neck shorter. What use to work perfectly fine on those trucks but now trucks are good six to eight inches taller than they were 15 years ago.
Sounds like horse owners need to adapt to the real world having changed . . .

. . . or just be pissy, high-maintenance types disconnected from reality (you know, "horse people")

<-- Random crap you might find useful
ExWrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 10:56 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post

. . . or just be pissy, high-maintenance types disconnected from reality (you know, "horse people")
Nail on head.

Its definitely not their inability to drive... it HAS to be a fault in the truck. Stupid truck!
Old 07-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #85 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Quote:

It's really just a 4wd ford Alumaduty issue. I'm sure anyone with a living quarters race car trailer is dealing with the same issue.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:58 AM   #86 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Sounds like people bitching about this new tailgate need to adapt to the real world having changed . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #87 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
I worked at the California State Fair one summer. My job was to sell admission tickets to any of the livestock exhibitors that didn't have a ticket, or had brought guests. It was easy work and I made a few extra bucks over the 3 week run. Anyway;

The thoroughbred trailers were pulled by OTR tractors, usually with a big-ass sleeper, and a matching painted Bloomer trailer.

The cattle trailers were usually some nice aluminum job pulled by a MDT, or F550 or such.

The sheep trailers were just about like a landscape trailer, with expanded metal floors and sided, with a ramp gate, pulled by a well used 3/4 ton truck.

The goats arrived along with their owners in a Subaru station wagon.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepanzerfuhrer View Post
Lol what stupidity. If they would just lower the bed to a reasonable height you wouldn’t need a gay as aids tail gate step. My 2000 pos Chevy is low enough to step into the bed without having to crawl up. My favorite is my pos 72, I have to bend down to put stuff in the bed. I am a huge fan of lowering trucks to make the beds more accessible and user friendly.
Right there with you. Put a small drop shackle on my '96 chevy to level it out and make an already reasonable tailgate height better. Watching people load dirt bikes in brand new trucks makes me never want to buy something new. Not that I could afford it anyway.

I just don't get why the tailgate has to be 5' off the ground, the hood has to be 6' high, yet there is 6" ground clearance under the front bumper/valence/plastic BS.
mjlogan88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 133009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlogan88 View Post
Right there with you. Put a small drop shackle on my '96 chevy to level it out and make an already reasonable tailgate height better. Watching people load dirt bikes in brand new trucks makes me never want to buy something new. Not that I could afford it anyway.

I just don't get why the tailgate has to be 5' off the ground, the hood has to be 6' high, yet there is 6" ground clearance under the front bumper/valence/plastic BS.

Bunch of short motherfuckers in this thread. Yall need to grow up
Old 07-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Quote:
It's really just a 4wd ford Alumaduty issue. I'm sure anyone with a living quarters race car trailer is dealing with the same issue.

I get it, I'm saying your wrong. I have a 97 and a 18 F series right in front of me, the bed rail height is within an inch of 2 of each other.

Edit: I'll even get out the tape

2018:
4' 9" at center of rear axle
21.5" bed floor to bed rail

1997:
4' 8.5" at center of rear axle
19.5" bed floor to bed rail

Both have stock sized tires. 18 probably has a little more shit in the bed, but nothing to crazy.

I don't see 1/2" make or breaking it.

Last edited by YotaAtieToo; 07-05-2019 at 12:57 PM.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
I get it, I'm saying your wrong. I have a 97 and a 18 F series right in front of me, the bed rail height is within an inch of 2 of each other.

Edit: I'll even get out the tape

2018:
4' 9" at center of rear axle
21.5" bed floor to bed rail

1997:
4' 8.5" at center of rear axle
19.5" bed floor to bed rail

Both have stock sized tires. 18 probably has a little more shit in the bed, but nothing to crazy.

I don't see 1/2" make or breaking it.
technically the difference would be 2-1/2"
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
I worked at the California State Fair one summer. My job was to sell admission tickets to any of the livestock exhibitors that didn't have a ticket, or had brought guests. It was easy work and I made a few extra bucks over the 3 week run. Anyway;

The thoroughbred trailers were pulled by OTR tractors, usually with a big-ass sleeper, and a matching painted Bloomer trailer.

The cattle trailers were usually some nice aluminum job pulled by a MDT, or F550 or such.

The sheep trailers were just about like a landscape trailer, with expanded metal floors and sided, with a ramp gate, pulled by a well used 3/4 ton truck.

All about the amount of money needed to participate, and the amount of money one has to spend, effects how one arrives.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 04:23 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukemaggots View Post

Or a Studebaker with a retractable roof and tailgate step.

so when GM did that on an envoy and claimed to be a world first that was a lie?
that thing is pimp. I would love it.

I do like my split glass tailgate on the wagon, and all station wagons/suvs should have that.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:31 PM   #94 (permalink)
Get Off My Lawn

Member # 77386
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
technically the difference would be 2-1/2"
Yeah I don't know exactly what the deal is. I just went and put a tape on my 04 and 06 trucks. The F350 is 4' 8" and the f250 is 4' 2.5" at the bed rail.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four_sixty View Post
Kind of like how Chrysler claims to have invented the minivan despite the fact that many came before it, notably the VW Type 2
not a minivan, it was a microbus
Quote:
Stringent fuel economy regulations imposed on cars in the 1970s had made it practically impossible for automakers to keep selling big station wagons. Yet many Americans still wanted roomy vehicles.

The answer, Mr. Sperlich and Mr. Iacocca realized, was to make family vehicles that were regulated as light trucks, a category of vehicles that includes pickups. The government had placed far more lenient fuel economy rules on light trucks, as well as more lenient safety and air pollution standards.

Cargo vans, a tiny niche marketed to carpenters, plumbers and other workers, were regulated as light trucks. When Chrysler introduced the minivan in 1983, fewer than 3 percent of them were configured as cargo vehicles, with just a couple of seats in the front and a long, flat bed in the back. But that was enough for Mr. Iacocca to persuade federal regulators to label all minivans as light trucks.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/b...-chrysler.html

[/COLOR]
[CENTER][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Last edited by paragon; 07-05-2019 at 08:42 PM.
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2019, 12:50 AM   #96 (permalink)
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Snowtoy View Post
Quote:

All about the amount of money needed to participate, and the amount of money one has to spend, effects how one arrives.
Thanks for clearing that up, it was quite the mystery.

Maybe you can tell me,how come some folk lives in big houses and some not.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 18776
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up, it was quite the mystery.

Maybe you can tell me,how come some folk lives in big houses and some not.
Meant to say the amount of money one has and is willing to spend, effects how one arrives, just like the 4 wheel hobby with trailer queens and DD's. When goat husbandry started, it was mainly a hippie thing, and unlike horse or cattle people, most hippies do not care about appearances, other than looking homeless, which is why they wouldn't care about stuffing a few goats into their Subaru, even though their goats were worth about the same pound for pound as the horses that arrived in OTS's and matching trailers. Growing up my family was raising cattle and sheep for market, a goat breeder bought the 800 acres next to us, built a house that was little more than a shed and 5 large barns that put most of the homes in the county to shame, yet drove an old VW bug, and hauled his goats around the country in a converted school bus that he had a bed in. He made his living from traveling the country showing, selling, and stud services from his championship lines, and had made enough to pay cash for the property and barn. Guess you can take the hippie out of the commune, but can't take the commune out of the hippie.
CA_Snowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2019, 09:20 AM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 229476
think of how hard it is to close some old truck beds (though some still close butter smooth!). Now imagine this tail gate in 20 years

250lbs max on the tail gate? so that means you can't even have 2 people sit on it?

www.33Chevy.net
danielbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 101209
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny mora View Post
They do, it's just attached to a Honda Ridgeline.
just saw the new 2019 ram is going to have that...but it is split in the middle...

i always liked the station wagon / honda ridgeline tailgate. why dont all of the big 3 have that option

A Nation of sheep will beget a Government of wolves.[/COLOR]
Edward Murrow
DT75FLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 181868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukemaggots View Post
Or a Studebaker with a retractable roof and tailgate step.

That's cool, but when the step is folded up, there's still two mounts sticking up.

waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in